PDA

View Full Version : Petegz28: Censorship going a little overboard on CP again?

Pages : [1] 2

wutamess
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
He's lost his ability to post new threads.

Are we abusing mod powers again?
Could you have at least sent him a pm for him to knock off whatever he did?

FTR: I don't follow most of his threads and don't know what goes on.
I just hate the criteria we use for censoring someone especially on a board that's supposed to be so "liberal".

SPchief
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Spaming the board is still spam, regardless of their political views.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Spaming the board is still spam, regardless of their political views.

Spaming? Political?

Dude have you read this board at all?

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:08 AM
If you want ot restrict me then restrict me but at least have the NADS to tell me you are doing at why?

Pretty ****ing chicken shit whichever one of you did it.

morphius
01-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Hell, I posted it in his thread where he threatened to post tons and tons of threads.

morphius
01-08-2008, 09:09 AM
If you want ot restrict me then restrict me but at least have the NADS to tell me you are doing at why?

Maybe you should read your own thread before opening your mouth.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Maybe you should read your own thread before opening your mouth.

Whatever. You could of at least sent me a PM.

And sorry if you couldn't pick up on a heavy dose of sarcasm.

Pretty ****ing chicken shit morphius. Little kids do that shit then go hide.

morphius
01-08-2008, 09:13 AM

Here is the post

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showpost.php?p=4506787&postcount=239

Here is the thread

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=178070

morphius
seems someone else was missing on the sarcasm...

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:14 AM
One of the mean mods took away 100 of my posts.

banyon
01-08-2008, 09:15 AM
ha

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Here is the post

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showpost.php?p=4506787&postcount=239

Here is the thread

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=178070

morphius
seems someone else was missing on the sarcasm...

And did i go make a bunch of threads? You yankled my Rights so you obviously were not being sarcastic.

You could of at least waited until I committed the crime to punish me.

It's just hcicken shit. Especially when I see what half the threads are about on this board.

Whatver Dude, if you are going to be that anal then whatever man.

chasedude
01-08-2008, 09:16 AM
omg the drama never ends

morphius
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
And did i go make a bunch of threads? You yankled my Rights so you obviously were not being sarcastic.

It's just hcicken shit. Especially when I see what half the threads are about on this board.

Whatver Dude, if you are going to be that anal then whatever man.
Dude, it was a J O K E. It wasn't even a permanent thing. Just like the once in a blue moon when I **** with someone's user name.

Dear lord...

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:19 AM

It was me, I did it. Now lick my Nads.....

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Dude, it was a J O K E. It wasn't even a permanent thing.

Dear lord...

Yanking my thread ceation rights for several days when I didn't even know about it is supposed to be a joke?

HA HA..funny :rolleyes:

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Dude, it was a J O K E. It wasn't even a permanent thing. Just like the once in a blue moon when I **** with someone's user name.

Dear lord...

Can I have my name changed to "LickMyCrazyNads" ? Or just CrazyNads

Joe Seahawk
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Thread terror must be stopped before it occurs..

We must be proactive..

:)

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Yanking my thread ceation rights for several days when I didn't even know about it is supposed to be a joke?

:deevee:

I laughed.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:22 AM
:deevee:

I laughed.

Look guy I am happy for you. Now take a walk for a bit.

ChiefsGirl
01-08-2008, 09:23 AM

You're right, it would have been funnier if they would have "yanked" your post creation rights too. And for good.

chasedude
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Thread terror must be stopped before it occurs..

We must be proactive..

Thread Patriot Act? :p

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Look guy I am happy for you. Now take a walk for a bit.

No, hummph :harumph:

brorth
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I've got to admit I just laughed, ol.

Skip Towne
You're right, it would have been funnier if they would have "yanked" your post creation rights too. And for good.
:LOL: I wish Morphius would do it just to watch Pete go ballistic.

morphius

I posted it your own damn "IGNORE ME" thread, not like I just hid it. A bunch of other people had no problem reading it. I guess I could have buried it in someone else's thread as some evil plot to confuse and disorient you, but I don't know, I would figure a person wouldn't ignore his own "IGNORE ME" thread.

And yes several days, I tend to do things on a week basis, I change names for about a week, I post sticky threads for about a week, etc, etc.

Count Alex's Wins
01-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Petegz28 needs to be reformed like yours truly.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I posted it your own damn "IGNORE ME" thread, not like I just pulled it out of my ass. A bunch of other people had no problem reading it. I guess I could have buried it in someone else's thread as some evil plot to confuse and disorient you, but I don't know, I would figure a person wouldn't ignore his own "IGNORE ME" thread.

And yes several days, I tend to do things on a week basis, I change names for about a week, I post sticky threads for about a week, etc, etc.

Well which is it, you were being sarcastic or serious? Whatever man you can't even stay with the same excuse I guess.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:28 AM
:LOL: I wish Morphius would do it just to watch Pete go ballistic.
Any way to give him a post max? Like 5 posts per day, or something?

That would be kinda funny.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I think it's also funny that with your thread creation rights stifled you got a buddy to start one for you, just to air your grievances publicly, again drawing attention to YOU. I guess you lost the ability to PM the mods also?

beavis
I've been begging for this for a while now. Several others have complained about him as well.

Fire Me Boy!
Petegz28 needs to be reformed like yours truly.
If by "reformed" you mean beat with a long stick, then yes.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I've been begging for this for a while now. Several others have complained about him as well.

No one MAKES any of you tards read my threads.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I think it's also funny that with your thread creation rights stifled you got a buddy to start one for you, just to air your grievances publicly, again drawing attention to YOU. I guess you lost the ability to PM the mods also?
In his defense, that's assuming you know who the mods are.

Aside from morphius and Bob Dole, I don't know who the mods are anymore.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM

Smaq was the only Mod I knew. I would have no clue who they were.

Brock
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Who cares, he's an idiot.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Smaq was the only Mod I knew. I would have no clue who they were.
Just so we're clear, I'm not going to make a habit of coming to your defense.

:p

DaFace
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
You intentionally make an ass of yourself and then get pissed when someone throws it in your face?

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Just so we're clear, I'm not going to make a habit of coming to your defense.

:p

Dude all you have to do is look at my threads and there is my defense. The same small group of people filling up 17 pages of a thread they think is stupid.

Now HTF does that sound?

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I could be wrong (I've been gone, so I'm not sure anymore), but I believe the proper usage of the Planet lexicon would be "Hes and idiot."

ChiefsGirl
01-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Any way to give him a post max? Like 5 posts per day, or something?

That would be kinda funny.

That would probably be 4 or 5 too many.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 09:35 AM

Look asshole...
He didn't ask me to start one for him.

Yes he could've PM'd the mods. but the MOD could've PM'd him too.
But I guess he really doesn't care that much about his posting rights.
So I took it upon myself.

If he gets banned without an explanation (that he'd see) then who could be next?

I'd do it for anyone.
Pete knew nothing about this thread being created.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-08-2008, 09:36 AM
it must be raining in olathe.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM

Let's see, it's sooo hard to find. Click on the "ChiefsPlanet" icon to the left of the lounge you're in and go to the main page. Then click on "View Forum Leaders" Icon in the bottom center of the page (below "Archives" and above "Currently Active Users" And a list of the mods, magically appear. I imagine simply asking someone would be too difficult for "it" to do.....

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Let's see, it's sooo hard to find. Click on the "ChiefsPlanet" icon to the left of the lounge you're in and go to the main page. Then click on "View Forum Leaders" Icon in the bottom center of the page (below "Archives" and above "Currently Active Users" And a list of the mods, magically appear. I imagine simply asking someone would be too difficult for "it" to do.....

I guess I am not as much a internet commando as you. :)

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Look asshole...

If he gets banned without an explanation (that he'd see) then who could be next?

I'd do it for anyone.

psst, I'm just F**king with him. And you don't have to tell me about getting banned for no good reason. Been there, Done that.

Fire Me Boy!
Well, Coffey, a long-time user here and I didn't know that was there. So perhaps it COULD be in more user-friendly place. Like perhaps on the pull-downs on any page (Planet, Forums, Chiefs, Search) and that top?

Just a suggestion.

DaFace
Look asshole...

I'd do it for anyone.

In my experience, the mods rarely send a message when they do something sneaky. Sig privs are revoked and names are changed on a near daily basis with no warning.

I guess my interpretation is that this place is liberal in terms of content allowed, but the mods aren't afraid to punish people just for being asses if they want to.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Huh?

Fire Me Boy!
In my experience, the mods rarely send a message when they do something sneaky. Sig privs are revoked and names are changed on a near daily basis with no warning.

I guess my interpretation is that this place is liberal in terms of content allowed, but the mods aren't afraid to punish people just for being asses if they want to.
Or taking away 100 posts to keep you from getting to 10,000.

:harumph:

dirk digler

LMAO

He has been lately anyway.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM

That's fine. Just tell someone. And not buried in 17 pages of the same 5 people crying about what a stupid thread I started.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
psst, I'm just F**king with him. And you don't have to tell me about getting banned for no good reason. Been there, Done that.

ROFL
Like how you didn't deny that you're an asshole.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I guess I am not as much a internet commando as you. :)

yeah, pointing the little arrow on things and clicking the mouse takes sooo much intelligence.

Wait, DONGER - YOU OUT THERE??? I see the light, this - this right here is what you meant by pointing out there IS a difference between being smart and being intelligent.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan

Actually, I've been on Chiefs Planet from day one and didn't know that.

Then again, I don't use the main page. My bookmark brings me directly to the forum.

So, I appreciate the information, if not the attitude.

DaFace
Or taking away 100 posts to keep you from getting to 10,000.

:harumph:

Yep. I've seen skips threads locked just before they reach 100, neg rep instantly maxed out, etc...

It's all (partly) for fun, and partly to keep people from being obnoxious.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:43 AM
That's fine. Just tell someone. And not buried in 17 pages of the same 5 people crying about what a stupid thread I started.
I'm not speaking from experience here, pete, because I'm frankly not sure what threads you've started.

But maybe if people continually bitch about your threads and you're gaining a reputation for being a dumbass... perhaps it's not the rest of the world that's out of step, my ChiefsPlanet brother.

Maybe you could refrain from rampant dumbassery?

:shrug:

petegz28
yeah, pointing the little arrow on things and clicking the mouse takes sooo much intelligence.

Wait, DONGER - YOU OUT THERE??? I see the light, this - this right here is what you meant by pointing out there IS a difference between being smart and being intelligent.

Or having a life vs. being a keyboard commando?

wutamess

And none of that's right. (Unless sigs violate the terms.)
Just because it's the norm for mods to abuse power doesn't mean it's right.

I used to have go rounds with Smaque for the same things.
Stop micromanaging the board.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2008, 09:44 AM

Stop your whining.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Yep. I've seen skips threads locked just before they reach 100, neg rep instantly maxed out, etc...

It's all (partly) for fun, and partly to keep people from being obnoxious.
Bob Dole locked three of mine last night. One of them didn't even get any replies before he locked it.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, Coffey, a long-time user here and I didn't know that was there. So perhaps it COULD be in more user-friendly place. Like perhaps on the pull-downs on any page (Planet, Forums, Chiefs, Search) and that top?

Just a suggestion.

I'll get to work on that....

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Those were some serious storms last night. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

DaFace
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Huh?

I doubt you really want to read this whole thing, but...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176407

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm not speaking from experience here, pete, because I'm frankly not sure what threads you've started.

But maybe if people continually bitch about your threads and you're gaining a reputation for being a dumbass... perhaps it's not the rest of the world that's out of step, my ChiefsPlanet brother.

Maybe you could refrain from rampant dumbassery?

Actually it is the same small group of people see. And I start my threads knowing full well there can be some mud slinging. But damn mud lsing on the topic not repreat in each and every thread how stupid you think it is for 10+ pages. Know what I mean?

If I start a thread about KU and Rankings feel free to give me shit out about that. But if all you are going to do is just fill up page after page of telling me how stupid you think my threads are then that is your choice. Why is that my problem?

HemiEd
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM

YOU are the one that has been acting like a little kid.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I'll get to work on that....
Are you being serious?

That would be very useful. Or, might be easier, if someone could create a user "Mods" that you could just PM that would send a PM to all active mods.

crazycoffey
So, I appreciate the information, if not the attitude.

ahhh, blow me....

Fire Me Boy!
I doubt you really want to read this whole thing, but...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176407
Ummm.... Cliff's Notes?

HemiEd
01-08-2008, 09:49 AM
One of the mean mods took away 100 of my posts.
ROFL He must be trying to make sure you hang around.

petegz28
YOU are the one that has been acting like a little kid.

How? Because I would like to know why something go yanked, how long for, stuff like that?

Yes childish of me I know. :shake:

Fire Me Boy!
Actually it is the same small group of people see. And I start my threads knowing full well there can be some mud slinging. But damn mud lsing on the topic not repreat in each and every thread how stupid you think it is for 10+ pages. Know what I mean?

If I start a thread about KU and Rankings feel free to give me shit out about that. But if all you are going to do is just fill up page after page of telling me how stupid you think my threads are then that is your choice. Why is that my problem?

Just throwing it out there.... like I said, frankly I'm not familiar with your threads.

morphius
Well which is it, you were being sarcastic or serious? Whatever man you can't even stay with the same excuse I guess.
What excuse? I wasn't making an excuse, I told you were the post was as soon as someone brought it up I mentioned it. But hey, if me admitting to doing it, telling you outright that it would last about a week, and point you to the post on the LAST page (not buried) of your own thread, and with a link to the last post is being sneaky...

well damn, with that kind of sneaky I can't imagine that the CIA isn't contacting me now to be a super spy.

JBucc
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Just ban him. Wutamess too.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
ROFL He must be trying to make sure you hang around.
Ahhhh! But therein lies the rub... what if I stop coming because 10,000 is unattainable?

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Ummm.... Cliff's Notes?

I said tha thte last ice storm was overhyped cause in Olathe, and out south all the roads were fine but all the schools were closed.

Then after getting shit for starting that (another) thread, I the next morning added to the same thread saying how the weather was worse that day and the schools were open. Only to be given shit for adding to a thread.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I said tha thte last ice storm was overhyped cause in Olathe, and out south all the roads were fine but all the schools were closed.

Then after getting shit for starting that (another) thread, I the next morning added to the same thread saying how the weather was worse that day and the schools were open. Only to be given shit for adding to a thread.
I guess I need to read the whole thing to get the joke.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:53 AM
What excuse? I wasn't making an excuse, I told you were the post was as soon as someone brought it up I mentioned it. But hey, if me admitting to doing it, telling you outright that it would last about a week, and point you to the post on the LAST page (not buried) of your own thread, and with a link to the last post is being sneaky...

well damn, with that kind of sneaky I can't imagine that the CIA isn't contacting me now to be a super spy.

Dude you posted in a thread that was 17 pages long. You never said you were going to do anything. Then you said you were being sarcastic but not really.

So WTF? Just next time send me a PM or something saying what you did and why and for how long and such. Act like a mod and not like one of these other peeps please.

Skip Towne
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
This thread won't be complete until Donger gets here. He speaks Pete's language.

HemiEd
01-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Ahhhh! But therein lies the rub... what if I stop coming because 10,000 is unattainable?

Well, we all know you hit 10k! Congrats and welcome back. :)

HemiEd
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
How? Because I would like to know why something go yanked, how long for, stuff like that?

Yes childish of me I know. :shake:

By acknowledging it and whining about it.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Just ban him. Wutamess too.

:stupid: :bravo:

Sully
01-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Someone gave me great advice long ago...
If you don't like something ignore it.

For instance, if you don't like a thread or a poster, ignore him.

Another example could be, if you don't like the way a message borad is run...ignore it.

But that's just some crazy self thinking there.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
By acknowledging it and whining about it.

What did I aknowledge and therefore whine about?

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM

I guess I'm not crazy anymore...

:sulk:

Skip Towne
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM

Another example could be, if you don't like the way a message borad is run...ignore it.

That isn't self thinking if you got it from someone else.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM

So what you're saying is you can't ignore me but I should ignore you? :hmmm:

Sully
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Ignore me?

Who asked you to ignore me?

wutamess
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM

What's the point?

seclark
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
no.
he's saying shut the f@ck up, or leave.
thanks in advance,
sec

petegz28
Ignore me?

Who asked you to ignore me?

I meant you figuratively as in the board.

Sully
That isn't self thinking if you got it from someone else.
Technically, you may be right.

but the self thinking brought me about to understanding of the point, as well as integration into my belief system.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:05 AM
no.
he's saying shut the f@ck up, or leave.
thanks in advance,
sec

Oh the irony

Sully
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
I meant you figuratively as in the board.
All I'm basically saying is this...
The mods are teh way they are. This isn't a nation with laws and a constitution... it's a damn website. If you don't like the way they do things, move on. It's pretty much a capitalistic type of theory...

If the good outeighs the bad, use the site, if otherwise...don't.

Or... keep crying. For me, it's fun to read.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
All I'm basically saying is this...
The mods are teh way they are. This isn't a nation with laws and a constitution... it's a damn website. If you don't like the way they do things, move on. It's pretty much a capitalistic type of theory...

If the good outeighs the bad, use the site, if otherwise...don't.

Or... keep crying. For me, it's fun to read.
Good self thinking there....

Wait....

Good second-hand self-thinking there.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 10:11 AM

How about this;

I'm not going to ignore you, (in fact - I'm going to give you attention because it's fun to watch you implode) and you're not going to ignore me. I'm fine with this, you say what you want, and I'll say what I want and if you don't like what I say, then start a bunch of threads during your rant and we can all talk in circles until we all fall down....

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Actually it is the same small group of people see.
Just because a there is minority of people that are vocal about what a dipshit you are, doesn't mean that the majority think otherwise.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 10:12 AM

Sully,
That has to be the dumbest piece of advice I've seen to date on the CP.
I can understand some of it and maybe I'm taking it to the extreme.

I can understand ignoring 1 poster or so, but the entire board?

If everyone incorporated that way of thinking into their life, our morale code would cease to exist.

~ That was just too dumb of a statement to entertain.

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Just because a there is minority of people that are vocal about what a dipshit you are, doesn't mean that the majority think otherwise.

Now, now....come on, Bob. Dat dust might hutt his wittle feelins. :shake:

He might do something desperate, and start a "I'm leaving forever" thread that he will later regret....

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:17 AM
How about this;

I'm not going to ignore you, (in fact - I'm going to give you attention because it's fun to watch you implode) and you're not going to ignore me. I'm fine with this, you say what you want, and I'll say what I want and if you don't like what I say, then start a bunch of threads during your rant and we can all talk in circles until we all fall down....

Ok but can you please do something besides repeat the whole "this thread is stupid" or "aother stupid thread"?

I am all about slinging shit in fun and competition. But some people seem to just have a borderline stalker mentality.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Not really, wutamess.

I went to Pigskin Park . . . didn't like the way it was run, didn't care for some of the posters, so I left.

It was that easy. Some people liked it, but it wasn't for me. So I found a place I enjoyed.

Life's too short to spend it around people I don't like or doing something I don't like. If I'm not enjoying myself, I go elsewhere.

No one is forcing anyone to be on Chiefs Planet. If Peter or someone else doesn't like the way CP is run, then there are other Chiefs BBs for them to try.

Just my .02.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Now, now....come on, Bob. Dat dust might hutt his wittle feelins. :shake:

He might do something desperate, and start a "I'm leaving forever" thread that he will later regret....
Thank God I didn't say "forever". That's the key.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Not really, wutamess.

I went to Pigskin Park . . . didn't like the way it was run, didn't care for some of the posters, so I left.

It was that easy. Some people liked it, but it wasn't for me. So I found a place I enjoyed.

Life's too short to spend it around people I don't like or doing something I don't like. If I'm not enjoying myself, I go elsewhere.

No one is forcing anyone to be on Chiefs Planet. If Peter or someone else doesn't like the way CP is run, then there are other Chiefs BBs for them to try.

Just my .02.

Do you see me griping about being restricted? No. Was I griping that it happened and the Mod didn't tell me anything at all about it? Yea that is rather crappy.

Contrary to popular belief there are several here I have most excellent discussion and banters with and I would like to keep that, especially for baseball season.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Not really, wutamess.

Just my .02.

Makes sense... But I & others were here long before even some of the mods. So there's a sense of loyalty branding to the board. I can understand if it was a new board to you or someone else.

I enjoy it here. I care. I want my opinion heard /voiced on this OPEN/LIBERAL board.

Now if this changed to where it got to be non-entertaining then I wouldn't frequent as much. But it hasn't.

What's fair is fair.
~It's the libra in me.

Sfeihc
01-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Speaking of baseball season.....5 weeks until pitchers and catchers.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Speaking of baseball season.....5 weeks until pitchers and catchers.

I am going down to watch them the first week of March.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Baseball threads should be viewed as suspect. There should be a Baseball Planet where all 12 of the last remaining Royals fans can gatjer in lighthearted banter.

Cochise
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I think this was a great decision, there's no need to start more and more threads on subjects we already have threads on. And most of his were just pot stirring/provokation type threads anyway.

Truthfully I wish they would be quicker to take the ability to make threads away from some people

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I think this was a great decision, there's no need to start more and more threads on subjects we already have threads on. And most of his were just pot stirring/provokation type threads anyway.

Truthfully I wish they would be quicker to take the ability to make threads away from some people

Hmm yes cause you can't ignore those extra threads heh? Something is you feels you need to post several pages worth of you callign them stupid.

Your post count I bet would not be 2/3 of what it was if you took aways your posts calling evryone else's threads BS.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Makes sense... But I & others were here long before even some of the mods. So there's a sense of loyalty branding to the board. I can understand if it was a new board to you or someone else.

I enjoy it here. I care. I want my opinion heard /voiced on this OPEN/LIBERAL board.

Now if this changed to where it got to be non-entertaining then I wouldn't frequent as much. But it hasn't.

What's fair is fair.
~It's the libra in me.

Can't say I disagree with you. We both joined this board during the "Great Star BB Exodus" and while I've dabbled with other Chiefs (and non-Chiefs) BBs over the years, I hang around here because of the posters I enjoy visiting with . . .even if I don't post a tenth of what some of the others do.

I care about this place, but when stuff gets too stupid or the conversations get too heated, I take a break of a day or two and by then there've been two- to three-hundred new threads started and life goes on. Plus, with splitting the political stuff off into DC and the advent of CPIggy, life has been relatively calm for me.

I want people to be heard also, but after the great Goatse - Let's post a gazillion threads in one day - fiasco, I can understand the mods taking threats to spam the boards seriously. Hell, that was one of the things that got the Goat Boy banned (until it just became too much work to keep rebanning him). And, he deserved to be banned then. Nowdays, he doesn't do anything ban worthy, so I hear.

Still, I imagine if Pete had PM'd one of the mods, a lot of this could have been resolved without all the drama and the peanut gallery contributing to a perceived dogpile.

Two things I learned in the Army. Always resolve issues at the lowest possible level (Never get the CO involved if the platoon sergeant can help) and <b>NEVER</b> call out a senior ranking NCO in public if you haven't discussed it privately first (even if you're right and he's wrong . . . you're wrong). I think both could apply to this situation.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Ok but can you please do something besides repeat the whole "this thread is stupid" or "aother stupid thread"?

I am all about slinging shit in fun and competition. But some people seem to just have a borderline stalker mentality.

this post is stoopid....

Sully
01-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Sully,
That has to be the dumbest piece of advice I've seen to date on the CP.
I can understand some of it and maybe I'm taking it to the extreme.

I can understand ignoring 1 poster or so, but the entire board?

If everyone incorporated that way of thinking into their life, our morale code would cease to exist.

~ That was just too dumb of a statement to entertain.
I don't think you must've seen the joke of a thread this post was based off of. Pete posted a thread (which has been linked here) talking about how, if you don't like his horrible threads, then ignore him. I actually like the advice.

However, my advice to him is this... if you don't like how the Mods run things, ignore this site (by not coming to it).

I don't know what moral code we are living by on a bulletin board on the internet. This isn't a matter of someone being shut out of a job... I think we are being a little too dramatic, here. I certainly don't know what's dumb about suggesting a guy who is unhappy with the leaders of a website stop frequenting said site.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't think you must've seen the joke of a thread this post was based off of. Pete posted a thread (which has been linked here) talking about how, if you don't like his horrible threads, then ignore him. I actually like the advice.

However, my advice to him is this... if you don't like how the Mods run things, ignore this site (by not coming to it).

I don't know what moral code we are living by on a bulletin board on the internet. This isn't a matter of someone being shut out of a job... I think we are being a little too dramatic, here. I certainly don't know what's dumb about suggesting a guy who is unhappy with the leaders of a website stop frequenting said site.

Maybe I do like coming here. Maybe I just don't agree with how one situation was handled?

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Maybe I do like coming here. Maybe I just don't agree with how one situation was handled?
If it's a situation of disagreeing with this one issue, then maybe you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sully
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Great...
And I hope you continue to whine about it, because your meltdowns entertain me.
I'm just saying... if it's THAT bad, then you have the option to leave.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
If it's a situation of disagreeing with this one issue, then maybe you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

No way. Its a mountain.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM

I didn't even make the thread OBVIOUSLY but whatever guy. You are right I am wrong, you are tall I am short, you are handome I am ugly..... :rolleyes:

dirk digler
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
This wouldn't be Chiefplanet without one someone melting down over something stupid.

petegz28 = the new Hootie

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Great...
And I hope you continue to whine about it, because your meltdowns entertain me.
I'm just saying... if it's THAT bad, then you have the option to leave.

who is saying it is THAT bad? Where are you people getting this from? Wutamess started a thread, I agreed and now everyone is all over the place.

The only thing that is bad is the same 5 people that no matter what I say, post or whatever will say the same shit over and over for 15+ pages.

I ignore half of them and have asked the same if that is all they are going to do. Whether they do or not is rather irrelevant but what is wrong with me asking that?

Phobia
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
There are a select few people who feel what they have to say is worthy of a new thread rather than contributing to an existing thread. Those people should have their thread creation privileges revoked until they learn how to contribute to the BB rather than making it their own. It's incredibly inconsiderate to other people.

Honestly, it's just like walking into a conversation about a topic and then interrupting the individual who started the conversation and shouting down everybody.

I'm all for revocation of thread creation ability for these types of people. Force them to be more considerate if they can't learn it on their own.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:11 AM
There are a select few people who feel what they have to say is worthy of a new thread rather than contributing to an existing thread. Those people should have their thread creation privileges revoked until they learn how to contribute to the BB rather than making it their own. It's incredibly inconsiderate to other people.

Honestly, it's just like walking into a conversation about a topic and then interrupting the individual who started the conversation and shouting down everybody.

I'm all for revocation of thread creation ability for these types of people. Force them to be more considerate if they can't learn it on their own.

Aren't you just a bag of joy? Just a question how is starting threads with different takes on the same topic rude? Are you forced to read those threads? Are you upset that somehow a specific different take might be discussed that would otherwise get lost in a bunch of useless ranting in let's say a game thread?

Seriosuly what is it about this that makes some of you cringe so bad?

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 11:13 AM
popcorn at the ready.....

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Aren't you just a bag of joy? Just a question how is starting threads with different takes on the same topic rude? Are you forced to read those threads? Are you upset that somehow a specific different take might be discussed that would otherwise get lost in a bunch of useless ranting in let's say a game thread?

If you have a different take on a thread that's already been posted, then post it in the ALREADY EXISTING thread.

It's that simple, man.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 11:15 AM

A game thread is another story. A game thread is a collection of comments by people. There is rarely discussion within a game thread - which is why I don't participate in them.

Your actions are deliberately rude. You get off on being obnoxious - which is fine if you actually contributed to the board otherwise. But you're mostly about pushing buttons. Maybe if you were able to participate in civil discourse half the time and obnoxia the other half you'd be more accepted within the community.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
If you have a different take on a thread that's already been posted, then post it in the ALREADY EXISTING thread.

It's that simple, man.

No it isn't. Cause half the time shit gets so bogged now with off-topic stuff after a few pages it is insane.

And it's that simple not to post in my thread if you don't like it.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:18 AM
A game thread is another story. A game thread is a collection of comments by people. There is rarely discussion within a game thread - which is why I don't participate in them.

Your actions are deliberately rude. You get off on being obnoxious - which is fine if you actually contributed to the board otherwise. But you're mostly about pushing buttons. Maybe if you were able to participate in civil discourse half the time and obnoxia the other half you'd be more accepted within the community.

I contribute to the board otherwise plenty. Maybe you choose to or have otherwise not been a part of the discussion.

I guess me giving KU props the other night was starting shit huh?

I guess me talking about a signing or some take on how the Chiefs might try to be like the Ravens and such are not fit for discussion either?

Have I shit talked to KU lately? Sure. Big deal that is part of sports.

But you act like that is all I do. That's your problem guy not mine.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 11:20 AM
No it isn't. Cause half the time shit gets so bogged now with off-topic stuff after a few pages it is insane.

And it's that simple not to post in my thread if you don't like it.
You make me tired.

Robert Heinlein once said, "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Phobia
01-08-2008, 11:20 AM

I don't think people would be bitching if you posted a new thread about a subject that had moved off-course or if you tried to bring a thread back on topic and failed. But you don't even try. You're pretty transparently trying to annoy people and you do a really good job of it. Now that your toy has been taken away.... the roles have been reversed and you're annoyed. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe if you were able to participate in civil discourse half the time and obnoxia the other half you'd be more accepted within the community.

See Mr. Goatse / Gochiefs / goatboy etc. Even though his layout is more 30% discourse and 70% obnoxia

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
I don't think people would be bitching if you posted a new thread about a subject that had moved off-course or if you tried to bring a thread back on topic and failed. But you don't even try. You're pretty transparently trying to annoy people and you do a really good job of it. Now that your toy has been taken away.... the roles have been reversed and you're annoyed. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

Ok well if that's what you think then be my guest. What is annoying is people like you who claim to be above this shit yet can't refrain from going into a post you don't liek with the sole intention of annoyoing someone.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I contribute to the board otherwise plenty. Maybe you choose to or have otherwise not been a part of the discussion.

I guess me giving KU props the other night was starting shit huh?

I guess me talking about a signing or some take on how the Chiefs might try to be like the Ravens and such are not fit for discussion either?

Have I shit talked to KU lately? Sure. Big deal that is part of sports.

But you act like that is all I do. That's your problem guy not mine.
I haven't seen it lately. In fact, I rarely see you contributing to threads you didn't start. You're one of the "look at me" crowd.

It's not my problem, it's the community's problem. Anytime I perceive a problem within the community I'll speak up - as I always have.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok well if that's what you think then be my guest. What is annoying is people like you who claim to be above this shit yet can't refrain from going into a post you don't liek with the sole intention of annoyoing someone.

seriously, shut up....

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I haven't seen it lately. In fact, I rarely see you contributing to threads you didn't start. You're one of the "look at me" crowd.

It's not my problem, it's the community's problem. Anytime I perceive a problem within the community I'll speak up - as I always have.

Ok Officer Phobia. Heil Phobia the Thread Nazi!

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
seriously, shut up....
QFT

Phobia
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM

It's not just my opinion. That's how many people feel about the matter. I've tried to confront you on the issue civilly, with sarcasm, and then by being a little crappy about it. None of those approaches had any impact so forgive me if I don't feel sorry for you now that a mod has taken administrative action.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
QFT

How many posts have you made in this thread?

ROFL and you have the nerve to tell someone else to STFU ?

ROFL

OOOOKKKKK

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 11:30 AM

All hail Phobia the Thread Nazi
and all heil pete the Literacy Nazi
may they both live long within ChiefsPlanet Lore....

seig heil, seig heil shizer hund

ChiefsGirl

petegz28, the Village Idiot.

petegz28
It's not just my opinion. That's how many people feel about the matter. I've tried to confront you on the issue civilly, with sarcasm, and then by being a little crappy about it. None of those approaches had any impact so forgive me if I don't feel sorry for you now that a mod has taken administrative action.

I don't think you ever did so to state you don't now is rather hollow.

Obviosuly it does impact you cause you feel such a need to opine on the matter.

Mr. Kotter

It took Phil a couple of weeks to teach me that, too. Heh.

--Signed, Grasshopper

FAX
What, exactly, started all this, Mr. petegz28? I mean, I saw the "ignore me" thread, your threat to start tons more similar threads, and Mr. morphius' response. But, what prompted the "ignore me" thread in the first place? Aside from having your thread starting privileges revoked, what is your main complaint, exactly?

FAX

Phobia
01-08-2008, 11:31 AM

That's not accurate. This site mostly polices itself. If you're doing something that doesn't fit in with the culture you'll be ostracized until you follow common procedure. Ask Coffey about that.

FAX
01-08-2008, 11:33 AM

You have no idea.

FAX

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:33 AM
What, exactly, started all this, Mr. petegz28? I mean, I saw the "ignore me" thread, your threat to start tons more similar threads, and Mr. morphius' response. But, what prompted the "ignore me" thread in the first place? Aside from having your thread starting privileges revoked, what is your main complaint, exactly?

FAX

No matter what thread I create the same small group of people choose to do nothing other than repeat the same thing over and over in any thread I make regardless of topic.

So I simply created that thread directed at them and said put me on ignore. That is what started it more or less in a nutshell.

Somehow I am in the wrong for requesting those who say the same thing in every post in every thread to just ignore me.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
That's not accurate. This site mostly polices itself. If you're doing something that doesn't fit in with the culture you'll be ostracized until you follow common procedure. Ask Coffey about that.

http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/453580003

I still claim it was slighted and call for the records to be expunged...

FAX
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
No matter what thread I create the same small group of people choose to do nothing other than repeat the same thing over and over in any thread I make regardless of topic.

So I simply created that thread directed at them and said put me on ignore. That is what started it more or less in a nutshell.

Somehow I am in the wrong for requesting those who same the same thing in every post in every thread to just ignore me.

Simmah now, just a little. Your typing is a tad out of control. What thread are you referring to? Do you have a link? Who are these people?

FAX

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM

I am calling such BS on you Phil. Rarely have I ever bumepd my own threads for the sake of bumping my thread. I respond sure.

But it is people like you and Cochise and Beavis and Skip Fag and Kotter who keep my threads at the top of the front page with 15 pages full of posts repeating everything over and over that you have already repeated in any other post I made.

So don't blame me for yours and others' action of not letting it just fall away.

This is what I mean. You all gripe about me creating threads yet everyone of you ****ers has multiple posts in just about every one of them.

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Is this f**k stick still trying to claim he isn't a s**t bag?

Cochise
01-08-2008, 11:52 AM

I would question that he contributes anything at all.

Reminiscent of that burn@stake guy

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Is this f**k stick still trying to claim he isn't a s**t bag?

Really man, you should try getting a life.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I would question that he contributes anything at all.

Reminiscent of that burn@stake guy

That would go double for you. I have a bunch of your worthless posts in what you call my stupid threads to prove it. ROFL

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 11:55 AM
This thread stands as a monument to the tolerance of the mods.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I am calling such BS on you Phil. Rarely have I ever bumepd my own threads for the sake of bumping my thread. I respond sure.

But it is people like you and Cochise and Beavis and Skip Fag and Kotter who keep my threads at the top of the front page with 15 pages full of posts repeating everything over and over that you have already repeated in any other post I made.

So don't blame me for yours and others' action of not letting it just fall away.

This is what I mean. You all gripe about me creating threads yet everyone of you ****ers has multiple posts in just about every one of them.

16% of your posts are new threads whereas less than 1% of mine are new threads.

You walk into a room screaming PLEASE IGNORE ME YOU STUPID IDIOTS and see how many people actually manage to ignore while you continue screaming and ranting.

Mr. Plow
01-08-2008, 11:57 AM

You've never been to Olathe...have you? Sunny & 75.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 11:58 AM

quoted so Simplex can read it....

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 11:59 AM
quoted so Simplex can read it....
I use CPIggy, it blocks quoted text from users that suck, too.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:01 PM
16% of your posts are new threads whereas less than 1% of mine are new threads.

You walk into a room screaming PLEASE IGNORE ME YOU STUPID IDIOTS and see how many people actually manage to ignore while you continue screaming and ranting.

So you are mad then cause I start more threads than you Phil is that it?

Kind of hard to start threads when all you do it bitch about people starting threads though heh?

Keep making up more excuses as to why you post in my threads Phil. Whatever it is you need to tell yourself that it is not really our own fault.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I use CPIggy, it blocks quoted text from users that suck, too.

dammit foiled again! :cuss:

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Wow. That was the dumbest post you've ever made, Pete. You're really reaching now.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow. That was the dumbest post you've ever made, Pete. You're really reaching now.

If you say so Phil. I am not the one being so anal as to keep track of what % of someones posts are threads or not.

That is just a little too much for me man.

I didn't realize how anal some of you really are I guess. My bad.

wutamess
01-08-2008, 12:13 PM
I think I'm going to actually take Sully's advice today.
You guys are making my head hurt.

Who's the better poster?
Come on now.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 12:14 PM

Thats the problem with no establish rating system.

I'm trying to see Pete as an apprentice carpenter. Be such fun to watch that process.

"I told you I needed that cut on a 45 68 inches long on the long side."

"So"

"Its not a 45. And the boards to long"

"No it isnt."

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 12:16 PM
If you say so Phil. I am not the one being so anal as to keep track of what % of someones posts are threads or not.

it's under your profile, the server keeps track, man you really are teh and idiot today aren't you.....

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:17 PM

You really think I keep track? Come on. I like to base my opinions on facts. My contention is that you start a lot of unnecessary threads. I checked to make sure the FACTS backed up my opinion.

For the record, my 16% figure was wrong. You're more like 8% - which is still quite a lot for a community like this.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I think I'm going to actually take Sully's advice today.
You guys are making my head hurt.

Who's the better poster?
Come on now.
I don't know who you're referring to but I've never staked that claim. I think I'm certainly a more courteous poster.

Mr. Plow
01-08-2008, 12:19 PM
dammit foiled again! :cuss:

Let's see if there's away around that CPiggy......

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
You really think I keep track? Come on. I like to base my opinions on facts. My contention is that you start a lot of unnecessary threads. I checked to make sure the FACTS backed up my opinion.

For the record, my 16% figure was wrong. You're more like 8% - which is still quite a lot for a community like this.

Ok so you think they are not necessary. So ignore it and go on. I didn't know there was grading curve I had to conform too.

As I said it takes people like you and others that hate my threads so much to keep them at the top.

So blame yourself and others if you see a post at the top of the page you don't like. Unless that person is bumping their own post for the sake of bumping. I don't do that. It takes a "community effort" to keep my threads aloft! ROFL

ChiefsGirl
01-08-2008, 12:22 PM

It was probably right until his 500 worthless posts in the thread.

Cochise
01-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Will anybody go on record saying that they actually like this guy? Think he's valuable to the community here?

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok so you think they are not necessary. So ignore it and go on. I didn't know there was grading curve I had to conform too.

As I said it takes people like you and others that hate my threads so much to keep them at the top.

So blame yourself and others if you see a post at the top of the page you don't like. Unless that person is bumping their own post for the sake of bumping. I don't do that. It takes a "community effort" to keep my threads aloft! ROFL

IGNORE ME!!! Please ignore me!!! I don't love the attention!!! IGNORE ME!!!

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:24 PM
It was probably right until his 500 worthless posts in the thread.

And yours too! :)

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2008, 12:25 PM

QFT.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:26 PM
IGNORE ME!!! Please ignore me!!! I don't love the attention!!! IGNORE ME!!!

Obviously you can't refrain from giving me the attention I crave heh?

You really should learn to take responsibility for your own actions Phil. I am not making you give me the attention you think I crave.

Yet you do give me attention. :hmmm:

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:26 PM
QFT.

Fine you want me to leave the Planet?

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Will anybody go on record saying that they actually like this guy? Think he's valuable to the community here?

Heh.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I like him fine. I just think he's an inconsiderate contributor. It's a shame because he has so much potential if he'd just get over himself for a moment and slightly change his posting habits. TRY posting in other threads rather than starting new ones. It's not hard.

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2008, 12:28 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I like him fine. I just think he's an inconsiderate contributor. It's a shame because he has so much potential if he'd just get over himself for a moment and slightly change his posting habits. TRY posting in other threads rather than starting new ones. It's not hard.

So becaus eI don't act the way you think I should I am bad? I see.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 12:29 PM

In some ways he brings me back to my childhood. He reminds me on so many levels of a pet coon we had.

The coon loved attention and when we were outside he would go nuts in his cage. We would turn him loose and he would follow us all over. And if we had a sick and a string we could tie something to, he wood chase it all over and never give up. He would never actually get the object but was dedicated to running after it and loved the attention he would get.

Like Pete, he had no shame that his behavior never really accomplished anything. He just loved doing it.

The difference is the coon matured, grew up, and saw the folly in such antics.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
In some ways he brings me back to my childhood. He reminds me on so many levels of a pet coon we had.

The coon loved attention and when we were outside he would go nuts in his cage. We would turn him loose and he would follow us all over. And if we had a sick and a string we could tie something to, he wood chase it all over and never give up. He would never actually get the object but was dedicated to running after it and loved the attention he would get.

Like Pete, he had no shame that his behavior never really accomplished anything. He just loved doing it.

The difference is the coon matured, grew up, and saw the folly in such antics.

That was a display of the utmost maturity.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I will ask you again, do you want me to leave the planet?

Skip Towne
01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
it's under your profile, the server keeps track, man you really are teh and idiot today aren't you.....
What do you mean today?

Mr. Kotter

Do you honestly think most will care one way or the other, whether you, I or anyone else leaves??? Most, I mean? :shrug:

The motto of this place could be: "eh, do what you want." It's one of the entertaining parts of this place. But being called on "doing what you want" is also part of the culture here.

Phobia
Obviously you can't refrain from giving me the attention I crave heh?

You really should learn to take responsibility for your own actions Phil. I am not making you give me the attention you think I crave.

Yet you do give me attention. :hmmm:

I'm always looking for ways to improve the board experience for the community overall, even though I no longer have any official responsibilities to this place. I don't hastily give up on people, I try to show them the error of their ways. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm not saying you're an idiot and a bad person. You just need a slight tweak to your posting habits.

Fire Me Boy!
You're kinda like a woman, aren't you?

Phil says one thing... "I like him just fine...."

You hear something completely different.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
You're kinda like a woman, aren't you?

Phil says one thing... "I like him just fine...."

You hear something completely different.

That question was not to Phil. Please pay attention before you try and slam on me some more.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM

Would you acknowledge that I have some experience in the dynamics of a productive internet community? I might even be what some might deem an expert on the topic? Can you acknowledge that much?

I don't pretend to have all the answers but I have 15 years experience in observing what works and what does not on internet discussion forums. Let me help you help yourself.

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Would you acknowledge that I have some experience in the dynamics of a productive internet community? I might even be what some might deem an expert on the topic? Can you acknowledge that much?

I don't pretend to have all the answers but I have 15 years experience in observing what works and what does not on internet discussion forums. Let me help you help yourself.
Can I just kill him instead?

petegz28
I'm always looking for ways to improve the board experience for the community overall, even though I no longer have any official responsibilities to this place. I don't hastily give up on people, I try to show them the error of their ways. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm not saying you're an idiot and a bad person. You just need a slight tweak to your posting habits.

You know Phil, I started a thread the other night called KU Dominating. It fell off the front page with few posts really.

Now why was that? Either there was another thread people were talking about or they were not interested for whatever reason.

Now on the other hand when people choose to just pile on with how stupid they think a thread is what happens? It stays in the spot you seem to not like it to be in.

So what criteria am I supposed to follow of yours to create a thread since obviously the easy answer of ignoring the thread isn't going to fly with you? And I am being serious.

Phobia
That question was not to Phil. Please pay attention before you try and slam on me some more.

Ironic.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4516225&postcount=177

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Can I just kill him instead?

When would you like the opportunity to be taken up on that offer?

If you are going to threaten to kill me just name the time and place where you would like me to be?

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
You know Phil, I started a thread the other night called KU Dominating. It fell off the front page with few posts really.

Now why was that? Either there was another thread people were talking about or they were not interested for whatever reason.

Now on the other hand when people choose to just pile on with how stupid they think a thread is what happens? It stays in the spot you seem to not like it to be in.

So what criteria am I supposed to follow of yours to create a thread since obviously the easy answer of ignoring the thread isn't going to fly with you? And I am being serious.

I'm not a KU fan so I don't know. Were there other KU threads on the board at the time? Was it the night of their bowl game? I don't know how to answer your question in this response because I don't think I was around to observe. I can only comment on those threads I've seen and I believe you know where I stand on those.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Ironic.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4516225&postcount=177

for the second time the question was not directed at you. BOTH times it was directed at Warpath. Come on Phil.

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
for the second time the question was not directed at you. BOTH times it was directed at Warpath. Come on Phil.

More irony. Just click the link in my response before you look even more stupid, Pete.

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2008, 12:44 PM

Nope.

I'd rather you open your eyes.

You start a thread titled "It's called ignore" in which you rant like a little attention whore that if people don't like your threads, tough shit, ignore them. Then you go on to say that you're going to continue to start even more threads solely for your entertainment to piss people off.

YOU put the bulls-eye on you back. Not any of us.

Follow your own advice. This is ChiefsPlanet. The mods have every right to keep you in check for the greater good. You think this is exclusive to you?

If you don't like it, ignore it, or move the **** on.

But if you honestly think your getting anything accomplished this way, by all means, continue, and see where it gets you.

I guess if it were me, and my thread creation ability was taken from me, I'd probably realize that someone is trying to send me a message, and I'd quit spamming the board.

But that's just me.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm not a KU fan so I don't know. Were there other KU threads on the board at the time? Was it the night of their bowl game? I don't know how to answer your question in this response because I don't think I was around to observe. I can only comment on those threads I've seen and I believe you know where I stand on those.

Well perhaps you should then before you go off on these tangents heh? And you have just proven my point.

Why haven't you seen those Phil? Cause either they dropped off casue they were ignored, you didn't care, or and I would not think this of you but, it was not a chance for you to slam on me?

Either way man you just give me Phil's Guide To Posting On The Planet then. PM it to me is fine thanks.

Bearcat
01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
You guys can argue whether or not he's an attention whore until the end of time, but it's obvious he doesn't care. You can also argue about the logic surrounding why people would post in circles all day, between 'you're an idiot' and 'ignore me!'.

Regardless of whether or not he contributes to the board any more than the poop threads, when it comes down to it, IMO, the ones feeding the trollish behavior are the ones with the problem. The 'ignore me' thread went on for a few hundred posts and like 6 hours, and this one will spend the rest of the day near the top of page one. There's 190 posts in this thread, and it's the other 140 that's the problem.

You're all tools. ;)

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Nope.

I'd rather you open your eyes.

You start a thread titled "It's called ignore" in which you rant like a little attention whore that if people don't like your threads, tough shit, ignore them. Then you go on to say that you're going to continue to start even more threads solely for your entertainment to piss people off.

YOU put the bulls-eye on you back. Not any of us.

Follow your own advice. This is ChiefsPlanet. The mods have every right to keep you in check for the greater good. You think this is exclusive to you?

If you don't like it, ignore it, or move the **** on.

But if you honestly think your getting anything accomplished this way, by all means, continue, and see where it gets you.

I guess if it were me, and my thread creation ability was taken from me, I'd probably realize that someone is trying to send me a message, and I'd quit spamming the board.

But that's just me.

Yeah it shows me that as I get called an attention whore and you all can't stay away from said attention whore.

I mean if we are going to put it on that level.

That was kind of the point of the whole Ignore thread fi you would read it. It was to show that people would rather go on telling you how stupid and idiotic you are than simpley ignore the stupid and idiotic.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
You guys can argue whether or not he's an attention whore until the end of time, but it's obvious he doesn't care. You can also argue about the logic surrounding why people would post in circles all day, between 'you're an idiot' and 'ignore me!'.

Regardless of whether or not he contributes to the board any more than the poop threads, when it comes down to it, IMO, the ones feeding the trollish behavior are the ones with the problem. The 'ignore me' thread went on for a few hundred posts and like 6 hours, and this one will spend the rest of the day near the top of page one. There's 190 posts in this thread, and it's the other 140 that's the problem.

You're all tools. ;)

Really I owe it all to my groupies!!! I can't do it without them. ROFL

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
How long until Petey breaks out the "I know you are, so what am I" and "I'm rubber and you're glue" strategies?

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM

Why do you feel the need to start your own thread topic when someone else started the same exact thread topic before you?

Pete, Phil kindly asked you to refrain from creating your own threads when other threads with the same exact topic were already in existence. Plain and simple. Contribute to the existing thread. Don't start your own.

If a majority of people "act the way you think I should I am bad?" with regards to thread starting, there would be splintered discussions and not a community discussion. Can't you see that?

Generally, I refrain from posting in your threads because all you do is complain about the Royals, complain about the Chiefs, complain, complain, complain and bitch, bitch, bitch. You rarely add any insight or provide a different perspective. It's just bitch, complain, bitch, complain. Rinse and repeat.

Come to think of it, THAT'S probably why you start your own threads when others exist: To make EVERYONE aware that you're unhappy.

Good luck with that.

OnTheWarpath58
Yeah it shows me that as I get called an attention whore and you all can't stay away from said attention whore.

I mean if we are going to put it on that level.

That was kind of the point of the whole Ignore thread fi you would read it. It was to show that people would rather go on telling you how stupid and idiotic you are than simpley ignore the stupid and idiotic.

There are just over 9,000 members of this community.

A ridiculously low percentage of those members tend to "follow you around."

And after the other night, the majority of that group realized it's a waste of time to argue with you.

You keep overlooking what has already been said.

You're inconsiderate. Period.

This place isn't about starting threads and saying "hey look at me!"

Regardless of whether people ignore your spam or not, it's still clutter. It's pushing threads off off the front page for no other reason that to be an attention whore and get under people's skin.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you're the victim in all of this, when you all but put out a big neon sign saying you were going to go out of your way to be an asshole.

YOU brought this on YOURSELF.

petegz28
How long until Petey breaks out the "I know you are, so what am I" and "I'm rubber and you're glue" strategies?

You left out dipshit and whatever names you like to spout off. :shake:

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Seems to me you quoted Phil, so it's easy to surmise that you were asking Phil.

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
You left out dipshit and whatever names you like to spout off. :shake:
That's a given.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
There are just over 9,000 members of this community.

A ridiculously low percentage of those members tend to "follow you around."

And after the other night, the majority of that group realized it's a waste of time to argue with you.

You keep overlooking what has already been said.

You're inconsiderate. Period.

This place isn't about starting threads and saying "hey look at me!"

Regardless of whether people ignore your spam or not, it's still clutter. It's pushing threads off off the front page for no other reason that to be an attention whore and get under people's skin.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you're the victim in all of this, when you all but put out a big neon sign saying you were going to go out of your way to be an asshole.

YOU brought this on YOURSELF.

So instead of ignoring them you post in them telling me what an attention whore i am and thereyby keep it at the top of the front page.

And that is my fault? OOOOKKKKKK

I am not claiming to be a victim. I am showing how you people can't ignore someone you claim not to like or whatever so much.

If you don't like my threads ignore them and go away. If you don't like me ignore me. If you want me gone say so.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Seems to me you quoted Phil, so it's easy to surmise that you were asking Phil.

Well I believe I quoted Warpath and if I didn't that was my intention. So my bad if I errd.

OnTheWarpath58
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
So instead of ignoring them you post in them telling me what an attention whore i am and thereyby keep it at the top of the front page.

And that is my fault? OOOOKKKKKK

I am not claiming to be a victim. I am showing how you people can't ignore someone you claim not to like or whatever so much.

If you don't like my threads ignore them and go away. If you don't like me ignore me. If you want me gone say so.

Another reason people don't like you.

You don't READ what other people are saying, you just keep repeating the same shit over and over.

See ya.

Enjoy your lack of thread creating ability.

Phobia
Well, I'm out. I have too much to do this afternoon.

Give it some actual thought, Pete. Rather than taking a defensive position just think about what I've said. I'm really not interested in insulting you. I'd rather you become a strong contributor to the community. You have very strong opinions which are interesting to debate.

I'm not suggesting you can never create another thread but please determine if your thought could fit into an existing thread first. It's a very simple concept, dude.

petegz28
Why do you feel the need to start your own thread topic when someone else started the same exact thread topic before you?

Pete, Phil kindly asked you to refrain from creating your own threads when other threads with the same exact topic were already in existence. Plain and simple. Contribute to the existing thread. Don't start your own.

If a majority of people "act the way you think I should I am bad?" with regards to thread starting, there would be splintered discussions and not a community discussion. Can't you see that?

Generally, I refrain from posting in your threads because all you do is complain about the Royals, complain about the Chiefs, complain, complain, complain and bitch, bitch, bitch. You rarely add any insight or provide a different perspective. It's just bitch, complain, bitch, complain. Rinse and repeat.

Come to think of it, THAT'S probably why you start your own threads when others exist: To make EVERYONE aware that you're unhappy.

Good luck with that.

I rarely start similar topics unless you are talking about the "game threads". I hate those and when you want to talk about something specific you can't do it in a game thread.

So other than that what is your beef? WTF threads do I start?

And please do not even act like I am the only one to ever start a thread that complained about something on this board.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Well I believe I quoted Warpath and if I didn't that was my intention. So my bad if I errd.
Well, you obviously didn't take your own advice about READING when Phil pasted a link to your own post drawing attention to the FACT that you quote him, then asked your question.

We can't read what you MEANT to do, so don't spout off to us when you were in error. This seems to be a common theme with you.

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Heh.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Well, you obviously didn't take your own advice about READING when Phil pasted a link to your own post drawing attention to the FACT that you quote him, then asked your question.

We can't read what you MEANT to do, so don't spout off to us when you were in error. This seems to be a common theme with you.

And you called me a woman? I already said MY BAD!

God damn WTF more do you want me to do?

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 01:06 PM
And you called me a woman? I already said MY BAD!

God damn WTF more do you want me to do?
Basically, I'm just pointing and laughing.

And I called you a woman because what you did (whether in error or not) was quote something someone said and took from it the exact opposite.

Just chuckling.

:D

petegz28
01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Basically, I'm just pointing and laughing.

And I called you a woman because what you did (whether in error or not) was quote something someone said and took from it the exact opposite.

Just chuckling.

:D

Basically gfy at least I admitted I made a mistake.

you gonna neg rep me again now Alice?

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
feed the monkey

wutamess
01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I think I finally get it.

Do you guys see what's happening.
You love to antagonize the antagonist.

It doesn't get old?
Why try to reform someone that doesn't want to be reformed? If you guys would quit wasting your time on him and Pete quit wasting his time on you guys, this thing might just work for the best.

Someone has to be the adult here.

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
What are you looking at me for, dammit?

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 01:11 PM

It doesn't get old?
Why try to reform someone that doesn't want to be reformed? If you guys would quit wasting your time on him and Pete quit wasting his time on you guys, this thing might just work for the best.

I'll argue with a post.

Even if I don't agree with what I'm saying.

Short Leash Hootie
01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I can top this...

Zach took away my thread privileges for posting too many Chiefs related threads on Sundays...

CHIEFS
RELATED
THREADS

that's way more ridiculous than this...especially since...

A) You're king douche bag and
B) You're dumb.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 01:24 PM

It doesn't get old?

Way to go Roger. We were on the way to 250 posts and you had to screw it all up!!!!

:cuss:

FAX
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I'll argue with a post.

Even if I don't agree with what I'm saying.

That's the spirit.

FAX

Mr. Plow
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
That's the spirit.

FAX

Trouble maker.......

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 02:02 PM
That's the spirit.

FAX
No it's not.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM

Hey they took my thread making abilities away for no reason and refuse to return them....

Why? Who knows... Pretty weak if you ask me...

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM
If you want me gone say so.

So...

Jilly
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Have people changed their usernames and I'm not aware of it?

Pissed In Coffey??? is this pete guy someone else?

I'm sorry if I'm late in catching on....been busy

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
So...
Just quoting to make sure he reads it.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
He's lost his ability to post new threads.

Are we abusing mod powers again?
Could you have at least sent him a pm for him to knock off whatever he did?

FTR: I don't follow most of his threads and don't know what goes on.
I just hate the criteria we use for censoring someone especially on a board that's supposed to be so "liberal".

I agree with you. In this instance though, he was being a condesending douche and spamming the board with bullshit. He was warned, he didn't comply. In the end, no matter the spirit of the board, this is not a democracy.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Have people changed their usernames and I'm not aware of it?

Pissed In Coffey??? is this pete guy someone else?

I'm sorry if I'm late in catching on....been busy

You can change your name. Sometimes the mods will do it for you. (without your knowledge ;)) For instance, this is one of the many faces of Mr. Flopnuts.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree with you. In this instance though, he was being a condesending douche and spamming the board with bullshit. He was warned, he didn't comply. In the end, no matter the spirit of the board, this is not a democracy.

How did I not comply?

And how may times did you post in that thread?

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
How did I not comply?

Since you asked...

petegz28 59
PissedInCoffey 21
doomy3 19
go bowe 13
GonzoRox88 10
Donger 10
FAX 9
HonestChieffan 9
chasedude 7
kstater 7
Mr. Kotter 7
bobbything 7
Ari Chi3fs 5
Skip Towne 5
blueballs 4
Iowanian 4
Reerun_KC 4
DaKCMan AP 3
kdog414141 3
CJizzles 3
ChiefsGirl 2
Guru 2
Bob Dole 2
DaFace 2
Howie Feltersnatch 2
Gonzo 2
chagrin 2
Bearcat 2
Simply Red 2
Sully 2
KcMizzou 2
DPchief 2
Sure-Oz 2
SLAG 1
beavis 1
RJ 1
morphius 1
GoBo 1
GOATSE 1
stumppy 1
Halfcan 1
milkman Jr 1
ROYC75 1
Delano 1
OnTheWarpath58 1
kcchiefsfanGoLJ 1

:LOL:

kstater
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Looks like more than the same 5 people showed up for this rabble rouser.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
How did I not comply?

I didn't. I tend to not get involved in senseless bullshit, unless it's for fun. The point is, this isn't a democracy. You don't have to post here, read here, or be here. You choose too. If the mods got sick of you starting stupid threads, they have the right to end your privilige. As far as your complying, I'm only going off of what I have read. You were warned to stop, and you didn't. I don't have a problem with you, and I don't care what you post, or what threads you start. You shouldn't act surprised that the plug was pulled on your shenanigans though, you did after all state in advance that it was your intention to spam this board with endless threads.

I stand corrected. I guess I did post once. :)

chasedude
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I didn't. I tend to not get involved in senseless bullshit, unless it's for fun. The point is, this isn't a democracy. You don't have to post here, read here, or be here. You choose too. If the mods got sick of you starting stupid threads, they have the right to end your privilige. As far as your complying, I'm only going off of what I have read. You were warned to stop, and you didn't. I don't have a problem with you, and I don't care what you post, or what threads you start. You shouldn't act surprised that the plug was pulled on your shenanigans though, you did after all state in advance that it was your intention to spam this board with endless threads.

I stand corrected. I guess I did post once. :)

The Planet is like Driver's licenses. You don't have a Right to drive, it is a privilege. Much like driving erratically and speeding you will lose your privileges, Posting erratically on here will get your privileges taken away.

That's how I see it :hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
The Planet is like Driver's licenses. You don't have a Right to drive, it is a privilege. Much like driving erratically and speeding you will lose your privileges, Posting erratically on here will get your privileges taken away.

That's how I see it :hmmm:

Good analogy. It's spot on.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Good analogy. It's spot on.

yea I know you guys are only like the umpteenth people to make statements with such a point.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
yea I know you guys are only like the umpteenth people to make statements with such a point.

Then you should have plenty of insight as to why there's no point bitching about it. Don't be an ass, get your thread creating pass. I'm starting to rhyme and I like it.

chasedude
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM

Try it. In following this I've never been censored or banned.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Then you should have plenty of insight as to why there's no point bitching about it. Don't be an ass, get your thread creating pass. I'm starting to rhyme and I like it.

See this is how the threads you all so hate get so long. You jsut have to keep on telling others to stop. ROFL

petegz28
01-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Try it. In following this I've never been censored or banned.

Yea? I'm real proud of ya.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
See this is how the threads you all so hate get so long. You jsut have to keep on telling others to stop. ROFL

I could care less what you do. Since it's obvious you don't really care either, there's no sense continuing the conversation. Go ahead and quote this post and call me and idiot, or whatever comes to mind. You can have the last word, and we can all move on.

chasedude
01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Yea? I'm real proud of ya.

Great!!!

petegz28
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I could care less what you do. Since it's obvious you don't really care either, there's no sense continuing the conversation. Go ahead and quote this post and call me and idiot, or whatever comes to mind. You can have the last word, and we can all move on.

No dude seriously, it just gets hillarious cause everyone has to say something but they are all saying the same thing and in the end making happen what they are saying was stupid in the first palce.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
No dude seriously, it just gets hillarious cause everyone has to say something but they are all saying the same thing and in the end making happen what they are saying was stupid in the first palce.

I understand where you're coming from, and I don't think you're entirely wrong. I do think you're fighting a pointless, non winnable battle. You can't go "Heavenly Sword" on everyone. It will never work IRL.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I understand where you're coming from, and I don't think you're entirely wrong. I do think you're fighting a pointless, non winnable battle. You can't go "Heavenly Sword" on everyone. It will never work IRL.

No cause can't get my sword to glow that cool blue in real life.

Really sucks actually :(

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
No cause can't get my sword to glow that cool blue in real life.

Really sucks actually :(

You're not a bad guy. At least not from this kind of shit. ;)

petegz28
01-08-2008, 04:06 PM
You're not a bad guy. At least not from this kind of shit. ;)

I do have the sword of Frodo you may know as Sting. And when it glows blue I shall finally rule all Middle-Earth!!!

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Good point. It is other people that keep these threads going.

User Posts
petegz28 69
Fire Me Boy! 29
PissedInCoffey 22
Phobia 18
wutamess 10
milkman Jr 8
HonestChieffan 7
Sully 6
morphius 6
Dartgod 6
chasedude 5
OnTheWarpath58 5
Mr. Kotter 4
HemiEd 4
FAX 4
DaFace 4
ChiefsGirl 4
Skip Towne 4
Simplex3 3
Mr. Plow 3
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 3
Cochise 3
dirk digler 2
banyon 1
Joe Seahawk 1
brorth 1
beavis 1
JBucc 1
Bearcat 1
Fly O.T. McWall 1
Brock 1
kstater 1
DPchief 1
seclark 1
Sfeihc 1
Reerun_KC 1
Hootie 1
Jilly 1
DaneMcCloud 1
Chiefnj2 1
GOATSE 1

:hmmm:

jjchieffan
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
:hmmm: When I read this thread, the first thing that comes to mind is "dramaqueen!!" ROFL

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 08:01 PM

:rolleyes: did you really think it would end any other way??