PDA

View Full Version : Which of these are acceptable forms of mod abuse?

DaFace
01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
This thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178311) about petegz28 losing his thread creation privileges brought up the topic of mod abuse. It seems to be the norm around here that our moderators occasionally "abuse" their power for one reason or another, and I'm curious to know what people think about it.

I'm sure I've missed a ton of possible abuses, but hopefully I've hit the main ones.

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
TWIST MY TITS

Fried Meat Ball!
01-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Someone took away 100 of my posts.

DaFace
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm mostly find with just about anything the mods choose to do, personally. However, I think that banning is one of those that needs to be done "by the book," even though our policies are pretty lenient.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't like the random name changing, that's just not funny.

:p

talastan
01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't like the random name changing, that's just not funny.

I'd have to agree with this one....."If I was complaining, but I'm not...the mods are wonderful!!" o:-)

:hail: :hail: :hail: MODS

All the Planet hails the mods and their wisdom...

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
You can
Rub your belly with Liza Minelli
Covered in jelly, you're gonna rub your belly
Jiggle your droopy balls with singin' Lou Rawis
Bounce off the walls, then jiggle them droopy balls
Grind your hips with the blond guy from CHIPS
Lick your lips
Stroke it clean with Martin Sheen
It's ****ing obscense
Clench your ass-cheeks tight with sexy grandma Betty White
You'll see the light when your sphincter's tight

HemiEd
01-08-2008, 09:13 AM
I think mods should be able to do what they see fit. They aren't paid very well, so they should be entertained.

Baconeater
01-08-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm in favor of it for the most part, it's all in good fun. Although I say that with some reservations since the last time I endorsed mod abuse I suddenly became "Samie the Bugeater".

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Spin like a little girl
With cross-dressing Milton Berle

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I can't think of an example where I thought "man, that was overboard." If anything I'd say the mods are pretty damned good around here. Especially Logical / Dr. Doom.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
As a serious response to mod abuse, I think it's OK as long as ALL INVOLVED are OK with it. It's all in good fun only if all parties are having fun with it.

If only half those involved think it's funny, then believe it or not, it's not funny.

In the instance of Pete, I think he probably needs to have his rights restored.

In the case of having my 100 posts back, I want them, but I'm having fun bitching without them. Though I do want them back eventually.

As for when Bob Dole kept locking my threads last night, I was laughing my ass off.

If, however, the other person involved feels he's being picked on or "abused," then it's not cool in my book.

This place is about having fun, and if it's not fun for people, you lose users. And for every annoying user we lose, we lose two good ones. And that will end in the demise of the board.

talastan
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
You can
Rub your belly with Liza Minelli
Covered in jelly, you're gonna rub your belly
Jiggle your droopy balls with singin' Lou Rawis
Bounce off the walls, then jiggle them droopy balls
Grind your hips with the blond guy from CHIPS
Lick your lips
Stroke it clean with Martin Sheen
It's ****ing obscense
Clench your ass-cheeks tight with sexy grandma Betty White
You'll see the light when your sphincter's tight

Spin like a little girl
With cross-dressing Milton Berle

Are you doing your best FAX impression?

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Are you doing your best FAX impression?

Just give it a whirl, pretend you're a little girl

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
In the instance of Pete, I think he probably needs to have his rights restored.
Pete's a f**king idiot who really doesn't need thread creation abilities. It's a privilege, not a right.

The fact that he missed the warning in his own f**king thread tells you everything you need to know about that attention whore. He's not interested in what others have to say, he's just speaking to be heard.

John_Wayne
01-08-2008, 09:23 AM
The government that governs best, governs least. I'm a libertarian when it comes to Chiefs Planet. If you don't like someone's thread or post or attitude or comment, IGNORE IT and move on. When you post on a thread to say "this thread sucks" or "this thread is stupid", YOU just became as stupid as the person who posted the thread. There should be almost no mod interference of any kind. This BB should police itself.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Pete's a f**king idiot who really doesn't need thread creation abilities. It's a privilege, not a right.
While I tend to agree with you on the idiot, I disagree about "doesn't need" comments.

If he's going to be allowed to be a user, then he needs full user abilities. If he's done something that warrants an outright ban, then ban his ass. If he's just annoying and a mod is ****ing with him just because it's fun, then that crosses a line.

I was careful to make the distinction, because I know Bob Dole was just ****ing with me last night because it's fun, but I was having fun, too, which is what makes it OK in this case.

That's not the issue with Pete.

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
The government that governs best, governs least. I'm a libertarian when it comes to Chiefs Planet. If you don't like someone's thread or post or attitude or comment, IGNORE IT and move on. When you post on a thread to say "this thread sucks" or "this thread is stupid", YOU just became as stupid as the person who posted the thread. There should be almost no mod interference of any kind. This BB should police itself.
If this BB policed itself you wouldn't be able to find any content over the spam and a**holes posting every random thought they ever had as a new thread.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
How many suck off the mod threads are you going to start Pete?

ROFL

John_Wayne
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
If this BB policed itself you wouldn't be able to find any content over the span and a**holes posting every random thought they ever had as a new thread. Don't respond to those threads and they'll fall off the board.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:28 AM

The fact that he missed the warning in his own f**king thread tells you everything you need to know about that attention whore. He's not interested in what others have to say, he's just speaking to be heard.

Warning..exactly. Do I need to point out what the deifinition of "warning" is?

I did not make 1 thread after said "Warining" yet the warning really wasn't a warning now was it?

Talk about a ****ing idiot look in the mirror pal.

DaFace
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
How many suck off the mod threads are you going to start Pete?

ROFL

Are you talking to me or yourself? I'm puzzled by your "Pete" at the end there.

And if it's the former, I screwed up the poll in the other thread, so I had to create this one.

And I fail to see how this has anything to do with gaining the mods' favor. I've never had an issue with any of them, so what difference does it make? It would be like sucking up to your next door neighbor who isn't really capable of doing anything for you.

Dartgod
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Looks like someone is in line for a name, sig, avatar and posting privileges change. ROFL

Simplex3
Warning..exactly. Do I need to point out what the deifinition of "warning" is?

I did not make 1 thread after said "Warining" yet the warning really wasn't a warning now was it?

Talk about a ****ing idiot look in the mirror pal.
Yeah, that was the first time anyone warned you about being a tool.

Nice selective memory there.

Woodrow Call
Usually its all in good fun or to make a point and it seems everyone is fair game. I don't have a problem with any of it.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah, that was the first time anyone warned you about being a tool.

Nice selective memory there.

Who cares if you think I am a tool or not? WTf does that have to do with anything? If I am such a tool ignore me then.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I can't think of an example where I thought "man, that was overboard." If anything I'd say the mods are pretty damned good around here. Especially Logical / Dr. Doom.

Not even ONE example????

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Who cares if you think I am a tool or not? WTf does that have to do with anything? If I am such a tool ignore me then.
The problem is the classic "no one raindrop believes it's responsible for the flood." If one tool (you) is allowed to do whatever, then every tool needs to be and then there is a flood of toolness on the board that can't be ignored or overlooked.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM

You left some shit on your face....

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Not even ONE example????
Maybe one. I would have gone with "CrappedInCoffey" myself.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
The problem is the classic "no one raindrop believes it's responsible for the flood." If one tool (you) is allowed to do whatever, then every tool needs to be and then there is a flood of toolness on the board that can't be ignored or overlooked.

You seem to be doing what you feel free to do so why you slamming other tools?

Then again you are doing a class A rim job on the mods in this thread too.

Tissue??? ROFL

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
You left some shit on your face....
If you've been around you know I don't kiss asses. If anything I'm known for being overly abrasive.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
If you've been around you know I don't kiss asses. If anything I'm known for being overly abrasive.

No just two threads of you rimming the mods.....you're righ. You go well beyond kissing ass.

ROFL

Fried Meat Ball!
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
No just two threads of you rimming the mods.....you're righ. You go well beyond kissing ass.

ROFL
Uh, Pete... you're wrong here, man.

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Man. I have this petegz28 c**k holster CPIggy'd at home, but I'm at the office and hadn't done it there yet. I have GOT to come up with a solution for that multiple machine list synchronization issue.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:42 AM

because if he thinks you're a tool (or your and tool) than so do I, I'm insecure and unoriginal like that....

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Maybe one. I would have gone with "CrappedInCoffey" myself.

Then I would have changed my title to Mr. PoopThread...

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:43 AM
because if he thinks you're a tool (or your and tool) than so do I, I'm insecure and unoriginal like that....

Well that just puts a whole other paint job on it now doesn't it? :#

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Uh, Pete... you're wrong here, man.

Sorry just calling it as I see it. What's good for the goose, all that and such even.

Cochise
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
It depends on who is being abused, of course.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Sorry just calling it as I see it. What's good for the goose, all that and such even.
Except, you're apparently seeing it wrong. That's the problem.

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Except, you're apparently seeing it wrong. That's the problem.

What am I seeing wrong? He is a tool and is kissing mod ass severly in this thread.

I mean I am as qualified to make assumptions about him as he does me yes?

talastan
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
It depends on who is being abused, of course.

I agree....If you're dishing it out then expect to take it!! Don't get all pissy about being subjected to the mod's justice if you've set yourself up for it. If you've done something worthy of any of the above, it should be pretty obvious to you, since more than likely several people will have complained about the situation before the mod takes action. (This is based on what I've witnessed in my short tenure here on the Planet.)

Fried Meat Ball!
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
What am I seeing wrong? He is a tool and is kissing mod ass severly in this thread.

I've gone back and re-read every post in this thread and I'm just not seeing where he's being a kiss ass.

I see one post where he says by-and-large the mods do a very good job, and I'd agree with him.

Honesty is not always being a kiss ass. The problem you have is that you disagree because you are their latest target, perhaps unjustly.

That doesn't mean that the mods don't do a good job.

Whether or not they went overboard with you is still up for debate. I've posted my stance.

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Wave that juicy weeno with legendary Al Pacino
Wave your weeno, even more obsceno

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I've gone back and re-read every post in this thread and I'm just not seeing where he's being a kiss ass.

I see one post where he says by-and-large the mods do a very good job, and I'd agree with him.

Honesty is not always being a kiss ass. The problem you have is that you disagree because you are their latest target, perhaps unjustly.

Whether or not they went overboard with you is still up for debate. I've posted my stance.
Wait, you actually READ the posts in a thread?!?! What the f**k for, you ass kisser?

[/petegz28]

petegz28
01-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Where did I say they were doing a bad job? One incident does not make it a bad job. I have never said that. Roger brought up the issue of how it was handled and I agree with him. That is all. No one is saying the mods are doign a bad job.

See that just shows what happens when you listen to half of these dumb ****s here.

Redrum_69
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
This thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178311) about petegz28 losing his thread creation privileges brought up the topic of mod abuse. It seems to be the norm around here that our moderators occasionally "abuse" their power for one reason or another, and I'm curious to know what people think about it.

I'm sure I've missed a ton of possible abuses, but hopefully I've hit the main ones.

I'd create a thread in retaliation to this thread, but my thread making ability has been revoked, and from what I hear its permanent, again.

crazycoffey
01-08-2008, 10:09 AM

no, you can only make assumption when you reach 10,000 posts or Icon status, whichever comes first....

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Knock back a drink with Colonel Klink
Piss in the sink

Mr. Laz
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
why does there need to be any "acceptable form of mod abuse"?

FAX
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Where did I say they were doing a bad job? One incident does not make it a bad job. I have never said that. Roger brought up the issue of how it was handled and I agree with him. That is all. No one is saying the mods are doign a bad job. ...

Glad to hear you say that, Mr. petegz28.

Mr. morphius is a very important asset to the Planet. Talented, even handed, fair, and upfront in all his dealings. It's too bad this happened, but the fact is that you did threaten to make lots more lame threads in order to punish your enemies. In response, Mr. morphius obviously did what he thought was best under the circumstances.

Personally, I think that, at this point, you should just count your blessings that you didn't cross swords with Mr. Bob Dole. Few have lived to tell the tale of that encounter, I assure you.

FAX

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Laz, You were exposed as a Nazi previously. Proof that mods are open minded by virtue of the fact pete declared you an evil nazi.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Glad to hear you say that, Mr. petegz28.

Mr. morphius is a very important asset to the Planet. Talented, even handed, fair, and upfront in all his dealings. It's too bad this happened, but the fact is that you did threaten to make lots more lame threads in order to punish your enemies. In response, Mr. morphius obviously did what he thought was best under the circumstances.

Personally, I think that, at this point, you should just count your blessings that you didn't cross swords with Mr. Bob Dole. Few have lived to tell the tale of that encounter, I assure you.

FAX
Yeah... Bob Dole will take away some of your postcount.

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I heard Bob Dole killed Rich Scanlon and Bobby Sippio at the same time, then laughed about it with Chuck Norris.

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Bounce your beef with Omar Sharif
What a relief

smittysbar
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
If this BB policed itself you wouldn't be able to find any content over the spam and a**holes posting every random thought they ever had as a new thread.

It's about that bad half of the time now.

go bowe
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
If you've been around you know I don't kiss asses. If anything I'm known for being overly abrasive.abrasive?

you're way beyond abrasive...

way way way beyond... :p :p :p

otoh, i'm so grateful for cpiggy that you can abrase me any time you want...

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 11:37 AM
abrasive?

you're way beyond abrasive...

way way way beyond... :p :p :p
:D

It's a gift *and* a skill that I work on. Really, I'm an all-pro.

PastorMikH
01-08-2008, 12:34 PM
There are a number of things on the list That I wouldn't consider "Mod Abuse" but rather a mod doing their job. The practical jokes bit has been a part of the planet since it started. If we get too uptight for a good joke once and a while, we probably need to spend our time someplace other than an internet BB anyway. (I still remember when a mod once doctored TommyKat's sig of her dog - it got lots of laughs from everyone except TK).

Phobia
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
There are a number of things on the list That I wouldn't consider "Mod Abuse" but rather a mod doing their job. The practical jokes bit has been a part of the planet since it started. If we get too uptight for a good joke once and a while, we probably need to spend our time someplace other than an internet BB anyway. (I still remember when a mod once doctored TommyKat's sig of her dog - it got lots of laughs from everyone except TK).

That was classic. That guy is a genious.

For the record, I think that any form of mod abuse is fair game so long as it's not mean spirited and can be reversed.

Braincase
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I screwed up and attached a pic as my sig pic without thinking, a comic strip from the "Born Loser" series. I have hence lost my ability to use pics in my sig. Hopefully I'll get that right returned because I'v got some new sig pics that are pretty damn funny, and I owe it to all of you to share.

FAX
01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Having never had a "sig", I feel like I'm missing out on a great opportunity to piss off the mods.

FAX

greg63
01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Not all of those are mod abuse.

Rain Man
01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I think there are some things that are enforcement of policy, and that's fine.

A few other things are acceptable as short-term jokes. Change a user's name for a day, stop their post count, etc., no big deal - as long as it gets changed back in a reasonable amount of time. It becomes unacceptable if the mod doesn't fix it after people have their yuks.

cdcox
01-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Mod abuse has been a long term tradition of the Planet and generally accepted by the user community. It is one of the few perks of a pretty much thankless job.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I enjoy being redundant. Here goes, if you don't like the mods around here, you are more than welcome to leave. This is not a democracy.

DaFace
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
There are a number of things on the list That I wouldn't consider "Mod Abuse" but rather a mod doing their job.

I tend to agree, but I decided to err on the side of being thorough.

DomerNKC
01-08-2008, 07:16 PM
sorry, no gaz option.

DaFace
01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
sorry, no gaz option.

Eh, when you go for more than a year without posting, I tend to think you lose "included in every poll" privileges.

Baconeater
01-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Eh, when you go for more than a year without posting, I tend to think you lose "included in every poll" privileges.
It has only been 8 mos since he last posted:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3947324&postcount=36

:p

Mr. Flopnuts
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM

I think Gaz is great. I've talked with him in the last couple of days. I do think he left long enough ago to warrant a change in the poll lexicon. Rainman would be my choice. He has without doubt, mastered poles. I mean, polls.

Baconeater
01-08-2008, 07:56 PM
I think Gaz is great. I've talked with him in the last couple of days. I do think he left long enough ago to warrant a change in the poll lexicon. Rainman would be my choice. He has without doubt, mastered poles. I mean, polls.
Meh...it has been discussed before and nothing really caught on. You just can't screw with Planet traditions.

jjchieffan
01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I generally get a laugh out of the mod abuse. The incident with FMB was hilarious. With all the KU bashing us MU fans have been doing lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see all of us with KU avatars for a few days courtesy of BobDole. I would be a victim of it, but I would just laugh about it. Provided he changed it back that is.

jidar
01-08-2008, 10:09 PM
bah.
Mods shouldn't abuse, but I guess I'm an idealist. Enforcing the rules isn't abuse but ****ing around with people for amusement or because they annoy you is.

SPchief
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
bah.
Mods shouldn't abuse, but I guess I'm an idealist. Enforcing the rules isn't abuse but ****ing around with people for amusement or because they annoy you is.

Shut up JarJar

doomy3
01-08-2008, 10:38 PM

QFT

BWillie
01-09-2008, 01:46 AM
I definitely vote for a mod revoking a sig picture that they didn't like. I had a sig pic within the rules of Carl Peterson that said something like, the man the myth the legend under it and I was revoked from having a sig for like a year. He is one hated man around here.

Valiant
01-09-2008, 02:08 AM
I pretty much voted for everything..

Of course there was not a annoying **** option for me to choose either..

So the poll was lacking..

That is not a jab at any particular person.. more towards persons...

:)

Fried Meat Ball!
01-09-2008, 06:18 AM
I generally get a laugh out of the mod abuse. The incident with FMB was hilarious. With all the KU bashing us MU fans have been doing lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see all of us with KU avatars for a few days courtesy of BobDole. I would be a victim of it, but I would just laugh about it. Provided he changed it back that is.
Yeah. Hi-LAIR-eee-ous.

:harumph:

Bob Dole
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah. Hi-LAIR-eee-ous.

:harumph:

Hey! Have you noticed that you're almost up to 10,000 posts?

Fried Meat Ball!
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
:LOL: ROFL

crazycoffey
01-09-2008, 11:26 AM

It's about time he did....

Fried Meat Ball!
01-09-2008, 11:28 AM
It's about time he did....
:shake: