View Full Version : Richard Curl

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2008, 11:00 AM
What's with all the hate? :shrug:
I'm not pro-Curl, just wondering.
WTF did he do or not do, to inspire the hate? That's the question

FAX
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Are you blind, Mr. Wile_E_Coyote? The man's name is Dick Curl.

Seriously, he looks like a doofus and took a job as Herm's Senior Assistant Vice President of Clock Watching. What more do I need to know about the guy?

FAX

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Whitlock called him, a snitch?, or something simular. He pushed for Croyle. He was brought on board as Herm's clock management official. That's about all I got

HonestChieffan
01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Hes good to hate. Just look at him. Dont try to steal us our shallow hate.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2008, 11:12 AM
ROFL no problemo

talastan
01-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Hes good to hate. Just look at him. Dont try to steal us our shallow hate.

He's a witch!! Print..er..I mean burn 'em!!

FAX
01-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Whitlock called him, a snitch?, or something simular. He pushed for Croyle. He was brought on board as Herm's clock management official. That's about all I got

Some people have referenced his success in NFLE, Mr. Wile_E_Coyote. I'm unfamiliar with his history in that league, but based on those Planeteer comments, he apparently ran a pretty good offense over there, for what that's worth.

I suppose my heartburn regarding Curl has to do with Herm naming him QB coach and subsequently watching our passing game turn into a bunch of 1 yard outs to the flanker. As is the case with Solari, who knows who the real culprit is?

I just can't imagine that a coach could be all that great and forced to take a position in clock management. If he had the goods, would he not be in greater demand around the league?

FAX

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
People hate Curl because Damon Huard clearly wasn't fond of him. It's too bad Terry Shea had to be such a bitch about it and follow Trent Green around like a puppy dog.

But anyway, Curl is just part of the brainless offensive attack we have right now. He has zero qualifications where running an NFL offense or developing a quarterback is concerned. Why does he have a job? He's Herm's sounding board and supposedly watches the clock or something. Fantastic!

HemiEd
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
He is Herm's "Butt-Boy", "kiss ass", "snitch", "steward", whatever handle you want to label him.

el borracho
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Hated by association; Curl is Herm's butt-buddy and we hate Herm therefore we must hate Curl, too. Plus, he's 186,000 years old, has an unimpressive NFL resume and goes by the name "Dick."

Chiefnj2
01-08-2008, 12:15 PM
It's too bad Terry Shea had to be such a bitch about it and follow Trent Green around like a puppy dog.

Herm fired Shea so Curl could take the job. Months later Green was traded. How is that Shea following Green around?

ChiefGator
01-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Herm fired Shea so Curl could take the job. Months later Green was traded. How is that Shea following Green around?

Picky-picky...

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Shea was only going to be quarterbacks coach here if Green was here. Once it was apparent they were dumping Green, he wanted out.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Shea was only going to be quarterbacks coach here if Green was here. Once it was apparent they were dumping Green, he wanted out.

What BS.

Trent Green didn't even know Shea was fired when he was.

Stop pretending to actually know any inner-doings. When you do, you just make yourself look like a bigger tard.

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
What BS.

It's the truth. Shea wanted out when it was evident Green wasn't going to be here.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM

Is this one of those times you take some writing liberties to paint a nice picture of the organization so your employer can keep getting "scoops"? Everything I ever read has the story the way Bad Guy presents it.

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Is this one of those times you take some writing liberties to paint a nice picture of the organization so your employer can keep getting "scoops"?

Um, I've never done that.

KCChiefsFan88
01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
What's with all the hate? :shrug:
I'm not pro-Curl, just wondering.
WTF did he do or not do, to inspire the hate? That's the question

1) He's one of Herm's top offensive assistants which means he was responsible, in part for the worst offense in franchise history.

2) He was hired by Herm in New York to help Herm with in-game clock management and was brought to KC to help Herm in a similar capacity. Despite this, Herm and the Chiefs remain a punchline when it comes to clock management.

3) According to Whitlock, Curl is a personal spy for Herm.

4) He looks like a geriatric Stayed Puff Marshmellow Man.

5) His name sounds like a sexual position.

That is why Dick Curl is hated by the masses

BigRock
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I was thinking of this a few days ago when Whitlock wrote his NFL Truths column and reminded me of how he used to trash Mike McCarthy when he was here as QB coach.

Sometimes Whitlock finds a guy to dump on. It used to be McCarthy. This season it was Curl. A QB coach must have picked on Jason in high school or something.

All the stuff about "Curl watched the clock for Herm in NY and now he does it here" was true a year ago, and nobody ever talked about Dick Curl around here except to make fun of his name.

This year, Whitlock rips him in some columns and suddenly you see Curl's name in every other thread. Look at the examples given here, "Huard didn't like him", "he's Herm's snitch", that's all from Whitlock.

It's scary how little it takes to influence the group-think on a particular topic.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I was thinking of this a few days ago when Whitlock wrote his NFL Truths column and reminded me of how he used to trash Mike McCarthy when he was here as QB coach.

Sometimes Whitlock finds a guy to dump on. It used to be McCarthy. This season it was Curl. A QB coach must have picked on Jason in high school or something.

All the stuff about "Curl watched the clock for Herm in NY and now he does it here" was true a year ago, and nobody ever talked about Dick Curl around here except to make fun of his name.

This year, Whitlock rips him in some columns and suddenly you see Curl's name in every other thread. Look at the examples given here, "Huard didn't like him", "he's Herm's snitch", that's all from Whitlock.

It's scary how little it takes to influence the group-think on a particular topic.

Curl, Solari and Herm did a great job with Croyle this year. Lots of improvement. Really showcased his mobility, downfield passing and arm strength, right?

BigRock
01-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Curl, Solari and Herm did a great job with Croyle this year. Lots of improvement. Really showcased his mobility, downfield passing and arm strength, right?
If you say so. :thumb:

Deberg_1990
01-08-2008, 04:44 PM
It's the truth. Shea wanted out when it was evident Green wasn't going to be here.

So basically, Shea didnt want to do a REAL QB coaching job like coach up a young guy?? WTF??

Count Zarth
01-08-2008, 04:45 PM
So basically, Shea didnt want to do a REAL QB coaching job like coach up a young guy?? WTF??

It wasn't that so much, he just didn't agree with the decision to dump Green. If Trent had retired last year things might be different.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
OH!!! This could be perfect!!!

With Curl as our OC, we could use this phrase:

DAMMIT, CURL! :banghead: :cuss:

Skip Towne
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Dick Curl = Father Time

FringeNC
01-08-2008, 05:03 PM
It wasn't that so much, he just didn't agree with the decision to dump Green. If Trent had retired last year things might be different.

So Green was telling the truth about essentially being dumped.

HypnotizedMonkey
01-08-2008, 06:10 PM
If dick curl becomes OC I will p00p myself and go to the mall and buy some chargers PJs

Simplex3
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
He's a witch!! Print..er..I mean burn 'em!!
Post.

Of.

The.

Year.

LMAO

Deberg_1990
01-08-2008, 06:35 PM

Its not like the Chiefs would have made the playoffs with Green anyways.

What an idiot.

Manila-Chief
01-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that Curl is not qualified to coach QB's??? To me it seems Herm was just seeking to put "his man" into the position regardless if he could really do the job or not.

It seems to me that we need a coach who is extremely qualified to help a QBOF develop ... I could be wrong ... may be it's just me????

KC Tattoo
01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that Curl is not qualified to coach QB's??? To me it seems Herm was just seeking to put "his man" into the position regardless if he could really do the job or not.

It seems to me that we need a coach who is extremely qualified to help a QBOF develop ... I could be wrong ... may be it's just me????

That's what I think too. Was Dick a QB? In college or pros? What qualifies him to be a QB coach?

Deberg_1990
01-08-2008, 06:54 PM
That's what I think too. Was Dick a QB? In college or pros? What qualifies him to be a QB coach?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/dick_curl/

It looks good on paper.

Dylan
01-08-2008, 07:43 PM
He's a Life Coach. ...

:D

Chiefnj2
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM

So you are saying Herm is a bald faced liar? Because Herm stood up and said it was an open competition months after Shea was fired.

Manila-Chief
01-08-2008, 07:49 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/dick_curl/

It looks good on paper.

Thanks ... but, that leads to a question ... how successful were those teams? It's one thing to hold a position and another thing to lead your team/players to success.

JohninGpt
01-08-2008, 08:12 PM
If dick curl becomes OC I will p00p myself and go to the mall and buy some chargers PJs
Please, buy the Chargers PJs first, then p00p in them.

HypnotizedMonkey
01-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Please, buy the Chargers PJs first, then p00p in them.

good thinking!