PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Met Chris Gardner today

chagrin
01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
The "Pursuit of Happyness" guy...

We were in Atlanta for our 2008 Sales Kick off Conference, I have to admit, I was really touched by his "speech", it was fantastic! As a bonus he gave us all (750 people) personally autographed copies of his book.
That dude kicks total ass, what a tremendous person, obviously born with a great gift of intelligence and strength.

Anyone else ever have the chance to hear him, or attend a lecture or anything with him there, by all means - do it!!

Skip Towne
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Who?

chagrin
01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Who?

This dude - seriously, it's a great story

http://www.chrisgardnermedia.com/main/biography.htm

Rain Man
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
This dude - seriously, it's a great story

http://www.chrisgardnermedia.com/main/biography.htm

Well, sure, but I have way more rep points.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I question how close to the truth the movie really was.

chagrin
01-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I question how close to the truth the movie really was.

I can understand that - unless the guy is a just some really good scammer; his story is very true, and has been acknowledged by the people he mentions and talks about. I am sure the movie took some liberties, like all of these movies, he even said they did some things differently, mainly the child was actually only 14 months old when the child's mother dropped him off for good. They had the boy older so they could add dialogs - some of the dialogs were not part of the story, like the basketball part where he tells his sone "don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything" he said that he had them change the line to say that because they had written a scene that wasn't a true part of the sotry and it went against what his mother told him when he was a boy.

Anyway, of course it's your decision to make and all; If you want the whole truth, read the book, screw the movie, you know?

Demonpenz
01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
too preachy

Halfcan
01-08-2008, 07:14 PM
great movie