PDA

View Full Version : What the heck has happened to KC Sports radio??!

keg in kc
07-30-2001, 03:41 PM
I'm listening to both 810 and 980 broadcast from River Falls, and everything just seems...backwards. Kietzman is upbeat and hopeful, with no criticizm for the team that I can find, while Fortune and Rose are downbeat and don't seem to expect much.

This is a polar opposite to what I remember as the norm...

Even more crazy is the fact that Jason Whitlock is having lunch with Carl Peterson tomorrow!

And get this: Carl Peterson is appearing on 810 tomorrow, too!

Weirdness!! :eek:

I feel like I've fallen into that "mirror, mirror" Star Trek episode.

Rausch
07-30-2001, 03:44 PM
Whitlock and Peterson?

Ok, now I know this is a joke.....

keg in kc
07-30-2001, 03:55 PM
Believe it or not, Brad...

not a joke!

This is sooooo weird, although Fortune and Rose sounded a little more upbeat a minute ago talking about the d-line (of all things).

It's like the two stations have had brain transplants or something. ;)

Rausch
07-30-2001, 04:02 PM
What time on 810?

I'd also settle for a "bizzaro" of our record last year....can that be arranged?:rolleyes:

Baby Lee
07-30-2001, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a Seinfeld episode

http://www.tvtome.com/servlets/GuidePageServlet/showid-112/epid-2377/

:) :)

keg in kc
07-30-2001, 04:15 PM
Brad, I think Kietzman said Peterson would be on the Boal, Grunhard, Maas "as of yet unnamed" show at 10:30 tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure that was the time (he said this about two hours ago and I've been busy...).

I'm sure he'll talk about it more at some point, so I'll post the time when I hear it again.

HC_Chief
07-30-2001, 05:08 PM
Grunny and Frank said CP would be on their show tomorrow.

They were joking about it: "Since Maas is out of town, he'll come on the show. When Bill returns, he'll quit talking to us again..." :p

keg in kc
07-30-2001, 05:08 PM
Just a little update, because I realize this does sound strange based on past history, but Keitzman reiterated that Peterson is having lunch tomorrow with Whitlock, and that Whitlock is going to be writing a story (as I understand it) about how different things seem to be with the Chiefs, including Carl Peterson.

Kietzman has spent a lot of today's show talking about how different things seem to be, for lack of a better word, including Carl, and how he's not all dressed in black but rather wearing shorts and a tee shirt and smiling all the time. He's stated a number of times how relaxed the coaching staff is (Rose and Fortune also covered the lack of explatives) and how the players seem to be responding to this change in a very, very positive way.

They had a short interview with DA, and I tell you he didn't sound like the same guy. He was confident and seemed genuinely excited, not the same old quiet/reserved guy (I didn't realize it was even DA until after the interview was over.

T-Rich is going to be on both 810 and 980 in the next hour, following the end of practice (@ 5:45).

It's freaky.

Carl Peterson will be on 810 tomorrow morning at 10:30 with Boal, Grunhard and Moss (or apparently just Boal and Grunny, as HC said, I wasn't up early enough to catch the show today...).

DaWolf
07-30-2001, 06:45 PM
I would assume that DV sat down with Carl and told him that he needs to loosen up with the media, since DV was in the media for so long. Remember, one of the first things DV did when taking over was inviting members of the KC media to some italian restaurant and treating them to dinner while they talked. Keitzman was there.

We'll see how long it lasts...

keg in kc
07-30-2001, 06:48 PM
DV also brought in his own PR people, as well, if I'm not mistaken. He's definitely had an impact up to this point. Like you said, we'll see...

Warrior5
07-30-2001, 07:07 PM
CP is probably having some short ends from Gates flown up.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-30-2001, 07:33 PM
Maybe 980 is a bit jealous/mad that Carl and co. have decided to talk TO ALL OF THE MEDIA INSTEAD OF ONLY TALKING TO 101 AND THEMSELVES?

CG

could be:D