PDA

View Full Version : Jim Bates resigns in Denver according to NFL Network

Der Flöprer
01-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Is it time for Gunther to be fired and replaced?

RustShack
01-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Bring him on in!

BIG K
01-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Is time for Gunther to be fired and replaced?

You mean; "Is IT time for Gunther to be fired and replaced?"

....your father would be very dissapointed.......

:p

blueballs
01-09-2008, 02:07 AM
Watch the toliet paper closer

DenverChief
01-09-2008, 02:48 AM
I thought bates was a WR coach?

Der Flöprer
01-09-2008, 02:52 AM

Oops. Here's a link finally.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-bates&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bates resigns as Denver defensive coordinator

January 8, 2008

AP - Jan 8, 3:57 pm EST
More Photos

DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos defensive boss Jim Bates resigned on Tuesday after the team limped to a 7-9 record in his first year on the job.

Bates' departure was expected. The Broncos finished 19th in overall defense and 30th against the run.

"I had the opportunity to stay," Bates said in a written statement. "(Coach Mike Shanahan) has been very fair with me, and the final decision, for the Broncos and for me, was to step aside."

Bates, whose title was assistant coach-defense, had success with his system with the Green Bay Packers and Miami Dolphins, but the Broncos were unable to master it.

Bates said he was "very saddened that things did not work out."

There was no immediate word on a replacement. Team spokesman Patrick Smyth said the Broncos would have no comment beyond Bates' statement

DenverChief
01-09-2008, 02:55 AM
Oops. Here's a link finally.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-bates&prov=ap&type=lgns

January 8, 2008

AP - Jan 8, 3:57 pm EST
More Photos

DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos defensive boss Jim Bates resigned on Tuesday after the team limped to a 7-9 record in his first year on the job.

Bates' departure was expected. The Broncos finished 19th in overall defense and 30th against the run.

"I had the opportunity to stay," Bates said in a written statement. "(Coach Mike Shanahan) has been very fair with me, and the final decision, for the Broncos and for me, was to step aside."

Bates, whose title was assistant coach-defense, had success with his system with the Green Bay Packers and Miami Dolphins, but the Broncos were unable to master it.

Bates said he was "very saddened that things did not work out."

There was no immediate word on a replacement. Team spokesman Patrick Smyth said the Broncos would have no comment beyond Bates' statement

well beat me with a spoon...who is the WR coach for Denver

BigRock
01-09-2008, 02:59 AM
well beat me with a spoon...who is the WR coach for Denver
Jim Bates' son is the WR coach. At least for now, anyway. At the rate Shanny's running through coaches, you never know.

Direckshun
I remember Amnorix telling us he was the real deal.

BigRock
NFL Network is saying Denver just hired a new defensive coordina... annnnd he's already been fired.

BigRock
01-09-2008, 03:00 AM
ESPN is saying Denver was in the process of hiring a new defensive coordinator to replace the one they fired after they fired Bates, but this one was fired before he could finish signing his name on the contract.

HonestChieffan
01-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Yea...they promoted an underling to the job. Looks like Mike is behaving more scared all the time.

TEX
01-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Jim Bates' son is the WR coach. At least for now, anyway. At the rate Shanny's running through coaches, you never know.

Well I admire the fact that if a coach $ucks - the Rat wastes no time in getting rid of him and trying to inprove the team. Herm should do the same and then step down. :rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Well I admire the fact that if a coach $ucks - the Rat wastes no time in getting rid of him and trying to inprove the team. Herm should do the same and then step down. :rolleyes:

Jim Bates does not suck.

TEX
01-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Jim Bates does not suck.

The results did for him and them, so...

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 08:08 AM
ESPN is saying Denver was in the process of hiring a new defensive coordinator to replace the one they fired after they fired Bates, but this one was fired before he could finish signing his name on the contract.

wtf who?

penguinz
01-09-2008, 08:12 AM
The results did for him and them, so...He was there one year. They had no D-line and a MLB that was new to the position.

dirk digler
01-09-2008, 08:20 AM
It is amazing how Shanhan continues to keep his job after failure after failure in pretty much everything that he does

penguinz
01-09-2008, 08:21 AM
It is amazing how Shanhan continues to keep his job after failure after failure in pretty much everything that he doesI wish we had a failure that one two superbowls within the last 10 years for us.

milkman
01-09-2008, 08:23 AM

No, I wouldn't.

It IS time for Gunt to be fired and replace, so he was right to begin with.

My only dissapointment is that it took him this long to reach that conclusion.

Gunt should have been fired before he inked his first contract to return.

Skip Towne
01-09-2008, 08:26 AM

Haven't you learned by now that Milkman hates everybody?

milkman
01-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Haven't you learned by now that Milkman hates everybody?

That's not true.

We just haven't found anyone that I don't hate.

dirk digler
01-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I wish we had a failure that one two superbowls within the last 10 years for us.

I wish we had a couple of SB's too but after 10 years of accomplishing nothing you would think that they would run out of patience.

Rausch
01-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I wish we had a couple of SB's too but after 10 years of accomplishing nothing you would think that they would run out of patience.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mfl/lowres/mfln130l.jpg

Amnorix
01-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I remember Amnorix telling us he was the real deal.

I still think he is. One year isn't enough to judge. His Miami defenses were consistently extremely good. Now, obviously, he had some pretty good talent down there, but he also coached up some players.

We'll see where his career goes, but his Miami tenure was impressive as hell.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
We need to get rid of GUN and get in on these DC's

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
He was there one year. They had no D-line and a MLB that was new to the position.

Don't confuse him with logic.