PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question: SQL

FAX
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Our dev team is proposing some modifications to the next version of our software platform and I told them I'd give their idea some thought over the weekend. In the meantime, I'm going to be doing some background research on one of the primary items under consideration which, as it happens, involves a particular SQL (not MySQL) capability with which I am unfamiliar but has bearing on the decision.

Anyhow, I believe that some of you fellows have vast knowledge in this area and thought that, perhaps, you might (if I'm lucky) be willing to share a synapse or two of advice. If so, please PM me. I will reply with sincere gratitude, humble thanks, and the question at hand. No hard feelings whatsoever, if no one is interested in assisting as I am fully aware that this is information I'm sure many of you are paid to provide in RL.

FAX

Disclaimer: Sorry if re-post. Sorry if shameless. Sorry if nothing more than board clutter.

Simplex3
01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah. You might want to clear your PMs first.

:)

PM me if you still need help.

FAX
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry, Mr. Simplex3. My bad.

FAX

cookster50
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Umm, what is the question?

BigRedChief
01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
your pm box is full. but the answer is yea. It is scalable to meet your needs.

FAX
01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry, Mr. BigRedChief. Damn. I'm getting a lot of PMs and not online enough to deal with it.

FAX

KC Jones
01-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Umm, what is the question?

It's so secret that Mr. FAX can only tell a select few. After he has their answer, he is required to bury their bodies in an unmarked grave in Egypt so that none may know the secrets of the SQL technology.

FAX
01-13-2008, 06:41 PM
It's so secret that Mr. FAX can only tell a select few. After he has their answer, he is required to bury their bodies in an unmarked grave in Egypt so that none may know the secrets of the SQL technology.

LMAO

I just didn't want to clutter up the board with this stuff, Mr. KC Jones. But, now that you mention it, burying these guys in Egypt isn't all that bad an idea. It worked out pretty well for that Rock guy - becoming king and all.

FAX

StcChief
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
SQL (squirrel) Server may work depending on your data growth etc.

Oracle would be better IMO :D

bgguitarman
01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
SQL (squirrel) Server may work depending on your data growth etc.

Oracle would be better IMO :D

Oracle Sux!