PDA

View Full Version : Wii Shop-Ever Used It?

vailpass
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Have you ever bought/downloaded any games from Wii shop? Good deal, bad deal? Any tips for a newb?

Sam Hall
01-12-2008, 05:47 PM
The classics are still classic :thumb: It helps to have the classic controller.

Places like IGN have reviews for the VC games.

DaFace
01-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Yep. The games look and feel just like they always have.

Ditto on the classic controller, though. It's a bit awkward to use the normal Wiimote to play NES games, and impossible for the other systems' games.

Fishpicker
01-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I havent used it.

I love all the other Wii features though. I check the weather channel and then the news when I wake up in the morning.

Guru
01-12-2008, 06:58 PM
They are overpriced considering their age.

Reaper16
01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
They are overpriced considering their age.
Some of the games are a great value, though. I'd rather spend $8 on Gunstar Heroes through Virtual Console than spend $45 on the Genesis cartridge. It's been hard for me to track down a Streets of Rage 3 cartridge, but VC has the game. Sin and Punishment never came out in America, but is available through VC for $12.

I use it quite a bit.

Fruit Ninja
01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
They arent overpriced. I have bought a tons of Xboxlive arcade games. Dont own a wii yet, but i am sure the games are pretty much priced the same.

Guru
01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Some of the games are a great value, though. I'd rather spend $8 on Gunstar Heroes through Virtual Console than spend $45 on the Genesis cartridge. It's been hard for me to track down a Streets of Rage 3 cartridge, but VC has the game. Sin and Punishment never came out in America, but is available through VC for $12.

I use it quite a bit.

On the hard to find games I can see the argument. The mainstream games are grossly overpriced. original NES games should be no more than whatever the equivalent of 2 bucks is. SNES 3 bucks and N64 5 bucks.