PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 Game Manuals

Frazod
01-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Is there a free site I can download game manuals? I rented Conan from Blockbuster, but it doesn't have a manual. Without it, the game is a bit confusing.

JBucc
01-12-2008, 09:52 PM
It seems to be a trend lately that the manuals that come with the games are really shitty and useless.

Anyway, check gamefaqs.com. I don't think they have manual downloads, but the walkthrough's and faq's usually tell you everything you need to know.

Frazod
01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks JB. I'll have a look.

QuikSsurfer
01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
controls and walkthrough
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/938400/50466

Frazod
01-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Boy, I sure am glad I only rented this annoying sonofabitch.... :#

GOD THIS GAME IS A PAIN IN THE ASS. The fighting is great, but unfortunately between fights there's this Prince of Persia element to it where you have to jump, move, run, etc. PRECISELY or you die instantly. I hate games like this. I'm getting so pissed I don't even know if I'll finish it.

:cuss:

Cochise
01-13-2008, 01:04 AM
I really like the POP series, but yeah, if the controls sucked it would be impossible.

Frazod
01-13-2008, 01:21 AM
I really like the POP series, but yeah, if the controls sucked it would be impossible.

It's really annoying - the movement sucks all the fun out of it. Going back to Assassins Creed will be a pleasure after this.

If I'd paid $60 for this piece of crap, I'd be furious. It's barely worth the rental fee.

This seems to be one of the major benefits of the Xbox - Blockbuster doesn't rent PC games - you buy something and don't like it, you're just screwed. With Xbox you get to take 'em for a test drive first.

QuikSsurfer
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
It's really annoying - the movement sucks all the fun out of it. Going back to Assassins Creed will be a pleasure after this.

If I'd paid $60 for this piece of crap, I'd be furious. It's barely worth the rental fee.

This seems to be one of the major benefits of the Xbox - Blockbuster doesn't rent PC games - you buy something and don't like it, you're just screwed. With Xbox you get to take 'em for a test drive first.
i downloaded the demo and knew i would hate it.

Dicky McElephant
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
i downloaded the demo and knew i would hate it.

Same here.

Fishpicker
01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
you dont need the manual, just look at the upgrade menu ... there are only 8 or 9 button combinations.

this game sucks. it looks very good at first glance. the enemies are repetitive and the boss fights are generic "god of war" knockoffs.

Guru
01-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Hell, I think the rental fees are getting downright ridiculous also. $7.51 for a 5 day rental? Just seems nuts to me, especially if you are just trying to see if you will like it or not. Let's say you like it, now you are paying that plus the $50-60 to buy it.

QuikSsurfer
01-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Hell, I think the rental fees are getting downright ridiculous also. $7.51 for a 5 day rental? Just seems nuts to me, especially if you are just trying to see if you will like it or not. Let's say you like it, now you are paying that plus the $50-60 to buy it.
i agree. luckily, my roomate works at hollywood video so, free rentals for me :) .
download the demos (i realize some games are left out) from xbox marketplace and try them out before dishin out the $$ for rental fees

Frazod
01-14-2008, 07:32 PM

In this instance, it's hard to fault the rental price. If I'd actually bought this piece of crap, I'd probably try it a bit more, but eventually get frustrated and never finish it. And I'd just be out $60.

Guru
01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
i agree. luckily, my roomate works at hollywood video so, free rentals for me :) .
download the demos (i realize some games are left out) from xbox marketplace and try them out before dishin out the $$ for rental fees
Yeah, but some of those just don't go deep enough to really give you the feel for it.

Fraz must be a Conan freak though to have tried that game though. :D

Frazod
01-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, but some of those just don't go deep enough to really give you the feel for it.

Fraz must be a Conan freak though to have tried that game though. :D

I bought a $400 authentic Atlantean sword from the Schwarzenegger movie. Yeah, you could say I'm a Conan fan. :)

Guru
01-14-2008, 11:22 PM
I bought a $400 authentic Atlantean sword from the Schwarzenegger movie. Yeah, you could say I'm a Conan fan. :)
Sucker!!! \

JK

I was never able to get into those movies at all.

Frazod
01-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Sucker!!! \

JK

I was never able to get into those movies at all.

This is a real, kick ass sword, exactly like the one from the movie. It's 3 1/2 feet long and heavy as hell.

Guru
01-14-2008, 11:37 PM
This is a real, kick ass sword, exactly like the one from the movie. It's 3 1/2 feet long and heavy as hell.
So this is an exact copy or actually used on the set?

Frazod
01-14-2008, 11:57 PM
So this is an exact copy or actually used on the set?

It's a copy - the real one would be obscenely expensive. But it is made from the same mold by the same manufacturer in Spain.

There are far more expensive versions - while mine is certainly real, it isn't sharp or battle-tempered. You can actually buy a 100% combat ready, razor sharp Conan sword, but seriously, WTF would you do with it? Plus those are much more expensive.

Guru
01-15-2008, 12:03 AM
It's a copy - the real one would be obscenely expensive. But it is made from the same mold by the same manufacturer in Spain.

There are far more expensive versions - while mine is certainly real, it isn't sharp or battle-tempered. You can actually buy a 100% combat ready, razor sharp Conan sword, but seriously, WTF would you do with it? Plus those are much more expensive.

One word....

Carl

Frazod
01-15-2008, 12:07 AM
One word....

Carl

Oh, I could certainly ruin his shit with the one I've got - it would just involve more blunt force trauma than slicing. :evil:

Guru
01-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Oh, I could certainly ruin his shit with the one I've got - it would just involve more blunt force trauma than slicing. :evil:
Make certain you invite Iowanian.

LMAO

Frazod
01-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Make certain you invite Iowanian.

LMAO

Heh. That sword's bigger than he is. :D

Guru
01-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Yeah, but I would love to hear his commentary after the fact.

QuikSsurfer
01-15-2008, 09:08 AM
very cool.. when i first moved to KCMO, i dated a girl that collected popular swords (from movies/video games). She had the blood rayne knives, Riddick knives, zelda's sword (not the wood one), sting (LOTR), etc... she also liked for me to bite her. :shake:

Kraus
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
.. she also liked for me to bite her. :shake:

LMAO

Iowanian
01-19-2008, 07:00 PM

What are you running your c@cksucker about, Shrimp!