PDA

View Full Version : AustinChief...

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:02 PM
Do we have to post our picks now, or can we wait? Because there hasn't even been a preseason game yet and I'll need that and other info to base my picks on.

Thanks, its gonna be hard though (to pick).

CG

dang parity!!!!;)

ps. great job with the site!:)

Fat Elvis
07-31-2001, 11:05 PM
Cody-

Looks like we have till 9/9/01 to pick for the first week....

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:07 PM
Oh...

thats right!:o

CG

doh!

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:09 PM
Did you already pick, Fat Elvis?

Just curious...

Fat Elvis
07-31-2001, 11:11 PM
Not yet...

but it is sooo tempting...

I'm just football hungry.

Fat Elvis
07-31-2001, 11:17 PM
I did submit my power rankings though.....

My homervision may have clouded my judgement on the Chiefs, but I really feel they will surprise everyone--I pick them as the legitimate dark horse of the league that everyone is underestimating.......

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:18 PM
Fat Elvis,

Those are my feelings exactly!!!! It is really tempting, but I'm gonna wait, though.

CG

waiting for week 1

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:20 PM
Fat Elvis,

Theres power rankings?

I'll be right back!

The Bad Guy
07-31-2001, 11:33 PM
I threw my preseason rankings up there for the hell of it. I was bored so I added some comments.

Kyle,

Great work on the Bulletin board. This is the best BB I have ever seen on the net. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:42 PM
Ok, Fat Elvis...

Tell me what you think of my power rankings.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:44 PM
I really didn't give much thought (kind of like the experts) but I just hurried it together.

BroncoFan
07-31-2001, 11:46 PM
Cody, I will tell you what I think. Broncos are ranked too damn low!

Fat Elvis
07-31-2001, 11:50 PM
I had the AFC west teams a bit higher than you did. I think they won't have the best records (from playing each other), but I do think they (Denver, Oakland and KC-darkhorse) didn't play in this division, they would utterly dominate the AFC. I think Baltimore was more of a fluke than anything last year; I think they will go to the playoffs because they are playing a wildcard schedule this year even though they are SB champs, but I think they lose in 1st or 2nd round.

By and large, nice picks. It's hard to really get a handle on things this early, but that's half the fun....

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2001, 11:51 PM
Sorry BroncoFan,

I'm biased, I should have wrote that in when I ranked the Chiefs at #6;)

CG

whadya expect?... #31?:D

The Bad Guy
07-31-2001, 11:57 PM
Cody,

Nice job on the power rankings.

The only thing I question is the Pats being at 30, and the Chiefs being so high at 6.

Other than that, good work.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 12:04 AM
Fat Elvis,

I ranked the Ravens #1 because they are the defending champs, and unbiasedly (is that a word?) they have upgraded their team. But I think there success this year will depend on whether their O, not their D. No team's O is going to underestimate their D like last year and will be be ready for them, therefore putting some added pressure on the O (and our friend Grby) to score points.

This may spell doom for Grby, but who knows, he might live up to the pressure with the help of Bilick.

CG

JMO.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 12:07 AM
Frank,

I don't think the Pats will be that good this year, what have they done this offseason, seriously? Do they have a RB or an OL to keep the heat off Drew Bledsoe?

As for the Chiefs, I think they'll surprise, and the staff and co. is keeping the fan base sane with all this "long, long way to go" BS., IMO.

Plus...I'm biased:D

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 12:16 AM
Frank,

I noticed you and I ranked the Falcons kind of similar. I tnink Vick will end up starting this year, whether it be week 1, or 10, he will be starting by the end of the year. I feel Vick is going to be special. You?

CG

BTW, nice takes on all the teams!!!!

milkman
08-01-2001, 07:51 AM
I haven't done the power ranking yet, but I do have a couple of comments regarding Cory's rankings.
I'm not sure that they woud be as low as #30 in my rankings, but the Pats will definitely be in my bottom 10.
Bill Bellichick rates right up there with Gun as a HC in my opinion, and Drew Bledsoe is the most overrated QB in the league.

I also don't believe that Vick wil see the field in Atlanta, except as the result of injury to Chandler and Zeier.