PDA

View Full Version : Dodge City is a Lawless Town

trndobrd
01-16-2008, 10:33 PM
I am in Dodge City tonight and in fear of my life. Lawlessness rules the streets! The ruthless cattle barons, cowboys and gamblers seem to have control of this fair city. Will no one rise up for justice?

Like the icy North wind, that kept the stagecoach from making it through (a Beechcraft 1900D stagecoach), the spirit of anarchy has blown into this otherwise fine, upstanding town. The cowboys (per the bumper sticker on the truck) running their mighty steeds up and down the street without regard to pedestrians, lanes or turn signals. The gamblers looking for a quick, ill gotten dollar have turned otherwise reputable establishments (like Kwik Shop) into dens of gambling and insist on checking their scratch-off tickets right in front of the counter, even when people are waiting in line. All the while the cattle barons tighten their viselike control of the the fair community. Amoral cattlemen like Old Montana Mike are crushing the honest working man with immorally high prices for their goods, like $12.99 for a 14oz KC strip.

Where are women and children to turn? How are men of good will and solid character supposed to raise a family in such an environment? I will be leaving in the morning (after my complimentary Fresh Start breakfast bar) and can only say 'good riddance'! Keep your filth in this once proud town.

HonestChieffan
01-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Garden City is worse.

Get Over it.

Fire Me Boy!
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I am in Dodge City tonight and in fear of my life. Lawlessness rules the streets! The ruthless cattle barons, cowboys and gamblers seem to have control of this fair city. Will no one rise up for justice?

Like the icy North wind, that kept the stagecoach from making it through (a Beechcraft 1900D stagecoach), the spirit of anarchy has blown into this otherwise fine, upstanding town. The cowboys (per the bumper sticker on the truck) running their mighty steeds up and down the street without regard to pedestrians, lanes or turn signals. The gamblers looking for a quick, ill gotten dollar have turned otherwise reputable establishments (like Kwik Shop) into dens of gambling and insist on checking their scratch-off tickets right in front of the counter, even when people are waiting in line. All the while the cattle barons tighten their viselike control of the the fair community. Amoral cattlemen like Old Montana Mike are crushing the honest working man with immorally high prices for their goods, like $12.99 for a 14oz KC strip.

Where are women and children to turn? How are men of good will and solid character supposed to raise a family in such an environment? I will be leaving in the morning (after my complimentary Fresh Start breakfast bar) and can only say 'good riddance'! Keep your filth in this once proud town.
Be careful. The SP's are in Dodge City.

trndobrd
01-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Garden City is worse.

Get Over it.

Yeah, that's where I'm heading tomorrow.

Skip Towne
01-16-2008, 10:37 PM
You f*ck up in Dodge City, you'll answer to Banyon.

Rain Man
01-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Did you get challenged to any gunfights?

trndobrd
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Did you get challenged to any gunfights?

Not yet. The guy at Taco Bell was kind of giving me the 'skunk-eye' but he might just look like that all the time.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2008, 11:56 PM

This kid's on dope.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-17-2008, 07:47 AM
They'll linch your ass up in a tree in a heartbeat there. Especially being this close to James Earl Ray day.

KCFalcon59
01-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Watch out for the bartender, he's an ornery cuss.

ArrowheadHawk
01-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Garden City is worse.

Get Over it.
Your an idiot. Garden City is 10x better than Dodge City. Dodge City is the Meth capitol of Southwest Kansas. Not to mention our High School Football team has beaten Dodge like 12 years in a row.

JohninGpt
01-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Not yet. The guy at Taco Bell was kind of giving me the 'skunk-eye' but he might just look like that all the time.
I here tell that's a real skunk. The guy don't have many friends.

Boon
01-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Your an idiot. Garden City is 10x better than Dodge City. Dodge City is the Meth capitol of Southwest Kansas. Not to mention our High School Football team has beaten Dodge like 12 years in a row.

DC, GC, or Liberal ain't much to brag on. Rather than being compared to each other, they should be compared to places like Nogales, Tijauana, etc.

Pushead2
01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
DC, GC, or Liberal ain't much to brag on. Rather than being compared to each other, they should be compared to places like Nogales, Tijauana, etc.
Or the City of God for that matter,

patteeu
01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
For heaven's sake, give banyon a little time to civilize the place. He's only been out there for a couple of weeks.

OTOH, Amnorix implied that he was some kind of incompetent hack so I'd sleep with my gun under my pillow and one eye open for the foreseeable future just in case.

Eleazar
01-17-2008, 09:03 AM
How does the poo smell?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-17-2008, 09:20 AM
How does the poo smell?

Like shit, how do expect poo to smell ?

Eleazar
01-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Like shit, how do expect poo to smell ?

I was thinking more along the lines of intensity. I hear it can be pretty strong.

Kerberos
01-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Went to DCCC back in mid 80's

50,000 head of cattle in any given direction and they fed us chicken 4 days a week at dinner time.

If that AIN'T a crime I don't know what is?

:shake:

Chief Chief
01-17-2008, 09:39 AM
If'n ya cain't handle that thar lawlessness, jus' get a-holt of Marshal Matt Dillon!

Boon
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
How does the poo smell?

Not as bad as the odor of blood, guts, hair, etc. that emanates from the packing plants. Some days it'll make you sick to smell it. Truly a God forbidden place. Glad I don't live there............

WilliamTheIrish
01-17-2008, 10:15 AM
ant' be too dangerous anymore. The Carr brothers left town years ago. They went waaaaay upscale. All the way to Weeecheeta.

Braincase
01-17-2008, 10:31 AM
ant' be too dangerous anymore. The Carr brothers left town years ago. They went waaaaay upscale. All the way to Death Row.

FYP

Skip Towne
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
FYP
Kansas has a death row?

Skip Towne
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Kansas has a death row?
Yes, I guess they do. It is at the ElDorado prison and has 9 men on it.

FAX
01-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I miss Miss Kitty.

What a woman.

FAX

bkkcoh
01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Kansas has a death row?

Isn't that redundant? :LOL:

grandllama
01-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Dodge and Garden used to be ok cities until they were annexed by Mexico.

Boon
01-17-2008, 03:09 PM

It was theirs (Mexico), we took it, now they want it back.
Hell let em have it.....

BigVE
01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
You think? I have visited all of the crap holes mentioned (DC,GC,Liberal) over the years and not much has changed. They sucked 17 years ago as much as they do today. HECK, if anything they have improved since then because now you at least find some decent mexican food! Besides, do YOU want to work your butt of in a packing plant??? Doubt it. They can have it all, just send the beef my way and I will be fine.