PDA

View Full Version : So its almost noon Hows the new server speed and response look?

Dave Lane
08-01-2001, 10:12 AM
Just checking to make sure everyone is able to connect and at a good speed for downloads / response times. If anyone is having problems let me know.

Thanks
Dave

PS server load is .03 (3% of one processor it has dual processors) so times should be very fast.

Phobia
08-01-2001, 10:18 AM
Dave,

It's really sweet. No problems to speak of and zero difficulty in connecting - thanks a LOT for your help!

Phobia
08-01-2001, 10:20 AM
Dave,

The following links take the surfer to a site that will sell them 2 37Forever T-shirts with proceeds going to the 37 Forever Foundation. If you could place them on the first page, that would be really great. Bob Dole designed them and made it available to us.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/productdetail.aspx?prodno=1332933&zoom=yes

and

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/productdetail.aspx?prodno=1332451&zoom=yes

dollar1
08-01-2001, 10:22 AM
light speed!!! wooowwwwhhoooo

shakesthecat
08-01-2001, 10:25 AM
No problems at all.
So much for taking lunch anymore.

Logical
08-01-2001, 10:37 AM
It is running but this is the second time I have had to log on. Will I need to logon every time I want to get on the BB and post. Similar to the old days at the StarBB?

milkman
08-01-2001, 10:40 AM
Dave and AustinChief,
Whe I went to the Chiefs training camp site, I had difficulty returning.
I was able to et back here by hitting my back button.
When I pressed the key I have reserved for chiefsplanet, or entered www.chiefsplanet.com I received the following message;

Failed Error: Failed opening required '/usr/www/chiefsplanet.com/dbUtils/power Global.php' (include_path=") in/home/www/index.php on line 2

I also received this same message when I clicked on the Chiefs Arrowhead logo at the top left of these pages.

I don't have any idea what it means. Maybe I did something wrong.

Iowanian
08-01-2001, 10:43 AM
Milkman,

I recieved the same error and was able to back into the site.

old_geezer
08-01-2001, 11:06 AM
I got on in record time - no problem. :D I hopped to a couple of other pages then came back here twice with no problem like that encountered by milkman and Iowanian. I also remained logged on from previous night and didn't have to log on again.

LOVE IT !

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 11:25 AM
much better speed at this time of day...thanks a bunch...

I got on by typing www.chiefsplanet.com then added that 2 my favorites.

using the old link i just get a message that says the board has been disabled for maintenance, no error messages yet

hawaiianboy
08-01-2001, 11:30 AM
Though those big pics in guys sigs still load slow for me (dial up)... I wish those cats would make them a bit smaller.

Logical
08-01-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by hawaiianboy
Though those big pics in guys sigs still load slow for me (dial up)... I wish those cats would make them a bit smaller.

Hawaiianboy,

I believe in your profile you will find an option to have those signature pics disabled. I agree the huge size is annoying but with DSL load time is not an issue for me. If I had dial-up I would use that disable option.

Just a thought, by the way since this is a revised version of the BB since the weekend I am not sure that option is still available but you can check.

milkman
08-01-2001, 11:54 AM
On an unrelated matter, can somebody tell me what a trayclnt [not responding] is?

This is an error message we get on my wife's computer numerous times.
To continue any further, she has to end task twice, and hope she doesn't receive the same message.

Gaz
08-01-2001, 12:03 PM
I can log on to the BB, but I cannot log onto the Power Ranking or Pick 'Em areas.

Otherwise, I like the new digs.

xoxo~
Gaz
Marking his own little corner of the Planet.

Stryker
08-01-2001, 12:07 PM
It really does run faster!! I LOVE IT 2!

~Kudos Dave :)

htismaqe
08-01-2001, 12:18 PM
Milk,

That sounds like something running in the system tray, down by the clock in the lower right (you do have Windows, right?)...

Probably some bogus software that can be uninstalled anyway...

TexN
08-01-2001, 12:38 PM
The board claims that there are 41 users connected. It also says that the most ever online was 45 (back in May). I haven't noticed any performace degradation. This is awesome, considering the performance on the other server when more than one person wanted to look at the board. I, for one, am impressed. Super job, Dave.

Mark M
08-01-2001, 01:58 PM
This sucker works great here at work ... the home PC is where the true test will come in. I'll let you know.

About the pic in my signature: How can I make it smaller???

MM
~~Compooter Stoopid.

58Forever
08-01-2001, 02:02 PM
Now that I've found it, I think it is working great.

I had a bit of trouble using my old book mark...but I found the site and have remarked it...

:cool:

Dave Lane
08-01-2001, 02:16 PM
Mark M,

Look at -

http://www.kcinter.net/~networks/images/37forever.jpg

I resized it to 200 pixels about 10k. Still looks nice. Click on link then right click on JPG to save to your harddrive.

Dave

Logical
08-01-2001, 02:25 PM
Dave and Kyle,

The BB worked super all through the 11 to 1pm CDST time period. Great job. I got off the BB and came back on and did not have to re-register so that was probably just some weird happenstance.

Thanks for your efforts! :D

AustinChief
08-01-2001, 02:32 PM
I would like to reiterate something that everyone can already tell... but here goes.

Dave's ISP kicks butt! Great server and awesome bandwidth!

Thanks again Dave.

--Kyle

TexN
08-01-2001, 03:55 PM
A new record was set!

From the main page:
Most users ever online was 47 on 08-01-2001 at 03:07 PM

And the server took it all...like a Mexican prostitute. Not even a flinch!!!!

Outstanding.

BroncoFan
08-01-2001, 04:18 PM
Dave Lane,

Server ran great all day. Looks like you fixed the planet! A well deserved Bronco salute! thanks.