PDA

View Full Version : Are you for this or against this?...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 04:46 PM
Martz (HC Rams) said that there will be no more 2-a-days for his team. Just walk throughs, jogs, in the morning and practice in shells in the afternoon. He said he doesn't want to risk anything.

He announced this just hours before he realized the death of Springer. Weird huh?

Is this a smart thing to do, (not practicing normally) or will a team have set backs and not be prepared?

CG

thoughts?

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 04:48 PM
<B>I</B> think it's a great idea...get 'em in shape for the Governor's Cup game on 31 Aug.
Recommend we support their cause by shipping them a case of Jalapeno Cheese Balls for dietary supplements.

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 04:50 PM
I think it's a bad idea, personally. I think it will affect the development of the team. We'll see though, it might not matter at all...

My problem is that the Springer thing is going to be blown way, way, way out of proportion. That's not to demean the value of a human life or the pain of losing one, but the fact of the matter is that one man has died like this in how many years, and now people are questioning NFL camps? Springer is as responsible for this as anyone, coming into camp overweight every year and then overworking, and the training staff is as fault as well - there's no reason for this to happen with the things they had at their disposal. It's a tragedy, obviously. However, like so many things, it's the exception not the rule, but it's going to be treated like something that happens yearly in NFL camps.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 04:51 PM
LOL! That'll teach em'!:D Warrior!

But seriously, is Martz out of his mind or is it just me?

CG

you don't have to answer that:p

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 04:55 PM
I agree with what you said, Kyle. But Martz said this before he heard anything about Springer.

And FTR, (not being mean) but the media must be bored, it's popping up everywhere!!!

CG

thinks the media should leave this alone, I'm sure the family would like that:mad:

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:25 PM
They play 10 games minimum indoors, so the heat likely won't affect them like it would KC(although this thread conjurs up memories of Marshall faulk blowing chumks in the Arrowhead heat).

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 05:44 PM
Mi,

I think this will mess them up, not really offensivly, but defensivly. They have how many new starters on D?

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2001, 05:50 PM
I don't know why they are making this so hard. If you puke, your done for the day. Continue workouts as normal.

BIG DADDY

Doesn't really care if they ever work out.

One Arrowhead Dave
08-01-2001, 06:18 PM
Stringer not Springer!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:19 PM
Oops! Sorry!:eek:

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 08:11 PM
Cody,

I think it will hurt the rooks more than the veterans. Do the Rams have an indoor facility? A team that plays so many games indoors could have the advantage if they were able to practice indoors during camp.

Tomahawk 11
08-01-2001, 08:14 PM
I haven't been watching the news lately, but... was this guy not drinking any water? I just have this thought in my head that he was trying to stay away from water to lose his water weight. :(

mcan
08-02-2001, 04:23 AM
I haven't heard anything like that. Although, it may be true. It certainly would explain his core temp being 108 deg. It also may be that he was on some kind of (slim fast-like) diet. Those shakes dehydrate you, and for someone out in the heat like that, he may not have even known he was in trouble untill it was too late. :(