PDA

View Full Version : Did Oakland sell out for their playoff game?

Raiderhader
08-01-2001, 04:57 PM
The reason I ask is because today at work someone came through my line with a faiduh hat on, and I said "I bet you don't get much respect around town wearing that hat" he came back and said he does, that it is easy to get respect when they have beaten us the last three times. And then he said something about Chiefs fans only caring about their team when they are winning. So I shot back by saying I didn't remember the last time that Oakland sold out a game, and he said their playoff game last year. To which I smartly replied " oh, I see, only when they make the playoffs do they sell out", he came back and said something about the Chiefs didn't start selling out till they started doing good. I wanted to say then that his comment was out of line since I could say the exact same thing about his teams fans (actually more because even when they were winning they wouldn't go to the games), but he was walking away and I had other customers to take care of. But I got to thinking about it, and if my memory serves me correctly, they didn't even sell out for the playoff game did they, or is my memory not serving me correctly?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 05:03 PM
I think they did, raiderhader.

But barely.

Brock
08-01-2001, 05:35 PM
I have yet to meet a Raider fan who knows anything about football. In fact, from an outsider's perspective, they all appear to be about one evolutionary step above a baboon or other similar primate. I don't like them, and I view with disdain anyone who does. Oakland is a putrid city full of uneducated knuckle-draggers, and it smells awful in the summertime. I think San Francisco probably pumps their sewage into Oakland. Did you know Cornnuts are made in Oakland? It figures.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 05:46 PM
Oh man that is great, Brock!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Raiderhader
08-01-2001, 08:14 PM
To go along with what Brock said, this guy was a jerk. He gained an attitude when he started talking about this. Whereas I had no attitude whatsoever, I merely speculated as to the amount of respect he gets in town being a faiduh fan. And the guy had something all wrong, he is taking the silence of Chiefs fans as respect, that isn't the case. We know we can't say too much because they have beaten three straight times, but that in no way means we respect them - far from it actually.

Brock
08-01-2001, 08:34 PM
Oakland Raider fans always soil the carpets in homes they have been invited to, which is a rare occurrence in and of itself. Additionally, the furniture will have to be steam-cleaned with a Eucalyptus extract/Water mixture to rid the home of the unpleasant odors which emit from all Raider fans. My recommendation is that you avoid all contact with these sub-human purveyors of stink and filth. If you must engage a Raider fan in public, do so with Vick's Vapo-rub on your upper lip and stun gun close at hand.

Raiderhader
08-01-2001, 08:37 PM
I guess I had better stop by the store tomorrow on my way to work and get some vapo rub just in case.

LOL Brock! That last post was hilarious.

RaiderCorporate
08-02-2001, 11:35 AM
hader:

To answer your question, you were half right – the half about your defective memory not serving you correctly. All tickets for the playoff games versus Miami and Baltimore were sold; the stadium was filled to capacity for both games.

According to your story you fired the first verbal shot. Why get upset (“I wanted to say then that his comment was out of line") when he responded in kind?

When he walked away denying you your chance to keep arguing it was probably a blessing in disguise. You began poorly and your memory wasn’t working right. Likely you’d have done worse if allowed to keep arguing.

Mark M
08-02-2001, 11:53 AM
Good post, Corporate! Without that, we'd have to take Brock's post as nothing more than pithy commentary. With that, we now have proof that he is correct.

You should be proud of your playoff sellouts ... they are two of what, only three sellouts you guys have had since moving back to Chokeland? Great fans. :rolleyes: Maybe if you all weren't so busy dressing up like it was Halloween or pissing on others people would actually want to go to the games.

Of course, I hear the tickets are awfully expensive. I'm fairly sure most Chokeland fans are too busy spending their welfare checks on crack and Olde English than worrying about watching a football game.

MM
~~Hates the Faiduhs.

Logical
08-02-2001, 12:06 PM
God,

I hate having to do this, because it might just have been great smaq, but truthfully JQ (HawaiianBoy) is definitely one of the more knowledgeable football fans I have met on line and we all know he is a Raiders fan.

In general I agree that most Raiderfans belong in the football knowledge Hall of Shame but JQ definitely belies that characterization.

Giving the other side credit for at least a few knowledgeable fans.

Mark M
08-02-2001, 12:13 PM
Logical--
Great point. Hawaiiboy and Ugly Duck are both good Raider fans (that sounds weird, doesn't it?), just like MileHighMania is a good Broncos fan, Joe Seahawk Seattle, etc.

The problem is that most Raider fans know nothing about football. They are just Raider fans because of some pseudo-image that the Raiders are the bad boys of the NFL. And being a fan of an image, real or imaginary, is worse than being a fair-weather fan, IMO.

MM
~~Hates most Faiduh fans, but not all.

redhed
08-02-2001, 12:13 PM
I needed that laugh.

Lookin' out fer knuckle-draggers... :D

RaiderCorporate
08-02-2001, 02:54 PM
Mark:

It’s so common a talent for one to judge on the basis of four kicks which placekicker should be retained, or even more common, the ability to assert most people are this way or all people are that way. The Planet has more than enough of this common quality that you are but another drop in the ocean.

If your posts are evidence of Mark M football knowledge then consider the idea people you don’t know are probably laughing at you. Accept the assumption most Raiders fans you believe know nothing about football are laughing at you. Rest assured one Raiders fan is laughing at you.

Brock
08-02-2001, 03:25 PM
Undeniably, the reason Oakland seldom sells out for Raiders football games has to do with the intelligence of their fans and the corresponding income level that comes with it. Raiders fans, like most of the residents of Oakland, have a low standard of living. Driving a forklift in a frozen foods warehouse hardly pays enough to keep the wolf from the hovel door, much less pay for a frivolous item like Raiders tickets. As I am sure most of you have seen on television, the Raider fans who do forgo the fancy dinners at Taco Bell and Pizza Hut with the family so that they can afford to attend a game or two, exhibit subhuman behavior at every opportunity, especially when peanuts are thrown at them by the unfortunate network cameramen who are forced to endure the unnatural odors that pervade in a crowd of Raider fans. I would hazard a guess that if it weren't for public transportation, there would be no more than a handful of Raider fans in the "Coliseum" on any given Sunday.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2001, 03:30 PM
Brock,

I think its safe to say that you are one hilarious mother ****er:D :D

Joe Seahawk
08-02-2001, 03:57 PM
Found this on a different board...I found it kind of funny..

http://www.orangemane.com/images/IMAGE_MAIN/suck.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2001, 04:01 PM
That is funny:D

Raiderhader
08-02-2001, 10:43 PM
RC,
if you would have read my post thourghly you would have seen were I admitted to making the first comment, but I said there was no attitude behind it. You also would have seen were I said that his comment was out of line was because you faiduh fans are worse than we Chief fans. It was not out of line for him to respond to me, just out of line as a faiduh fan to comment on Chief fans going to the games. And it is a good thing he walked away, otherwise I would have totally humiliated a customer, and since my senior was right there, I don't think that would have been so good. 'Cause if he stuck around I was going to eat his lunch (that is when I would have told him that his comment was out of line, and who knows how else he would stumbled all over himself in reaction to that. Man I wish it could have happened!). With your post you have proven to be just like him, a typical half witted (if that much) faiduh fan who cares more about throwing insults around blindly hoping to hit a target, than thinking through what you will say so as to not make an @ss out of yourself.

Hader,
making fun of faiduhs should not be allowed, it is just to easy

splatbass
08-02-2001, 11:45 PM
I really, really hate to defend Raiders fans, because I hate the Raiders, and most of thier fans are obnoxious. BUT, I lived in the Bay Area for years, working a high tech, white collar job, so I can tell you a lot of Raider fans have good jobs, with educations and everything. And most of them don't live in Oakland, they live all over the Bay Area (it's a big place for those of you who have never been there). That said, most of them have real bad attitudes, and no respect for anyone else. I remember a pre-season game where they played across the bay at S.F. and there were a bunch of incidents of Raider fans throwing batteries, etc. at 49ers fans and it was just a meaningless preseason game against a team in the other conference.

Mark M
08-03-2001, 06:18 AM
Corporate--
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

First of all, you are the only being laughed at around here.

Secondly, if you are ready to talk about football knowledge, then you should show some yourself. You want to try me, fine, ask me something. Not some arcane, obscure trivia question, but some analytical premise or concept about the 3-4 vs. the 4-3, the West coast offense vs. the Air Coreyell (sp?), etc.

Oh wait ... you're a Raiders fan. Nevermind.

Just go away and try not to piss on anyone, throw batteries at opposing players, steal your son's Darth Vader outfit to wear to the games, or whatever the hell it is you Raider's fans do.

http://www.contrabandent.com/pez/contrib/dvv/boid.gif

MM
~~Saying buh-bye ... so buh-bye.

RaiderCorporate
08-06-2001, 11:04 AM
hader:

I read your post thoroughly and thought it through before posting. I don’t know if you can read your own posts as if you were a stranger, but if you could you would see your behavior with that customer was dripping with attitude. Your response to me only underscored what was evident in your topic narrative.

My post to you was intended as a small insult and there was nothing blind or hopeful about it. You were wrong to lose control in your workplace just because you saw a Raiders shield.

Mark:

Since I already informed you that I am laughing at you, your claim I am the only one laughed at here is obviously wrong. As for testing your football knowledge, I’ve already done that reading your posts to other people and that’s in part why I laugh at you. Thanks for the offer though.

Mi_chief_fan
08-06-2001, 11:10 AM
FaiderCulprit,

Why don't you just crawl under your bridge until the season starts? We really don't want you around until after the opening day beating your girls in black are gonna take.

Raiderhader
08-06-2001, 07:48 PM
Dude,
the problem is with the way you are reading my post, you are reading it as if I had an attitude when I said it - I didn't. It was said in a light hearted good natured way. All of the attitude was on the faiduh fans part (naturally). And to say that I "lost control" shows how biased and stupid you are. There is nothing in that post that would even come close to suggesting that I lost control. So why don't you and your momma go back to playing drop the soap and stay out of this, because you are only making a fool out of yourself.

chief52
08-06-2001, 08:36 PM
I am not sure, but I think that the Raiders sold out their home game against the Chiefs last year. I was there and know it was packed, but not positive it was a sell out...although I think it was.

RaiderCorporate
08-07-2001, 09:10 AM
hader:

Thanks for the advise about avoiding embarrassment. Please know I have the same, sincere concern for your well-being.

You addressed someone specifically about the Raiders shield he wore. You didn’t "speculate" about respect for the man’s wristwatch or respect for his choice of services or products purchased, you singled him out because he was wearing a Raiders shield. You didn’t ask if he received much respect for wearing the shield, you *stated* he received little respect for wearing the shield and you wanted to bet on it (“I bet you don't get much respect”). That’s an attitude. You claim you were good natured. Really? After the customer criticized cheeves fan loyalty and you noticed how the man “gained an attitude,” what did hader do? In good nature and under control did you stop yourself from adding fuel to the verbal fire? Your response was “So I shot back by saying…” followed by “To which I smartly replied…”

Then the verbal exchange stopped. Why? Did you decide to be the better man, recognizing the argument did not reflect well upon your business or on you in front of the other customers? Did you decide the argument might drive away future business from this man? No. You wrote that you stopped arguing because your target walked away, other customers were waiting and your senior was nearby. You further mentioned how you wished the man would have stuck around so you could humiliate him and "eat his lunch." No attitude there, right? In control? Hardly. "Gagged and restrained" is closer to the truth.

Thanks for sharing your story. It's been fun.

Ugly Duck
08-07-2001, 09:24 AM
Hey 52 - Yeah, the Chiefs game did sell out in Oaktown. Both playoff games sold out. The Bronco game sold out. There were a coupla sellouts that didn't sell out by the blackout deadline. Ticket sales have already picked up this year, so I expect that we'll see more sellouts. But remember - everybody loves a winner. If the Raiders read the glowing media reports instead of winning the games on the field, ticket sales will fall short again.

It won't take many televised home games to advertise what a blast it is to be a RaiderFan in Oaktown. I expect we'll see some "I'm only here to see Jerry Rice" folks. Stock tip?....invest in Silver and Black face paint.....

58Forever
08-07-2001, 11:45 AM
There is one game the Raiders sell out every year...the one they play at Arrowhead....

I find it quite interesting in a topic about which fans are most knowledgable, the raider fan tries to sound like ****ing Albert Einstein...problem is it shows and the spellings incorrect too...:D

When I get mad at someone who's telling the truth...I don't pretend I'm smarter then they are by writing like a ****ing english teacher...I start using gutteral profanities and verbal threats...

In the case of most raider fans that's all they understand anyway...so if I were to get in a verbal sparring match...I'd probably lose them after using the first two syllable word.

I love it, a month from opening day and the smack has begun...

You know the season is near...:D :D :D

Raiderhader
08-07-2001, 04:38 PM
RC,
first of all, do you actually expect me to believe that you are concerned about my well being? I offered friendly advice to which I actually hoped you wouldn't listen to. And obviously you didn't.

You didn’t ask if he received much respect for wearing the shield, you *stated* he received little respect for wearing the shield and you wanted to bet on it (“I bet you don't get much respect”). That’s an attitude.

No it isn't, it is a frendly observation. If I had said "A filthy faiduh! I'll bet you don't get much respect around town wrearing that sorry a$$ed hat do you?", that would have been an attitude. I merely was trying to get a little conversation going because i get bored standing behind that d@mned register. You weren't there, you didn't hear my tone of voice, nor see my playful smile - so shut the he!! up.

My attitude was perfectly controlled throughout the entire exchange, I did not loose my temper, or start calling the dipstick names, I kept a smile on my face and kept the same tone of voice throughout. And yes I wanted to keep going, I was bored and there isn't much else (whith the exception of a good political argument) that I enjoy more than throwing a little GOOD NATURED smack around with sport rivals. So you, as well as all other faiduh fans, can kiss my a$$.

Hader,
now I got an attitude

Warrior5
08-07-2001, 04:48 PM
We're still a month out, but break out the body armor and kevlar helmets!

NaptownChief
08-07-2001, 05:07 PM
You guys are really taking on one of the elite minds in Raiderdom....First off he has a computer which puts him in the elite 2% of the silver and black, secondly he can actually log on to the internet so that elevates him into the top 1%...

You guys be careful, this is not your typical brown bagged 40 drinking, knife packing thug you are dealing with. This is a honorary genus in the Silver and Black bubble....:D

Phobia
08-07-2001, 05:19 PM
careful, jl80, you and pineapple won't be buds anymore. :D

Raiderhader
08-07-2001, 05:42 PM
JL80,
that would put him in the catagory just above monkeys right?

Ugly Duck
08-18-2001, 09:36 AM
Hey......Come to think of it - The Raiders sold out half of their games last year. Ten games were played in Oaktown and five were sellouts: Denver, KC, Jets, Miami, and Ravens. Before that, there was a streak of 24 non-sellouts. Half is better than none - and it will be better this year.

Also, I heard that the NFL keeps records of the number of fights in each stadium, and Oaktown rates way down in the bottom third in # of fights. More peaceful than 2 out of 3 NFL venues. Oakland has fewer murders and violent crimes per year than KC.

Gosh - what will people have to say when the peaceful Raider team in peaceful Raider Stadium in peaceful Oaktown sells out this year and STILL manages to sweep the Chiefs?

I am.....inhumane

chief52
08-18-2001, 09:46 AM
Uglyduck...

Over-Head
08-18-2001, 09:48 AM
while its unfortunate that (and man I hate to say this but its true) "most"...NOT ALL of us Raider fans are dumber than dirt,your digs in this thread are well deserved......(choking as I type)
I dont know how many times somone would enter the locker room only to be told "F*** Off you Quief/Donk/SeaHag etc.
As a rule I never insult another team in "their house" too bad more Raider fans wouldnt act the same way,maybe we'd lose the image of the "knuckle dragging, bottem feeder, low IQ, know nutten bout da game anyway " reputation.

And by the way,i'm not trying to "blend in and make friends here on your board,,,just staten it like it is"

chief52
08-18-2001, 09:50 AM
Uglyduck...

"Also, I heard that the NFL keeps records of the number of fights in each stadium, and Oaktown rates way down in the bottom third in # of fights. More peaceful than 2 out of 3 NFL venues. " END OF QUOTE.

Where exactly did you "hear" this??? In a crack house? Seeings as you live fairly close to the coliseum I would guess you have been there for a game. Do you actually believe that 2 out of 3 NFL venues are more violent than that?

I think your duck bill is lodged where the sun does not shine :D

Ugly Duck
08-18-2001, 09:55 AM
Hey 52.....I'm talking about fights in the stadium, not the area surrounding the stadium. Actually, the crime rate in the hood around Raider stadium is kinda high compared to others. But fights in the stadium? - one of the more peaceful in the NFL.

chief52
08-18-2001, 10:00 AM
Duckbill;

You still did not say which crack house you heard that in. It is shear 100% Bull !@#$ ... That has never been stated anywhere or by anyone other than you. Totally clueless Duckbill !!!!

Ugly Duck
08-18-2001, 01:31 PM
Yo 52....100% bull$%!T is a reach at this point - I think the most you can say so far is that my claims are unsubstantiated. The NFL Stadium Crime Risk Report is at capindex.com. We've already gone over the fact that KC has more murders than Oakland elsewhere on this board. Hold on....I'll go dig up some stats for you.....

Ugly Duck
08-18-2001, 01:41 PM
52 - here's one form '91 ......large cities ranked by crime rate

Kansas City was #8 with 13,198 crimes per 100,000
Oakland was #16 with 12,186

Hang on, I'll go find the more up-to-date murder thing.... (Dang! that KC is one viloent place!).

Ugly Duck
08-18-2001, 01:59 PM
Here's something a little more recent (1999).....FBI puts St.Louis at top of the crime rate list - Kansas City at #7 (much like the 1991 data). Holy Moly! Both St. Louis AND KC are way up there in the violent crime stats! You guys should move out here to Oakland where you can feel safe!

http://www.newstribune.com/stories/060599/sta_0605990020.asp

DanT
08-18-2001, 02:09 PM
I saw a Royals game in Oakland three weeks ago and had a good time. The natives were actually quite polite. There was a curious occurrence in between one of the middle innings, though. A guy in the bleachers strode to the end of a row of seats and waved a 49ers flag around from a very conspicuous location. I watched him the whole time without thinking much of it. Meanwhile, the fans near where I was sitting behind 3rd base started chattering like enraged orangutans. Then I realized that most of the fans throughout the stadium were chattering like enraged orangutans--impotent, enraged orangutans, actually. For a second I wondered what the hell was going on, were bananas being tossed into a trash compactor?, but then I overheard a fan say "Oooga-booga, ooga-booga, 49ers flag, ooga-booga!" and realized that the chattering was from fans feeling insulted by the sight of a man waving a 49er flag in their stadium and nothing being done to stop him. Of course, the man doing it was well-built and was supremely confident that no one was going to do anything about it (not that anyone should, of course ;) ). Still, it was very interesting. Anyway, that experience plus the televised images of all those costumed geeks at Raiders games last year makes me think that the likelihood that a visiting fan would be harmed at a Raiders game is about the same as the likelihood that William Shatner would be harmed by fans at a Star Trek convention if he rudely yelled at them "TO GET A LIFE!" :)

chief52
08-18-2001, 02:12 PM
Uglyduck...

"Also, I heard that the NFL keeps records of the number of fights in each stadium, and Oaktown rates way down in the bottom third in # of fights. More peaceful than 2 out of 3 NFL venues. " END OF QUOTE.

You seem to be dodging the issue, duckbill! Still no source for this absurd claim of your's! Could it be that it is total B.S. eniterly fabricated by a duck with his bill lodged? Unbelievable!!!

Ugly Duck
08-18-2001, 02:56 PM
Hey 52 - you win, I concede. My quote starts with "I heard that" because I have not actually SEEN the CapIndex's "NFL Stadium Crime Risk Report." You can buy it at http://capindex.com/default.htm for $165 if you really want it. I'd rather lose a debate with you than shell out the bucks. I didn't make it up, just heard second-hand info (hence the "I heard" intro).

chief52
08-18-2001, 03:08 PM
No problem, Duck. Enjoy debating with you. I figure you have been to Raider games as I have. It is a pretty violent place at times and in sections. I do not wear any Chief stuff...it just makes it easier to relax and enjoy the game...although not last year's :mad: Unfortunately all stadiums have gotten way to violent, but I doubt very, very, seriously that the Coliseum is one of the most peaceful in the NFL!!! It just is not so. You have been there. Would you believe a study if it stated that? Raider fans get wound up, lets face it. They may not be as big in number as some teams, but they are fanatical there is no doubt about that. The Raiders have some real die hard fans and some...yes, the minority for sure...carry things way too far. The fans I sat next to in the season ticket area last year could not have been nicer. I left with a Raider sticker on my back...but it was all in good fun!

Over-Head
08-18-2001, 03:20 PM
I read a peice somwhere that Grudens family were sitting in the "black hole"and they even felt a bit intimadated.
I kant remember the artical but i'm sure that was the jist of it.
I'm a die hard Raider fan,but i'm also somwhat scared of going to a game due to "reported" fights etc...I know theirs a certian leval of emotion running through the crowd...but for this "Wuss".(hey,the last fight I had was in grade school 25yrs ago)..I cant for the life of me see why supposidly "grown" people would get so wrapped up it ends in "fist a cuff's".

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2001, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by OVER-HEAD
I cant for the life of me see why supposidly "grown" people would get so wrapped up it ends in "fist a cuff's".

Some fans are disillusioned, because they live through the players and their accomplishments.

Over-Head
08-18-2001, 03:30 PM
true CP...and I realized whatb I said after I posted the thread...but I guess IMO it all boils down to (and not picking any piticular teams fan out here folks)....Instant azzhole,,just add booz.