PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Connor Barth a.k.a the biggest steal in this year's draft

Priest4Prez
01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Connor Barth

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Wilmington, N.C.

High School:
Hoggard

Height / Weight:
6-1 / 190

Position:
Place Kicker

In 2007, Connor Barth proved to be a very worthy kicker for his tar heels. He was 19/21 this year on FG's, both misses came from 50+ yards. and his long for the year was 51 yards. He suffers from LTS (Lawrence Tynes Syndrome) and misses PATs. But that is coachable. his accuracy is execellent and would be a great assest to the team
He is a Team leader. He is also one of the most accurate place-kickers in the country.

The Franchise
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
How was your sweet sixteen party?

Priest4Prez
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Since everybody is talking about "drafting for need" I thought i'd mention the greatest need for the KC chiefs, the place kicker.

cdcox
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
This thread advocates a kicker.

Supposedly one of Herm's priorities is to get a new returner.

Another thread suggested FB and blocking TE candidates.

What's funny is that this team doesn't even have decent people in the secondary roles.

ChiTown
01-22-2008, 10:05 PM
This thread advocates a kicker.

Supposedly one of Herm's priorities is to get a new returner.

Another thread suggested FB and blocking TE candidates.

What's funny is that this team doesn't even have decent people in the secondary roles.

funny=sad=pathetic=Carl Peterson

Valiant
01-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Connor Barth

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Wilmington, N.C.

High School:
Hoggard

Height / Weight:
6-1 / 190

Position:
Place Kicker

In 2007, Connor Barth proved to be a very worthy kicker for his tar heels. He was 19/21 this year on FG's, both misses came from 50+ yards. and his long for the year was 51 yards. He suffers from LTS (Lawrence Tynes Syndrome) and misses PATs. But that is coachable. his accuracy is execellent and would be a great assest to the team
He is a Team leader. He is also one of the most accurate place-kickers in the country.

So he misses Xp's, but accuracy is excellent?? Unless we can find a FG kick that can boot kickoffs 6-8 yards deep almost every time then we better not draft a kicker..

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-23-2008, 01:44 AM
i hate kickers. i hate drafting them too.

BWillie
01-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Who's that kid from Baker? I thought there was some kicker from Baker that has been bombing 65 yarders with ease. The only reason he's there is because he used to play soccer, and one day just decided to give kicking a football a try. I saw something on the news about him. It was something else.

EyePod
04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
We signed this guy per KFFL Forum!!!

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 08:26 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F44bLc6t7-I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F44bLc6t7-I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

EyePod
04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F44bLc6t7-I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Wow... LET'S GO BARTH BURGER!!!!!

Arrowhead Pride
04-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Can anyone provide a link to this signing?

Thanks.

xbarretx
04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Who's that kid from Baker? I thought there was some kicker from Baker that has been bombing 65 yarders with ease. The only reason he's there is because he used to play soccer, and one day just decided to give kicking a football a try. I saw something on the news about him. It was something else.

your correct actually, they had an expo on him in one of the alum mags. (yes i got my Bach from Baker and am now working on MBA)

http://www.kicking.com/members/view.asp?id=doerflerhouse

DEREK DOERFLER

and it was a 62 yard FG ;)

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Basically, we're going to vomit every time he attempts a kick.

KcMizzou
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
He is a Team leader. He is also one of the most accurate place-kickers in the country.Really? A kicker?

Hell, I'd say it was a moronic concept, if it weren't for our punter. He seems to fit right in.

blueballs
05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
TOP OF THE MORNIN'
Chiefs undrafted rookie getting a kick out of workouts
By JEFFREY FLANAGAN
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs undrafted rookie kicker Connor Barth understands that Chiefs fans are probably a bit squeamish when they hear the words “rookie” and “kicker” in the same sentence.

He knows the tale of last year’s drafted rookie, Justin Medlock, who was so bad he lost his job in September.

“Yes, I did hear about it,” Barth said after one of the Chiefs’ OTA workouts last week. “I guess he was kicking really great in the OTAs and in training camp and then came the games, and I guess he wasn’t mentally prepared for it.”

Barth, from North Carolina, vows he’ll be different. Not that he’s trying to sound cocky, but …

“I think my strength is staying positive under pressure,” he said. “It comes down to just relying on the same leg swing for every kick. That’s my strength, I think.”

Barth said he may not have had a lot of game-winning kicks for the Tar Heels, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t under pressure.

“Well, we weren’t a great team when I was there,” he said. “And we didn’t score a ton of points. It’s not like we were Louisville and we’d score 70 a game.

“Every field goal mattered to us, so it was pressure. We had to have those three points.”

Barth nailed 54 of 71 field goals during his career as a Tar Heel, with a long of 54. Leg strength, he said, isn’t a problem.

“I feel confident that I should hit anything from 55 and in,” he said. “I’ve hit from 60 in practice, but you don’t get asked to do it that much during games.

“The big thing is you really want to be consistent from 40 to 49. That separates the good kickers from the average ones.”

Barth will have his work cut out for him at the OTAs going up against veterans Nick Novak and Billy Cundiff.

“I’ve got to show something because they’re only going to take two out of three to training camp,” Barth said.

And though Barth knows it’s a long shot to become the Chiefs’ kicker, he also understands that becoming a kicker in the NFL takes patience and determination.

“There’s only 32 jobs out there,” he said. “People don’t have backups. But the league is full of guys who were cut early on and caught on with someone else. You just hope to hang long enough to get yourself on film and then keep plugging away until you stick somewhere.”

Not the NFL

Yes, the “American Idol” thing was a big deal in Kansas City. Tuesday night’s show on Fox posted a 19.2 rating in Kansas City, while Wednesday night had a 23.1 rating.

Those are great numbers, but consider that the lowest Chiefs rating during a dreadful season last year was 24.5 for the game against the Lions. Even the Chiefs’ season finale against the Jets drew a 27.4.

To reach Jeffrey Flanagan call 816-234-4492 and leave a message or send e-mail to jflanagan@kcstar.com

blueballs
05-27-2008, 04:20 PM
This pic bposted in black and white
so as not to scare childern and small pets

Mr. Arrowhead
05-27-2008, 04:30 PM
is it me or does every photo the kc star puts off on a chief player makes them look like they are on Americas most wanted

Micjones
05-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Hopefully we've found a 10 year answer to our Kicking situation.

R&GHomer
05-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, I hope this guy pans out. We haven't had a kicker worth a shit since Nick left.