PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Hard Knocks on HBO?

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 11:14 PM
I don't have much to say other than I thought it was interesting to watch. I like Tony Siragusa even more now than I did after be pancaked noodle-arm, and I have a little more respect for Shannon Sharpe than I did before watching (that dude works hard).

Poor rookies...

Frazod
08-01-2001, 11:18 PM
I figure I'm not going to watch anything about the Ravens or that turd-muncher Grbac. Too bad it's not about another team, any other team (except, of course, the Broncos).

Come to think of it, I wonder why it wasn't about the Broncos? I wonder if their "media darling" image is slipping a bit. God, I hope so.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 11:19 PM
What went on?

CG

didn't see it:(

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 11:20 PM
Tim, there was no Grbac whatsoever on the show (except a brief shot at the end of a bunch of players walking off the field).

I missed the first 5 minutes, but other than that, the show focused on Tony Siragusa, Brian Billick, Shannon Sharpe, Todd Heap and a few other rookie/FA guys I'd never heard of.

Frazod
08-01-2001, 11:30 PM
No Grbac whatsoever? I like that concept. Perhaps I will check it out. I'm sure it'll be one again 50 times this week.

The Bad Guy
08-01-2001, 11:31 PM
I thought it was a great piece.

I too have a lot of respect for Siragusa. You can't help but love that guy after watching that.

The QB that was on the show, Orentge Jenkins, was released earlier in the day. When you throw a 5 yard pass short to a wide receiver you should be cut immediately.

It was painful to watch that guy throw a ball during that segment of the show.

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 11:34 PM
That's gonna be the tough part to watch, because you know several of the guys they focus on (like Jenkins) won't make it...

I'm rooting for the linebacker guy, but don't think he has a chance.

One Arrowhead Dave
08-02-2001, 12:32 AM
The rookie QB Jenkins from Arizona looked horrible.
All Tony S. did was complain. Shut him up.

Fat Elvis
08-02-2001, 12:37 AM
Jenkins is already gone. He was cut today.

Archie F. Swin
08-02-2001, 07:12 AM
I thought "Guse" was funny as hell, but he seems to be the kind of person I could only stand to be around for about 2 minutes.

maybe because I'm 5'10", a buck 90 and flabby.

aturnis
08-02-2001, 11:36 AM
I could care less about how hard Shannon Sharpe works, after what he did to my hero, and favorite player for years Derrick Thomas I will never again respect the guy.......

HC_Chief
08-02-2001, 11:58 AM
Siragusa is the single most overrated DT in the league. That fat tub of obnoxious was totally worthless throughout his entire career. He spends some time on a great defensive <i>team</i> that wins a SB, and suddenly he's a great player? Sorry, not buying it. I cannot stand the guy. All of his b*tching & whining about having to go to camp made me want to puke.

Did you see Rod Woodson's house? :eek: Holy *%^&!! I went into the wrong line of work...

Shannon Sharpe works very, <i>very</i> hard. He may be obnoxious, but he is a character and team leader - that much was obvious from this short. I never liked the guy, but I've always respected him. Even moreso now.

Ray Lewis posing for the cameras & trying to act like some nice, upstanding, peaceful Christian was hilarious. What a phony.

Todd Heap's wife is friggin' HOT! Really, really, REALLY hot... maybe even as hot as Stoyo's wife

Billick is a jackass. I hope the team falls flat on it's arse just to spite that prick.

I most enjoyed the parts about the undrafted and late-round players... the guys who <i>really</i> want to be there - who just want to play the game. It's not about the money and fame and presteige to them - it's all about the game.

Sherm Lewis should be a HC somewhere... period. The man is intelligent, well spoken and knows his sh*t.

In all, it was entertaining stuff. I will definitely continue to watch.

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 12:07 PM
Aturnis, you don't have to like a man to respect him.

hawaiianboy
08-02-2001, 03:54 PM
Wow, I finally had the chance to watch the tape of it and I'll echo most of what HC said....

I never liked the Goose, and it had nothing to do with playing the Ravens... He's never respected the game IMO... returning the Lombardi trophy dented and with food stains for one, and his whole sh!tty attutude for another.... The fact that Billick has to beg him to weigh in every year is sickening... I would hate to be his camp roommate...

Sharpe has a big mouth, but no one can ever argue his dedication to the game... I'll take 50 Sharpes on my team, plus he's pretty damn funny...

Ditto on Hokie Heaps wife being a hottie!... He should have left her at home though and not brought her to the camp hotel... The vets will set homeboy straight though....

Ray Lewis has some awesome footwork on the field... another cat I'd love on my team...

I'll definately follow the series...

One Arrowhead Dave
08-02-2001, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by hawaiianboy
Wow, I finally had the chance to watch the tape of it and I'll echo most of what HC said....

Ditto on Hokie Heaps wife being a hottie!... He should have left her at home though and not brought her to the camp hotel... The vets will set homeboy straight though....

She is most definatly a beautiful girl. He should have left her at home.

I was sickened by Siragusa's complaining, attitude, and yankee peckerhead vibe. He was real cool with his superbowl ring on his middle finger and boating with a bunch of guys.