PDA

View Full Version : Ok...all Are Talking About Trent's Knee, But What About Gannon's Shoulder??

tommykat
08-02-2001, 12:14 AM
Sorry for all the caps,
But do you think Gannon is going to be 100% this year with a shoulder injury like he got last year?
And we worry about a knee??:rolleyes: I understand the knee thing, but.........shoulders and throwing.........HUM:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2001, 12:16 AM
All caps?

You have been drinking!

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 12:18 AM
Not like it matters - Gannon's shoulder at 100% still only equals about 50% in comparison to any other NFL QB. In any event, all they ask him to do is throw 10 yard ducks, and he could probably do that left-handed...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2001, 12:23 AM
Kyle

:D

tommykat
08-02-2001, 12:28 AM
Alright guys............why all the crap about drinking tonight?;)
zzzzzzz's am I boring you all? I just happen to be hyped about what I got for the Foundation auction today and OK I had a coulpe of beers tonight. But I can't take to much...a couple and I get pretty goofy.

So???:D

morphius
08-02-2001, 12:32 AM
Keg - On occasion I have even seen him throw it granny style (underhand). But your thinking matches mine perfectly.

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 12:32 AM
Careful, kat. Mi Chief Fan and Aturnis will be on your doorstep later if you're not careful...

;)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2001, 12:35 AM
I'm just playing around with ya, kat;) :D

JMO, but I think Gannon will have an injury rittled season. He's gettin old, as well as that team, and they don't have enough ben gay to spread around.

CG

oh well, at least they can take advantage of being senior citizens and get free fries at Burger King...

I've tried that before, BTW.:D

tommykat
08-02-2001, 12:40 AM
OK Keg if you all think you could handle it bring it on...:D
Personally? I think Tony G. needs to come to MOMA....LOL:) :D ;)

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 12:43 AM
Hah, no, I wasn't volunteering for anything, just reminding you of your admirers from the photo thread.

My fiance is probably working on the Locker Room Show this year, maybe I can hook you and T-Gon up if you're really really nice. :p

tommykat
08-02-2001, 12:47 AM
Keg,
I'm nothing but a nice lady....;) I'm just thinking he needs a surogate Mom in MO.:D

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 12:48 AM
Sure, sure, a likely story...

Surrogate mom indeed. :rolleyes:

;)

tommykat
08-02-2001, 12:53 AM
Well? Sounded good didn't it?:rolleyes: OK so I just thought so. :D You all have fun......kittie needs sleep so I can mow tomorrow early before I die in the heat! By the way, if I do send Tony for CPR.......:D :cool: :D

Night

hawaiianboy
08-02-2001, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by morphius
Keg - .... But your thinking matches mine perfectly.

Kyle.... I think you've just been insulted .....

Come on guys....

1) Bring the smaque level up or get some help from Injun and HC... The season is almost here!....

2) Someone hook a brother up with the secret decoder ring needed to understand Tk's posts.....:D

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 03:14 AM
I'm not really one to talk much smack, JQ. I think he has a weak arm...

Now, I think Oakland runs the perfect system for a quarterback of his lackluster physical skills, one where you basically run the ball into the ground, extend the handoff with short passes and occasionally throw up a long duck to keep the defense "honest" but don't think for a second I'm either impressed or intimidated by Gannon. In my humble opinion, the credit regarding your offense should go to the offensive line above all. Tyrone Wheatley and Charlie Garner are a bit lower on the totem pole, above Brown and Rice. And I think 'noodle-arm' Gannon is somewhere below all of those folks, slightly above the tight ends and fullbacks.

His "intangibles" are decent, I think, although I believe he was exposed somewhat in the AFC Championship game, but all-in-all I don't think Oakland has anything particularly special behind center. It's a nice story in that "Steve Beuerlein" sort of way, you know. The career back-up gets his day in the sun and all that, but he's an average, at best, quarterback in my humble opinion.

And I should probably remind you that, in case you take this the wrong way, I came to KC after the great Gannon/Grbac debate, so this isn't sour grapes from a p!ssed-off Chiefs fan, I've just never been particularly impressed by the guy. I simply think he's extremely blessed to have landed in the most perfect possible situation for him, and I congratulate him for taking advantage of it...