PDA

View Full Version : How are things in RamsWest.

StLouisBob
08-02-2001, 09:37 AM
Hows DV doing? Any tears yet. No I did not come here to flame. However I did notice a certain hatred towards the Rams. I mean on one post a guys has a cartoon figure pissing on a Rams helmet. Boy thats mature. Probably has the same mentality as those RedNecks who have a guy pissing on a Ford emblame as they drive a Chevy or a Dodge.

Anyone have tickets for the Rams/Chiefs preseason game. I hear that they have about 200 left. I will be out of town so I can't go.

HOw's Green doing? Even though he plays for the Chiefs I hope he is successfull I have met him a couple of times and he is one of the nicest professional athlete that I have ever met. Him, Warner, JD Drew, Willie McGee, and probably Alber Pujols are among the best as far as being friendly.

Hobgood/Chittick is he going to make the team? ANother nice guy.

Taje Allen, you better hope he gets cut. If he makes your team that will show you that they do not have that much talent.

You guys should not be upset about Sly Morris getting injured. Tony Horn can fillin nicely. He never had a chance with four great receivers in front of him.

Well I look forward to your responces. THis is a pretty good BB. Good luck.

Superbowl Pick: Rams vs. Tenn. Rams 42 Tenn 24.
Remember you heard it here first. Later

KCTitus
08-02-2001, 09:43 AM
if'n yer really interested, try the chiefs tc website:

www.uwrf.edu/Chiefs

Something tells me you're not so, I'll suffice to say that it's better than Marty/Gun et al. At least KC has the hope that things will improve with a coach that has proven 2 times that he can take a team to the SB.

StLouisBob
08-02-2001, 09:53 AM
Its all about getting the players. I don't care if your Vince Lombadi if you don't have the talent you wont win. I beleive that the CHiefs will turn things around, however it will take a couple of years. Your GM Peterson has put the CHiefs in a serious cap hole. I think I read somewhere that the CHiefs have the worst Dead Cap money in the NFL. (Dead Cap money is money that counts against your cap and the player is either playing for someone else or has retired) ONe thing that the Rams did was they put a talented Accountant in charge of handeling the cap, not some ex-football coach who knows good players and not money.

Hey" If Dick can do it with the Rams he can do it with any team.

Phobia
08-02-2001, 10:00 AM
Welcome Bob

Nice post!

I'd love to have you contribute to this board - however, if I see the kind of thing you posted on Pigskinpark and kansascity.com, I'll ban you in a heartbeat. This is a new place and a new start, so let's keep it fresh, ok?

My honest opinion is that the Rams won't even win the division. As difficult as the AFC West is, I beleive the NFC West will be the toughest division in Football this year.

Phobia
08-02-2001, 10:01 AM
Actually, I'm quite sure that the Cowboys, Niners, Cards, and Skins have us beat in dead cap money. The skins have $7mill for Sanders alone.

bishop_74
08-02-2001, 10:02 AM
Not a hatred towards the Rams so much as a new rivalry. We have endured quite a bit of smak on the other boards from a team that we beat last year, and nedless to say, it left an impression.

ExtremeChief
08-02-2001, 10:08 AM
Welcome Bob,

Yep, I'm the immature guy your speaking of...I do have a piss on work, gone Paintballin sticker on my 4X4...

As for the pissin on Rams in my signature, I'll be glad to change it if you want to send your girlfriends picture to my email...

welcome buddy!!

KCTitus
08-02-2001, 10:28 AM
I beleive that the CHiefs will turn things around, however it will take a couple of years. -- I think you'll find that most of us here agree with that statement as well. See my sig for our most glaring problem.

Your GM Peterson has put the CHiefs in a serious cap hole. I think I read somewhere that the CHiefs have the worst Dead Cap money in the NFL. --Once again, you'll find that most of us again agree with that statement as well and while I appreciate the definition of 'dead cap' money, I think you'll also find here that most of us understand what that means. BTW, KC has the 3rd worst not worst and with the cuts made this year KC has saved roughly 7M against 2002's cap. So bottom line here is KC's taking their cap lumps this year and moving on.

It remains to be seen just what talent KC does or doesnt have to be quite honest. Last year, there were 3 games that were lost as direct result of the coaching staff and their decisions. That's a difference of going 10-6 instead of last years 7-9. It's understandable if the talent fails and loses games, but it's another to have a coaching staff that does it as well. The same could be said about the Jan 2, 2000 loss to the Raiders. Had KC won that game they would have won the division and made the playoffs. All KC needed was one first down to kill the clock and the game was over, instead, Gun decided and admitted later in the press conf, that he wanted to give the ball back to the defense which had already given up 35 pts to Oakland and Gannon was ripping to shreds.

Gaz
08-02-2001, 10:28 AM
Vermiel has energized a team and fan base that was stupefied by two years of Stooges. Although I wanted us to give the job directly to Saunders, Vermiel has the Super Bowl cachet we needed after Gunther and his exhibition of the Peter Principle. It appears to have been a good decision on Carl's part and I may yet have to say I was wrong on this issue.

We need a DT in the worst way and we would also benefit from a RB upgrade. We also need time for the massive overhaul of our team to fall into place. We are a year and a good draft away from the playoffs.

As far as hatred of the Rams is concerned, I don't think that is true. There were a number of Rams fans who generated a lot of hostility with their "you will give up a 1st & 3rd for Green" tirades and lame smack. The fact that they had the gall to post smack after the drubbing their team received in Arrowhead added injury to insult. If you don't have scoreboard, you should aim your trash talk somewhere else, IMO.

BTW, Bob, "Ram's West" falls in the "lame smack" category. Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention would see that we are not going to be Rams West. No team has the unique combination of a dome [anathema to any real football fan] and the softest schedule in recorded history that propelled the Rams to the Super Bowl. You might want to mentor under Hawaiian Boy of Mile High Mania for some smack tips. See how it is done and then put your own St. Louis spin on it.

I am still unsure about Green. There is no doubt that he is an upgrade over Grbac in the areas of PR, leadership, quotes and an up-tempo Offense. The players like him and most of the public loves him. That knee worries me almost as much as the backup QBs behind that knee. Brister or Collins? Poke in the eye or kick in the shins?

Once we got Vermeil, there was no doubt we were going to get Green. It was a package deal all the way. I am glad Carl put an end to that silly "1st & 3rd" nonsense, but it was inevitable that Vermeil was going to get Green. And I suppose it is only fair that the HC get the QB he wants.

Bottom line: We are rebuilding. We dumped our entire coaching staff and several players. We made the moves to cut the dead cap problem in time for next season, when we will contend for the playoffs. This year is for steady improvement, next year is for the playoffs.

xoxo~
Gaz
Growing a thick skin.

Warrior5
08-02-2001, 10:29 AM
We recently finished a fire-fight, so trigger fingers are still itchy.

Chiefs do have some dead cap $, but if anything, it's an upside from here forward. DV unquestionably had input in this area; frankly, I think he's saved CP's butt. Chiefs should be sitting pretty next year concerning cap.

You're not an Indian who's offended by the term "Chiefs", are you?

Mark M
08-02-2001, 10:38 AM
Oh great ... the elitist prick made his way here. :rolleyes: After some of your comments at the park, I don't hold that much hope for you here ... your true colors will come out.

SuperBowl prediciton:
Rams vs. AFC team
Rams 0, whomever plays for the AFC, 54.

MM
~~Knows Bob's modus operendi, and doesn't like it.

Lightning Rod
08-02-2001, 11:35 AM
It is kind of funny. Right before the Rams won the SB there was an article in the star mentioning all the former players/coaches and staff on the Rams that were previously affiliated with the Chiefs. Guys like Saunders. Some folks were calling St. Louis KC East. The fact of the matter is that the very nature of professional sports has radically change over the last decade. You don't see the George Bretts of the world playing their entire career in one place. You don't see Falk with the Colts. Trent Green Started with SD. You build a core of talent and in 3 or 4 years you start over. This allows for a quicker turn around of a team but makes the Chance of a team like the 70s Steelers pretty unlikely to ever occur again.

Rod-
Kinda misses the old days.

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 12:14 PM
You know, if the thread has started with anything other than "how are things in RamsWest" I might have given him a chance...

Mods, keep an eye on him. He'll start with the sugar but get pretty sour pretty fast if you let him. He's been involved with a lot of p!ssing matches on other boards, and it's pretty clear what his intent is by the thread title, despite what he says in the post... :rolleyes:

If he wants to talk football fine, but I don't want to see any more of that St. Louis vs. Kansas City crap popping up here. Period. Let's try to keep it cordial.

Packfan
08-02-2001, 12:44 PM
St Louis Bob,

I want to congratulate your Rams for completely bending over the Chiefs in the Trent Green trade. I believe that the Rams picked up Trent Green as a free agent. So did the Redskins prior to his arrival in St. Louis. I also believe that Trent Green was 8-11 as a starter. It would probably be a safe bet that if nobody was interested in trading for Trent Green, he would have been cut at some point this year or certainly before next year.

The Chiefs seemed to be the only team seriously interested in TRADING for Trent Green. The Bucs and Ravens, both super bowl contenders, got their QBs for nothing (its no wonder those teams are in the playoffs every year and the Chiefs havent won a playoff game in 8 years). I will take Brad Johnson and Elvis Grbac over Trent Green.

The Chiefs are desperate for a defensive tackle, cornerback, and runningback. Unfortunately, their top two draft picks went to your squad in exchange for a backup QB and a burned out head coach. Not exactly the most efficient way to build a winner. The Chiefs should have passed on Vermeil, passed on Green, hire some young coordinator from a good program, and drafted either a running back or DT this year. Then sign Buerlein and plan to be in the same drafting position next year. THEN get Trent Green for nothing.

Again, congratulations to the Rams. The rich (Rams) get richer and the mediocre (Chiefs) stay mediocre.

I hope that answers your question.

keg in kc
08-02-2001, 12:46 PM
Ahh, I was wondering when "he who speak many words but say little" (moniker given in honor of yesterday's "Indian" troll thread) would show up.

Lzen
08-02-2001, 12:52 PM
Packfan,
You are an idiot. After this season you won't be able to make those ignorant comments of yours. You will have to succumb to the fact that the Chiefs are an up and coming team. The stooges are gone and this team is well on its way. By the way, I believe Trent Green had a much better qb rating last year than Brett Favre.

Mark M
08-02-2001, 01:00 PM
Packfan and Bob, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ...

Good to see Kenney found a friend ... and he didn't even have to tie a pork chop around his neck.

:rolleyes:

MM
~~Hates trolls.

htismaqe
08-02-2001, 01:01 PM
Oh my God,

The Bucs and Ravens, both super bowl contenders, got their QBs for nothing (its no wonder those teams are in the playoffs every year and the Chiefs havent won a playoff game in 8 years).

A wise man once said "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove it."

redhed
08-02-2001, 01:06 PM
The Chiefs should've hired "some young coordinator from a good program". Please tell us who, oh uninformed one.

DV is a "burned out head coach". He is?!?!? Damn, why didn't somebody tell me about this?

"Then sign Buerlein" Buerlein?!?!? :D Thanks I needed a good belly laugh.

"No soup for you!!", Puckfun.

Somebody tell this guy to go do some more homework.

StLouisBob
08-02-2001, 01:20 PM
Why am I stealing, if I am a Rams Fan?

I left my computer and my brother thought it would be funny to post on pigskin park the gay thing. Personally I am homophobic I don't want any of them around my two sons.

I don't have a girlfriend but a great wife. Do you got a rebel falg too?

Real Football.

Yea, I admit I have flamed a little, but hell its the off season and it gets boring sometimes. The Cardinals are .500 and not playoff bound. (However they will be back) KC's Shortstop looked pretty good last night playing for the Braves. Is Carl Peterson running the Royals also?

To the PackerBacker "Do you really want to know what a PackerBacker really is?" Green is a great QB who has been stuck on some bad teams, before he came to St. Louis. Grbac can throw up some good numbers but his biggest problem is hte fact that "HE IS NOT A CLUTCH PLAYER" I hope Green succedes due to the fact that he is a great guy. He is a St. LOuis local who went to Indiana. IF the front line plays better than last years Rams O-Lind did "They were all injured bad last year except for Pace" he will do great. THe Martz, West Coast, Air Coryel, Don James or whatever you want to call it offense does not put a lot of p[ressure on a B to make plays, just find the open guy. Hell there will be 4 WR and one RB to catch the freaking ball.

Headed to Busch Stadium to watch the 3rd place Cards sweep the Braves.

How much smack can I give before I am kicked off?

Iowanian
08-02-2001, 01:23 PM
You guys should really back off Packfan. His intellectual witt is well documented in his weekly column. I know genius when I read it:

Packfan says: http://www.theonion.com/onion3631/drive_short_bus_myself.html

~thinking I may have to drag the shortbus sig back out....with the usual riders, Falstaf, maybe stbob and a couple others...I may have to take 2 trips.

htismaqe
08-02-2001, 01:45 PM
The would have been perfect if he would have said "sometimes I take my Green Bay Packers hat"... :D

Mark M
08-02-2001, 01:45 PM
For a picture of Packfan, just check out the "Photos" link, then go to the second page. It should be up by tomorrow.

:D

MM
~~Just trying to help.

VAChief
08-02-2001, 02:13 PM
I wonder if A's fans found it necessary to pronounce the Redbirds A's Midwest, or even something more personal such as "Trailer Park Tony." I'm a Cardinal fan Bob so no need to throw any Royals misfortunes my way, just thought you should get a dose of reality. When coaches move they most likely start with what they are familiar, coaches, players etc. In the Cards case we got Tony Larussa and he brought in Dave Duncan, Eckersley, Huneycutt, and later McGwire. Conferring redneck status to those from KC reminds me a little of the pot and kettle analogy.

Packfan
08-02-2001, 02:31 PM
St Louis,

You can talk as much smack as you want. I talk smack, but try to back it up with facts. For instance, Trent Green was a free agent twice, thats a fact. You cant argue it. Another fact, he is 8-11 as a starter. When most Chief fans are confronted with facts, they either poke fun at you or say something stupid. One guy here on this thread suggests that Trent Green is a better QB than Brett Favre. Now, he does use a fact in that Green had a better passer rating last year, but fails to see any creedence in the fact that Favre has won 3 MVPs, has started 141 games in a row, been to two Super Bowls, and has NEVER had a losing season. Pretty silly, isnt it?

I think Green is a good guy also. I just think the Chiefs could have waited and gotten him for nothing. You dont give up the 12th pick in the draft for a journeyman QB thats started exactly 19 games. Thats assinine. There are many reason why the Chiefs are mediocre. This is a main one: Piss poor trades/personnel decisions.

Green may end up putting up decent numbers, but again, he and others like him, are FREE each and every off season. There was no reason to panic and give up the 12th pick in the draft for him.

bkkcoh
08-02-2001, 02:33 PM
Packfan:

I think Green is a good guy also. I just think the Chiefs could have waited and gotten him for nothing. You dont give up the 12th pick in the draft for a journeyman QB thats started exactly 19 games. Thats assinine. There are many reason why the Chiefs are mediocre.

How many teams had Favre played for and how many game had he started before he landed in GB??

Mark M
08-02-2001, 02:40 PM
I talk smack, but try to back it up with facts.

http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif

Kenny, you only know like four facts:
1. The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 8 years (and it's been, what, five for the Packers?).
2. Trent Green's record as a starter (a take, BTW, that I agree with).
3. The Chiefs have drafted players that didn't work out (like every other NFL team)
4. The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 8 years.

Everything else you state on this board is your opinion. One of these days, you just might figure out the difference.

MM
~~Knows the difference between a fact and an opinion.

dtebbe
08-02-2001, 05:30 PM
Perhaps we should ask how things are in RAMS EAST, considering the Rams West moved to St. Louis. The closest thing to Rams West I see might be the faiders. In honor of such and being a "total child", I submit:
http://tkohosts.com/peeguy.gif http://tkohosts.com/raiderssm.gif

DT