PDA

View Full Version : New Feature

AustinChief
08-03-2001, 09:58 AM
Would anyone fiend it useful to have a section where users could enter "Chiefs-Friendly" bars into the database?

Users could then search for bars near them or with certain characteristics...

Any ideas? Useful?

--Kyle

AustinChief
08-03-2001, 10:04 AM
BTW... if anyone sees a user named Mike... he is a developer that is helping out and writing scripts for us now... so if you have any ideas you can post them or send anything that you don't want made public...directly to him...

--Kyle

P.S. Don't worry... we won't junk up the site with useless stuff... but with the new server (Thanks again Dave!) we can do ALOT more without affecting performance!

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 10:10 AM
a voting system to rate certain topics. This would indicate if the topic was excellent, good, decent, or poor.

Mike
08-03-2001, 10:12 AM
In addition, if anyone has any suggestions for useful features that the community might enjoy, please include it in this thread (or send to me or Kyle). We can take all of the reasonable requests and vote.

FYI: There has been some discussion about creating a QB1 style game within the CP community. We would love to have all of your comments about if and how this would work.

Enjoy.

Mike

AustinChief
08-03-2001, 10:13 AM
CP...actually the rating system is a feature already... I just have it disabled... if enough people want it we can put it back in... the only problem is that this BBS is so active that it doesn't usuallly apply here... and it kinda junks up the thread list... but like I said if people want it...then we shall have it!!!

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 10:21 AM
A joke page for Chiefs Planet that members can submit. This would be another idea because of the Friday Goof off thread.

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 10:28 AM
Another idea that would surfice could be bringing out a feature that shows the Las Vegas odds for each game.

AustinChief
08-03-2001, 10:38 AM
Keep the ideas coming!!! We can vote on the ones we want to do...

How about Mike's QB1 idea? Kindof, call the plays on game day for points...

--Kyle

OK and who are the jokers voting for "What's a bar?"

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 10:49 AM
I like QB1 idea but I wouldn't be able to participate ,because I would be watching the game instead.

Another idea would be a poll on the front page to select the Player/Coach of the game.

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 10:53 AM
Here's one, at the end of the season members can vote for The Chiefs Planet Awards for various categories.

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 11:03 AM
The Anti- Rufus Dawes commentary, perfect job for Packfan.

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 11:12 AM
Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame and Shame for players, coaches, and members that we vote on. Shame could be Troll Hall of Fame

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2001, 11:28 AM
Spotlight Player(s) or Position(s) of the week.

Iowanian
08-03-2001, 12:07 PM
1.Anna
2.Kournikova
3.Shower
4.Webcam

~a man has to have goals. ;)

htismaqe
08-03-2001, 12:10 PM
Maybe it's just because I'm from Iowania, too, but I agree with Roy...an Anna webcam would be awesome...we'd probably get 1 million hits a day...

BIG_DADDY
08-03-2001, 12:14 PM
I like the odds idea. I wish we had gambling competition available with a little PLAY money to start you out with. Say $500 - $1,000

BIG DADDY

Thinks that this would be the all time coolest feature. :D

Iowanian
08-03-2001, 12:22 PM
I think a "hall of fame" or "greatests posts, one liners" on the board would be cool...Don't know who would decide or how, but some truely great stuff comes out of some of these jokers sometimes.

maybe just a "post of the week"

Don't know if they'd be as good "out of thread context"....

~brainstormin'....exit calmly to your designated storm shelter.

BIG_DADDY
08-03-2001, 12:30 PM
Well the coolest feature other than the wecam. :D