PDA

View Full Version : Ravens FA QB struggles in scrimmage...

LMT
08-04-2001, 10:28 AM
Since things are a bit slow around here, I did some checking on a former Chiefs player in the Baltimore Sun...

Before 12,000 fans at Western Maryland College, first-year running back Jason Brookins and first-round tight end Todd Heap delivered the highlights while the veteran free-agent additions of quarterback Elvis Grbac and right tackle Leon Searcy provided forgettable exits.

The offense downed the defense, 16-12, in an intrasquad scrimmage measured more on performances than the final score....

...Grbac was less than spectacular in limited action, ending his only drive on an interception by linebacker Jamie Sharper. The mistake came on a play-action pass, and Grbac admitted that he didnít notice Sharper dropping back until the last second.

Grbac, a nine-year veteran from Kansas City, finished 1-for-4 passing for 19 yards.

"I was disappointed," Grbac said. "Thatís not the way I play and itís difficult. I only had a couple of snaps and to have that turnover ... thatís not typical of my play. Itís just one of those things that happen. Thatís not the Elvis Grbac that I know. It was a good play by Jamie."

bishop_74
08-04-2001, 10:48 AM
Not typical??? I think I remember on a couple of occasions where an interception or 2 happened at key moments. But I am not obsessing with the past... :p

Dave Lane
08-04-2001, 10:51 AM
Did he have the look yet/ You know that slack jawwed, open mouth, fly catching look with his helmet halfway up his head. Oh how I won't miss seeing that look this year. Typical Grbac all the way.

JOhn
08-04-2001, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by LMT
"I was disappointed," Grbac said. "Thatís not the way I play and itís difficult. I only had a couple of snaps and to have that turnover ... thatís not typical of my play.

WTF???

Does this guy think know one remembers? He MUST have a split personality!!!!!!

Bwana
08-04-2001, 11:51 AM
Old deer in the headlight must have thought he was in the two minute drill.

thehead
08-04-2001, 11:53 AM
:eek: This is too funny can't wait for S Sharp to start with the press .:D

bishop_74
08-04-2001, 12:03 PM
http://www.ravenszone.net//images/2001Trainingcamp/Grbac_redman.jpg

HYUCK HYUCK!!! Hey there young feller, what would you say if I was to squeeze your hindquarters right now???

thehead
08-04-2001, 12:16 PM
LOL great job on the pic that's toooooooooo funny grbac makes it to easy :p

tommykat
08-04-2001, 12:25 PM
The Picture is to funny!:D Like the idea of what was said about hummm(as in clearing my throat) need a little help son. Pat the ole butt Elvis....:D

Seems he sorta stepped outside of himself for the game and talk saying "that's not the Elvis I know"....LOL...:eek:

bishop_74
08-04-2001, 12:54 PM
It's unbelievable how bored I get at work on Saturdays. Glad I could share that with you. :D

redhed
08-04-2001, 03:41 PM
Looks like the "sexiest man in football" is up to his old trix!

Vindicator
08-04-2001, 04:14 PM
Ted Bundy always claimed he played football, now we have proof! Too funny.:eek:

DaWolf
08-04-2001, 06:11 PM
C'mon guys, give Elvis a break! He's still developing as a QB, and he gets better from every mistake. I mean, consider the fact that he didn't spike it on 3rd down. That's a major improvement from last year! :)

I personally went back and looked at film of Grbac's mistakes last year, and found out that most of them were because he wasn't even looking at the reciever when he was throwing the ball! This is because Grbac suffers from a form of attention deficit disorder, so we can't really blame him for his inadequacies. We'll blame the recievers. They shoulda tried harder.
http://www.kcstar.com/photogallery/photos/2camp2000/06grbac.jpg

Overall, I think the Ravens are getting a QB who is on the verge. I think Elvis has the charisma to win over his teammates in BMore. I'm sure his lunch with Shannon Sharpe and Ray Lewis went over very well the other day.
http://www.kcstar.com/photogallery/photos/2camp2000/1grbaccp.jpg

:D

tommykat
08-04-2001, 06:23 PM
Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz DaWolf,
You almost had me there for a minute~
:p

Tribal Warfare
08-04-2001, 07:36 PM
Grbac is 30 years old and he's not a developing QB, and he's at his plateau. Grbac won't get any better.

Zebedee DuBois
08-04-2001, 09:00 PM
It is funny, especially the pic......

....but TC interceptions and blunders don't mean squat at this point. Things are gonna be shaky now. Green has not been picture perfect in our camp either, but I expect great things later on.