PDA

View Full Version : How will the first posession end on Sunday night...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:08 AM
for the offense? Just for fun...
and the winners get an all expense paid trip to the Super Bowl in January, paid by AustinChief!;) :D

TD

int.

fumble

field goal

punt

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:21 AM
The Redskins.

Marty and the stooges are coming back to town.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:21 AM
Next Sunday. I'm getting anxious.

Rausch
08-05-2001, 02:23 AM
I don't think this game will go well...

I don't think that any of the current players have anything to prove to Marty..

However, I think Marty does have something to prove to the KC front office....Carl anyway....

I think the 98 Chiefs.....er.....I mean Redskins will take us both games....

keg in kc
08-05-2001, 02:26 AM
Well Cody, if Washington gets the ball first you'll see a 7 yard run by Stephen Davis, followed by a -3 yard run by Donnell Bennett, in tern followed by an incomplete pass (or an interception returned for TD) and then, to cap it all off, a punt. Washington, welcome to the wild, wonderful world of Martyball.

If we get the ball first, based on what I've seen so far, it'll be an interception because DA will have broken his route off midstream while scratching his head and asking Gonzo "where was I supposed to be again?"

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:30 AM
Kyle,:D

But what I meant was when they(O) get the ball for the first time, whether if be, kicked off to us, or etc.

I meant for our offense, not RedChiefs.

keg in kc
08-05-2001, 02:32 AM
Brad, in all seriousness, I think we'll lose the preseason game, but beat them in Washington. The question isn't what Marty has to prove to Carl, it's whether Marty can somehow make the stooges better coaches than they are, and I don't think he can. People were kind here compared to the kind of criticism Raye and Kurt are going to get if they perform in DC like they performed here...

Marty vs. Vermeil is a legitimate title fight.

I think Raye/Kurt/Stock vs. Saunders/Robinson/Ganz will be a slaughter.

I could be wrong...

Either way, too bad this is an early-season game - this would have been a great contest for November or December.

keg in kc
08-05-2001, 02:33 AM
I know, Cody, I said we'd give up an interception.

I don't think our offense is going to look very good during the preseason.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:39 AM
Oops. Sorry Kyle.

I'm the only one, so far, that chose TD.:D

Although, you could (and probably are) be right about our O struggling in the preseason. DV said he wants the starters for O and D to play a half, to get the new system down, etc.

I hope we score a touchdown (whether it be on O or D), that would be the perfect way to start this season!

Although, last year started with a touchdown, and we all know how it turned out:D Doesn't matter though, this staff is not last years staff. (pray)

CG

hoping for the best:)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:43 AM
Oops again. You already know about the starters and their roles in preseason.

Rausch
08-05-2001, 02:47 AM
Keg,

In a Marty vs. DV bout I'd give the edge to Marty(but ONLY in this game. He does have something to prove, and at this time, he may know our team better than DV does. Over the course of 3 years I'd GAURANTEE DV has more success.)

Current Chiefs staff vs. Vanquished Chiefs staff...what, are you kidding!?!...first round TKO Tyson style by the Current staff in KC...

Talent of players.....I'd give the Edge to the Redskins...Due to old but outstanding talent on the D and Stephen Davis is the Marty-back he always wanted. Close game, but his secondary is stocked, and our recievers will be out of position a few times at least due to learning a new system.

We loose the battle, but win the war...:mad:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:50 AM
I'm gonna get some Zs.

night yall

keg in kc
08-05-2001, 03:07 AM
Brad, I judge the talent a little differently:

D-line: even or slight advantage KC. Advantage KC on the ends. Even at tackle. I think we have better d-line depth, believe it or not. Lots of rookies at tackle in DC.

Linebackers: even or slight advantage DC. I think our backers are better than we give ourselves credit for, but Arrington and Barber are both very good young players.

Secondary: even or slight advantage DC. Washington clearly has a better set of cornerbacks, we have superior safeties in my opinion. This is hard to judge for me, because I honestly don't know how good/bad our corners will be.

O-line: advantage KC. great tackles, solid interior (could be very good depends on Wiegmann - I think Spears will be good). Raymer and Samuels are good enough, but some other folks need to step up.

Receivers (TEs): advantage KC. We're hurting depthwise, obviously, but Alexander and Gonzo alone are better than anyone DC can put on the field. Westbrook is decent when he's motivated and healty, the rest of their guys are solid, but unspectacular.

Backs: advantage KC. Davis may (or may not) be better than any single back we have, but as a group we're better. Holmes and Richardson will be very good together, and we should have sufficient depth based on reports of camp performance (need to see more in the preseason, Blaylock especially). Washington has Davis and ... ... ... Michael Bates is a decent pickup, but realistically, they're pretty much Stephen Davis and a bunch of also-rans.

Quarterbacks: even or slight advantage KC. I like Green over George in a big way (just a personal thing, I guess). Backups, respectively, are Todd Collins, Bubby Brister and Ryan Helming vs. Todd Husak, Sage Rosenfels and Mike Watkins, so it looks like both squads are praying the starters make it through the season unscathed.

I like the way we stack up talent-wise, so I like our chances, but I'm not sure we'll be ready (even by week 4). We have a lot of work to do, but I don't believe there will be a lot of changes in Washington...

Rausch
08-05-2001, 03:14 AM
Keg,

I'd agree with you on all points except RB...I CAN'T BELIEVE you don't conceede that EASILY to the Foreskins.....

Davis is a stud(and a fantasy stud for me two years now) who is the prototype Marty-back. He breaks tackles, sees the field well, and break the big one...PLUS he has a nose for the endzone.

Our backs rateing all depends on Holmes. Cloud is a never will be, Mureau is potential on a team that doesn't like "his type" of runner, and Holmes is being questioned more and more each day as the every down answer.

T Rich is an all world fullback or a barely 1,000 rusher. I'll take the all world fullback. We will need to address hb in the draft next year and I can only pray a guy with half the potential of McCalister is even in the draft in 2002....

keg in kc
08-05-2001, 03:29 AM
Brad, I see very little difference between Davis and T-Rich. Davis is a converted fullback, and watching the two of them over the last four years I basically consider them equivalent. Neither is particularly adept at lateral movement or quickness, but Richardson has better speed, better hands and is a better blocker. Now, if I had to pick one I'd obviously take Davis because he's younger and he's had to opportunity to show his skills, but I think we underestimate what Tony would have been capable of in the right situation.

Honestly, if you ask me which backfield I fear more, Holmes and Richardson or Davis and (pick your DC fullback), I'll pick Kansas City. We have two backs who will be interchangeable, for all intents and purposes. They'll both be splitting out at receiver, both in motion and both running the ball from halfback. You never know which guy will be doing what from whichever position, and it will be yet another logistical nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators (I don't think this aspect of the offense has been covered much on the board yet, but this is something both Holmes and T-Rich have talked about locally - another big change from St. Louis' look).

People are expecting St. Louis from us, but they're going to get something way, way different. We'll have twin TE formations, and we'll have twin RB formations. A lot. We're going to have people moving all over the field. We're going to have Gonzo lining up at receiver, TE, H-back and fullback. We're going to have backs lining up at HB, FB and motioning to WR. They're going to see power runs from us and they're going to see finesse plays. They're going to see all sorts of WR formations. All of this will combine to make everyone on the field better, I think, including our backs, and I think because of the flexibility it will give us, we'll find that teams like Washington will be a lot easier to shut down (running game) than we are.

And another thing that shouldn't be downplayed: Davis really doesn't have much of a line blocking for him the way it looks right now. They've got a long way to go to bring the "hogs" back.

lakeman
08-05-2001, 07:54 AM
I don't know why some people think Marty has something to prove to Kansas City. He got caught tipping a waitress at Tanners to much. Or it could have been to little, I don't know Marty that well. Anyway he tucked his tail between his legs and left because he knows the press in this town. He is a good solid football coach who has always used the pre-season to evaluate talent. And remember he has the Stooges now!!!!

Zebedee DuBois
08-05-2001, 09:04 AM
I foresee 3 first downs, followed by an short pass, stuffed run, and an incomplete pass. Result: Field Goal by Peterson.

Any other scenario is just as plausible.;)

silveradoHD
08-05-2001, 10:32 AM
I think we score a touchdown because no one has seen this offense before and we will surprize them. After that who knows.:cool:

everyone's mom
08-05-2001, 10:58 AM
Right before kickoff, Gunther will parachute from a crop duster, landing on the 50 yd. line. Using a blow gun made of pvc pipe, Gun will drill CP right between the eyes with a dung-tipped needle. Then, using a Katell Sing-Along-Kids plastic microphone, Gunther will sing "I Did It My Way," before beating himself up to death. From the tears he sheds over his own demise little purple flowers with Gunther shaped petals will grow from the grass at mid-field; Nothing Groundskeeper Toma will do will ever kill or eradicate these flowers, they grow until Arrowhead becomes an archeological dig by the cosmos ruling Proplanatoids. Afterwards, there wil be fireworks.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 10:28 PM
LOL! everyone's mom!!!:D

creative:)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-12-2001, 01:12 AM
Just bringing this post back up because of tonights game.

CG

keep voting, I'm interested to see if the polls lie:D

Rausch
08-12-2001, 04:38 AM
Everyone's mom is TOO F*****G FUNNY!!! :D

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 08:34 AM
Hey Keg and Brad, I'd give the edge to the KC running backs.

Stephen Davis is by far the best of the bunch, but we all know he'll run for 19 yards. Then Marty will take him out of the game and run it 2 times with Bennett and punt.

Fat Elvis
08-12-2001, 08:42 AM
I don't know how much stock I would put into the first possession (or any of the possessions for that matter)...I mean, c'mon, we're talking about a Kurt Schottenhiemer coordinated defense that we'll be going up against.....:D