PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help...

bishop_74
08-06-2001, 12:05 PM
I have an enteprenuer class that I am taking and I have been brainstorming for the last month for something to do my final project on. Obviously, it needs to be something original that no one else has come up with. Try to think of something that you all have wanted, and can not seem to get your hands on. It can anything from a service to a product. I think this board is actually the best place to ask due to diversity and intelligence. Anything would help. Even if it is something you think that others could have a demand for. I am trying to find my niche here.

Also, there are no demographic constraints, so if you think of something that might be important to another ethnic group, age group, "sex" group, etc. I would be glad to hear it. Thanks in advance for all the help fellow Chief fans. :)

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2001, 12:13 PM
NFL and MLB the full entirety of Hall of Fame autographs

Mi_chief_fan
08-06-2001, 12:13 PM
How about cologne that attracts women and also stimulates their sexual hormones?

Of course, i'm married, so i'd just use it to tease a few of my co-workers. ;)

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2001, 12:14 PM
The Force

Mark M
08-06-2001, 12:14 PM
How about a Chiefs Super Bowl Victory?

I'm sure there's a market for that! ;)

MM
~~Sorry he can't be of more help.

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2001, 12:16 PM
omniscient knowledge

Bob Dole
08-06-2001, 12:20 PM
Bob Dole has always wanted to find an engineer to help Bob Dole produce ssome product prototypes...

Novelty:

A flexible strip of green LEDs 5 to 6 inches tall in various widths that correspond to automobile rear window widths. Attached to the strip is a small keyboard. Function keys could contain pre-programmed, user customizable messages (like "Get off my a$$" or "Here's my phone number...") and the keyboard would allow ad-hoc messages to be typed in and displayed.

Useful:

Someone should develop a reliable laser/radar gun that incorporates an accurate bar code reader. License plate renewal stickers would contain a barcode that would be read and used to automatically look up the registration and licensing info via the patrol car's onboard computer. Laser/barcode may not be the way to go...maybe some sort of device similar to those used for PikePass systems that Bob Dole assumes use some sort of radio/microwave signal. (Tons of market potential on this one, IBDHO.)

Mi_chief_fan
08-06-2001, 12:21 PM
Whatever it is that pimps tell their girls.

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2001, 12:21 PM
mind control

bishop_74
08-06-2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mi_chief_fan
How about cologne that attracts women and also stimulates their sexual hormones?

Of course, i'm married, so i'd just use it to tease a few of my co-workers. ;)

You don't want to touch this man. I have that problem everyday. Women follow me around all day and bark and drool and claw. It's pure hell while I am at work, and when I get home, all the fiance can talkabout is how I smell like perfume and saliva. I'm telling you man, you don't want any of this. ;)

CP, sounds like you need to be calling Cleo, the fortune teller from TV. She is in the middle of a huge lawsuit, but I am sure she could find it in her heart to help you out.

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2001, 12:25 PM
It just depends the type of women you're attracting. :D

Mi_chief_fan
08-06-2001, 12:33 PM
Does Bishop's Girl know this? ;)

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2001, 12:35 PM
Hiedi Klum, Jessica Alba, Playboy's Playmate of The Year Brande Roderick as "friends". ;)

bishop_74
08-06-2001, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Mi_chief_fan
Does Bishop's Girl know this? ;)

Unfortunately yes. Did you think that was a tatoo of a handprint across my face? :D ;)

BowtieGuy
08-06-2001, 12:38 PM
If you live in Kansas City have you ever been to "Car is the Star"?
It is a store (or used to be, is it still there?) that has all kinds of automotive collectibles, such as die cast cars, back of a 57 Chev turned into a couch, etc...

Now marry that with a high performance speed shop.

All of us Gear Heads would be droolin'!

This is actually a business plan that I have spent a lot of thought on, but alas, no capital to even think of making a beginning with.

~dreamin' again...:rolleyes:

bishop_74
08-06-2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by BowtieGuy
If you live in Kansas City have you ever been to "Car is the Star"?
It is a store (or used to be, is it still there?) that has all kinds of automotive collectibles, such as die cast cars, back of a 57 Chev turned into a couch, etc...

Now marry that with a high performance speed shop.

All of us Gear Heads would be droolin'!

This is actually a business plan that I have spent a lot of thought on, but alas, no capital to even think of making a beginning with.

~dreamin' again...:rolleyes:

Why don't you go buy a book on small businesses, or entrepenuership, write up a business plan, go to the bank, and make your dream come true? You only get one life, that is a very attainable goal. It would be a lot of hard work, but the rewards would more than make up for it. I think you ought to go for it.

Mi_chief_fan
08-06-2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by bishop_74

Unfortunately yes. Did you think that was a tatoo of a handprint across my face? :D ;)

It could be, just so she could practice her aim, you know, so she could consistently hit the same spot.

KS Smitty
08-06-2001, 12:59 PM
A soft bathtub.

BowtieGuy
08-06-2001, 01:07 PM
Actually I have done a lot of what you just suggested and the business idea is a lot more developed than what I posted here.

However,

The banks want some sort of capitol investment and I just don't have any resources available. My only relative with any money at all is retired and doesn't want to risk his retirement--and I don't blame him.

It is still a far off dream now...but who knows down the road a few years?:)

Iowanian
08-06-2001, 01:08 PM
I've had a couple Ideas.....the Japanese probably already have it though.

1. The Potty Peddle 2010
~this simple gas shock hinge and peddle attach to the common toilet seat. You step on the peddle, the lid raises and you do your thing. Upon completion of this necessary activity, the gas shock automatically lowers the seat. This gets women off our arses about leaving the seat up.

~Have you ever seen firefighter races? a keg is hung on an overhead wire and 2 opposing teams try to "push" it beyond the other line with the hose? I think something should be added to the bowl for "entertainment value.......I'm thinking plastic Raider/Bronco helmets you could use for a urination version of "SINK THE Cheerio" ;)

2. For Bars/restaraunts/bachelor pads where the "guys" often visit.

~I would like to invent an electrified "pad" to place around toilets and urinals. Those who piss on the floor either on purpose or not standing close enough to the plate for bat length would be delivered a "corrective therapy" shock.

~Tired of standing in piss at the bar.

Bwana
08-06-2001, 01:20 PM
Bishop: Try this: :D

http://trivia.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Ftotallyabsurd.com%2Fabsurd.htm

Numerous ideas for your inventing pleasure.

morphius
08-06-2001, 01:21 PM
Morphius thinks people from Iowa, not only have the god awful, slowest, most painful, speed limit in the midwest, but also think about bathrooms and going piss way to much.

Phobia
08-06-2001, 01:24 PM
Morph,

I'm from Iowa and my speed limit is 70 in most spots, 80-90 being the "actual" speed traffic moves at - I have no complaints.

Warrior5
08-06-2001, 01:28 PM
Scent blocks for urinals that display the Raider and Donkey logos.

You'd make millions in KC alone.

bishop_74
08-06-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Warrior5
Scent blocks for urinals that display the Raider and Donkey logos.

You'd make millions in KC alone.

DING DING DING!!!
I think we have a winner!

Warrior5
08-06-2001, 01:33 PM
You can keep the patent, as long as you provide me a lifetime supply.

Iowanian
08-06-2001, 01:46 PM
warrior,

I think those should be marketed as
"Oakland Corporate Breath Mints"
or Bronco Soap Bars

Morph,
You'll have to forgive me....I attended a function this weekend that must have been visited by ALOT of Raider fans.....I've been in Dirt Hog Lots with less crap to wade through. How hard is it to hit the damn bowl?.!

I also agree with the speed limit. No reason for the 65 on the interstate......several HWYS are 4lane 65 now.....which helps....reduce fines.

Lightning Rod
08-06-2001, 01:52 PM
I've always thought that bulletproof starter-Jackets would sell well in Oakland.

morphius
08-06-2001, 01:53 PM
Kphobia - I'm just not looking forward to my drive up 35 this weekend up to the cities, I always see way to many cops on the interstate, just unlucky that way. Now if the speed limit is 70 I wouldn't complain, but damn there is nothing in Iowa really worth slowing down for.

Iowa - Just couldn't resist an easy shot...

Phobia
08-06-2001, 02:01 PM
Well, maybe they could change the speed limit higher and then lower it during sweet corn season.

Iowa Sweet Corn - worth slowing down for!