PDA

View Full Version : Obama on pace to raise $50-60M in February

Cave Johnson
02-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Reports are starting to leak out about Obama's fundraising numbers for February. Marc (http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/02/obama_on_track_to_raise_50m_pl.php) says it will be over $50 million, Patrick Ruffini (http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/2f592888-8ed6-47c6-b7b3-41049e529499) says it will be over $60 million. Either way, those are some massive numbers. It doesn't look like Obama's money advantage is going away anytime soon.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/

What's the over/under on Obama's public financing "pledge" being brought up. 5-6 posts max?

HolmeZz
02-22-2008, 02:31 PM
That's borderline silly.

Cave Johnson
02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
That's borderline silly.

That's what happens during silly season.

NewChief
02-22-2008, 02:39 PM
What a bunch of delusional sheep!

jAZ
02-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Reports are starting to leak out about Obama's fundraising numbers for February. Marc (http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/02/obama_on_track_to_raise_50m_pl.php) says it will be over $50 million, Patrick Ruffini (http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/2f592888-8ed6-47c6-b7b3-41049e529499) says it will be over $60 million. Either way, those are some massive numbers. It doesn't look like Obama's money advantage is going away anytime soon.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/

What's the over/under on Obama's public financing "pledge" being brought up. 5-6 posts max?

Hugh Hewitt's site is reporting an almost unattainable figure that would double the biggest ever set the month before?

Surely this isn't an effort to raise expectations.

Reaper16
02-22-2008, 08:43 PM
That's a crazy amount of money. That's just running up the score in the 2nd half LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Jesum crow.

Reaper16
02-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Is there any danger of the Obama campaign peaking too early?

Ultra Peanut
02-23-2008, 12:49 AM
SEE IT'S A CULT

NewChief
02-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Is there any danger of the Obama campaign peaking too early?

I actually do worry about there being some blowback, yes. I think some of the dangers that the Obamaphobes are pointing out are valid (people falling out of love when the warts show under the light of the right wing attack machine, the media starting getting tougher on him to make up for the perception that given him a free ride, a negative reaction to the perception of religious fervor among his followers, a desire to not be called a robot or drone for following him because we know how us Americans truly worship our notions of individualism). I just dislike that some of them are overstating their case and resorting to nonsense attacks to go along with their valid concerns. Much of that can be controlled by his campaign, though. They've just got to continue with their message and respond appropriately when the attacks start coming. So far, they've done an awesome job of parrying the attacks, but once the GOP is truly focused on him, the attacks will get much nastier.

|Zach|
02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
http://cagle.com/working/080220/brookins.jpg

Adept Havelock
02-23-2008, 02:41 PM
:LOL:

Also starring James Carville as Brave Sir Robin.

MurphDog
02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
So has that message of hope carried over to everday life? Or do we have to wait for Obama to be elected President before they take the hope Obama gave them and go out and started producing more than they are producing now?

NewChief
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
So has that message of hope carried over to everday life? Or do we have to wait for Obama to be elected President before they take the hope Obama gave them and go out and started producing more than they are producing now?

Heh. Interesting first post. Welcome to the Planet.

MurphDog
02-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Why thank you

patteeu
02-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Heh. Interesting first post. Welcome to the Planet.

By the time I read that first post, he/she had a total of 8 posts to his username. He also had 6 or 7 red rep beads. I read his 8 posts and, while he doesn't appear to be an Obama supporter, he didn't really say anything to deserve getting neg repped. I guess some of the tolerant, hopeful, Obama left don't appreciate it when a person doesn't drop to his knees and worship the Obamagod. I'm confident that you weren't one of these people, but we apparently have some thin skinned Obama fans in the house.

|Zach|
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
By the time I read that first post, he/she had a total of 8 posts to his username. He also had 6 or 7 red rep beads. I read his 8 posts and, while he doesn't appear to be an Obama supporter, he didn't really say anything to deserve getting neg repped. I guess some of the tolerant, hopeful, Obama left don't appreciate it when a person doesn't drop to his knees and worship the Obamagod. I'm confident that you weren't one of these people, but we apparently have some thin skinned Obama fans in the house.

I wonder if you can keep up this passive aggressive shtick for 4 years.

patteeu
02-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I wonder if you can keep up this passive aggressive shtick for 4 years.

Don't you find it pathetic that someone felt the need to neg rep this guy after only 8 fairly tame posts? Given that those posts were primarily aimed at Obama, don't you think it's a fair assumption that he was neg repped by an Obama supporter? Is it passive aggressive to point these things out or is this just another case of an Obama supporter reacting to someone who doesn't accept BHO's greatness as a given?

|Zach|
02-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Don't you find it pathetic that someone felt the need to neg rep this guy after only 8 fairly tame posts? Given that those posts were primarily aimed at Obama, don't you think it's a fair assumption that he was neg repped by an Obama supporter? Is it passive aggressive to point these things out or is this just another case of an Obama supporter reacting to someone who doesn't accept BHO's greatness as a given?

I would have a problem if I thought for one second this practice was limited to Obama supporters. Personally? I think rep is stupid and it has been many a moon since I have really given any. Even made a poll trying to get it booted. Some people use it instead of posts to voice disagreement...which IMO is pretty stupid. Not enough the gather any of your faux anger over it but pretty stupid none the less.

HolmeZz
02-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I used to get neg-rep when I'd make jokes about Paul.

patteeu
02-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I would have a problem if I thought for one second this practice was limited to Obama supporters. Personally? I think rep is stupid and it has been many a moon since I have really given any. Even made a poll trying to get it booted. Some people use it instead of posts to voice disagreement...which IMO is pretty stupid. Not enough the gather any of your faux anger over it but pretty stupid none the less.

If you don't want to answer, that's OK.

I don't see why it matters whether this is exclusively an Obama issue or not. I just think it's silly to try to punish the new guy for not being an Obamaton.

I used to get neg-rep when I'd make jokes about Paul.

I mentioned before that I see similarities between some Paul supporters and some Obama supporters.

For example, it's impossible to tell which of the two this guy supports ;)

http://www.oralchelation.com/wednesday/previous/images/dazed11.jpg

|Zach|
02-24-2008, 04:06 PM
If you don't want to answer, that's OK.

I don't see why it matters whether this is exclusively an Obama issue or not. I just think it's silly to try to punish the new guy for not being an Obamaton.

Obviously the question was answered. But your framing of the question and how it came up is much more interesting than my answer.

I think it matters because it just shows your hilariousness these days. You wouldn't be talking about it if it wasn't Obama related. I have said it before but there must be something right about everything that is going on. The fringe left and the fringe right are flailing around and gasping at straws. Watching Denise get even more bitter and you trying to find the smallest things and attempting to make them into big ordeals with this passive aggressive thing.

Fantastic.

MurphDog
02-24-2008, 04:27 PM
I must admit - I really didnt care about the reputation as I figured there were some Obama fans that didnt approve of my not stumping for him. The truth of the matter is that Congress is going to control any legislation and that McCain, Hillary and Obama arent really the 3 best candidates for this country. In addition with out changes in Congress no amount of hope or taxation or entitlement programs or wars or global warming is going to change much. Changing the POTUS isnt going to fix things - one person cant force change on a massive scale. change just to change is never a good thing either, none of these 3 have really outlined change that means a hill of beans other than trying to get the nomination.

Social security is bankrupt and no candidate has any plans to really address it - you either increase taxation to try and maintain the $27,000 paid to each recipient in 2007 or cut back benefits

The war in Iraq will not be cut short by a democrat - all three candidates can say what they want but its pandering to the vote. The US will be in Iraq and will have bases in Iraq as a means of attempting to maintain a foothold in the middle east. All three candidates understand the significance of this. Its another reason why Pelosi and Reid havent been able to address much when their only plan was to set a date for withdrawal, it was an attempt that was designed to fail. If they really were interested then they wouldnt keep passing the spending bills - dems and repubs are equally guilty.

The budget is through the roof and both parties are to blame, the repubs for going crazy and dems for continuing the spending increases - the budget will never decrease under either party.

Changing one person isnt going to change the actions by congress. SO if you feel the need to give me a negative reputation instead of addressing the real issues in these forums, then continue to do so instead of having an intelligent conversation.

Logical
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I must admit - ...
Changing one person isnt going to change the actions by congress. SO if you feel the need to give me a negative reputation instead of addressing the real issues in these forums, then continue to do so instead of having an intelligent conversation.

Whining about rep is worthy of neg rep.

MurphDog
02-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I am not whining about it, I could care less about, it shows who isnt willing to talk about the issues. If you want it blood red to the point you get a sunburn then go for it but it sure doesnt do anything to discuss the topic...

Adept Havelock
02-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm wondering if "Murphdog" is an alternate 'nym?

|Zach|
02-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm wondering if "murphdog" is an alternate 'nym?

That's another thing, there is always that suspicion of a new poster who immediately posts politics. Almost always ends up being a multiple account or user who used to be banned.

MurphDog
02-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Not banned and not another user, any admin can confirm that to you. How come you guys dont want to talk about the thread?

Is it that I dont believe in Obama?

Adept Havelock
02-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Not banned and not another user, any admin can confirm that to you. How come you guys dont want to talk about the thread?

Your opinion of Obama doesn't matter to me. Only my opinion of him matters to me. As he's not getting my vote, I don't spend much time thinking about him.

However, when someone drops out of the blue and starts posting on one or two non-football topics, it tends to make people wonder. :hmmm:

As Zach said, it's almost always an alternate 'nym of some form. Either way, it doesn't matter much to me. I was just wondering if I was the only one who had that thought.

BTW- I'm pretty sure the subject of the thread was Obama's fundraising. I guess I missed you initial discussion of that topic. ;)

|Zach|
02-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Other things come up in threads. You don't have to believe in Obama and are free to post whatever you like. Is there another angle of Obama raising so much money that we are missing?

MurphDog
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Probably not, just wondering how I became the focus instead of Obama...

Mr. Kotter
02-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Okay, okay....I admit it. It's me. :redface:

Dang, AH...you are quick, and good. Hopefully the wife only agrees with half of that...heh.

;)

Logical
02-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I must admit - I really didnt care about the reputation as I figured there were some Obama fans that didnt approve of my not stumping for him. The truth of the matter is that Congress is going to control any legislation and that McCain, Hillary and Obama arent really the 3 best candidates for this country. In addition with out changes in Congress no amount of hope or taxation or entitlement programs or wars or global warming is going to change much. Changing the POTUS isnt going to fix things - one person cant force change on a massive scale. change just to change is never a good thing either, none of these 3 have really outlined change that means a hill of beans other than trying to get the nomination.

Social security is bankrupt and no candidate has any plans to really address it - you either increase taxation to try and maintain the $27,000 paid to each recipient in 2007 or cut back benefits

The war in Iraq will not be cut short by a democrat - all three candidates can say what they want but its pandering to the vote. The US will be in Iraq and will have bases in Iraq as a means of attempting to maintain a foothold in the middle east. All three candidates understand the significance of this. Its another reason why Pelosi and Reid havent been able to address much when their only plan was to set a date for withdrawal, it was an attempt that was designed to fail. If they really were interested then they wouldnt keep passing the spending bills - dems and repubs are equally guilty.

The budget is through the roof and both parties are to blame, the repubs for going crazy and dems for continuing the spending increases - the budget will never decrease under either party.

I have no idea what makes you the clairvoyant that can tell us what is going to happen. This is not a discussion of the thread topic but you telling us what we should believe.

As to the thread topic if you want to discuss it, it is an amazing amount of money and a sign of the popular small value contributors adding up to a very large amount. Great job by Obama's organization.

Ultra Peanut
02-25-2008, 03:31 AM

Is it that I dont believe in Obama?It's because you're a worthless poster who signed up to post regurgitated pablum in DC.

Bill S Preston
02-25-2008, 04:21 AM
http://www.weeklyreader.com/readandwriting/content/binary/animal%20farm.jpg

MurphDog
02-25-2008, 06:30 AM
It's because you're a worthless poster who signed up to post regurgitated pablum in DC.

LOL yeah and your so different? I guess if I am not a liberal to hell with someone? What a nice group you guys (sheep) have got here...

Ultra Peanut
02-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Yes, my so different.

MurphDog
02-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I have no idea what makes you the clairvoyant that can tell us what is going to happen. This is not a discussion of the thread topic but you telling us what we should believe.

As to the thread topic if you want to discuss it, it is an amazing amount of money and a sign of the popular small value contributors adding up to a very large amount. Great job by Obama's organization.

Doesnt take much to see whats happening in Washington, just take a long look at the last 18 months, you dont have to be a palm reader or read tarot cards to see it.

It is a great job by Omaha to raise that much money and its a shame that it takes that much money to run a campaign.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 07:01 AM

In all honesty, I assumed he was Tomcash or some other con who has decided to make a new alt. My welcome was partially tongue in cheek.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Whining about rep is worthy of neg rep.

:lame:

It's sad that you can't tell the difference between whining about rep and the opposite of whining about rep.

Ultra Peanut
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
MurphDog had 6 or 7 red chiclets when I last checked. From my extensive perusal of his post history, there's no explanation for his sudden uptick in positive reputation beyond people banding together to give a newcomer rep for being valiant enough to stand up to the evil Barack Hussein Obama's drone army.

MurphDog
02-25-2008, 10:59 AM
And the down ticks are from that I am not a liberal - seems to me the reputation thing is a farce as people cowardly using it to show whether or not they approve of someone political views. I guess I was wrong for expecting more out of people that wanted to discuss politics.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
MurphDog had 6 or 7 red chiclets when I last checked. From my extensive perusal of his post history, there's no explanation for his sudden uptick in positive reputation beyond people banding together to give a newcomer rep for being valiant enough to stand up to the evil Barack Hussein Obama's drone army.

Very classy.

Cochise
02-25-2008, 11:17 AM
banding together to give a newcomer rep for being valiant enough to stand up to the evil Barack Hussein Obama's drone army.

I don't know this poster but on the basis of your sales pitch, I'm in.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry if I'm not buying it, but I'd still wager that MurphDog is an alt for someone else. I just can't imagine someone coming in and making that as their very first post on a bulletin board.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 11:27 AM
And the down ticks are from that I am not a liberal - seems to me the reputation thing is a farce as people cowardly using it to show whether or not they approve of someone political views. I guess I was wrong for expecting more out of people that wanted to discuss politics.

Your lack of interest in rep is admirable, but I think you should publicize all of your rep messages, both positive and negative, so we can see who has been dinging you. If you prefer to let it be, that's fine too.

I can understand why obvious trolls get neg repped right off the bat, but you haven't done anything to deserve the lack of welcome you've received, IMO.

I don't remember Ron Paul fans ever doing this to an anti-Paul noob.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Your lack of interest in rep is admirable, but I think you should publicize all of your rep messages, both positive and negative, so we can see who has been dinging you. If you prefer to let it be, that's fine too.

I can understand why obvious trolls get neg repped right off the bat, but you haven't done anything to deserve the lack of welcome you've received, IMO.

I don't remember Ron Paul fans ever doing this to an anti-Paul noob.

Sorry, Patt. You know I like you, but this post is a bunch of sanctimonious, passive-agressive horseshit.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Sorry if I'm not buying it, but I'd still wager that MurphDog is an alt for someone else. I just can't imagine someone coming in and making that as their very first post on a bulletin board.

I think there's a decent chance you're right, but even if he is an alt, he hasn't said anything to deserve a bunch of neg rep. I guess I'm willing to believe that Ill-Logical's neg rep was based on typical Ill-Logical fact inversion, but I can't understand any of the rest of it.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry, Patt. You know I like you, but this post is a bunch of sanctimonious, passive-agressive horseshit.

In what way?

It seems to me that for the sanctimonious charge to be accurate you'd have to believe that I've been willing to take part in this sort of thing before from the other side or that I don't really believe what I'm saying now. I don't think that's the case at all.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
In what way?

It seems to me that for the sanctimonious charge to be accurate you'd have to believe that I've been willing to take part in this sort of thing before from the other side. I don't think that's the case at all.

I don't think you've participated, but I think you're selectively speaking out and pretending to be much more dissapointed in the board behavior than you really are because it suits your agenda at the moment .

patteeu
02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't think you've participated, but I think you're selectively speaking out and pretending to be much more dissapointed in the board behavior than you really are because it suits your agenda at the moment .

Oh, is that all you're saying. I plead guilty to speaking out selectively when it suits my agenda, as limited as that agenda is, at the moment. It sounded worse when you used words like sanctimonious, passive-aggressive, and horseshit.

BTW, where is this "passive-aggressive" thing coming from? When Zach used it the other day, I blew it off because it was just Zach. But now that you're picking it up, I'm curious what you mean by it.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh, is that all you're saying. It sounded worse when you used words like sanctimonious, passive-aggressive, and horseshit.

BTW, where is this "passive-aggressive" thing coming from? When Zach used it the other day, I blew it off because it was just Zach. But now that you're picking it up, I'm curious what you mean by it.

What I found P/A about that post was your feigned stance of dissapointment and your tone.

Overall, though, I see that more and more instead of just arguing issues or politics, you've adopted this new indirect attack on the followers of Obama as being cultish, robotic, mindless, etc... Oftentimes, it seems these attacks of yours are just snide little remarks and one liners (Passive/Agressive) instead of actual substantial arguments.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
What I found P/A about that post was your feigned stance of dissapointment and your tone.

Overall, though, I see that more and more instead of just arguing issues or politics, you've adopted this new indirect attack on the followers of Obama as being cultish, robotic, mindless, etc... Oftentimes, it seems these attacks of yours are just snide little remarks and one liners (Passive/Agressive) instead of actual substantial arguments.

OK, thanks. I'm actually disappointed with the people who neg repped MurphDog so it's not feigned at all. I'm also mildly disappointed that some Obama supporters choose to take me on instead of recognizing that someone is unfairly dogging MurphDog. I think people who claim to support Obama because of his new tone ought to think about living up to a higher standard of tone themselves. Let me be clear though, I don't think you are one of the people who is falling short on this count.

I think my attacks on Obama supporters have been pretty direct criticisms for being cultish, robotic, mindless, etc., but I thank you for explaining.

MurphDog
02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I am not interested in posting the negative reps - the cowards know who they are. As far as liberals go and the personal attacks its nothing that hasnt been seen before, its a diversion from the real issues, name calling instead of the facts.

I say drop the phony reputation crap and talk about the facts, but if you want to continue to hide behind it, then I am not going to stop you.

Cochise
02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
whoa, pat's about to roll over 25k

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 01:06 PM
I am not interested in posting the negative reps - the cowards know who they are. As far as liberals go and the personal attacks its nothing that hasnt been seen before, its a diversion from the real issues, name calling instead of the facts.

I say drop the phony reputation crap and talk about the facts, but if you want to continue to hide behind it, then I am not going to stop you.

I'll claim mine. Your appearance here has the tell-tale signs of multiple account....unless you've been "lurking" for a long time. Then you got defensive, and as a noob around here....getting defensive will get you what you've gotten. You need a thick skin around this joint.

It's nothing personal at all. Just seeing what the noob is made of....and dinging him if he's trying to dupe us into buying he's a noob, when it's a alternative account for a regular. Heh, who would know better than me.

That's simply "unacceptable" and an egregious violation of accepted "procedures" here at ChiefsPlanet. Frankly, all dups should be banned. "Banned I say!" (TIC)

At least that is what a former "moderator" once told me, heh.... ;)

Cochise
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll claim mine. Your appearance here has the tell-tale signs of multiple account....unless you've been "lurking" for a long time. Then you got defensive, and as a noob around here....getting defensive will get you what you've gotten. You need a thick skin around this joint.

It's nothing personal at all. Just seeing what the noob is made of....and dinging him if he's trying to dupe us into buying he's a noob, when it's a alternative account for a regular. Heh, who would know better than me.

That's simply "unacceptable" and an egregious violation of accepted "procedures" here at ChiefsPlanet. Frankly, all dups should be banned. "Banned I say!" (TIC)

I often have suspected someone from the other side of conducting false flag operations here, but he doesn't bear the scent of an alt I don't think.

Maybe I'm wrong. either way, if he is that quickly given a scarlet letter by nation of obama then he can't be all bad. :evil:

patteeu
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM

He got defensive? :spock:

You're policing alt accounts now? :spock:

Ultra Peanut
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Your lack of interest in rep is admirable, but I think you should publicize all of your rep messages, both positive and negative, so we can see who has been dinging you.Mine, in response to his ever-so-illuminating "So has that message of hope carried over to everday life?" debut post, was:

"I hope you go away."

Pretty clever, if I may say so myself.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Mine was "I hope you go away."

Pretty clever, if I may say so myself.

I see Obama's unification magic is working wonders on you.

MurphDog
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM

Cmon you can do better than that - reach out to any admin and they can prove that this isnt someone else pretending. Yes I have been lurking for a little I have a couple of friends that put me on the site for various reasons - this forum wasnt actually one of them though.

Dinging a noob is one hell of a way to try and make a political statement isnt it?

Ultra Peanut
02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
I see Obama's unification magic is working wonders on you.

IIIIIIII'M A MONSTERRRRRRRRRRR!

http://i28.tinypic.com/2q8n1mr.jpg

Bowser
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
I remember the days I used to raise 50-60 million a month.

|Zach|
02-25-2008, 07:38 PM
I remember the days I used to raise 50-60 million a month.

You were riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Logical
02-25-2008, 08:10 PM

Not a coward at all, I posted that I was going to give you neg rep for whining.

Adept Havelock
02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Not a coward at all, I posted that I was going to give you neg rep for whining.

Based off the repeated use of "coward" and a few other turns of phrase, I suspect your suspicion is correct.

Cochise
02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Based off the repeated use of "coward" and a few other turns of phrase, I suspect your suspicion is correct.

Hey wait a minute. Who are we suspecting this is?

Sully
02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey wait a minute. Who are we suspecting this is?

Ask him if he's offended by the term, "Cali."

Cave Johnson
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Clinton raises $35 million in February

Hillary Clinton's camapign is set to announce later today that she's on track to raise roughly $35 million in the month of February, a huge month by any standard measure of political fundraising and her best of the campaign.

A Clinton advisor confirmed the figure, which is enough to suggest that money won't be an obstacle to Clinton's campaign going forward — though Clinton is still being heavily outspent by Barack Obama and his labor allies in Texas and Ohio. The surge has been fueled largely online contributions that Clinton has said are coming in to the tune of $1 million a day.

Top Clinton aides are expected formally release the figure on a conference call with reporters and fundraisers this afternoon. Tommorrow is the last day of the month, and the advisor said the campaign has taken in nearly $35 million already.

Another aide said more details will be made public on the 3 p.m. call.

Obama raised $36 million in January and appears to be on track to surpass that figure this month.

The Democrats' torrid fundraising continues to vastly surpass past records and John McCain's efforts and could give the Democratic nominee a significant edge.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Clinton_raises_35_million_in_February.html

MurphDog
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I suspect you guys dont have a clue - I really dont know how many others ways I can say it - but I can assure you that you wont guess and might as well give up on trying to guess. You could always ask if you really wanted to know.

HolmeZz
02-28-2008, 07:54 PM
So have we figured out who MurphDog is yet? Signing up at a Chiefs board so he can bash Obama seems a little curious.

MurphDog
02-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I will actually bash Hillary and McCain as well, I just seem to have more of an issue with his policies and Hillary "appears" to be on his way out.

Other than various policies what else do you want to chat about seems how this is a political forum? What else is there - the Chiefs appear to be stuck in the crapper with Herm at the Helm... So back to politics?

MurphDog
02-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I can always talk fishing - you like to fish?

Cave Johnson
03-06-2008, 05:08 PM
$55m. Scoreboard.

MurphDog
03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
$55m. Scoreboard.

:spock:

stevieray
03-06-2008, 05:13 PM
mostly from tenured boomers...surprising, considering we have such a "bad" economy..must be a miracle that people have so much money to help support two campaigns.

MurphDog
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Consider it bribe money - bunch poor people on here should stop paying for internet access and maybe they would have a little more at the end of the day

HolmeZz
03-06-2008, 05:23 PM
surprising, considering we have such a "bad" economy..

You really think we don't? Truly? No joke?

memyselfI
03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow, all that money and he still couldn't close the deal and nail down the nomination.

http://pintofstout.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/money_burning.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow, all that money and he still couldn't close the deal and nail down the nomination.

How much is Mark Penn getting paid again to helm the Exxon Valdez?

Logical
03-06-2008, 06:53 PM
mostly from tenured boomers...surprising, considering we have such a "bad" economy..must be a miracle that people have so much money to help support two campaigns.

Surely you gest, of course we have a bad economy but that does not mean every person is hit by the negative effects, many go unphased (like me) while others suffer greatly.

go bowe
03-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Don't you find it pathetic that someone felt the need to neg rep this guy after only 8 fairly tame posts? Given that those posts were primarily aimed at Obama, don't you think it's a fair assumption that he was neg repped by an Obama supporter? Is it passive aggressive to point these things out or is this just another case of an Obama supporter reacting to someone who doesn't accept BHO's greatness as a given?heh...

i'll see your bho greatess and raise you a ten year reduction in the age of the republican nominee...