PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Nader pimps unite!!

Deberg_1990
02-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Hes running for POTUS again. hahahahaha

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080224/ap_on_el_pr/nader

WASHINGTON - Ralph Nader is launching a third-party campaign for president. The consumer advocate made the announcement Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." He says most Americans are disenchanted with the Democratic and Republican parties, and that none of the presidential contenders are addressing ways to stem corporate crime and Pentagon waste and promote labor rights.

Nader also ran as a third-party candidate in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections. He is still loathed by many Democrats who call him a spoiler and claim his candidacy in 2000 cost the party the election by siphoning votes away from Al Gore in a razor-thin contest in Florida.

HonestChieffan
02-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Moonbat

jAZ
02-24-2008, 09:03 AM
If Obama wins the Dem nomination, I'm not sure where he sees his voters coming from.

His $$ will come from the Repulicans, though. That's for sure.

a1na2
02-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Hes running for POTUS again. hahahahaha

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080224/ap_on_el_pr/nader

WASHINGTON - Ralph Nader is launching a third-party campaign for president. The consumer advocate made the announcement Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." He says most Americans are disenchanted with the Democratic and Republican parties, and that none of the presidential contenders are addressing ways to stem corporate crime and Pentagon waste and promote labor rights.

Nader also ran as a third-party candidate in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections. He is still loathed by many Democrats who call him a spoiler and claim his candidacy in 2000 cost the party the election by siphoning votes away from Al Gore in a razor-thin contest in Florida.

What will happen is that many will choose nader because there doesn't seem to be any other viable option.

memyselfI
02-24-2008, 09:20 AM
What will happen is that many will choose nader because there doesn't seem to be any other viable option.

Exactly. He will appeal to my sister who is rather apolitical but still votes and she's rather conservative but still a Dem. She doesn't like Obama (see thinks he's a fraud without me even convincing her) and won't vote for Clinton or McCain.

It's a nice protest that the choices suck vote.

Deberg_1990
02-24-2008, 09:22 AM
So whats the point of him running? Just to be a spoiler for either Obama or McCain after he siphens off votes from them??

memyselfI
02-24-2008, 09:28 AM
So whats the point of him running? Just to be a spoiler for either Obama or McCain after he siphens off votes from them??

Yep. It's worked in the past. I think he might actually do very well especially if Obama gets the nomination and the Indies/CONS who wake up and see Obama as the liberal that he's started proclaiming but who will not vote for McCain.

Conversely, he will be a place for Dems who haven't bought into the Obamination.

HolmeZz
02-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Yay a viable white guy option on the ballot for Meme.

jAZ
02-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Al Davis

BucEyedPea
02-24-2008, 10:25 AM
If Obama wins the Dem nomination, I'm not sure where he sees his voters coming from.

I know some voted for him before and I just don't fathom it at all.

This time, though, it may not be the case if Bob Barr runs on the Libertarian ticket. Libertarianism has gotten more exposure because of Paul. And Barr is more known than other libertarian candidates. Barr is against the war and wants civil liberties restored. He just may be a place for more Pubs to go than just protest with a progressive like Nader.

CHIEF4EVER
02-24-2008, 10:30 AM

That must be it dude. She wants a WHITE guy to vote for. :rolleyes:

Why do you insist on implying racism if someone doesn't like Obama?

BucEyedPea
02-24-2008, 10:35 AM

Like I posted before, that type of thing gets done more when people have trouble with differing opinions or disagreement.

ad ho·mi·nem
–adjective
1. appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.
2. attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.
Compare ad feminam.

[Origin: < L: lit, to the man]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ad%20hominem

HolmeZz
02-24-2008, 10:38 AM

We've already gone over this with Meme. She couldn't draw a difference between John Edwards(the candidate she supported) and Barack Obama(the candidate she's slandered), but says she hates Obama because he's a 'phony'(which she readily admitted Edwards was) despite not having a reason to believe so. The fact is the war is her biggest issue and Obama was a staunch critic of going into Iraq while Edwards voted to authorize it. If Edwards was the one critical of the war she would've been touting that the whole time he was running.

So then when Edwards leaves the race, she doesn't make the logical jump to Obama. She jumps to Clinton. Someone else who voted to authorize the war, and who's whole campaign is based on running against things she voted for in the Senate(the war, NAFTA, No Child Left Behind). But apparently Obama's too 'phony' for her to vote for.

Cochise
02-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Well they'll have an option that wants to end the war (immediately) at least, if that's what people want.

memyselfI
02-24-2008, 11:07 AM

Because he's following a leader who is a demagogue. Why wouldn't he? Obama is just slick where Holmez is crude.

banyon
02-24-2008, 11:46 AM
If Clinton's the nominee, he'll get my vote again.

Coach
02-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, let's ask if Perot will come back. :shrug:

mlyonsd
02-24-2008, 11:53 AM
I listened to him on MTP this morning. This year he's just a bug splat on a windshield.

patteeu
02-24-2008, 03:01 PM

I might volunteer to work for his campaign.

dirk digler
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
"8 years ago, he didn't think there was any difference between GWB and Al Gore, and now, 8 years later, it's clear he didn't know what he was talking about." -Barack Obama

Mr. Kotter
02-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Two (technically, three) words:

"Won't matter."

One way or the other....IMHO.

keg in kc
02-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I thought Mr. Irrelevant didn't show up until the end of April.

Mr. Kotter
02-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Football is different from politics...at least in many ways. :hmmm:

;)

keg in kc
02-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Football is different from politics...at least in many ways. Actually, I don't believe that's true. I think politics is almost exactly like football, especially in today's America. People pick their teams, hassle their rivals, and generally act like dickwads.

Mr. Kotter
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Actually, I don't believe that's true. I think politics is almost exactly like football, especially in today's America. People pick their teams, hassle their rivals, and generally act like dickwads.

Then where does that leave us....who, really, are waiting until October or so to make our decision?

I mean, as compared to those who have already made up their minds? :hmmm:

Logical
02-24-2008, 11:53 PM
I might volunteer to work for his campaign.
LMAOROFL:LOL:

SLAG
02-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Im more of a Alan Keyes type of guy

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Im more of a Alan Keyes type of guy

If only Bill Donohue would run.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2008, 01:21 AM
that's been he's only purpose for ever running.

That and he likes the attention and money.

SLAG
02-25-2008, 01:32 AM
If only Bill Donohue would run.

I know you jest http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4600844&postcount=21

but I think Keyes is the man

patteeu
02-25-2008, 08:03 AM
"8 years ago, he didn't think there was any difference between GWB and Al Gore, and now, 8 years later, it's clear he didn't know what he was talking about." -Barack Obama

Obama's "new tone" turns out to be pretty negative.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 08:06 AM
I know you jest http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4600844&postcount=21

but I think Keyes is the man

Keyes would make a fine President. :thumb:

And people who don't support him are clearly racist. Even blacks who oppose him do so mainly because he's very dark skinned. :p

Amnorix
02-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Moonbat who can die already. He's a complete moron who hurts the causes he supports with this stupidity. Unbelievable.

Frazod
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Ralph Nader, the white Jesse Jackson; an irrelevant buffoon who burned up all his credibility years ago, and now does nothing but injure those he claims to champion.

Brock
02-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Basically just an attention whore.