PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Is One Classless Bitch...

petegz28
02-25-2008, 06:58 AM
This is just a new low is all I can say...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm

Make sure you look at the pics at the bottom!

Cochise
02-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Well, a lot of people cackled around here at the picture of Bush holding some Saudi government type's hand while they were talking, which is a local custom. I expect they won't have any problem with others snickering about this...

Brock
02-25-2008, 07:13 AM
All's fair.

petegz28
02-25-2008, 07:18 AM
All's fair.

What that has to do with class I have no idea?

Brock
02-25-2008, 07:25 AM
What that has to do with class I have no idea?

Anyone he was running against would have done the same thing or worse.

Oh, I'm sorry....were you just pointing out that no politicians have class?

petegz28
02-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Anyone he was running against would have done the same thing or worse.

Oh, I'm sorry....were you just pointing out that no politicians have class?

No, it's classless to race bait. But it is just stupid to slam someone for doing the very samething people have pictures of you doing yourself.

Cochise
02-25-2008, 07:29 AM
No, it's classless to race bait. But it is just stupid to slam someone for doing the very samething people have pictures of you doing yourself.

Liberals? Race baiting? Say it ain't so.

BigRedChief
02-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Clinton, Obama sharpen their attacks

Candidates trade barbs over health care, trade and experience

<SCRIPT language=javascript> function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,(('false'.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633395341827930000');</SCRIPT>
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama sharpened their attacks on each other on Sunday, trading barbs over health care, trade and experience as they head for key showdowns in Texas and Ohio on March 4.

As Obama tried to nail down the Democratic nomination by winning those two states and Clinton battled to say alive, a familiar face joined the presidential race. Consumer advocate Ralph Nader, blamed by many Democrats for their 2000 White House loss, said he would run again as an independent.

Clinton, who trails Illinois Sen. Obama in delegates to this summer's national convention that will pick the Democratic candidate for the November election, needs wins in both states to keep her campaign afloat.
Clinton mocked Obama's speeches in which he emphasizes hope and promises change, telling supporters the problems facing the next president would not be easily solved.

"I could just stand up here and say 'Let's just get everybody together, let's get unified.' The sky will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect," she said at a rally in Providence, Rhode Island.
Obama fired back in Lorain, Ohio, criticizing the New York senator for changing her position on the North American Free Trade Agreement pushed through by her husband, former President Bill Clinton.

"She has essentially presented herself as co-president during the Clinton years," he said. "So the notion that you can selectively pick what you take credit for and then run away from what isn't politically convenient, that doesn't make sense."

With the economy a key issue in the U.S. presidential race, Obama has turned trade into a centerpiece of his campaign in Ohio, where trade agreements are particularly unpopular as domestic manufacturing jobs disappear.

The former first lady, who would be the first woman U.S. president, resumed her attacks on Obama over some campaign leaflets he circulated in Ohio criticizing her health care plan and past support for NAFTA.
"Nobody believes Senator Obama's plan is universal because it's not. Mine is," she said in Rhode Island, which also votes on March 4. "So raise legitimate questions but don't engage in, you know, this kind of false and misleading advertising."

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23332100/

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 08:45 AM
All's fair.

If this would have been a republican, the MSM press would be calling for the candidate to remove himself from the race.

This is rediculous.

Is it just because they are more in tune with race they can act like that? :banghead:

Mr. Laz
02-25-2008, 08:53 AM
<tt><tt>i'm not a big Hillary fan but it does say "stressed Clinton staffers circulated a photo..."

Staffers being the operative word here

shouldn't the title say "</tt></tt>Hillary's Staff are Classless Bitches..."?

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 08:54 AM
<tt><tt>i'm not a big Hillary fan but it does say "stressed Clinton staffers circulated a photo..."

Surely you don't imagine they did it without her knowledge and approval? :spock:

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 08:55 AM

But shouldn't she be held accountable for what her staff does?

Does everyone think Bush should be held accountable for everything that his appointments and/or staff has done. :hmmm:

Cochise
02-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Surely you don't imagine they did it without her knowledge and approval? :spock:

Of course they did. Like she would personally give an order like that. She's got underlings who can build in layers of "I didn't know". Duh.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2008, 09:02 AM
But shouldn't she be held accountable for what her staff does?

Does everyone think Bush should be held accountable for everything that his appointments and/or staff has done. :hmmm:
yes, they both should ... but it's still a mollifying factor.

and i'm FOR Obama

btw - If Bush was really held accountable for everything his Staff has done, he'd be in jail.

of course he'd just pardon himself :shake:

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Of course they did. Like she would personally give an order like that. She's got underlings who can build in layers of "I didn't know". Duh.

And I'm saying that, something like this....I'd be shocked if she didn't personally approve it (though that will never be "public," of course.) I worked on Bill's campaign for nearly 18 months in 1991-1992...my experience there tells me, she approved it. The Clintons are ruthless, they run a very tight ship, and they pull out all the stops when their backs are to the wall...and it's all done very deliberately. If anything Hillary has been even worse on that level--this leopard ain't changing her spots at this point.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I think this backfires on Hillary in the primaries as proof of her entering "silly season." I can see this being a much more effective attack during the general election when you're running GOP vs. DNC candidates.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2008, 09:05 AM
i seriously doubt she knows ....... Plausible deniability.

doesn't mean should wouldn't, i just doubt she did.

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I think this backfires on Hillary in the primaries as proof of her entering "silly season." I can see this being a much more effective attack during the general election when you're running GOP vs. DNC candidates.

And like Willie Horton....the Dem's have, to some point, inoculated Republicans from being blamed for raising the issue.

Dumb, dumb move of desperation on her part. :shake:

Cochise
02-25-2008, 09:13 AM
And I'm saying that, something like this....I'd be shocked if she didn't personally approve it (though that will never be "public," of course.) I worked on Bill's campaign for nearly 18 months in 1991-1992...my experience there tells me, she approved it. The Clintons are ruthless, they run a very tight ship, and they pull out all the stops when their backs are to the wall...and it's all done very deliberately. If anything Hillary has been even worse on that level--this leopard ain't changing her spots at this point.

I guess we all owe you a debt of gratitude then for the 20 year clinton scourge, eh? :Poke:

Cochise
02-25-2008, 09:13 AM
And like Willie Horton....the Dem's have, to some point, inoculated Republicans from being blamed for raising the issue.

What was the problem with Willie Horton?

recxjake
02-25-2008, 09:16 AM
hahah

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I guess we all owe you a debt of gratitude then for the 20 year clinton scourge, eh? :Poke:

I regretted the whole thing by the end of his first year. It's probably why I despise he and Hillary so much....I went into that campaign a wide-eyed idealist, and by the time the bastard lied to the grand jury, he had turned me into yet another cynical and disillusioned voter. :shake:

What was the problem with Willie Horton?

No problem, IMO. Dems and MSM like to blame HW Bush for "dredging up" and "demagoguing" Dukakis, unfairly, with it. Hell, Gore was the first to use it...during the primaries in '88. Once Gore used it, it's pretty hypocritical and naive to expect the Republicans to NOT use it. It was fair game; especially after Gore tossed it out there.

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 09:17 AM

Al Gore was the first person to bring up information about Willie Horton up, at least according to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Horton#Horton_in_the_1988_presidential_campaign (link)

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Al Gore was the first person to bring up information about Willie Horton up, at least according to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Horton#Horton_in_the_1988_presidential_campaign (link)

I know....beat you to it by a minute. Heh. :p

BigRedChief
02-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Clinton, Obama go at it over trade

Obama accuses Clinton of distancing herself from NAFTA
Clinton says Obama mailings spread information that is "blatantly false"
Ohio and Texas, two delegate-rich states, hold primaries March 4
Job loss, trade key issues for Ohio voters(CNN) -- Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton exchanged sharps words over trade as they campaigned before Ohio's crucial primary.
The economy and jobs are top issues for Ohio voters, and the rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination have blamed trade agreements for the loss of manufacturing jobs.

Since 2000, the state's seen nearly a 25 percent decline in manufacturing employment, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics.

Ohio, along with Texas, votes on March 4. The two states have a total of 334 delegates at stake.

Clinton's supporters have said she must win both states if she is to close the gap with Obama and stop the momentum he has built up with 11 straight wins.
She trails Obama by 69 delegates, according to CNN calculations.

Over the weekend, Clinton accused Obama of misrepresenting her record on the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Taking a mocking swipe at the Illinois senator's campaign style, Clinton said people want actions and not words. http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/tabs/video.gifWatch Clinton mock Obama » (http://cnn.site.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Clinton%2C+Obama+go+at+it+over+trade+-+CNN.com&expire=-1&urlID=26744967&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2008%2FPOLITICS%2F02%2F25%2Fclinton.obama%2Findex.html&partnerID=21191#cnnSTCVideo)

"I could stand up here and say 'Let's just get everybody together, let's get unified, the sky will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect,' " she said Sunday while campaigning in Providence, Rhode Island. Rhode Island and Vermont also hold contests next Tuesday, but only have 36 delegates up for grabs.

Clinton (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/hillary.clinton.html) struck a populist tone, saying she has made it clear that she is ambivalent about NAFTA, blasting companies for "turning their backs on Americans" while shipping jobs overseas.

Meanwhile, Obama (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/barack.obama.html) railed on Clinton for supporting NAFTA when her husband was president. http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/tabs/video.gifWatch the latest on the back-and-forth » (http://cnn.site.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Clinton%2C+Obama+go+at+it+over+trade+-+CNN.com&expire=-1&urlID=26744967&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2008%2FPOLITICS%2F02%2F25%2Fclinton.obama%2Findex.html&partnerID=21191#cnnSTCVideo)

"Sen. Clinton has been going to great lengths on the campaign trail to distance herself from NAFTA," Obama said Sunday in Lorain, Ohio. "In her own book, Sen. Clinton called NAFTA one of 'Bill's successes' and 'legislative victories.' "

"One million jobs have been lost because of NAFTA, including nearly 50,000 jobs here in Ohio. And yet, 10 years after NAFTA passed, Sen. Clinton said it was good for America. Well, I don't think NAFTA has been good for America -- and I never have," he said.

The weekend feud kicked off when Clinton blasted recent mailings from the Obama camp, telling a crowd in Cincinnati, Ohio, an Obama mailing spread lies about her positions NAFTA.

The mailer says Clinton was a "champion" for NAFTA while first lady, but now opposes it. NAFTA was negotiated by the first President Bush and signed into law by President Bill Clinton.

Citing a 2006 issue of New York Newsday, the mailer says Clinton thought NAFTA was a "boon" to the economy. The term "boon" was actually the paper's characterization of Clinton's stance, and not a quote from her.
"Bad trade deals like NAFTA hit Ohio harder than other states. Only Barack Obama consistently opposed NAFTA," the mailer says.

A visibly angry Clinton lashed out Saturday at Obama over the campaign literature that she said he knows is "blatantly false."

"Shame on you, Barack Obama," she said, adding that she is fighting to change NAFTA. http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/tabs/video.gifWatch Clinton demand a 'real campaign' » (http://cnn.site.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Clinton%2C+Obama+go+at+it+over+trade+-+CNN.com&expire=-1&urlID=26744967&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2008%2FPOLITICS%2F02%2F25%2Fclinton.obama%2Findex.html&partnerID=21191#cnnSTCVideo)

Obama "is continuing to send false and discredited mailings with information that is not true to the voters of Ohio," she said.
With Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland nodding in agreement behind her, Clinton accused Obama of emulating the tactics of Karl Rove, President Bush's former political director who is reviled by Democrats.

Obama described Clinton's anger as "tactical" and defended his campaign.

"We have been subject to constant attack from the Clinton campaign, except for when we were down 20 points. And that was true in Iowa. It was true in South Carolina. It was true in Wisconsin, and it is true now," Obama said.
The spat over the literature is nothing new; the two campaigns sparred over similar mailings before Super Tuesday. Obama defended the mailings, calling them accurate and accusing Clinton of deliberately changing her position on NAFTA for political expediency. He told a crowd in a Lorain, Ohio, factory, "The fact is, she was saying great things about NAFTA until she started running for president."

Clinton challenged Obama to "meet me in Ohio, and let's have a debate about your tactics and your behavior in this campaign."

The two are set to debate Tuesday night in Ohio.
Bill Clinton has said that if his wife wins in Ohio and Texas, she will win her party's nomination, but, he told voters, "if you don't deliver for her, then I don't think she can be. It's all on you."

Polls show Clinton and Obama are in statistical dead heats in both states.

The Democratic contenderssplit the Super Tuesday contests on February 5, but since then, Obama has taken every contest.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Cry me a fuggin river. BO and his followers better brace themselves because the general election is going to get very difficult for them if they can't even stand authentic pictures of their candidate surfacing.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Hillary's deadset on making it as tough as possible for Obama to win in '08 so she can run in 2012.

She is in fact a bitch and a selfish one at that.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
The only thing I'm interested in is whether Hillary's agressive tactics will work with Democrats. I have a feeling that they won't, but then I think I'm giving them far too much credit given they were sufficiently frightened into nominating John Kerry as their candidate.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Cry me a fuggin river. BO and his followers better brace themselves because the general election is going to get very difficult for them if they can't even stand authentic pictures of their candidate surfacing.

Interesting that you'd be ok with Karl Rove's tactics. Looks like you're not as high minded as you prented to be.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Hillary's deadset on making it as tough as possible for Obama to win in '08 so she can run in 2012.

She is in fact a bitch and a selfish one at that.

First off, these pictures appeared in the tabloid National Examiner 02/04/08. No one was raising a stink about it then. Does Hillary have time to publish the National Examiner?

And secondly, if they are simply pictures in native garb then what is the big deal? POTUS frequently wear native garb when visiting.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2048/2286994803_3cf8ac2c29_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/2287006797_3e0013aa78_o.jpg

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
The only thing I'm interested in is whether Hillary's agressive tactics will work with Democrats. I have a feeling that they won't, but then I think I'm giving them far too much credit given they were sufficiently frightened into nominating John Kerry as their candidate.

If it does work on the dems, what does that say for Hillary's supporters?

Interesting that you'd be ok with Karl Rove's tactics. Looks like you're not as high minded as you prented to be.

What did Rove do that was even remotely like this?

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 10:54 AM
First off, these pictures appeared in the tabloid National Examiner 02/04/08. No one was raising a stink about it then.

That's the point, r-tard. Nobody was paying attention to them because they were in a Tabloid. Now Hillary and her campaign have gone out of their way to make them public so that as many people as possible can see them.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
First off, these pictures appeared in the tabloid National Examiner 02/04/08. No one was raising a stink about it then. Does Hillary have time to publish the National Examiner?

And secondly, if they are simply pictures in native garb then what is the big deal? POTUS frequently wear native garb when visiting.

Heh... That's amusing.

Hillary Clinton has turned her campaign into a tabloid story distribution machine, and Dense asks "what's the big deal."

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Heh... That's amusing.

Hillary Clinton has turned her campaign into a tabloid story distribution machine, and Dense asks "what's the big deal."

The point is it was released prior to today. There is no proof that she is behind this in any fashion.

bkkcoh
Heh... That's amusing.

Doesn't that sound like the last gasp of air to a mortally wounded campaign?

:rolleyes:

NewChief
Heh... That's amusing.

Hillary's running her campaign the way Denise thinks a presidency should be run.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
The point is it was released prior to today. There is no proof that she is behind this in any fashion.

Her campaign didn't even deny getting it out there again. All they said was "Obama shouldn't be ashamed".

Clearly the point of re-releasing the picture is to show Obama in a head-wrap.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Doesn't that sound like the last gasp of air to a mortally wounded campaign?

:rolleyes:

It sounds like people have determined Clinton is behind this when it was published in a tabloid weeks ago. Drudge doesn't mention that fact on his website, does he? :doh!:

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 11:07 AM
It sounds like people have determined Clinton is behind this when it was published in a tabloid weeks ago. Drudge doesn't mention that fact on his website, does he? :doh!:

Responsible for re-distributing and making it a story, moron.

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM

But if the perception is that it came from Clinton's camp, she probably had something to do with it. Whether or not that is the case, that would be the perception.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Her campaign didn't even deny getting it out there again. All they said was "Obama shouldn't be ashamed".

Clearly the point of re-releasing the picture is to show Obama in a head-wrap.

First off, if the picture had already been released then it's out there for everyone to see. I think what is bad for Obama is their :deevee: about it is going to bring MORE attention to it than if they had just said, 'yeah, that's him. He participated in local customs when he visited and he anticipates participating in them again as POTUS.'

Obama's people have to get over this. Are you saying he's going to visit Muslim countries and NOT participate in traditional customs for fear of people mistaking him as a Muslim?

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
But if the perception is that it came from Clinton's camp, she probably had something to do with it. Whether or not that is the case, that would be the perception.

If they had published the picture as the FIRST SOURCE then I can see where the outrage would be. But if they asked reporters if they had seen the article and brought attention to the article and the picture then I am not sure what the big deal is. Campaigns reference their opponents bad press all the time.

What is pissing off the Obama people is this time people are paying attention to it when no one did before. Well, some of that is THEIR fault because they are screaming outrage and blaming Clinton. That makes the media VERY HAPPY. They will be none too happy to publish the new controversy on what should have been a non-story.

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
First off, if the picture had already been released then it's out there for everyone to see. I think what is bad for Obama is their :deevee: about it is going to bring MORE attention to it than if they had just said, 'yeah, that's him. He participated in local customs when he visited and he anticipates participating in them again as POTUS.'

Obama's people have to get over this. Are you saying he's going to visit Muslim countries and NOT participate in traditional customs for fear of people mistaking him as a Muslim?

As someone said, he wasn't a front-runner when it first came to light. The degree of outrage is proportional to the popularity of the candidate.

no one would care if that was mentioned about Alan Keyes, why, because he isn't a player at all.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 11:20 AM

You're either acting like a stupid bitch, or you actually are one.

I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt and say that you're acting.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:31 AM

Show me where and when she took over publishing for the tabloid that originally published the story. If you can get them to admit her campaign was the source THEN you would have a legitimate case for outrage especially since the accompanying article is so seedy.

Otherwise, this is a political campaign and if Obama wants to act like he's taking the high road then fine. But he can't expect others to play along with him until they are FORCED to do so. People whine all the time about the negativity in politics and yet studies show it WORKS. And I can guarantee you that whatever is bad for him right now will be worse when it's the CONS turn.

Cochise
02-25-2008, 11:31 AM
without a doubt the funniest part of this campaign is you people who were formerly Clinton worshipers thinking this is something new from them. They have always been this way, you were just too partisan to believe it.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:36 AM
without a doubt the funniest part of this campaign is you people who were formerly Clinton worshipers thinking this is something new from them. They have always been this way, you were just too partisan to believe it.

This is how the game is played in DC. I know Obamessiah thinks he has the power to change things by just proclaiming it so and that the old tricks don't work anymore. But if those old tricks are what might defeat him then you bet his opponents will use them.

Of course, he could make them pay by beating them and actually proving that those tricks are so O-V-E-R. But he has to win to prove that as a fact.

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 11:36 AM

Quoted for absolute 100% truth.

Cochise
02-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Quoted for absolute 100% truth.

Uh... you left out the quote in your QFT.

:eek::spock:

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 11:39 AM

I don't think she was acting, a performance like that should have gotten an accademy award and I don't remember hearing her name mentioned..... :banghead:

Taco John
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Show me where and when she took over publishing for the tabloid that originally published the story.

I didn't say "publishing." I said "distributing."

I didn't think you were this dishonest.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Bottom line is this picture is what they say it is and that he was participating in native customs and nothing more sinister.

The worse case scenario is he's a closeted Muslim who harbors AQ sympathies and will turn the US into a Muslim country...

ask yourself which is the likeliest possible scenario? MOST rational people will conclude the former even if they don't particularly like the guy.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Bottom line is this picture is what they say it is and that he was participating in native customs and nothing more sinister.

The worse case scenario is he's a closeted Muslim who harbors AQ sympathies and will turn the US into a Muslim country...

ask yourself which is the likeliest possible scenario? MOST rational people will conclude the former even if they don't particularly like the guy.

Your own argument works against you.

Why wasn't the Clinton campaign distributing this picture back when it originally appeared in the Tabloid?

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I didn't say "publishing." I said "distributing."

I didn't think you were this dishonest.

No, what is dishonest is pretending that Hillary was responsible for first distributing or publishing this picture. She wasn't to the best of my knowledge. If the tabloid gives her as the ORIGINAL source then I think all the hysteria is justified.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Your own argument works against you.

Why wasn't the Clinton campaign distributing this picture back when it originally appeared in the Tabloid?

Maybe because the article was so outrageous as to be non-believable and they didn't want to be associated with it. Again, if you can find out if they were the original source to the tabloid then you have a legitimate complaint. But if they were just emailing the photo asking if Drudge had seen it then I'm wondering how that is different from any other negative articles or reports war rooms send to media outlets.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
So now you're admitting her campaign was pushing a picture they saw in a tabloid.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 11:57 AM
No, what is dishonest is pretending that Hillary was responsible for first distributing or publishing this picture. She wasn't to the best of my knowledge. If the tabloid gives her as the ORIGINAL source then I think all the hysteria is justified.

No one is pretending that Hillary was responsible for first distributing or publishing the picture. Once again, you are being dishonest. And as I said before, I didn't know that you were *this* dishonest. I shouldn't be suprised, but I guess I am. I thought you were more genuine than you apparently are.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
No one is pretending that Hillary was responsible for first distributing or publishing the picture. Once again, you are being dishonest. And as I said before, I didn't know that you were *this* dishonest. I shouldn't be suprised, but I guess I am. I thought you were more genuine than you apparently are.

I think she's just as dishonest with herself. I think her brain is capable of incredible mental gymnastics in order to convince itself of how right she is on any given cause for which she takes a stance, hence her preference for pure polemic politics.

BigRedChief
02-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Supermarket tabloid story and pic.

If true it really is below the belt behaviour. Whats next? Obama with Aliens? Elvis? With Brittany and Lohan?

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I am not admitting anything. I am saying that ethically speaking a campaign's only obligation is to be truthful about their opponent. There is no obligation to be positive or helpful. If the pictue is fake or altered to be a lie THEN you have a right to complain.

BigRedChief
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I amnot admitting anything. I am saying that ethically speaking a campaign's only obligation is to be truthful about their opponent. There is no obligation to be positive or helpful. If the pictue is fake or altered to be a lie THEN you have a right to complain.
It's not truthful.

First its a standard photo that I'm sure with a google search we can find every candidate wearing one.

Second, it orginated in a tabloid with known untruthful articles pasted off as truth to a gullible public. Obama is a Bin Laden groupie...comeon

Whats next? Pics of him eating watermelon and fried chicken?

jettio
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM

She had a crush on John Edwards. Hell hath no fury like a certain woman who judges QBs and politicans by their looks when their most favorite cutie does not make the cut.

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Supermarket tabloid story and pic.

If true it really is below the belt behaviour. Whats next? Obama with Aliens? Elvis? With Brittany and Lohan?

Remember, there was already a love child of John Edwards story....

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 01:04 PM

Hillary's campaign is planning on releasing this one on Friday, so it plays all weekend leading into the primaries next Tuesday:

Six Year Old Barak Osama Eats Chicken in the Basement of His Mosque!

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 01:08 PM
It's not truthful.

First its a standard photo that I'm sure with a google search we can find every candidate wearing one.

Second, it orginated in a tabloid with known untruthful articles pasted off as truth to a gullible public. Obama is a Bin Laden groupie...comeon

Unless it was photoshopped or edited to appear somethng that it's not then the photo is not untruthful. Projections or assumptions ABOUT the photo might be untrue but that could be said about ANY photo.

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM

HRC's campaign is planning to release this one on Sunday night--36 hours before the Texas and Ohio primaries:

"Coked-out Obama Eats Watermelon Before Interracial Menage' a Trois!"

BigRedChief
02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Unless it was photoshopped or edited to appear somethng that it's not then the photo is not untruthful. Projections or assumptions ABOUT the photo might be untrue but that could be said about ANY photo.
What don't you get? The photo was in a tabloid article declaring that Obama is a Bin Laden supporter.

Do you really think the release of this photo to mainstreet media without declaring its context or where it came from was truthful by Hillary?

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Hillary's campaign is planning on releasing this one on Friday, so it plays all weekend leading into the primaries next Tuesday

I LOL in the middle of an office.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Exactly. So why is the Hillary Clinton campaign distributing it as though it is something sinister?

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 01:19 PM
What don't you get? The photo was in a tabloid article declaring that Obama is a Bin Laden supporter.

Do you really think the release of this photo to mainstreet media without declaring its context or where it came from was truthful by Hillary?

It is the media's responsibility to verify the authenticity and conext if they are going to run it.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Exactly. So why is the Hillary Clinton campaign distributing it as though it is something sinister?

Show me where they are quoted as saying that it is.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM

No thanks. I've discovered enough about your character to determine that this is a waste of my time.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 01:24 PM

LMAO Why are they distributing it then?

Cochise
02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
I think the period where meaningful discourse occurred in the D.C. forum about this election has ended.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 01:32 PM
No thanks. I've discovered enough about your character to determine that this is a waste of my time.

'Because you can't otherwise you would.

Look, this was an easy cheapshot no doubt but the false outrage is hypocritical. It has been done before and will be again even if a Clinton is not running. On the bright side for HIM is that it's out NOW and not in October. And if there is nothing else like it out there the damage will be minimal. I think they over reacted causing thisto be bigger than it need be.

NewChief
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM

Look, this was an easy cheapshot no doubt but the false outrage is hypocritical. It has been done before and will be again even if a Clinton is not running.

I think you're overblowing the outrage. People are, basically, saying that it's a shitty, dirty trick. It is. I don't think most people are particularly surprised by it, at this point. Yes, it's a sad point when the Hillary campaign tries to use tactics that appeal to the Hog Farmers of the world, but it's nothing that should surprise us.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM

Acutally, I wouldn't even if I could. I've gotten all the information that I need out of our conversation.

Good day.

Taco John
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Once Obama is the nominee, the Republicans are going to start using these types of tactics on Obama, going after his muslim heratige, and trying to insinuate that he sympathizes with terrorists. I can't wait to see exactly how dishonest Dense is, as she complains about the tactic.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I think you're overblowing the outrage. People are, basically, saying that it's a shitty, dirty trick. It is. I don't think most people are particularly surprised by it, at this point. Yes, it's a sad point when the Hillary campaign tries to use tactics that appeal to the Hog Farmers of the world, but it's nothing that should surprise us.

Wait, HE knew HE was running in 2006. What about his judgement in taking such a picture. was he forced against his will? Obviously he was not too concerned about what it could represent otherwise he would not have put himself in that position.

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Once Obama is the nominee, the Republicans are going to start using these types of tactics on Obama, going after his muslim heratige, and trying to insinuate that he sympathizes with terrorists. I can't wait to see exactly how dishonest Dense is, as she complains about the tactic.

And the republicans will be labeled as racist and the rath of the press will be incredible to see.

:banghead:

RJ
02-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Why was George Bush wearing a wizard costume?

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Wait, HE knew HE was running in 2006. What about his judgement in taking such a picture. was he forced against his will? Obviously he was not too concerned about what it could represent otherwise he would not have put himself in that position.

The picture isn't the problem. Hillary and her campaign distributing the picture now to insinuate Obama is muslim and/or a terrorist is the issue.

Chieficus
02-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Why was George Bush wearing a wizard costume?

It's the cultural custom in Britain when meeting Harry Potter...

Adept Havelock
02-25-2008, 01:59 PM
HRC's campaign is planning to release this one on Sunday night--36 hours before the Texas and Ohio primaries:

"Coked-out Obama Eats Watermelon Before Interracial Menage' a Trois!"

This hedonist may have to reconsider his decision to not vote for Obama, if this allegation is true. :p

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 01:59 PM

As long as they are not lying or villifying then I don't have a problem with it being an issue aymore than I do with Romney's Mormonism.

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
As long as they are not lying or villifying then I don't have a problem with it being an issue aymore than I do with Romney's Mormonism.

What is wrong with being a Mormon? how would that hurt him if he was president?

Were you concerned with JF Kennedy being Catholic?

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 02:02 PM

Not that I'd agree....but many mainstream Christians would say there's a big difference. :shrug:

htismaqe
02-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Not that I'd agree....but many mainstream Christians would say there's a big difference. :shrug:

There IS a big difference, just from a secular historian's point of view...

Iowanian
02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Any photo a politician has taken on a public trip or in a public setting is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

If a photo puts them in a positive light in any circumstance, they sure as hell have no problem using it themselves.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 02:40 PM

I don't have a problem with it but I think because it's out of the mainstream it's incumbent upon Romney to educate the masses not the other way around. Same with Obama.

BO's really trying to have it both ways though. He wants his stature as an ethnically and religiously diverse non-white to be held up as being a historical event but he doesn't want the questions or education that goes along with it. I find that to be BIG part of his persona that I have problem with.

This picture should have been out there by now released by HIS campaign as to take off any potential hit it could have generated at a later date. It could have been part of a press release showing his visit to his father's native land. I blame him for not handling this potential landmine in a more efficient manner. But again, they want the novelty of him being different to be a selling point but they don't want it to be a factor in considering who he is.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
LMAO What a surprise. Hillary's camp makes an issue of this picture and it's Obama's fault.

You are a dildo.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 02:49 PM
LMAO What a surprise. Hillary's camp makes an issue of this picture and it's Obama's fault.

You are a dildo.

He admitted to being a cokehead pot smoker lest it come back to bit him later. Why wouldn't he admit to this? He handled the drug issue very well. This one, not so well.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 02:54 PM
He admitted to being a cokehead pot smoker lest it come back to bit him later.

He wrote it in a book he put out way before he had Presidential ambitions.

Why wouldn't he admit to this? He handled the drug issue very well. This one, not so well.

Because there's a difference between doing drugs and putting on a robe and head-wrap while visiting Somalia. There's nothing scandalous about what he did and the Clinton campaign(and r-tards like yourself) are acting as if it's something he needed to apologize for. There would be no reason for him to address this issue because there was no issue to address. But the Clintons are throwing a bunch of shit at the wall and hoping something sticks at this point. It's sad and I can't say I'm surprised you're defending it.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 03:07 PM
He wrote it in a book he put out way before he had Presidential ambitions.

Because there's a difference between doing drugs and putting on a robe and head-wrap while visiting Somalia. There's nothing scandalous about what he did and the Clinton campaign(and r-tards like yourself) are acting as if it's something he needed to apologize for.

It was published after he was elected the first Black president of the Harvard Law Review. He knew that period in his life would be reviewed if he wanted to run for any other office later in life. He smartly got it out of the way early on thereby removing it as an issue.

And there is a difference. The difference is Obamessiah is disingenuous in wanting certain aspects of his person to be considered but not others. HE is making that distinction. If he were smart the minute that picture surfaced in the tabloid three weeks ago he would have addressed the issue then thereby removing it from becoming a factor later on.

He hoped it would go away. Not very smart. He needs to realize that this having it both ways will only go so far. Pretty soon people will want to talk about his ethnicity and his religious roots and it won't be racist or bigoted for them to do so because he WANTS to be considered the 'first' non-white out of the mainstream president.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 03:20 PM
You are a dumb human being.

go bowe
02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I think the period where meaningful discourse occurred in the D.C. forum about this election has ended.
that depends on the meaning of the word meaningful...

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
You are a dumb human being.

Great rebuttal. ROFL

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 03:34 PM
There's nothing to rebut. You're advocating Obama address everything that gets said about him in tabloids. You're a dumbass.

dirk digler
02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Disgusting tactic by the Clintons who have now admitted to getting distributing the photos.

This will seal her fate and her campaign is officially over.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
There's nothing to rebut. You're advocating Obama address everything that gets said about him in tabloids. You're a dumbass.

No, I advised him to address the picture. The story remains rather unseen and to give it attention would be to give it credibility it doesn't deserve. But the picture is authentic. As such, Obama has an obligation to tell us what the picture was about and not try to divert the issue.

dirk digler
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Retired Air Force Gen. Scott Gration, who accompanied Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on his trip to Kenya in 2006, on Monday defended Obama’s trying on local garb over his clothes during a visit to the rural Wajir region in the country, a picture of which is at the top right now of the Drudge Report.

Obama was merely being a “great guest,” Gration said.
The main story on the Drudge Report on Monday shows Obama fitted as a "Somali Elder” and Drudge’s story said “Clinton staffers” –who were not named--were circulating the picture.
The Obama campaign said release of this photo was “fear mongering” and “ divisive.” The Clinton campaign said the senator has been widely photographed wearing traditional dress, suggesting that there was nothing to raise a fuss about.

Gration was with Obama on every leg of the African visit, including Wajir, an area that often does not get the attention of foreign visitors. Obama, whose father was Kenyan, was treated as a head-of-state during the visit, part of a multi-nation trip of which Kenya was the highlight. Obama, his wife Michelle, their two daughters and friends accompanied them on the Kenya leg of the trip.
Gration is a Swahili-speaking retired Air Force major general, a native of St. Charles, Ill., who spent much of his youth in Africa. I asked him about the circumstances surrounding the photo during a conference call the Obama campaign organized as a prebuttal to a major foreign policy speech Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) will deliver today in Washington. The just completed call featured Obama foreign policy advisors Susan Rice, Gration and former Navy Secretary Richard Danzig.
“I was along on that picture,” Gration said. They were seeing a “community mobilization” in Wajir and witnessed the “live auction” of camels and other livestock..
During the course of this, Obama was given an outfit, and “as a great guest,” he tried it on, much in the way, Gration said, people “try on Christmas gifts” they may not want to keep.
Obama did “what any leader should do…accept the gift, accept the hospitality,” said Gration. Obama was “accepting a gift of friendship in a way we expect,” he said.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 03:46 PM
No, I advised him to address the picture. The story remains rather unseen and to give it attention would be to give it credibility it doesn't deserve. But the picture is authentic.

The picture is from 2006. If it had any relevance, Hillary wouldn't have waited till her campaign was shot to bring it up. She's resorted to pulling stuff from tabloids.

As such, Obama has an obligation to tell us what the picture was about and not try to divert the issue.

LMAO Everybody who's paying attention already knows what the picture is about.

There's no controversy here. Hillary's dirty campaign was going for a last ditch effort to call into question Obama's religion and tie him to radical islam.

dirk digler
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
No, I advised him to address the picture. The story remains rather unseen and to give it attention would be to give it credibility it doesn't deserve. But the picture is authentic. As such, Obama has an obligation to tell us what the picture was about and not try to divert the issue.

I just did so stfu and go away

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 04:01 PM
The picture is from 2006. If it had any relevance, Hillary wouldn't have waited till her campaign was shot to bring it up. She's resorted to pulling stuff from tabloids.

LMAO Everybody who's paying attention already knows what the picture is about.

There's no controversy here. Hillary's dirty campaign was going for a last ditch effort to call into question Obama's religion and tie him to radical islam.

Well then what is all the :deevee: about? If it's a non-issue then it's not wise for the Obama campaign and his followers to protest so loud. Afterall, some might wonder why if it's so damn innocent why would they be protesting so loud. Obama's campaign has succeeded in making this the lead story on CNN's Wolf Blitzer show. Good job. :thumb:

Really, all they are doing is proving how unhinged everyone will become later on when the attacks start getting nastier and more frequent. All this phony righteous indignation was over a photo that was already public.

Just wait if something surfaces that has never been seen before. And if there is something out there it will come out. And with all the protestations they are basically guaranteeing that people will be digging to try to make that picture look like part of a pattern vs. what it now appears to be.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 04:09 PM
None of this is surprising coming from someone who has sold out their beliefs on the Iraq war.

For someone who hates Obama for being 'phony', you sure have no problem being phony yourself or backing candidates you readily admit are phony.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Obama's campaign is taking a hit for the way they are handling this.

Tucker Carlson, one of the biggest Hillary haters on the planet, basically said 'don't take the picture if you don't want it out there' and then basically said 'if there is something wrong with it why did you take the picture.' Also, don't blame the Clinton campain if you look bad over something that is factually correct.

He thinks Obama's campaign blew this WAY out of proportion and their protestations are making it worse than it otherwise would be.

Gosh, what a lunatic he is. ROFL

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Lead story on Lou Dobbs. ROFL

Candy Crowley said there is no evidence the Clinton campaign is behind it.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 05:05 PM
I can't be the only one amused and also disappointed that this is even being talked about. It's embarrassing for the process and the country as a whole.

|Zach|
02-25-2008, 05:09 PM

So what will you be flailing your arms around about after he wins Texas and Ohio? I am trying to get a future glimpse into the bitter unhappy future you are going to bring us.

Poor fringers on the left and right. The country has finally abandoned your idiocy. Now you are all having a good cry together.

The Patty's and Meme's of the world unite...

Halfcan
02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
pretty low on Hitlery's part

a1na2
02-25-2008, 05:13 PM

I am Hillary Clinton and I've approved this message.

dirk digler
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM

<tt><tt> "Wouldn't we be seeing this on the cover of every magazine if it were HRC?" questioned one campaign staffer, in an email obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT.

</tt><tt>Also Chris Matthews said it was gutter politics so eat shit ****
</tt></tt>

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
So what will you be flailing your arms around about after he wins Texas and Ohio? I am trying to get a future glimpse into the bitter unhappy future you are going to bring us.

Poor fringers on the left and right. The country has finally abandoned your idiocy. Now you are all having a good cry together.

The Patty's and Meme's of the world unite...

I'll be fine. I'm prepared. :D

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
<tt><tt> "Wouldn't we be seeing this on the cover of every magazine if it were HRC?" questioned one campaign staffer, in an email obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT.

</tt><tt>Also Chris Matthews said it was gutter politics so eat shit ****
</tt></tt>

Chris Matthews gets a feeling up his leg for Obamessiah. He's hardly an objective source. Unlike Tucker Carlson who hates Clinton and seems to want to give HIM a pass.

dirk digler
02-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Chris Matthews gets a feeling up his leg for Obamessiah. He's hardly an objective source. Unlike Tucker Carlson who hates Clinton and seems to want to give HIM a pass.

:rolleyes: Excuses excuses. Everyone is saying this is gutter politics except for losers like you

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 05:54 PM
:rolleyes: Excuses excuses. Everyone is saying this is gutter politics except for losers like you

Really? The only people I've heard outraged about the 'gutter politics' are Obamabots.

Rain Man
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
I bet they wouldn't allow Hillary Clinton into Somalia. Even tribal warlords have standards.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
This is pretty tame stuff to get outraged over. I enjoy seeing memyselfi getting both barrels as much as the next guy, but there sure is a lot of outrage over a picture that Obama willingly had taken and that his people could easily explain if they believed they were communicating with a rational electorate instead of one that is going to be heavily influenced by pictures of strange attire and speeches about "doing something", being the "change we've been waiting for", and a "new tone".

This thread peaked at post #2. No one who has been kicking Bush over holding hands with Saudis or wearing funny looking regional attire has any room to complain about seeing Obama's picture all over the TV today.

This whole issue is much ado about very little, IMO.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 06:04 PM
This is pretty tame stuff to get outraged over. I enjoy seeing memyselfi getting both barrels as much as the next guy, but there sure is a lot of outrage over a picture that Obama willingly had taken and that his people could easily explain if they believed they were communicating with a rational electorate instead of one that is going to be heavily influenced by pictures of strange attire and speeches about "doing something", being the "change we've been waiting for", and a "new tone".

This thread peaked at post #2. No one who has been kicking Bush over holding hands with Saudis or wearing funny looking regional attire has any room to complain about seeing Obama's picture all over the TV today.

Exactly. It's the lead story on Keith Olbermann tonight. Obama's campaign made a mistake with their phony outrage.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 06:07 PM
It's the lead story on Keith Olbermann tonight.

Yes, and he's tearing Hillary a new one.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes, and he's tearing Hillary a new one.

Which he's been doing for weeks. But we hear about the picture more than we otherwise would have. Same with Bill O'Reilly as he featured the story as well.

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Which he's been doing for weeks. But we hear about the picture more than we otherwise would have. Same with Bill O'Reilly as he featured the story as well.

And that's why the Clinton campaign put the photograph out. It would be the lead story regardless of how the Obama campaign addressed it. Her campaign's response to it has been the bigger story. They didn't even bother to deny putting it out there OR downplay it's relevance. They only fed into it and it's this silly stuff that has led her campaign down the gutter.

memyselfI
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
And that's why the Clinton campaign put the photograph out. It would be the lead story regardless of how the Obama campaign addressed it. Her campaign's response to it has been the bigger story. They didn't even bother to deny putting it out there OR downplay it's relevance. They only fed into it and it's this silly stuff that has led her campaign down the gutter.

Perhaps Obama's campaign focused on this to divert from Louis Farrakhan's endorsement. :LOL:

We are witnessing the phenomenal rise of a man of color in a country that has persecuted us because of our color," he said. "If you look at Barack Obama's [diverse] audiences and look at the effect of his words, those people are being transformed from what they were,"*** Farrakhan said. "This young man isthe hope of the entire world that America will change and be a better place."

***http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images/cartoons/toon080214.gif

HolmeZz
02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Your criticisms of the Obama campaign have more to do with outside things than his actually candidacy itself.

You've brought nothing substantive the table for as long as you've been bashing Obama. Not even one thing you disagree with him politically.

keg in kc
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
It's too bad Hillary just can't sail off into the night with grace and dignity. But, then again, that would take at least a small degree of integrity.

HonestChieffan
02-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Remind me again why we should not fear this man?

|Zach|
02-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Remind me again why we should not fear this man?

Tell me again why we should?

You fearing him is pretty funny though. The horror!!!! Can I get a OMGBBQ!!11 from Cochise?

Logical
02-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Been a long time when I so completely disagreed with you. You can still be as frustrating as ever.

patteeu
02-25-2008, 08:04 PM

You fearing him is pretty funny though. The horror!!!! Can I get a OMGBBQ!!11 from Cochise?

His apparent willingness to retreat from Iraq is a good place to start.

dirk digler
02-25-2008, 08:13 PM

See Patteeu this is why the fighting over this picture means alot. Because you have to deal with simpleton idiots like this douchebag

Adept Havelock
02-25-2008, 08:27 PM
See Patteeu this is why the fighting over this picture means alot. Because you have to deal with simpleton idiots like this douchebag

There's no need to insult simpletons and douchebags like that. :harumph:

Bowser
02-25-2008, 08:33 PM
This thread reeks of Hillary induced sexual tension.

alanm
02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
This is pea shooter stuff. I'm waiting for when the Clintons bring out the Howitzers. Or decides to turn over all the dirt dug up on Obama to the RNC.LMAO

alanm
02-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I think the period where meaningful discourse occurred in the D.C. forum about this election has ended.I have the feeling their going to burn Denver down in August. And the Republicans won't even lift a finger to interfere. ROFL

a1na2
02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Cat fight!!!!

They are turning on their own.

Cannibalism has got to be next!

patteeu
02-26-2008, 04:35 AM

Do you think that HonestChieffan would have fallen for Obama if it hadn't been for this picture?

Baby Lee
02-26-2008, 06:04 AM

It's not that the innuendo itself is all that credible or outrageous, it's that the Clinton camp is even trying this shit that's outrageous [except for those of us who expect it of them].

It's like if, while the primary results were being tabulated, Hillary yelled "over there, it's Superman" then tried to stuff a pile of fake ballots in the box while everyone was distracted. Would we expect her to get away with this harebrained scheme? No. Do we have a right to be outraged that she'd even try? Sure.

Cochise
02-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Chris Matthews said it was gutter politics so eat shit ****
</tt></tt>

Well, nobody is campaigning harder this season than Chris Matthews.

Cochise
02-26-2008, 07:13 AM

Yes we can!

dirk digler
02-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Do you think that HonestChieffan would have fallen for Obama if it hadn't been for this picture?

I don't care if he is for Obama or not my concern is that people like him want to spread the message that Obama is a terrorist because of the picture.

Cochise
02-26-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't care if he is for Obama or not my concern is that people like him want to spread the message that Obama is a terrorist because of the picture.

Yeah, I definitely think he is one. I bet tons of people were finally convinced after seeing that. :doh!::drool:

dirk digler
02-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I definitely think he is one. I bet tons of people were finally convinced after seeing that. :doh!::drool:

If you don't think people think that then you're naive

xbarretx
02-26-2008, 08:29 AM

:clap: O-BA-MA...O-BA-MA...O-BA-MA!

Mr. Kotter
02-26-2008, 08:36 AM
If you don't think people think that then you're naive

:spock:

dirk....if you are hanging out with such people....you need to find a new group to hang with.

I'm sure there are some, but damn.....I don't suspect most of 'em have managed to find their way to a HS diploma, let alone a voting booth. :shake:

dirk digler
02-26-2008, 09:01 AM

dirk....if you are hanging out with such people....you need to find a new group to hang with.

I'm sure there are some, but damn.....I don't suspect most of 'em have managed to find their way to a HS diploma, let alone a voting booth. :shake:

You have to know that there are alot of people out there that believe that Obama could be a terrorist.

Hell we have one on this board named HonestChiefFan

NewChief
02-26-2008, 09:05 AM
You have to know that there are alot of people out there that believe that Obama could be a terrorist.

In all fairness, I've always hoped that those people who make such idiotic claims (Hog Farmer does as well) are trying to be funny or just irritate Obama supporters. If they truly believe it, then they're even stupider than I give them credit for.

That being said, we have 1 or 2 editorials a week in our papers that express similar sentiments. While some of those may just be written in a vein similar to the posters here, I'm quite sure that some of the people actually believe the crap they're writing.

memyselfI
02-26-2008, 09:06 AM

Well then be honest with yourself and ask who is ultimately responsible for the existence of the picture and who took the risk knowing it might be misinterpreted.

Only until you do will you be honest about the picture and the ramifications of it.

Obama :deevee: about it now is like the chicks who pose for naked pictures when they were no one and then are all upset when they show up on the internet after they are famous.

xbarretx
02-26-2008, 09:27 AM

QFT

LMAO (laughing with...not AT so no reaming me Kotter ;) )

xbarretx
02-26-2008, 09:31 AM

yeah but i think such tactics will continue to backfire in Hilary's face. Obama has the educated popular vote in spades. someone who is educated (as Kotter put it those with at least a HS diploma) shouldnt be fooled. I mean had this came out earlier it might have been waaaaaaaay more damaging but now it comes across as a desperate move IMHO. if pictures like that and a wife who is quoted saying "this was the first time i have been proud of my country" (or something along those lines) then i WILL sleep easier at night. heck....these last 8 years....well i think you would have to get up at the :cuss: crack of dawn to make things worse ...KNOCK ON WOOD.

*disclaimer* as pointed out by bkkcoh, spades is in no way meant as a racial or negative term and was actualy a mini-quote from scarface :bang:

bkkcoh
02-26-2008, 09:34 AM
yeah but i think such tactics will continue to backfire in Hilary's face. Obama has the educated popular vote in spades. someone who is educated (as Kotter put it those with at least a HS diploma) shouldnt be fooled. I mean had this came out earlier it might have been waaaaaaaay more damaging but now it comes across as a desperate move IMHO. if pictures like that and a wife who is quoted saying "this was the first time i have been proud of my country" (or something along those lines) then i WILL sleep easier at night. heck....these last 8 years....well i think you would have to get up at the :cuss: crack of dawn to make things worse ...KNOCK ON WOOD.

Bad choice of words, someone may consider you to be racist...... :p:doh!::harumph:

xbarretx
02-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Bad choice of words, someone may consider you to be racist...... :p:doh!::harumph:

LMAO LMAO LMAO true dat

*disclaimer* spades is in no way meant as a racial or negative term

(better? ;) ) you get some "keeping it real - Rep"

BigRedChief
02-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Negative campaigning not working as well as it once did

By DAVID LIGHTMAN
McClatchy Newspapers
<TABLE><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>WASHINGTON | Hillary Clinton apparently thought that she had a killer sound bite during last week’s Texas debate when she ripped Barack Obama as a promoter of “change you can Xerox.”
Instead, the audience booed, critics winced and the senator from New York’s attempt to demonize her rival fell flat.
On Monday, the Drudge Report Web site ran a 2006 photo of Obama in traditional African dress and reported that Clinton’s campaign had circulated the picture. Even conservative blogs turned up their noses at the tactic.
At least so far, 2008 is the year that negative campaigning just doesn’t work as it once did.
“It looks like people are just burned out on that stuff,” said Peter W. Schramm, the executive director of the Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs in Ohio.
In state after state, voters said they moved from Clinton to Obama — or, on the Republican side, from Mitt Romney to John McCain or Mike Huckabee — partly because they were tired of what seemed like politics as usual.
Analysts warn that the campaign still could turn on negatives. And the rules are likely to change in the general election.
But for now, voters and analysts see at least five reasons that going negative isn’t a positive development for campaigns that try it:
•Voters are excited about the candidates. “When you have two firsts — the first woman and the first African-American — there’s an enormous amount of enthusiasm, and people don’t want to be reminded of anything negative,” said Karlyn Bowman, senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute.
•Information overload. People seeking political news have more sources — updated more often — than ever, so most stories are old within hours.
The Internet and cable-TV world spent Thursday hashing and rehashing a New York Times story on McCain’s alleged relationship with a lobbyist, but by Friday the McCain news was about the Federal Election Commission warning the senator from Arizona about his campaign spending.
•A higher tolerance for misbehavior. McCain has talked about his years as a rowdy and often-reckless young man, and Obama detailed his drug use in his memoirs.
•Negative campaigning went too far. In the 2000 South Carolina primary, McCain’s opponents used “push polling” to ask voters inclined to prefer him whether they were willing to back him if they knew he had an illegitimate black child. McCain and his wife adopted a girl from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh.
•The charges don’t fit.
When President Jimmy Carter painted Ronald Reagan as a zealot who couldn’t be trusted with his finger on the nuclear button, the tactic bombed. Some voters looked at the genial Reagan and wondered what Carter was talking about.

<HR class=infobox-hr-separator>@ Go to KansasCity.com for updates on the presidential campaign.

<HR class=infobox-hr-separator>Fuss over photo
WASHINGTON | A photograph circulating on the Internet of Barack Obama dressed in traditional local garments during a visit to Kenya in 2006 caused a campaign dustup Monday. The Associated Press photograph showed Obama wearing a turban and a wraparound robe presented to him by elders in Wajir, in northeastern Kenya.
The Web site the Drudge Report posted the photo Monday and said it was being circulated by “Clinton staffers” and quoted an e-mail from an unidentified campaign aide.

xbarretx
02-26-2008, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=BigRedChief;4602545]Negative campaigning not working as well as it once did

Rep for you BigRed, i truly think it was bad timing on Hilary's part. but, im not saying that had she done it earlier it would have worked. i'm just saying that it woudlnt have looked as bad on her part.

p.s. i finially got a HS that works :clap:

xbarretx
02-26-2008, 09:53 AM

Rep, i think the true problem with this election is that the campaigning has been going on "forever" i mean what are we going on a year and a half of campaigning already?

patteeu
02-26-2008, 10:17 AM

You mean kind of like the way people want to spread the message that GWB is dumb or Dick Cheney is fleecing America for the sake of Halliburton?

dirk digler
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
In all fairness, I've always hoped that those people who make such idiotic claims (Hog Farmer does as well) are trying to be funny or just irritate Obama supporters. If they truly believe it, then they're even stupider than I give them credit for.

That being said, we have 1 or 2 editorials a week in our papers that express similar sentiments. While some of those may just be written in a vein similar to the posters here, I'm quite sure that some of the people actually believe the crap they're writing.

I realize HogFarmer is just playing around and his posts are pretty funny and I never take them serious. HCF though is a different story.

*disclaimer* as pointed out by bkkcoh, spades is in no way meant as a racial or negative term and was actualy a mini-quote from scarface :bang:

Yep totally agree

BucEyedPea
02-26-2008, 10:19 AM
You mean kind of like the way people want to spread the message that GWB is dumb or Dick Cheney is fleecing America for the sake of Halliburton?

'Cept there is more truth in these examples than in Obama being a terrorist.

dirk digler
02-26-2008, 10:22 AM

I thought those were true. :Poke: :p

Anyway comparing GWB to being dumb or Dick Cheney stealing is tame to comparing Obama to a terrorist because of the picture or because of his name.

memyselfI
02-26-2008, 10:49 AM

The REALLY racist fear mongering sentiment here (not coming from you specifically, BEP) is that anyone wearing a turban IS a terrorist.

People are outraged because it's their guy supposedly being pegged as such but yet they fail to see the larger context of how their outrage is perpetuating the incorrect stereotype.:rolleyes:

dirk digler
02-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I wish I was as gracious as Obama is.

"It is important for me as well as Sen. Clinton to communicate to our staffs as well that . . . we're both trying out for quarterback, but we're on the same team," he said in a press conference, where he picked up the endorsement of Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.).

With tensions rising between the two remaining Democratic candidates, Obama was asked about Clinton's mocking comment that he was selling a vision of "celestial choirs" in attempting to persuade voters he could solve problems.

"I think things have gotten a little hotter over the last couple of days, but these things have gone, sort of, in ebbs and flows," Obama said.

One day after allegations that the Clinton campaign had circulated a photo showing Obama in Somali native dress, a reminder to voters of his African ancestry, Obama attempted to move on from the controversy.

"At this stage of the campaign, there are going to be dust-ups, particularly at the staff level," Obama said. "Certainly I don't think that photograph was circulated to enhance my candidacy. I think that's fair to say. Do I think it's reflective of Sen. Clinton's approach to campaigning? Probably not. And so at this point, my interest is just moving forward and talking about the issues that are going to be helpful to the people of Ohio.

HolmeZz
02-26-2008, 10:55 AM

I heard my mother spewing the 'unpatriotic' and 'muslim' stuff about him because she had read it in that mass e-mail the Clinton's set out late last year. My mom's not particularly informed when it comes to politics, but she's not an idiot. That's what these kinds of things are designed for; you plant the seed of doubt in their mind early and then you throw crap like this against the wall and hope it's left it's mark.

patteeu
02-26-2008, 11:17 AM

See? Here's another version of that HonestChieffan post except that the targets are different.

I thought those were true. :Poke: :p

Anyway comparing GWB to being dumb or Dick Cheney stealing is tame to comparing Obama to a terrorist because of the picture or because of his name.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about that.

alanm
02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes we can!
Bob the Builder is still waiting for his royalty check. :cuss:

Coach
02-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Allegedly, the picture has nothing to do with Muslims at all....it's about honoring a nation in Africa that certain nomads dress.

scott free
02-26-2008, 06:24 PM
My first instinct, was a GREAT laugh...almost in tears, the brazeness of the release, the look of the pic itself...it was all a trap for Obama, bait him into the most obvious response of fear mongering & then spring the trap of basically "well, if Senator Obama finds the issue of his dress as divisive, then thats on him...why does HE find it offensive???".

Billary are really pulling out the stops.

NewChief
02-26-2008, 06:44 PM
My first instinct, was a GREAT laugh...almost in tears, the brazeness of the release, the look of the pic itself...it was all a trap for Obama, bait him into the most obvious response of fear mongering & then spring the trap of basically "well, if Senator Obama finds the issue of his dress as divisive, then thats on him...why does HE find it offensive???".

Billary are really pulling out the stops.

Also, if I were him, I'd twist it on them. They keep talking about his lack of FP experience, yet this picture shows him out meeting with other nations and countries, off US soil.
I would like to see what the reaction would have been had they just come out with something like, "We thank the Clinton campaign for pointing out this picture that serves as a small demonstration of Senator Obama's work in other countries. Let's look at some other instances where Senator Obama has demonstrated his abilities in working with other countries..."

scott free
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Also, if I were him, I'd twist it on them. They keep talking about his lack of FP experience, yet this picture shows him out meeting with other nations and countries, off US soil.
I would like to see what the reaction would have been had they just come out with something like, "We thank the Clinton campaign for pointing out this picture that serves as a small demonstration of Senator Obama's work in other countries. Let's look at some other instances where Senator Obama has demonstrated his abilities in working with other countries..."

Great point, this thing could be twisted right back.

Coach
02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Obama should go the Reagan route. "There you go again..."

"Sen. Clinton, I am paying for this microphone."

Baby Lee
02-27-2008, 05:40 AM
He should be allowed to wear the clothing of his native country.

patteeu
02-27-2008, 01:01 PM

That's some excellent political judo right there.

patteeu
02-27-2008, 01:03 PM

You'd better watch that, mister. Bill Cunningham was admonished by Senator McCain for saying the candidate's name.

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 01:03 PM

A loin cloth and a spear? Nothing more?

go bowe
02-27-2008, 01:22 PM
T* * *

There's no controversy here. Hillary's dirty campaign was going for a last ditch effort to call into question Obama's religion and tie him to radical islam.yeah, people who are otherwise rational and intelligent still think barack is a muslim because he attended a radical madrassa, refused to be sworn in on a bible, and is really part of a sleeper cell waiting for his cue to destroy america from within...

we better be on the lookout if osama-bama actually gets elected...

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I got curious about Obama's roots. So I did some googling. He's from the Luo tribe of Kenya. Kenya has over 40 different ethnic groups. The Luo are from the western part of Kenya reside on the shores of Lake Victoria. So they're called a Nilotic tribe ( from the Nile area). They're considered the intellectuals of Kenya. But the Muslims are on the east and coastal side of Kenya. That
s not Obama's roots.

Here's the traditional dress of the Luo:

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Here's another, much smaller, of the Luo male's dress.

memyselfI
02-27-2008, 01:51 PM
I got curious about Obama's roots. So I did some googling. He's from the Luo tribe of Kenya. Kenya has over 40 different ethnic groups. The Luo are from the western part of Kenya reside on the shores of Lake Victoria. So they're called a Nilotic tribe ( from the Nile area). They're considered the intellectuals of Kenya. But the Muslims are on the east and coastal side of Kenya. That
s not Obama's roots.

Here's the traditional dress of the Luo:

I think there are many questions about his roots. I've read that the all the men on his paternal father's side were Muslim. His stepfather was Muslim. His mother was obviously VERY comfortable in that religious tradition to marry not one but two men of that faith. His half siblings are mostly Muslim.

From what you've posted then they would be practicing a religion not native to where they originated from. :spock:

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I think there are many questions about his roots. I've read that the all the men on his paternal father's side were Muslim. His stepfather was Muslim. His mother was obviously VERY comfortable in that religious tradition to marry not one but two men of that faith. His half siblings are mostly Muslim.

From what you've posted then they would be practicing a religion not native to where they originated from. :spock:

I don't know. I just googled "Obama's roots" to see what part of Africa he was from. I just took what the list said...it said he claimed to be from the Luo tribe. Then I googled that tribe's name for pictures of their dress.

I can't explain the Muslim relatives...but that's a religion. There are African or Black Muslims. Arabs are just a semitic group of the ME area. (Arabian peninsula, Fertile Crescent and part of Egypt). Iranians are mostly Persian. There are Christian and Jewish Arabs but Muslims are the majority faith. There are Indian's that are Muslim, SE Asians and central Asians.

But in terms of his ancestral garb, it would be Luo dress. Maybe there are some Luo's that are or converted to Islam. That would mostly likely explain things.

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Den,
The Muslim con quest extended all the way to Spain and Morrocco, across northern Africa, the ME, the Balkans up to Austria, Turkey, Iran, Caucasus, Afghanistan all the way to India. The Muslim faith has spread all the way to Indonesia and Malayasian peninsula and even Russia. It's a world-wide now. In fact mosques are being outbuilt 2-1 to churches in the US.

memyselfI
02-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't know. I just googled "Obama's roots" to see what part of Africa he was from. I just took what the list said...it said he claimed to be from the Luo tribe. Then I googled that tribe's name for pictures of their dress.

I can't explain the Muslim relatives...but that's a religion. There are African or Black Muslims. Arabs are just a semitic group of the ME area. (Arabian peninsula, Fertile Crescent and part of Egypt). Iranians are mostly Persian. There are Christian and Jewish Arabs but Muslims are the majority faith. There are Indian's that are Muslim, SE Asians and central Asians.

But in terms of his ancestral garb, it would be Luo dress. Maybe there are some Luo's that are or converted to Islam. That would mostly likely explain things.

Yes. I was mostly intrigued by the geography and wondering how common that would have been for that time to be practicing a religion different than the area of which you reside.

Logical
02-27-2008, 02:16 PM
You'd better watch that, mister. Bill Cunningham was admonished by Senator McCain for saying the candidate's name.

Hillarious part of all that is I and many others had never heard of Bill Cunningham until McCain disavowed everything that he had said about Obama.