PDA

View Full Version : Taxes Suck

Hoover
02-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Sorry just needed to vent. Me and the Mrs. just did the taxes looks like I'll be sending the goverment more of my money.

What the hell is it going to be like next year once the bush tax cuts are gone.

BEND OVER

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Pay up, you rich DINKs. ;)

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Or maybe Bush's tax breaks for the wealthy will be gone so that there's more relief for the middle class...

not to mention not spending billions of dollars on bullshit wars.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Or maybe Bush's tax breaks for the wealthy will be gone

Unless you're one of the people getting those breaks, in which case, sucks to be you.

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Or maybe Bush's tax breaks for the wealthy will be gone so that there's more relief for the middle class...

not to mention not spending billions of dollars on bullshit wars.

WEALTHY?

If you think ONLY wealthy people benefited from the Bush tax cuts....you gotta be kiddin' me. :rolleyes:

Seriously, as a teacher in the lowest paid teacher state in the U.S.....I benefited from Bush's tax cuts to the "rich," to the tune of $3-4 grand. I'm dead serious. Of course, four kids "help," heh.

That's why Obama has said, he'll repeal the Bush tax cuts for those above, what, $175k....for married-filing-jointly types/or $100k for singles? Right? :hmmm:

Sounds about right to me.... :)

:thumb:

cookster50
02-26-2008, 05:33 AM
If you think ONLY wealthy people benefited from the Bush tax cuts....you gotta be kiddin' me. :rolleyes:

Hey now, we wouldn't want facts to get in the way of hating on everything Bush did.

Herzig
02-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Probably not a popular view here, but I don't mind paying my taxes. In fact, I think it is my responsibility as a US citizen. I think it's a downright patriotic thing to do.

Here's why. When a visit a country with a very low tax rate(like Mexico 16%), it is very evident that they lack tons of infrastructure(roads, schools, help for people who need it, etc.). I think the Bush tax cuts were bad for our country. Clinton began to get us out Bush & Reagan's huge debts and the country prospered in the 90's. Now, we have the biggest debt ever.

In fact, I heard on the news the other day that for the US to get out of debt, every person out of 300 million people in our country would have to pay $30,000. It's time for us as a nation to be more fiscally responsible.

Dartgod
02-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Can we get this political crap out of the main forum please?

Hog Farmer
02-26-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm getting back about $25,000. But, thats only because my business lost 47 hundred thousand Billion dollars.

1adam1238
02-26-2008, 06:47 AM
I hate Texas too.

chief52
02-26-2008, 07:12 AM
What the hell is it going to be like next year once the bush tax cuts are gone.

While a few things have changed...I got hit harder than ever. Not sure where the "tax cuts" went, but I can guarantee you it did not come my way. Damn, they hit me hard this year.

bkkcoh
02-26-2008, 07:14 AM
While a few things have changed...I got hit harder than ever. Not sure where the "tax cuts" went, but I can guarantee you it did not come my way. Damn, they hit me hard this year.

You must be not be one of those rich people who got the tax cuts..

Start popping out offspring, that is a reall good tax deduction..... :toast:

Cochise
02-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Yeah... I can't wait until taxes go up... I'll really be set then. I don't need them to go down, I just need a government cheese buffet. That will make life better.

bkkcoh
02-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Tax cuts can be a good thing if there is a reduction in spending that goes with it. but have you really ever seen that from any congress. I sure haven't, every year the budget is bigger then the year before.

sparkky
02-26-2008, 07:40 AM
most working Americans don't mind paying "their fair share" but that amount is too much.
tax dollars are wasted on 3rd world shit holes that don't like us any way and could care less about "living the American dream", scientific studies of South American dickless tree frogs mating habits, providing services to people who aren't here legally in the first place and TPTB own personal pet projects.

Amnorix
02-26-2008, 08:06 AM
The debt and deficit suck worse, and they're getting worse. Can we please have fiscal sanity in the White House?

Amnorix
02-26-2008, 08:08 AM
WEALTHY?

Seriously, as a teacher in the lowest paid teacher state in the U.S.....I benefited from Bush's tax cuts to the "rich," to the tune of $3-4 grand. I'm dead serious. Of course, four kids "help," heh.

That's why Obama has said, he'll repeal the Bush tax cuts for those above, what, $175k....for married-filing-jointly types/or $100k for singles? Right? :hmmm:

Sounds about right to me.... :)

:thumb:

Everyoen benefitted from Bush's tax cuts. The plan was slanted towards the wealthy, however, and was not designed to be economic stimulus. They were unfortunate for a number of reasons.

Not the least of which is that we've lost all budgetary discipline which the DEMOCRATS obtained at great political cost through the Clinton years, and we're not back to systemic and structural deficits and NOBODY cares about it.

Well, they'll care in 20 years when Social Security and Medicare and other programs important to millions are murdered and the economy suffers due to the chronic overspending.

Amnorix
02-26-2008, 08:10 AM
most working Americans don't mind paying "their fair share" but that amount is too much.
tax dollars are wasted on 3rd world shit holes that don't like us any way and could care less about "living the American dream", scientific studies of South American dickless tree frogs mating habits, providing services to people who aren't here legally in the first place and TPTB own personal pet projects.

Less than 1% of the federal budget goes towards Foreign Aid.

But don't let facts dissuade you from your preconceived notions.

Brock
02-26-2008, 08:11 AM
I hate taxes and the whining whiners who whine about them in the wrong forum.

bkkcoh
02-26-2008, 08:12 AM
The debt and deficit suck worse, and they're getting worse. Can we please have fiscal sanity in the White House?

Probably not with the millions in new proposals from the current crop of presidental candidates and without increasing taxes and/or the debt, regardless of the letter at the end of the name.

:banghead:

Amnorix
02-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Probably not with the millions in new proposals from the current crop of presidental candidates and without increasing taxes and/or the debt, regardless of the letter at the end of the name.

:banghead:

Right. "Cutting the deficit has no constituency".

It's pathetic, it's bad governance, and the average voter isn't smart enough to figure it out.

Chief Faithful
02-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Tax cuts can be a good thing if there is a reduction in spending that goes with it. but have you really ever seen that from any congress. I sure haven't, every year the budget is bigger then the year before.

Tax cuts have proved historically to be a good thing even when spending goes up. That is because the tax is an income tax not a consumption tax.

The current problem is no fiscal discipline in the White House or Congress. In other words spending is out of control. With all the promises being made I don't see a change coming no matter who is elected.

JBucc
02-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Texas does suck

edit: dammit, beaten.

Rain Man
02-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Texas does suck

At least Texas doesn't have taxes.

Hoover
02-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Now I don't mind paying my fair share, but man a live between my property tax bills and my income taxes I'm paying out the nose and I'm far from wealthy. I guess I need to the Mrs. to start poping out some little ones.

jAZ
02-26-2008, 09:36 AM
You of all people have no excuse for posting this in the lounge.

MVChiefFan
02-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Long gone are the days for me getting back any kind of money. It's good to make a lot but when you get hit for several thousand you're never happy to hand it over. Bunch of thieving bastards!

chasedude
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Just figured mine last night... The Feds want $6 more and KS wants $101 more. I'm waiting until April 15th to send the cash in... bloodsuckers!

Simply Red
02-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Can we get this political crap out of the main forum please?.

Amnorix
02-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Now I don't mind paying my fair share, but man a live between my property tax bills and my income taxes I'm paying out the nose and I'm far from wealthy. I guess I need to the Mrs. to start poping out some little ones.

You'll soon learn that little ones cost more than the deduction gets you. :D

Most likely, you're just confused about how little it takes to be pretty well off in this country.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c8/Income_groups.jpg/335px-Income_groups.jpg

The above graph shows the percentage earning the amount shown on the graph or more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Personal_Household_Income_U.png

SNR
02-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Surprised mememe hasn't contributed in this thread yet. It's a perfect excuse for her to post once in the main forum just to retain her membership.

manchambo
02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
For those who say they don't mind paying their "fair share," but that the amount they are actually paying is too much, how much have you determined is your "fair share," and how did you calculate that sum?

My guess is that the definition of "fair share" actually is "some amount less than I'm actually paying."

Bearcat
02-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Most likely, you're just confused about how little it takes to be pretty well off in this country.

I completely agree, and I think it's funny when rebate limits for single people are at $100,000 or even $75,000. Granted, the cost of living in the Midwest is obviously lower than either coast, I had no problems living off less than a 3rd of that out of college, and while I make more now, I still don't know what I'd do with $100,000 a year.

Maybe the government should use some of that tax money to teach high school and college kids how to manage money.

jawaba2k
02-29-2008, 05:57 AM
:deevee:

banyon
02-29-2008, 07:25 AM
http://indi.blogs.com/indica/taxCutMiddleUpper.jpg

Bowser
02-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Personal property tax is the one that really pisses me off. You're telling me that I have to pay tax on an item that I have already purchased (or am in the process of purchasing) that has already had tax figured into the price? What the ****?

I had to pay 500 bucks on my two cars, both of which are over 6 years old. Horseshit.

patteeu
02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Not the least of which is that we've lost all budgetary discipline which the DEMOCRATS obtained at great political cost through the Clinton years, ...

Please. Both parties contributed to the surpluses of the late 90's. Bill Clinton could not have done it without the Republican majority in Congress keeping the reigns on spending. Spending restraint wouldn't have happened if the democrats had remained in the majority anymore than it happened when Republicans controlled both the WH and Congress under Bush. Not to mention the good fortune of an internet- and Y2K-driven, extended economic growth spurt.

patteeu
02-29-2008, 11:01 AM
For those who say they don't mind paying their "fair share," but that the amount they are actually paying is too much, how much have you determined is your "fair share," and how did you calculate that sum?

My guess is that the definition of "fair share" actually is "some amount less than I'm actually paying."

I'll be happier when our poor start paying their fair share of the income tax.

patteeu
02-29-2008, 11:04 AM
http://indi.blogs.com/indica/taxCutMiddleUpper.jpg

The middle quintile don't even pay $58,220 in taxes to begin with so even if they had their tax liability fully forgiven, they couldn't compare to that number. I don't feel too sorry for middle quintile folks.

banyon
02-29-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll be happier when our poor start paying their fair share of the income tax.

The lower class already pays a higher effective rate than the wealthy, how much more do you want?

patteeu
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
The lower class already pays a higher effective rate than the wealthy, how much more do you want?

Well I'd like to do away with the income tax, but as long as we're going to have it, I think everyone should pay it. I won't consider it a fair share until progressivity is exterminated, but just paying a little bit will at least be a start.

donkhater
02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
One of the most devious things the government does the federal withholding of taxes from ones paycheck. Plenty of people I know taken little to no exemptions so they will get a huge refund every year.

I suspect the government gladly hands out refund checks every year since:
1. They were able to use that money interest-free while they had it.
2. The people who get refunds actually look forward to tax time as a time when they get money from Uncle Sam and thus are less likely to care about the state of the federal budget.

If everyone got a tax bill at the end of the year that they had to physically pay from their wallet, I believe the public would be holding our representatives more accountable.