PDA

View Full Version : New Obama Campaign commercial

memyselfI
02-26-2008, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v80By52jOI

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2v80By52jOI&rel=0&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2v80By52jOI&rel=0&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

I heard this today and thought it was great!!!! o:-)

jAZ
02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v80By52jOI
I heard this today and thought it was great!!!! o:-)

From the video description at YouTube: "Audio track is a parody from Rush Limbaugh radio show".

Strange how you've become exactly the thing that you despise.

memyselfI
02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Strange how you don't mind when I'm attacking something you dislike...

Mr. Kotter
02-26-2008, 02:33 PM

You gotta admit....it IS strange how you, now seemingly...finally, get what us conservatives have been saying to you for years and years....

The "Change....it's not always better" ending to this parody ad...

You know, the ole "change for the sake of change" argument.

Funny how you've rejected it when directed at you or the left, but now embrace it to criticize Obama's "change".....not to speak of the irony of you embracing anything connected to Rush.

Heh.

;)

Adept Havelock
02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
From the video description at YouTube: "Audio track is a parody from Rush Limbaugh radio show".

What's strange about it? Look into the abyss long enough...

Or for the supernaturally inclined: "Dance with the devil, the devil don't change"...

Something about wallowing in the mud long enough also comes to mind...

:shrug:

Mr. Kotter
02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
What's strange about it? Look into the abyss long enough...

Or for the supernaturally inclined..."Dance with the devil, the devil don't change"...

:shrug:

LMAO

She has said, IIRC....that she does listen to him on occasion, to hear his stuff so she knows what the "enemy" is saying...or maybe that's just Rosie O'Donnell. I can't remember....:hmmm:

Rush's power is more than we knew; he converted queen moonbat herself.

I'm expecting Streisand and Ted Kennedy's "conversions" any day now. Heh.

:evil:

HolmeZz
02-26-2008, 02:39 PM

Meme's not one to stick to her convictions. It's why she had no problem selling out her Iraq war stance.

memyselfI
02-26-2008, 02:52 PM
You gotta admit....it IS strange how you, now seemingly...finally, get what us conservatives have been saying to you for years and years....

The "Change....it's not always better" ending to this parody ad...

You know, the ole "change for the sake of change" argument.

Funny how you've rejected it when directed at you or the left, but now embrace it to criticize Obama's "change".....not to speak of the irony of you embracing anything connected to Rush.

Heh.

;)

First off, I've been a Rush listener for YEARS. I usually disagree with him 110%.

Secondly, I'm Taurus. I don't do change very well to begin with. Thus, I've not been a big proponent of change for change sake. I'm pragmatic and when I want change I want it to be meaningful and methodical change. Unless it's shoes or purses which I've been known to change on a weekly, daily, or sometimes multiple times daily. That is where my restless soul experiences real and sudden change...

Obama's 'change' is demagogy and that is why I reject it. His words are purposefully vague so that anyone can read anything they want into it. Thus, there is going to be a great deal of disillusionment when people realize their idea of what he meant is different than what their neighbor thought and different still from what Obamessiah actually meant.

That is why it's easy to ridicule this notion of change. It's actually the status quo cleverly wrapped into passages that each individual gets to interpret as their own meaning. In the end, each individual has the realization that it was just words.

That is why this commercial is so funny. It sounds like it could be from an Obamessiah follower just as easy as it could have been from Rush...accompanying images aside.

jAZ
02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
You've had LOTS of negative things to say about Obama all over this board, and I hardly ever choose to reply. This about the fact that you are pimping a Rush Limbaugh video. I'd find you doing that strange, no matter who the target might be.

memyselfI
02-27-2008, 12:49 PM
You've had LOTS of negative things to say about Obama all over this board, and I hardly ever choose to reply. This about the fact that you are pimping a Rush Limbaugh video. I'd find you doing that strange, no matter who the target might be.

To my knowledge, Rush is the first person who has made a parody video like this one. If someone else had first and I had know about it then I would have posted it. The video itself is hilarious. The fact that it comes from Rush is tragic because that ensures people who would otherwise consider the deeper meaning of it will completely ignore it.

Fat Elvis
02-27-2008, 01:08 PM
First off, I've been a Rush listener for YEARS. I usually disagree with him 110%.

Secondly, I'm Taurus. I don't do change very well to begin with. Thus, I've not been a big proponent of change for change sake. I'm pragmatic and when I want change I want it to be meaningful and methodical change. Unless it's shoes or purses which I've been known to change on a weekly, daily, or sometimes multiple times daily. That is where my restless soul experiences real and sudden change...

Obama's 'change' is demagogy and that is why I reject it. His words are purposefully vague so that anyone can read anything they want into it. Thus, there is going to be a great deal of disillusionment when people realize their idea of what he meant is different than what their neighbor thought and different still from what Obamessiah actually meant.

That is why it's easy to ridicule this notion of change. It's actually the status quo cleverly wrapped into passages that each individual gets to interpret as their own meaning. In the end, each individual has the realization that it was just words.

That is why this commercial is so funny. It sounds like it could be from an Obamessiah follower just as easy as it could have been from Rush...accompanying images aside.

Well. I guess now I'm convinced. Rationalizing things from behavior to politcal affiliation because of one's zodiological sign is truely the hallmark of well thought out actions.

Obama is a Leo, and you are a Taurus. No wonder you hate him.

Unless both practice compromise, there will be conflict. Leo thrives on attention and affection.Taurus naturally dishes out. Taurus often tolerates being dominated by Leo. Until, one day, the worm turns. Leo's big ideas can be disturbing to the conservative Taurus. When this twosome are putting each other through their passionate paces in the beautiful boudoir they couldn't be happier.Things will be torrentially torrid and tactile and stunningly sensuous. After all, Taurus is the sign of passion and Leo is one of the two signs of amour, so this cupid couple will find ecstasy and fantastic fulfillment in each other's arms.
Leo-Taurus Compatibility

There's only one problem.The moment they climb out of bed and descend from their emotional to the real world, everything can start to go woefully wrong, because they just refuse to see each other's point of view. They can both be intransigent and neither will give in to the other one.You see,they're both fixed signs.

Leos believe that they're right and they won't alter their original opinion no matter what you do or say. So, if these argumentative amourettes want their relationship to work, they've got to look in a dictionary to discover the meaning of all sorts of words, like compromise, diplomacy and flexibility.Otherwise, they'll find that words like love and loyalty don't mean much any more. Though they'll both keep plodding on with their partnership.

Cochise
02-27-2008, 01:10 PM

Do you perhaps see some irony in beating up on Dense because of her source, when you frequently post things from talking points memo or whatever other dubious and equally partisan sources? Maybe Dense is laying out for Rush's skin rag in this instance, but you move partisan hackery through here like Larry Flynt.

memyselfI
02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Well. I guess now I'm convinced. Rationalizing things from behavior to politcal affiliation because of one's zodiological sign is truely the hallmark of well thought out actions.

Obama is a Leo, and you are a Taurus. No wonder you hate him.

I've been married to a Leo for 22 years. :doh!: I know an authentic Leo when I see one. Obama ain't one.

NewChief
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been married to a Leo for 22 years. :doh!: I know an authentic Leo when I see one. Obama ain't one.

So we can add this to your laundry list:

He's not even true to his zoological sign.

I believe we've veered away from silly season, and we're now fully in the moonbat zone.

jettio
02-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Obama is going to have a lot of trouble winning over the cynical and hateful microdick demographic.

No doubt about that.

Even without those poisoned souls, He will win, probably by a landslide.

memyselfI
02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
So we can add this to your laundry list:

He's not even true to his zoological sign.

I believe we've veered away from silly season, and we're now fully in the moonbat zone.

No, he's true to his sign. They tend to be very ego centered and driven...

they are Lions after all.

I meant authentic as in honest and sincere. I have said from the beginning that I thought Obamessiah is a phony and a media creation.

memyselfI
02-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Obama is a Leo, and you are a Taurus.

Where did you get that compatibility synopsis. I'd not read that particular one. It was very heavy on the sexual aspect of the relationship. My husband would get a kick out of reading that one.