PDA

View Full Version : National Health Care Predictions

el borracho
02-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Two of the top three candidates are stumping on and on about health care reform. Any move towards a national health care system would be an incredible accomplishment but changes of this kind require so much money that it would seem almost impossible to achieve. Let's hear your predictions. Will there be a national plan? How would it work? Where will the money come from?

What changes, if any, will there be in health care by the year 2012?

Cochise
02-27-2008, 12:36 PM
It won't happen.

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 12:37 PM
I think it will be a mass subsidization of homepathic remedy based healthcare with people going to Europe for treatments.

dirk digler
02-27-2008, 12:39 PM
If Hillary or Obama are the POTUS I am fairly confidant some form of it will come to pass especially if predicted the Dems grab a huge majority in both the House and the Senate

memyselfI
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Nothing especially consumer friendly will happen if Obama or McCain wins as each will give major concessions to TPTB. Minor changes will happen with Hillary. The goal of universal health care will remain elusive.

pikesome
02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
I think it will be a mass subsidization of homepathic remedy based healthcare with people going to Europe for treatments.

Please, for the love of God, let this be tongue in cheek. Or sarcasm. Or anything other than the truth. Please. Pretty please.

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, now, just what do you think, pikesome? LMAO

pikesome
02-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, now, just what do you think. pikesome?

With the deep seas of stupid that wash upon the shores of this country at times, sometimes I worry.

If it really does happen, I'm blaming you.

BucEyedPea
02-27-2008, 12:51 PM
With the deep seas of stupid that wash upon the shores of this country at times, sometimes I worry.

Well then, we'll finally have that wonderful socialized health care system of Europe, because that's about what we will be able to pay for. They use more low tech over there, which I happen to agree with but I'm in the minority here.

xbarretx
02-27-2008, 12:52 PM

LMAO!!!! ;)

i think the issue should not be that everyone has healthcare care. Look at it now and the 400% increases we've seen in costs alone. The goal should be to make it more affordable, insurance companies have gotten away with way to much. its time for them to DO what they promise. Why is it that someone can get a mutli thousand dollar operation that isnt major and it gets paid for no questions asked....but insurance companies FIGHT YOU TOOTH AND NAIL to correct conditions such as Plagiocephaly. using a helmet to help correct my sons head cost only 2k. MUCH CHEAPER THAN SURGERY! and yet they consider it cosmetic for a parent to correct a SEVERE case of Plagiocephaly. a big F-U to Coventry. as a man i rarely go to the dr's. i promise that i will again use coventry and go for everything....and i mean everything! they will pay for it in the end b/c im not letting my son grow up with a deformed skull that can lead to various physical and psychological issues. yes i understand that my rant is off topic but i needed to vent.

sorry for my rant...the moral to my story is fine they (any candidate) want to make heath care universal then they had :cuss: better make it more affordable b/c with Tort dr's cant practice b/c the costs of insurance against tort are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that’s a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

pikesome
02-27-2008, 12:55 PM
LMAO!!!!

p.s. you never replied...is that Dr Giggles?

Oh, yea. It is. That's the HC this national BS is going to get us.

tiptap
02-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't "like" the Massachusetts plan. But it does show us the scale of the undertaking. The number of uninsured and underinsured was underestimated. That is the number of people "choosing" the government subsidized insurance was larger by a fourth than was originally accounted for in setting up the program. That means a fourth larger expenditure for this group from the government. And this Plan still feeds profits to the middle men of Insurance groups add huge impediments to paying providers. The push to make money by insurance groups has tended to isolate participants, both providers and patients, from each other and among the participants, in seeking health services. It makes every sense to seek an adversarial stance against making payments and questioning medical decisions to support the bottom line.

There is around 2 trillion dollars already in the medical part of the economy. 16% verses 10% in most other democratic countries. The costs have risen twice the inflation rate.

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=Nh-q0_rjHaQC&oi=fnd&pg=PA388&dq=total+health+premiums&ots=0nJGaFlwgz&sig=NtfF-XfTYn8nsfbTQwO3ROubsjY#PPA388,M1

http://www.nchc.org/facts/cost.shtml

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2006/april/massachusetts_health.php

xbarretx
02-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh, yea. It is. That's the HC this national BS is going to get us.

uh oh, time to hide worthless dollars in our couch and pillows and hide in the fallout shelter?

hehe, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt crazy on ya avatar :) :toast: avatar REP!

xbarretx
02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
There is around 2 trillion dollars already in the medical part of the economy. 16% verses 10% in most other democratic countries. The costs have risen twice the inflation rate.

QUOTED FOR MOTHER:cuss:ing TRUTH! as a fellow member of the American public does it not seem like were all taking crazy pills!?

http://www.markbarryportfolio.com/works/Assorted/ionarts/mugatu.jpg