View Full Version : Planned parenthood in web of racism

Cochise
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Planned Parenthood: Wanting fewer blacks 'understandable'
Abortion provider says 'yes' when 'donor' wants to reduce minorities

February 27, 2008
By Bob Unruh
2008 WorldNetDaily

A student-run magazine at UCLA has revealed an undercover investigation in which representatives of Planned Parenthood, the nation's abortion industry leader, admitted willingness to accepting a financial donation targeting the destruction of an unborn black baby.

Lila Rose, who edits The Advocate, previously revealed how Planned Parenthood officials expressed a willingness to conceal statutory rape, an investigative piece that earned her an appearance on the Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor."

Now she's told WND she hopes the taped responses of Planned Parenthood officials in seven states reveal to her local UCLA community and the nation the racist leanings of the organization.

WND calls to Planned Parenthood of Idaho, which was featured in The Advocate report, requesting a comment were not returned.

"Students on campus are shocked and saddened that such a huge organization would have racist leanings in the present day," Rose told WND. "They are surprised to hear the truth about [Planned Parenthood founder] Margaret Sanger, and how the African-American community is being hurt by abortion.

"There's a lot of surprise out there. Planned Parenthood does an excellent job of covering up the facts," she said.

Sanger supported eugenics to cull those she considered unfit from the population. In 1921, she said eugenics is "the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems."

At one point, Sanger lamented "the ever increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all." Another time, Sanger wrote, "We do not want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population."

According to Bryan Fisher, executive director of Idaho Values Alliance, Planned Parenthood, which gets an estimated $200 million annually from U.S. taxpayers, has located nearly 80 percent of its clinics nationwide in minority neighborhoods, and about one-third of all abortions are performed on blacks, even though they make up only 13 percent of the population.

Some of the information about the investigation was posted on a YouTube video: LINK

Nationwide, almost half of all black pregnancies end in abortion, officials said.

"It turns out that blatant racism is alive and well in Idaho, but it's not coming from the Aryan Nation types it's coming from way-left organizations like Idaho's own Planned Parenthood," Fischer said. "If Idaho is in fact a haven for white racism, it turns out that Planned Parenthood and not Richard Butler is to blame."

Richard Butler, who died in 2004, was a notorious white supremacist who founded Aryan Nations in northern Idaho. He lost a 20-acre compound in 2000 when a $6.3 million civil judgment against his group led to a bankruptcy.

"Idaho didn't have room for Richard Butler and shouldn't have room for Planned Parenthood," Fischer said.

The Advocate released a transcript of a conversation between an actor presuming to be a racist and wanting to make a donation, and a woman identified as Autumn Kersey, vice president of marketing for Planned Parenthood of Idaho.

Actor: I want to specify that abortion to help a minority group, would that be possible?
Planned Parenthood: Absolutely.
Actor: Like the black community for example?
Planned Parenthood: Certainly.
Actor: The abortion I can give money specifically for a black baby, that would be the purpose?
Planned Parenthood: Absolutely. If you wanted to designate that your gift be used to help an African-American woman in need, then we would certainly make sure that the gift was earmarked for that purpose.
Actor: Great, because I really faced trouble with affirmative action, and I don't want my kids to be disadvantaged against black kids. I just had a baby; I want to put it in his name.
Planned Parenthood: Yes, absolutely.
Actor: And we don't, you know we just think, the less black kids out there the better.
Planned Parenthood: (Laughs) Understandable, understandable.
Actor: Right. I want to protect my son, so he can get into college.
Planned Parenthood: All right. Excuse my hesitation, this is the first time I've had a donor call and make this kind of request, so I'm excited, and want to make sure I don't leave anything out.

The investigation included calls to Planned Parenthood in Idaho and half a dozen other states

"I think Idahoans are going to be horrified and shocked at the blatant racism and bigotry exhibited by our local Planned Parenthood affiliate," said Fischer. "I just cannot imagine they're going to stand for that."

He said the timing of the release of the information was intriguing, because the Idaho Legislature is scheduled this week to have its first public hearing on a bill written to prevent Idaho women from being forced into having abortions they do not want.

Rose said students at UCLA now have begun a petition to request the school cut its affiliations with Planned Parenthood.

She said the actor specifically asked about lowering "the number of black people," and each PP branch called agreed to process the racially earmarked donation.

"None expressed concern about the racist reasoning for the donation," The Advocate said.

The Advocate said an Ohio representative, identified as Lisa Hutton, listens to the racist reasoning, but confirmed Planned Parenthood "will accept the money for whatever reason."

Rose said her UCLA campaign has been endorsed by Alveda King, niece of Martin Luther King, who said she supports "the student campaign to get UCLA to cease its programs with Planned Parenthood."

Another Planned Parenthood branch, in Kansas, is facing 107 misdemeanor and felonies charges for allegedly violating Kansas abortion law.

WND reported Rose previously posed as a 15-year-old seeking an abortion at a Planned Parenthood center in Santa Monica, Calif. She was equipped with a hidden camera when she met with an employee to discuss her options.

When Rose revealed she was 15 and her boyfriend was 23, the employee informed her Planned Parenthood was legally required to report the statutory rape, a transcript of the conversation shows.

The Planned Parenthood representative then suggested she could say she was 16 and avoid complications.

"Well, just figure out a birth date that works. And I don't know anything," the rep said.

The Texas-based pro-life group Life Dynamics previously conducted an extensive undercover project in which an adult volunteer posing as a 13-year-old called every Planned Parenthood clinic in the U.S., saying she was pregnant by a 22-year-old boyfriend. Almost without exception, the clinics advised her to obtain an abortion without her parents' knowledge and told her how to protect her boyfriend, who would be guilty in any state of statutory rape.

oldandslow
02-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Cochise...

What abortionists did on Indian Reservations all the way up to the mid 1990's was criminal.

El Jefe
02-28-2008, 11:26 AM
At one point, Sanger lamented "the ever increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all." Another time, Sanger wrote, "We do not want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population

Wow this is amazingly disturbing.

BucEyedPea
02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Doesn't surprise me since Margaret Sanger was an eugenicist. There's are reason why black areas have more abortion clinics.

tiptap
02-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Ok we mix the 1920's Eugenics movement mistake with births and we are suppose to be surprised that there might be racists in Idaho. Yes it would have been nice not to have had that conversation. But the PP representative said they were surprised by the notion. They were not given time to think it through or to have the organization deal with this novel wish. And it doesn't change the real need of the black women for financial help for the LEGAL procedure of their choosing. One in which the black women has already determined her need and has sought help.

Cochise
02-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Cochise...

What abortionists did on Indian Reservations all the way up to the mid 1990's was criminal.

I'm not sure what it was, but it doesn't sound good.

oldandslow
02-28-2008, 01:15 PM
There are several studies out there that indicate American Indian population was severely limited due to sterilization procedures performed on young Indian women w/o their knowledge and/or consent.

I can find a couple of links for you if you are interested.

ClevelandBronco
02-28-2008, 01:59 PM
...But the PP representative said they were surprised by the notion...

To be accurate, the representative was "excited," not "surprised."

Iowanian
02-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Whats the difference?

I've been assured that this has no effect on a snotball of non-living cells that don't matter and the only importance is the woman's right to choose....

Is that about right, left?

Amnorix
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
At one point, Sanger lamented "the ever increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all." Another time, Sanger wrote, "We do not want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population

Wow this is amazingly disturbing.

Only because it's false, apparently:

Take this one: "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," from a letter from Sanger to another birth-control supporter. It's a great sound bite-type quote for activists looking to discredit the need for legal abortion. But here's the context from which that line is pulled (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/birthcontrol/bio-margaret-sanger.xml):
It seems to me from my experience . . . in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors, they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table. . . . They do not do this with the white people, and if we can train the Negro doctor at the clinic, he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results. . . . His work, in my opinion, should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County's white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us. The minister's work is also important, and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation, as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs (1939). (emphasis added.)
Suddenly, the sentence isn't such a good sound bite for the anti-choice crowd. There's numerous other examples like this, including a fabricated quote, "Blacks, soldiers, and Jews are a menace to the race," falsely attributed to a April 1933 letter Sanger wrote in the Birth Control Review (she stopped editing the Review in 1929, and the April 1933 issue contains no letters from her.) A summary of Margaret Sanger's ideas and how they're often twisted can be found here (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/birthcontrol/bio-margaret-sanger.xml). Another source is The Margaret Sanger Papers Project (http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/about_the_project.htm) at NYU, a scholarly project to organize all of Sanger's writings.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2005/06/14/urban_legends_of_the_abortion_debate.php

Amnorix
02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
There are several studies out there that indicate American Indian population was severely limited due to sterilization procedures performed on young Indian women w/o their knowledge and/or consent.

I can find a couple of links for you if you are interested.

I'd be interested in the links, and especially links between "abortionists" (your word) and what was done to the Indians.

Adept Havelock
02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Only because it's false, apparently:

Take this one: "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," from a letter from Sanger to another birth-control supporter. It's a great sound bite-type quote for activists looking to discredit the need for legal abortion. But here's the context from which that line is pulled (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/birthcontrol/bio-margaret-sanger.xml):
It seems to me from my experience . . . in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors, they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table. . . . They do not do this with the white people, and if we can train the Negro doctor at the clinic, he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results. . . . His work, in my opinion, should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County's white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us. The minister's work is also important, and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation, as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs (1939). (emphasis added.)
Suddenly, the sentence isn't such a good sound bite for the anti-choice crowd. There's numerous other examples like this, including a fabricated quote, "Blacks, soldiers, and Jews are a menace to the race," falsely attributed to a April 1933 letter Sanger wrote in the Birth Control Review (she stopped editing the Review in 1929, and the April 1933 issue contains no letters from her.) A summary of Margaret Sanger's ideas and how they're often twisted can be found here (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/birthcontrol/bio-margaret-sanger.xml). Another source is The Margaret Sanger Papers Project (http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/about_the_project.htm) at NYU, a scholarly project to organize all of Sanger's writings.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2005/06/14/urban_legends_of_the_abortion_debate.php

It looks like I've had an incorrect view of her regarding race. Guess I've got some reading for the evening. Thanks, Amnorix.

Though I find her support of Eugenics deplorable, I think her advocacy for access to Birth Control (especially considering the era and opposition) is highly commendable.

edit- It appears the NYU and PP links are down. :(

Iowanian
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Can someone point me to the location on the form at PP and other abortion facilities where the FATHER of the CHILD has to sign off on the execution of the inconvenience in the mother's womb?

Brock
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Abortion must be kept viable to at least try to keep the breeding poor in check.

Amnorix
02-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Can someone point me to the location on the form at PP and other abortion facilities where the FATHER of the CHILD has to sign off on the execution of the inconvenience in the mother's womb?

While I appreciate your point, and do not particularly like the fact that the mother ultimately has absolute say as to whether to keep or abort, the fact is that there can only be one decision-maker.

You could give either parent an absolute "veto" right on abortion, I suppose, but it's easy for the father who doesn't have to carry the child to term and go through labor, and probably won't have the primary care responsibilities for the child.

Ultimately, it comes down to this -- either the fetus has rights, or doesn't, and if it does, then WHEN? If it has rights, then no abortion. If it doesn't, then it's the mother's body to do what she wants with.

The father made his donation, and while the fetus is half-his, he only has as much rights as the fetus itself, really. If the fetus doesn't have rights, then why would the father? It's not his body, and the fetus isn't given separate rights.

Hard questions never result in easy answers.

Iowanian
02-29-2008, 07:52 AM
The Child is equally as much the fathers as the mother. If the father doesn't want the child but the mother chooses to have it, he's responsible and financially liable for her decision.

The Father, should have as much say in the child's right to life as the mother. Is it possibly an inconvenience for her to carry it to term? Absolutely, but its his child she is CHOOSING to kill.

I'm obviously not a proponent of aborton, but when I hear about the Woman's right, especially the way BRC argues it, it irritates the hell out of me that the father's right to that child isn't even a consideration, even though in some religions, the termination of that child is something he'll have to pay for later.

jAZ
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Lila Rose, who edits The Advocate...
When you are infamous for your political agenda and you are still in college, that's quite an accomplishment.

oldandslow
02-29-2008, 07:55 AM
I'd be interested in the links, and especially links between "abortionists" (your word) and what was done to the Indians.

Abortionists was an unfortunate use of the term...I apologize. That does not change what has been done to Indian populations by "health" organizations.

Indeed, when South Dakota recently passed a strict anti abortion law, one of the tribal leaders stated, half in jest, that she would build the only abortion clinic in South Dakota at Pine Ridge. She was voted out almost immediately.

http://muse.jhu.edu/demo/american_indian_quarterly/v024/24.3lawrence.html

Most whites do not understand the eugenic practices that were very real on reservations during most of the 1900's.

You know I am as liberal as the next guy...however, this is one area where Cochise and I are very much on the same page.

Cochise
02-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Most whites do not understand the eugenic practices that were very real on reservations during most of the 1900's.

Yeah... I'm not sure how culling members of an "inferior" race through abortion is any different than handing out smallpox blankets or executing them in... a more honest way.

I mean, at least give somebody a blindfold and a cigarette, a minute to feel the sun on his face, make his peace and all.

Bowser
02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah... I'm not sure how culling members of an "inferior" race through abortion is any different than handing out smallpox blankets or executing them in... a more honest way.

I mean, at least give somebody a blindfold and a cigarette, a minute to feel the sun on his face, make his peace and all.

Most places have smoking bans these days.

Amnorix
02-29-2008, 01:03 PM
The Child is equally as much the fathers as the mother. If the father doesn't want the child but the mother chooses to have it, he's responsible and financially liable for her decision.

The Father, should have as much say in the child's right to life as the mother. Is it possibly an inconvenience for her to carry it to term? Absolutely, but its his child she is CHOOSING to kill.

I can quibble over when "it" becomes a "child", etc., but that's not really the point.

There are several issues:

1. even if he was willing to take full responsibility, which in that case would obviously involve custody and financial support, then it's pretty obvious to me that he would be able to demand child support payments from the mother (just as if the case is reversed and the mother wants to keep and the father to abort, she can get child support from him).

2. think of the issues here. You want the state to force her to keep the child to term. She could, of course, self-abort in any number of ways, from nearly starving herself to death to coathooks.

I'm obviously not a proponent of aborton, but when I hear about the Woman's right, especially the way BRC argues it, it irritates the hell out of me that the father's right to that child isn't even a consideration, even though in some religions, the termination of that child is something he'll have to pay for later.

BRC?

Your last sentence confuses me. I find it hard to believe that any religion would have a theory that the father gets blamed for the mother aborting the child if he was against it.

Finally, I am far more disturbed by rules forcing fathers to pay child support when he clearly should not for a variety of reasons. I understand the law and the "best interests of the child" rule, but I find it very, very unfortunate under a number of circumstances that fathers get stuck with the bill when it's unfair.

Amnorix
02-29-2008, 01:08 PM

Who supports "culling inferior races" through abortion? Nothing I've seen regarding Planned Parenthood does.

And the quote from this college newspaper person just indicates someone mindlessly nodding along to the white supremacist ravings of the potential donor. It doesn't support the theory that Planned Parenthood actually HAS a program which is directly or indirectly designed to "cull inferior races".

Cochise
02-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I was referring to the ongoing discussion about Indians in South Dakota.

Amnorix
02-29-2008, 01:15 PM
An article discussing how abortion cuts across race and age. Primarily, the article argues, its' a function of the impending mother's economic circumstances, and oftentimes the abortion is decided upon in reference to the impact to the children she already has.

http://www.baystatebanner.com/issues/2008/01/24/news/health01240823.htm

Amnorix
02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I was referring to the ongoing discussion about Indians in South Dakota.

errr...ok, but the article I quickly scanned didn't say Indian women were being forced to undergo abortions. It said that agents of a government agency illegally performed surgical procedures to prevent them from getting pregnant.

IMHO that is a criminal act, and the perpetrator should face criminal charges, and the government itself should be liable to the victims of this extremely vile conduct.

But what any of it has to do with abortion, the abortion-rights movement or Planned Parenthood, I have no idea...

Adept Havelock
02-29-2008, 03:04 PM
But what any of it has to do with abortion, the abortion-rights movement or Planned Parenthood, I have no idea...

IMO, it's akin to the "everything is Bush's fault" meme. And about as accurate. :shrug: