PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs say they have no plans to trade Allen

Count Zarth
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
+ other news from last night..

http://kan.scout.com/2/733958.htm

According to our source, Williams’ reported contract numbers – five years, $16 million, $5.5 million guaranteed – are not accurate. The real figures are lower.

Once Williams’ signing was made public, speculation ran rampant that he would start next season. Per our source, that’s also not accurate - heading into May’s OTAs, Williams will backup Donnie Edwards at weakside linebacker.There was a report that the agent for Jared Allen, Ken Harris, was in Kansas City over the weekend. However, there is no news on the contract front at the moment and we could not confirm if Harris was in town to meet with the Chiefs. Allen will be in Kansas City this weekend for the grand opening of Jared Allen Sports Arena and Grill.

Last week a report on Fox Sports Radio indicated Allen might be traded to Philadelphia, but our source inside the organization told Warpaint Illustrated the Chiefs have no plans to trade their franchise player.

ROYC75
03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Good ......... Now so much for you leaving and never coming back.

Cochise
03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
another welch?

siberian khatru
03-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Guess that means that Allen is history in KC.

Brock
03-03-2008, 01:08 PM
More rumors and shit from WPI.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2008, 01:13 PM
WPI reported the story about Allen and the Eagles and now they are stating their source says it's inaccurate? Reading a newspaper and then reporting it as your source, is shoddy journalism.

Hoover
03-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Allen is working his signing around the opening of his business. its going to be huge!

dirk digler
03-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Welcome back Clayton and thanks for the news.

htismaqe
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Allen is working his signing around the opening of his business. its going to be huge!

ROFL

Cochise
03-03-2008, 01:28 PM

This isn't news, it's rumor that contradicts the rumor they previously reported.

OnTheWarpath58
03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
This isn't news, it's rumor that contradicts the rumor they previously reported.

Yep.

Now, either way they can say "we were right."

Uncle_Ted
03-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the info. Glad to see you're back. I've been critical of you in the past (and will continue to do so if/when it's warranted), but in this case the haters are blinded by their animosity toward you and WPI.

Micjones
03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
I was fairly sure Allen wouldn't be traded.

Will he get the long-term deal? That's my concern.

raybec 4
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM

Sources close to the team have told me that there is an excellent chance that Jared Allen will either get a long term deal or he won't. That will be $99.00 thank you.

Skip Towne
03-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I sometimes wonder if Athan is playing with a full deck.

Ebolapox
03-03-2008, 01:48 PM
that story is TOTALLY gay. y'all don't know DICK. (insert meatpeaker joke here)

DaKCMan AP
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Sources close to the team have told me that there is an excellent chance that Jared Allen will either get a long term deal or he won't. That will be $99.00 thank you.

My sources indicate the likelihood is 50/50.

Iowanian
03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Allen's Bar is open? He's going to be in town?

QUICK! Trade his 2008 rights to Philly for Victor Bailey!

Brock
03-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Probably right before his next DUI.

Micjones
03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Probably right before his next DUI.

Did we ever determine if the Chiefs could write a clause into his contract freeing them from financial responsibility if he violates league policy again?

Allen said he would be willing to sign such a contract.

R&GHomer
03-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Did we ever determine if the Chiefs could write a clause into his contract freeing them from financial responsibility if he violates league policy again?

I thought he said he wouldn't be interested

htismaqe
03-03-2008, 02:20 PM

When did he say that?

He was on the radio shortly after the season and I heard him very specifically state that he's "cured" and the Chiefs need to get over it. He said he wasn't interested in signing a contract like that because according to him, it's a non-issue.

Micjones
03-03-2008, 02:24 PM
When did he say that?

He was on the radio shortly after the season and I heard him very specifically state that he's "cured" and the Chiefs need to get over it. He said he wasn't interested in signing a contract like that because according to him, it's a non-issue.

He said that sometime ago on local radio. 610 I believe.

htismaqe
03-03-2008, 02:28 PM
He said that sometime ago on local radio. 610 I believe.

Interesting. I don't remember whether it was 610 or 810, but he was very specific - he's cured and the Chiefs are the ones that have a problem, not him.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Again, Money talks. If we offer Freeney type money with stipulations, JA will be all over it.

Ebolapox
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Interesting. I don't remember whether it was 610 or 810, but he was very specific - he's cured and the Chiefs are the ones that have a problem, not him.

it's funny. one often hears that from the hardcore alcoholics and drug addicts. they're NEVER the ones with the problem, there are always others who have an issue. not them.

I'm all for trading allen now. let him be somebody ELSE'S liability.

jAZ
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Would this thread qualify as hit-and-run spam?

raybec 4
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Again, Money talks. If we offer Freeney type money with stipulations, JA will be all over it.

The thought of giving Freeney type money to someone who stands a pretty good chance of being suspended for a season is scary to me. The NFLPA to approve the stipulations in the contract I believe. If thats true it would never happen.

Zouk
03-03-2008, 02:49 PM

I'm not sure, but I believe that you can recoup cash, but not cap room. Also the union could get involved a la Mike Vick, regardless of what Allen says.

BigChiefFan
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
The thought of giving Freeney type money to someone who stands a pretty good chance of being suspended for a season is scary to me. The NFLPA to approve the stipulations in the contract I believe. If thats true it would never happen. I'm necessarily even saying we should keep JA, but these athletes sign fat contracts every day with escalator clauses, incentives, stipulations, etc...

Cochise
03-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Would this thread qualify as hit-and-run spam?

yes

htismaqe
03-03-2008, 03:48 PM
it's funny. one often hears that from the hardcore alcoholics and drug addicts. they're NEVER the ones with the problem, there are always others who have an issue. not them.

I'm all for trading allen now. let him be somebody ELSE'S liability.

I said it a couple of weeks ago - I don't think Allen is completely clean and sober.

Every word that comes out of his mouth on the subject sounds like an addict in denial.

Shaid
03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I wasn't expecting a post fom GoChiefs. I enjoyed the posts last year from training camp. I hope you plan on coming back a bit more often.

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2008, 04:33 PM
GoChiefs is a whiny little bitch about his magazine. Cant take any critism for it and I used to pay money for that crap.

Fish
03-03-2008, 05:01 PM

It was 810. I heard the same thing. Coincidentally, the interview was in a bar...

Skip Towne
03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I wasn't expecting a post fom GoChiefs. I enjoyed the posts last year from training camp. I hope you plan on coming back a bit more often.

Well I don't. His takes are worthless. He bases them on if a player is nice to him.

Valiant
03-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Well I don't. His takes are worthless. He bases them on if a player is nice to him.

Don't understand why a mod does not just delete his account.. He said he was never coming back.. He has a new site to spam the living shit out of, so he just needs to stay there and at the shithole like he promised..

Skip Towne
03-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Don't understand why a mod does not just delete his account.. He said he was never coming back.. He has a new site to spam the living shit out of, so he just needs to stay there and at the shithole like he promised..

Agreed

booger
03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
+ other news from last night..

http://kan.scout.com/2/733958.htm

When will Nap Harris and Ron Edwards get cut?

Hydrae
03-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I still say, wait until after the summer and sign him to his big contract at the beginning of camp. This allows him the summer to show he can stay out of trouble and we get him signed before the season starts. This way everybody is happy.

Also, that is what I expected from Williams. Let him learn the system and back up Donnie this year and he can take over next year.

Rausch
03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I said it a couple of weeks ago - I don't think Allen is completely clean and sober.

Every word that comes out of his mouth on the subject sounds like an addict in denial.

I think there's a big difference between being an alcoholic and being a dumbass when you do drink.

I know guys that drink daily and never drive afterwards. Definitely drunks but no DWI's.

I know guys who almost never drink at all with DWI's. Definitely not alcoholics.

And frankly, that's pretty much what everyone here wants. I don't give a $#it if he gets drunk as piss 3 nights a week as long as he isn't doing anything stupid, illegal, or that would hurt the team.

htismaqe
03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I think there's a big difference between being an alcoholic and being a dumbass when you do drink.

I know guys that drink daily and never drive afterwards. Definitely drunks but no DWI's.

I know guys who almost never drink at all with DWI's. Definitely not alcoholics.

And frankly, that's pretty much what everyone here wants. I don't give a $#it if he gets drunk as piss 3 nights a week as long as he isn't doing anything stupid, illegal, or that would hurt the team.

He's a member of the NFL's substance abuse program. He can't DRINK AT ALL. If he tests positive, he gets suspended.

So while he may have initially gotten into this mess not because he drank, but because he drove, that's not the case now...

shaneo69
03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Also, that is what I expected from Williams. Let him learn the system and back up Donnie this year and he can take over next year.

If Williams isn't good enough to start in this, his 5th season, then I'm pretty sure he won't be good enough to start in his 6th season.

Shaid
03-03-2008, 07:21 PM

That might be true but it was nice to have some daily updates from camp and to have pictures posted, etc. Not much news during the offseason so I guess I'm fine with any news.:shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2008, 07:23 PM

Ditto.

Rausch
03-03-2008, 08:11 PM
He's a member of the NFL's substance abuse program. He can't DRINK AT ALL. If he tests positive, he gets suspended.

So while he may have initially gotten into this mess not because he drank, but because he drove, that's not the case now...

I fully understand that.

Knowing this, and if you agree with my thoughts on the situation, it shouldn't be hard for him to lay off the booze. He's got the personality to be the party animal. No doubt. But if he isn't an addict (feeling like he MUST drink) he's much less likely to do so.

On top of that he admits he plays and feels much better now that he's not drinking. And even if it isn't in KC he's going to get a PHAT contract somewhere after his best NFL season. I doubt that fact has slipped his mind either.

So he's clearly got enough to motivate him to stay off and probably not a true addiction to make him feel like he has to have that drink. Not a fact, but I'd argue a good chance. That said I think the odds are in our favor.

SBK
03-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Let him play under the franchise tender this year, if he stays clean reassess next year.

Cochise
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Even if this had come from king carl's mouth himself, that they have no plans to trade Allen, what does that even mean? It could mean, we are shopping him but we don't expect there to actually be a trade. It could mean we aren't shopping him and don't plan to. It's still totally ambiguous.

scott free
03-03-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm going to blindly wish & assume, that everything somehow works out...

Rausch
03-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Let him play under the franchise tender this year, if he stays clean reassess next year.

I'd guess if that's Carl's plan Allen would agree to a lesser contract so a team would give up the picks. If Carl plays that game AFTER JA did keep clean and had no issues you've shown a lack of loyalty and respect.

Allen both upped his play and was a model citizen. If after that you aren't going to pay me?

I'd look for another job...

RustShack
03-03-2008, 09:36 PM
No one wanted to give him a contract last year, everyone said give him a year and see how he does then give him a contract. Well he went that year, stayed clean, and actually had a great year and you guys still don't want him to sign a long term deal yet. I think he deserves it. I'm not talking break the bank richest DE in the league money, but I think he should get a high Carl Peterson deal, which really isn't high compared to a lot of other top free agents.

SBK
03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I'd guess if that's Carl's plan Allen would agree to a lesser contract so a team would give up the picks. If Carl plays that game AFTER JA did keep clean and had no issues you've shown a lack of loyalty and respect.

Allen both upped his play and was a model citizen. If after that you aren't going to pay me?

I'd look for another job...

Him being a risk is his own fault. And come on, the franchise tender is near $10,000,000. It's not like the King is offering him minimum wage to clean the toilets at Arrowhead.

Hydrae
03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
If Williams isn't good enough to start in this, his 5th season, then I'm pretty sure he won't be good enough to start in his 6th season.

I expect him to learn from the veteran in front of him. I also want to give him time to learn Gun's "system" for LBers (whatever the hell that is). I am not saying he is not good enough to start, I am saying he is not good enough to start ahead of Donnie E. But time to learn the defense and his fellow players is not a bad thing. We aren't paying him star money.

Hydrae
03-03-2008, 10:36 PM
No one wanted to give him a contract last year, everyone said give him a year and see how he does then give him a contract. Well he went that year, stayed clean, and actually had a great year and you guys still don't want him to sign a long term deal yet. I think he deserves it. I'm not talking break the bank richest DE in the league money, but I think he should get a high Carl Peterson deal, which really isn't high compared to a lot of other top free agents.

When was his last "altercation?" I honestly don't remember but was thinking it was this time of year last year.

greg63
03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Carl and Herm say a lot of things.

Rausch
03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Him being a risk is his own fault. And come on, the franchise tender is near $10,000,000. It's not like the King is offering him minimum wage to clean the toilets at Arrowhead.

It's still a one year deal in a sport that might end your career next sunday.

Players want some sense of financial stablity in a sport that says the average career lasts 4 years...

Ebolapox
03-03-2008, 11:40 PM

yep. isn't one of the first of the twelve steps (not that that's the end all, be all) admitting your problem? I don't recall allen EVER admitting the depth of his problem (which is obviously greater than he'd care to admit)

Ebolapox
03-03-2008, 11:45 PM
so you're telling me that five mill isn't enough for one to live a reasonably decent life on? (keeping in mind, the taxman will take the top half off)... I sure as sh*t could live like an effing prince for five mill, never work a day in my life again, and not want for anything. and this is keeping in mind that he has a house (paid off) and doesn't have any other big ticket items he HAS to have. I'd assume he has several cars (in much better condition than mine or any of ours)

so, financial stability? yeah, that's rich. if he's looking for sympathy, let him come live the 'common' life for a bit. where dui's and dwi's can land you in f*cking jail. and nobody has sympathy when bubba rips at your chocolate starfish.

DenverChief
03-04-2008, 04:45 AM
They were talking about it again last night that Jay Glazer was going to report a "blockbuster" deal that involved Philly...

SBK
03-04-2008, 05:34 AM
It's still a one year deal in a sport that might end your career next sunday.

Players want some sense of financial stablity in a sport that says the average career lasts 4 years...

It's easy to write a check with someone else's money......Would you bet $30,000,000+ of your money that he's cured?

htismaqe
03-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Not a realistic scenario, given that Jared said if he plays a single down under the tag, he will not sign a contract with the Chiefs.

Cochise
03-04-2008, 08:15 AM
They were talking about it again last night that Jay Glazer was going to report a "blockbuster" deal that involved Philly...

Isn't he the guy the Chiefs leak information to?

I don't see either of these guys backing down. Carl realizes when he doesn't have any leverage I'm sure. I almost expect this to happen.

patteeu
03-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Even if this had come from king carl's mouth himself, that they have no plans to trade Allen, what does that even mean? It could mean, we are shopping him but we don't expect there to actually be a trade. It could mean we aren't shopping him and don't plan to. It's still totally ambiguous.

This is right, IMO. It means nothing.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Trade his ass-It's not like we are going to be any good anyway.

DaKCMan AP
03-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Trade his ass-It's not like we are going to be any good anyway.

The best way to improve your team is to trade away your best player who is only 25 and hitting his prime. :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
03-04-2008, 08:38 AM
The best way to improve your team is to trade away your best player who is only 25 and hitting his prime. :rolleyes:He really helped us become a stellar team, last year, right?
Look, I'm all for keeping him, but given the teams needs and his pricetag, we may be better served to trade him, especially considering how Carl's draggin' his feet to even get something going. I wouldn't trade him, but I can fully understand if they indeed trade him.

DaKCMan AP
03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
He really helped us become a stellar team, last year, right?
Look, I'm all for keeping him, but given the teams needs and his pricetag, we may be better served to trade him, especially considering how Carl's draggin' his feet to even get something going. I wouldn't trade him, but I can fully understand if they indeed trade him.

You're right, Jared Allen is the reason we had a poor season.

If we trade JA for a 1st and 3rd, what do we gain? We'd have to replace him with someone, maybe Gholston or Long. Is it worth trading Jared Allen for an unproven rookie at the same position and a 3rd round pick? I think not.

StcChief
03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
I sometimes wonder if Athan is playing with a full deck.
he's a football player.... Full deck is optional.

DaKCMan AP
03-04-2008, 08:45 AM
he's a football player.... Full deck is optional.

Nick Athan is a football player?

Brock
03-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Is it worth trading Jared Allen for an unproven rookie at the same position and a 3rd round pick? I think not.

I don't know. Is Allen drinking or not?

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2008, 08:51 AM

If we trade JA for a 1st and 3rd, what do we gain? We'd have to replace him with someone, maybe Gholston or Long. Is it worth trading Jared Allen for an unproven rookie at the same position and a 3rd round pick? I think not.

Is it worth losing $30M because he decides to drive home after drinking at his new bar?

Nevermind the fact that he doesn't want to be here - he demanded a trade last year, and is acting like the world owes him something they don't this year.

He has no one to blame but himself - if he wanted Freeney money, he should have called a cab - twice.

Cochise
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't care how much money Jared Allen makes, personally. I couldn't care less if Carl is disrespecting him. It's business. It's not about who is giving who respect. It's about which decision will better help the team contend for a championship. If Jared wants to cry in the media about being disrespected, whatever. Put on your big boy pants and cash your $10 million check.

I'm fine with him getting a big extension if that's the way it works out. The only thing I would not be fine with here would be passing up a positive trade just because fans like him or whatever. You have to be willing to make decisions like that if you want to win. If someone called me and said we'll give you a first and a third, sold. Or, we'll give you a second and this pro bowl corner or whatever the Sheppard deal was, I'm going to consider doing that.

The fact that he's young and good shouldn't mean he doesn't have a price tag, or that we have to pay him whatever he wants.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Again, I said I wouldn't trade him, but I can see why they would. He's becoming a distraction. His contract will be enormous, and the team is in shambles. He also has a drinking problem. These red flags can't just be swept under the rug.

StcChief
03-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Again, I said I wouldn't trade him, but I can see why they would. He's becoming a distraction. His contract will be enormous, and the team is in shambles. He also has a drinking problem. These red flags can't just be swept under the rug.
Now owning a Bar, tempting fate every time he's in there....

If Chiefs get a real good offer, he's gone.

DaKCMan AP
03-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Is it worth losing $30M because he decides to drive home after drinking at his new bar?

Nevermind the fact that he doesn't want to be here - he demanded a trade last year, and is acting like the world owes him something they don't this year.

He has no one to blame but himself - if he wanted Freeney money, he should have called a cab - twice.

Simple - put provisions in his contract.

From everything I've read he loves Kansas City, the Chiefs, the fans and only has disregard for CP.

Brock
03-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Simple - put provisions in his contract.

From everything I've read he loves Kansas City, the Chiefs, the fans and only has disregard for CP.

I don't know that you can do that, and I don't know that he'd sign it if you could.

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2008, 09:07 AM
I don't know that you can do that, and I don't know that he'd sign it if you could.

Exactly.

Even IF he was willing to sign it, the players union would balk at it.

Christ, Michael Vick proved that you can do much worse than drink and drive and still get to keep your guaranteed money.

DaKCMan AP
03-04-2008, 09:07 AM

I don't see why you couldn't put something in there in which he has to pay back his signing bonus if he gets another DUI (ie. a yearlong suspension) or something similar. If he truly has "righted the ship" and gotten "off the wagon" then he wouldn't have anything to worry about.

htismaqe
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM

Let's make this abundantly clear.

Drinking and then DRIVING got him in trouble in the first place.

He's now enrolled in the league's substance abuse program.

He cannot DRINK. At all.

DaKCMan AP
03-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Exactly.

Christ, Michael Vick proved that you can do much worse than drink and drive and still get to keep your guaranteed money.

The contract Denver signed Marcus Thomas to a year ago included clauses with penalties for improper conduct.

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Let's make this abundantly clear.

Drinking and then DRIVING got him in trouble in the first place.

He's now enrolled in the league's substance abuse program.

He cannot DRINK. At all.

I know this.

htismaqe
03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
The contract Denver signed Marcus Thomas to a year ago included clauses with penalties for improper conduct.

Allen said he won't sign a contract like that.

htismaqe
03-04-2008, 09:14 AM
I know this.

OK, because you said "Is it worth losing $30M because he decides to drive home after drinking at his new bar?"

All he would technically have to do is have a couple of shots at his bar and then catch a cab. If they dropped a UA first thing the next morning, he's out for a year.

Brock
03-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I don't see why you couldn't put something in there in which he has to pay back his signing bonus if he gets another DUI (ie. a yearlong suspension) or something similar. If he truly has "righted the ship" and gotten "off the wagon" then he wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Paying back his signing bonus is something I don't care about. That doesn't help the team with a yearlong suspension, it only helps Clark Hunt's wallet.

Also, this isn't about DUIs, he isn't allowed to drink alcohol. At all. If you want to trust that he will never drink again, ever, fine. I don't think I would.

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2008, 09:16 AM

1) Jared Allen is currently in the league's Substance Abuse program. Thomas was not.

2) You're going to compare a guy that got a $450k signing bonus and a 4 year deal worth $3M, to a guy that's wanting $30M guaranteed and $10M+ per?

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2008, 09:17 AM
OK, because you said "Is it worth losing $30M because he decides to drive home after drinking at his new bar?"

All he would technically have to do is have a couple of shots at his bar and then catch a cab. If they dropped a UA first thing the next morning, he's out for a year.

Bad choice of words - I can see why you called me on it.

We're in complete agreement.

ChiefsCountry
03-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Exactly.

I love animals but killing dogs and driving drunk where you can hurt or kill a human is way different in my book.

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I love animals but killing dogs and driving drunk where you can hurt or kill a human is way different in my book.

Not disagreeing at all.

Again, probably a bad choice of words.

But IMO, and maybe I'm wrong on this, society would look at the the things Vick has done, and the things Allen has done, and most people can identify with driving drunk (let's be clear - I'm not condoning it) as opposed to dogfighting - never mind the Ron Mexico and water bottle incidents.

ChiefsCountry
03-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Not disagreeing at all.

Again, probably a bad choice of words.

But IMO, and maybe I'm wrong on this, society would look at the the things Vick has done, and the things Allen has done, and most people can identify with driving drunk (let's be clear - I'm not condoning it) as opposed to dogfighting - never mind the Ron Mexico and water bottle incidents.

Probally true again. Most of us have probally driven when we shouldnt have.

Bowser
03-04-2008, 10:09 AM

Sounds like a typical fan.

SBK
03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Not a realistic scenario, given that Jared said if he plays a single down under the tag, he will not sign a contract with the Chiefs.

Name 1 tagged player who didn't say this.....

Brock
03-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Will Shields.

htismaqe
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Will Shields.

Actually, I remember Will saying something similar.

Stryker
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Ok Ok Ok, is "THIS" the "SHOCKING" news we have been waiting for? :)

Brock
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Actually, I remember Will saying something similar.

How about Tony Gonzalez? In any event, no player wants to be the franchise player, but they don't all kick and scream about it.

DenverDanChiefsFan
03-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Lance Briggs......oh wait:rolleyes:

SBK
03-04-2008, 12:11 PM
How about Tony Gonzalez? In any event, no player wants to be the franchise player, but they don't all kick and scream about it.

The only one I can think of that didn't is Walter Jones. He played under the tag for 2 years then signed a big deal.

They kick, they scream, they holdout, then they sign, play and hope to get a big check the next year.

EyePod
03-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Remember that song "The Cat Came Back".... It's now "Goatse/GoChiefs came back, the very next day, Goatse/CoChiefs came back, we thought he was a goner, but Goatse/GoCheifs came back... he just wouldn't stay away...."

Good To have you back Goatse, just please don't any speculation that has no real backing at all...

boogblaster
03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Don't go Allen ... mommy is Allen ever comin back ....

Gonzo
03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
You all lost sight of the most important thing here....

There be a welcher among us.