PDA

View Full Version : Williams excited to join Chiefs

Chiefs_5627
03-04-2008, 01:45 PM
http://www.journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?title=williams_excited_to_join_chiefs&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Post details: Williams excited to join Chiefs
03/04/08
Permalink 08:12:16 am, Categories: -Football by Steve Sipple
Williams excited to join Chiefs

Nice interview with ex-Husker Demorrio Williams on Monday on 1480 AM's "The Spread."

The Kansas City Chiefs obviously will have some speed and athleticism at linebacker with Williams and ex-Longhorn Derrick Johnson.

"I feel like we're both young guys who can still run and hit really well," said Williams, 27, who left the Atlanta Falcons to sign with Kansas City this past weekend. "I think we'll be competing to see who gets to the ball first."

Williams said it wasn't hard to leave Atlanta after four seasons there. The Falcons have made significant off-season changes. He was expecting to wind up with another team, he said. Among teams that showed interest were Houston and Tampa Bay.

He said he hopes to play weakside linebacker for the Chiefs.

"I'm very excited about going to Kansas City," Williams said. "I don't think that type of organization will have the kind of breakdowns the Atlanta organization had this year."

And yes, Williams pays attention to his alma mater's progress.

"I think it's going to be an interesting year," Williams said. "Hopefully they got the recruits they wanted, and hopefully the team believes in what Bo's bringing. If the team believes in him, I feel like they'll be OK."

el borracho
03-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Is he going to play special teams?

WhitiE
03-05-2008, 06:37 AM
cool