PDA

View Full Version : Super Tuesday II Results/Discussion Thread

Jenson71
03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Is it Clinton's Last Stand? Or will the show go on?

|Zach|
03-04-2008, 02:41 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWzFaOkGCoI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWzFaOkGCoI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Jenson71
03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Turnout appeared to be heavy. In Cleveland, heavy rains did not deter voters, and parts of Texas reported particularly strong turnout even though people had been voting there since Feb. 19.

"Best I can tell it’s a tsunami of voters,” said Gerry Birnberg, chairman of the Harris County Democratic Party, which encompasses Houston and its environs. At some polling sites there, as many as 100 voters lined up before the polls opened at 7 a.m., Mr. Birnberg said. A record 180,000 voters cast Democratic ballots in early voting in Harris County and some 300,000 more were expected today, far surpassing the 75,000 in the 2004 presidential election.

While the Mrs. Clinton projected determination to soldier on, the Obama campaign issued reminders of Mr. Clinton’s earlier statements saying that Mrs. Clinton needed to win Texas and Ohio.

“Three weeks ago, when they led polls in Texas and Ohio by 20 points, the Clinton campaign set their own test for today’s primaries,” Bill Burton, a spokesman, said in an e-mail statement. He set expectations for his candidate’s performance fairly low, saying Mr. Obama will maintain his delegate lead. But behind the scenes, leading supporters of Senator Barack Obama were working to persuade Democrats, particularly the superdelegates who could decide the nomination, to step forward and coalesce behind him as soon as Wednesday.

A few months ago, today’s voting was not expected to count much, thanks to a front-loaded calendar that was supposed to settle the nominations of both parties early. Instead, with the path to the Democratic nomination still unclear, voters in Texas flooded the polls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/us/politics/04cnd-campaign.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Jenson71
03-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Five reasons Clinton could come back

By: Jim VandeHei and John F. Harris

For weeks, the widespread expectation among most campaign journalists has been that the race for the Democratic nomination will, for all practical purposes, come to an end Tuesday night with a victory for Barack Obama.

Given the predictive record of reporters so far this election cycle, that is by itself a good reason to believe that Hillary Rodham Clinton is headed later this evening for a game-changing comeback in Ohio and Texas.

If it happens, we can think of five reasons why....

1. The "SNL" Factor. Just when you thought no one watched "Saturday Night Live" anymore, the show made a star cameo on this year’s trail. The Not Ready for Prime Time Players were brutally effective in exposing the fawning coverage of Obama. Never underestimate the power of shame in journalism. "SNL’s" mockery went straight to reporters’ insecurities. Being accused of falling “in the tank” for a candidate is the journalistic equivalent of a nerdish high school freshman getting a wedgie from the jocks.....

2. Wolfson Barks. Howard Wolfson is Clinton’s hired thug, also known as campaign communications director. He holds a conference call every day to tell reporters they are worthless and weak (not to mention fat, lazy and stupid — no way to go through life) because of their soft Obama coverage. Again, reporters’ self-justifying mechanism kicks in when someone says they are being too tough. But their self-loathing mechanism kicks in when someone says they are being too weak. ...

3. Burying Bill. ...There was simply no way that the 42nd president could play a prominent role in Hillary’s campaign and not have reporters cover it as if he were the star and she were supporting actress. But where has Bill Clinton been lately? It is as if he was sent to Afghanistan on a secret mission with Prince Harry.

4. Sister Sledge. Reporters roll their eyes when Clinton or surrogates start suggesting she is the victim of sexist assumptions in political and media cultures. But the press this year may be underestimating how much those complaints ring true to many women. It could be that we are on the brink of another New Hampshire, where anecdotal evidence suggested that many women were self-consciously voting against a pundit-class story line that said the race was over and the smooth-talking man had won out over the hard-working woman.

5. Timing. Politics is all about the moment, defining it, capturing it, profiting from it. The Tony Rezko trial was a godsend. It started on Monday, which prompted The New York Times and scores of columnists to write about it over the weekend. The perfect hook for Clinton forces to raise questions about his judgment — only days after airing the infamous 3 a.m. scare ad that also questions his judgment. Coincidence? They don’t happen in politics.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/8820.html

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Obama wins Vermont...yeah

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Republicans voting in the Democratic primary has gone from 2% to 10% in Ohio since last election and 5% to 10% in Texas. Looks like Limbaugh got what he wanted.

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Republicans voting in the Democratic primary has gone from 2% to 10% in Ohio since last election and 5% to 10% in Texas. Looks like Limbaugh got what he wanted.

I think most of them voted for Obama instead of against him but that is just my opinion

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I think most of them voted for Obama instead of against him but that is just my opinion

My friend's father voted for Hillary because of Limbaugh and apparently there were a lot of conservatives bragging about doing the same on talk radio down there. We'll see.

Coach
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
3% in Vermont

Obama - 58%
Clinton - 40%

Coach
03-04-2008, 05:47 PM
CNN projected that Obama won Vermont.

Coach
03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Ohio just started....

Clinton - 56%
Obama - 42%

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Matthews is talking about the "victory party" the Clintons will be throwing tonight regardless of what happens. LMAO

Coach
03-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Here's Texas:

Obama - 57%
Clinton - 42%

Ohio:
Clinton - 62%
Obama -36%

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Barring an act of God Hillary will not be substantially closer to Obama tonight. No matter how Hillary spins it, the math says she can't win unless she slaughters Obama in Ohio and Texas.

Coach
03-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Barring an act of God Hillary will not be substantially closer to Obama tonight. No matter how Hillary spins it, the math says she can't win unless she slaughters Obama in Ohio and Texas.

Well, she is slaughtering Obama in Ohio. Texas, it's still too early to tell...

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, she is slaughtering Obama in Ohio. Texas, it's still too early to tell...0% reporting isn't too early to tell?

Everyone's saying Ohio is "too close to call" and that it's going to be close, which effectively ends Clinton's pipe dream of claiming a nice win there and a "revived" campaign.

patteeu
03-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Your math is leaving out the super delegate variable, the Florida and Michigan variables, and the variable associated with the fact that "pledged" delegates aren't really committed to the candidate to which they are pledged. Afterall, how much can it cost to flip 50 or 60 delegates, especially if you make a strong case that you're more electable in November than your opponent?

DaFace
03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, she is slaughtering Obama in Ohio. Texas, it's still too early to tell...

Even in Ohio, they've only counted a select few of the votes. My guess is Hillary wins there, but not by that margin.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Your math is leaving out the super delegate variable, the Florida and Michigan variables, and the variable associated with the fact that "pledged" delegates aren't really committed to the candidate to which they are pledged. Afterall, how much can it cost to flip 50 or 60 delegates, especially if you make a strong case that you're more electable in November than your opponent?

At which point she'd be a Democratic party pariah. Thats not going to happen.

Coach
03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
0% reporting isn't too early to tell?

Everyone's saying Ohio is "too close to call" and that it's going to be close, which effectively ends Clinton's pipe dream of claiming a nice win there and a "revived" campaign.

I was going to mention that it was a 0%, but yes, it's still too early.

I guess I just don't like the numbers very lopsided to one person, then it just somehow evens out.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Your math is leaving out the super delegate variable, the Florida and Michigan variables, and the variable associated with the fact that "pledged" delegates aren't really committed to the candidate to which they are pledged. Afterall, how much can it cost to flip 50 or 60 delegates, especially if you make a strong case that you're more electable in November than your opponent?Sure thing, Mr. McAuliffe.

Coach
03-04-2008, 06:26 PM
It looks like McCain could win the nomination tonight...

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM

There is a rumor going around that tomorrow Obama is going to drop a super delegate bomb of 50 or so super delegates flipping and they are going to announce his Feb donations as well.

Just a rumor though at this moment

Coach
03-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I guess the way the night is going, Ohio might not even get their votes in until tomorrow.

Pitiful.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Here we go. Clinton camp complaining because they are losing TX. "Illegally obtained caucus packet" The Caucus packet is the freaking instructions. Who the hell cares?

Coach
03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Here we go. Clinton camp complaining because they are losing TX. "Illegally obtained caucus packet" The Caucus packet is the freaking instructions. Who the hell cares?

Memo to the Clinton Camp: "Illegally obtained votes from questionable people in California."

patteeu
03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
At which point she'd be a Democratic party pariah. Thats not going to happen.

A guy can dream can't he?

I think I'd rather see McCain draw Obama to be honest, but I'm happy to see Hillary bloody him up first and I haven't counted her out for the nomination yet.

Coach
03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
It looks like McCain could win the nomination tonight...

And he does since the Texas delegates pushes him over top.

patteeu
03-04-2008, 07:01 PM
There is a rumor going around that tomorrow Obama is going to drop a super delegate bomb of 50 or so super delegates flipping and they are going to announce his Feb donations as well.

Just a rumor though at this moment

That's what he needs. We'll see if it pans out.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
If these early votes hold, Obama will win Texas. It appears Obama was up by at least 10 in early voting. If he's within 3 of her, as the final numbers suggest, he'll win Texas.

penchief
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I just want too see a democratic revolution. The current right-wing establishment's history of disenfranchising and suppressing the vote is an indication of where the modern-day battleground exists. Those tactics have interfered in Florida and Ohio in ways that have enabled entities that lack the popular will to impose their eco-political power over the entire nation.

It's time for us to wake the **** up, IMO.

Cave Johnson
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Texas exit polls:

Clinton Obama
Male (43%) 46% 52%
Female (57%) 53% 46%

****!!!

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Texas exit polls:

Clinton Obama
Male (43%) 46% 52%
Female (57%) 53% 46%

****!!!

Exit polls don't reflect the early voting.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
MSNBC projects RI for Hillary, but still Obama did much better than expected.

Cochise
03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s (D-N.Y.) campaign charged rival Sen. Barack Obama’s (D-Ill.) campaign with breaking several rules in the Texas caucuses.

The Clinton campaign called an “emergency” conference call with reporters that was interrupted by Obama’s chief counsel Bob Bauer, who called in and said the Clinton campaign only criticized the caucus process when it was losing.

With Clinton facing what many consider must-win scenarios in both Ohio and Texas and both races too-close-to-call, the Clinton campaign charged that the Obama campaign had shut the doors on Clinton supporters at some of the caucuses, among other things.

The campaign also said the Obama camp had hijacked some of the caucus packets at certain precincts, adding that in others Obama supporters were calling in caucus results before the polls had closed.

Ace Smith, Clinton’s Texas campaign director, said the state party’s election hotline was jammed, and the Clinton campaign was receiving “hundreds of complaints.”

“This is just truly outrageous behavior,” Smith said. “It’s really disturbing, and it’s really undemocratic what’s going on.”

Clinton’s attorney said on the call that “all options are open at this point” when asked about the possibility of seeking a legal remedy to the campaign’s concerns.
Bauer’s presence on the call came as a surprise as he and Howard Wolfson, Clinton’s communications director, went round and round. Wolfson repeatedly asked Bauer and the Obama campaign to ensure that all votes in Texas are counted as Bauer impugned the Clinton campaign’s “attacking the caucus process.”

chiefforlife
03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
A guy can dream can't he?

I think I'd rather see McCain draw Obama to be honest, but I'm happy to see Hillary bloody him up first and I haven't counted her out for the nomination yet.

Bloody him up?

With the win in Vermont...thats 11 states in a row. She is really woopin up on him?

Adept Havelock
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s (D-N.Y.) campaign charged rival Sen. Barack Obama’s (D-Ill.) campaign with breaking several rules in the Texas caucuses.

The Clinton campaign called an “emergency” conference call with reporters that was interrupted by Obama’s chief counsel Bob Bauer, who called in and said the Clinton campaign only criticized the caucus process when it was losing.

With Clinton facing what many consider must-win scenarios in both Ohio and Texas and both races too-close-to-call, the Clinton campaign charged that the Obama campaign had shut the doors on Clinton supporters at some of the caucuses, among other things.

The campaign also said the Obama camp had hijacked some of the caucus packets at certain precincts, adding that in others Obama supporters were calling in caucus results before the polls had closed.

Ace Smith, Clinton’s Texas campaign director, said the state party’s election hotline was jammed, and the Clinton campaign was receiving “hundreds of complaints.”

“This is just truly outrageous behavior,” Smith said. “It’s really disturbing, and it’s really undemocratic what’s going on.”

Clinton’s attorney said on the call that “all options are open at this point” when asked about the possibility of seeking a legal remedy to the campaign’s concerns.
Bauer’s presence on the call came as a surprise as he and Howard Wolfson, Clinton’s communications director, went round and round. Wolfson repeatedly asked Bauer and the Obama campaign to ensure that all votes in Texas are counted as Bauer impugned the Clinton campaign’s “attacking the caucus process.”

Bauer crashed the "emergency conference call"?

That's gotta be a record for "rapid response" from a Campaign War Room. LMAO

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Huck is Bible-ing it up.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Clinton wins the BIG STATE of Rhode Island.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Huck is Bible-ing it up.

His concession speech is lasting longer than his campaign

Jeezus.

Adept Havelock
03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Huck is Bible-ing it up.

Somewhere in America, Chuck Norris is crying his first tears.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Somewhere in America, Chuck Norris is crying his first tears.Well at least a cure for cancer has come from all of this.

Now we just need to get to work on Rich Scanlon's nipples.

patteeu
03-04-2008, 07:48 PM

I guess it's really true that there's no honor among thieves.

Is it possible to get riots before Denver?

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Tonight, MY FRIENDS

patteeu
03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Bloody him up?

With the win in Vermont...thats 11 states in a row. She is really woopin up on him?

Yeah, Obama's cruising along messiah-like. No worries.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 07:50 PM
MY FRIENDS, now we begin

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 07:52 PM
McCain's got Gore's snoozeability.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Closing a bit in Texas, Obama's lead down from 70,000 to 42,000. (leads by 3 points). They're starting to get results in from El Paso and the Rio Grande.

However, Obama's strongholds still not reporting.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Mac looks like he's gonna run with the fear card.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Good idea, McCain. That whole "fellate big business" plan has worked so well for the past 8 years.

MY FRIENDS MY FRIENDS

This is such a schizophrenic, hollow speech.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 08:01 PM
My Friends, who wants to play the McCain Drinking game with me?

You have to drink every time he says "my friends."

Wa-Z
03-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Clinton caught up fast...at this rate she will win Texas.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 08:03 PM
My Friends, who wants to play the McCain Drinking game with me?

You have to drink every time he says "my friends."I TOLD U I WAS HARDCORE

RedDread
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Looks like they're gonna split the big states and there will be no way she can win without taking a huge majority from here on out.

This is what I was worried about: If she doesn't bow out gracefully, then the ugly tactics will start (persist) for months until she's finally alienated any good fortune the democratic party had built up. Then she'll reveal herself to the country by showing everyone how far she's willing to go to get the nomination. Eventually she'll concede defeat, but not before casting doubts about Obama's past and his electability, enabling John McCain an easy road to the White House.

Someone bump this thread in November and see how right/wrong I was :D

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
EVERYBODY GET CRUNK AT THE MCCAIN AFTERPARTY

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I would like to thank the stupid rust belt cocksuckers of my former state of residence :shake:

Logical
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Good lord, and sweet Jesus let it end.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
No caucus numbers?

Wa-Z
03-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Clinton took the lead...

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Clinton wins Ohio. Obama better pull out Texas or he is in trouble.

tiptap
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Man I miss when the conventions were not just a rubber stamp and an advertisement for the candidate. The state delegates are really part of the decision making. If you want an example of managing a Democratic led government then this will be the example of the kind of wrangling that will be part of the process. Both candidates will be on display as how they will negotiate themselves in this kind of environment. It won't be like the Republican run where the marching orders came down and everyone fell in line. Most of the young people around here have no experience with how Democrats will be haggling with each other. Just like this race between Obama and Clinton. I love this kind of governing. It is lots more democratic. It makes for more transparent decisions. Not that there isn't back room decisions but they are not hidden once compromises have been made. The part all play in those discussions aren't buried as Executive hidden decisions.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Clinton has made her push, just like she always does in the rural areas. Now it will be interesting to see how the vote in Cleveland and Cincinatti will affect Ohio, and how Dallas and Houston will affect the numbers in Texas.

Jenson71
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Is Clinton running away with Texas?

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Is Clinton running away with Texas?

John King did a breakdown on CNN. All the big cities haven't come in yet.

VonneMarie
03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Well this blows.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Do people really honestly believe that Hillary Clinton has the momentum? Are people that motherf*cking stupid.

Nevermind, of course they are ROFL

VonneMarie
03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
That's ok because Obama's about to win Texas when the major cities get counted.

Jenson71
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
John King did a breakdown on CNN. All the big cities haven't come in yet.

Looks like Dallas and Harris counties is where Obama fans' hope heavily rests.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure how this is going to play out tonight but seeing the media look almost suicidal over the results tonight has been so much fun. ROFL

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Congrats to Hillary and this doesn't surprise since I predicted this yesterday. Oh well maybe he can pull it out in Texas.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Lou Dobbs does not like Baaaarack and he's not being very discreet about it. He's almost giddy at the possibility of HIM losing Texas. :D

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Lou Dobbs does not like Baaaarack. He's almost giddy at the possibility of HIM losing Texas. :D

Lou Dobbs doesn't like anybody which is ok with me because I agree alot with Lou Dobbs position.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Lou Dobbs doesn't like anybody which is ok with me because I agree alot with Lou Dobbs position.

He infuriates me and I don't agree with him alot of the time but he's like Pat Buchanan with me. I don't agree with him alot either but I really enjoy listening to his takes on issues.

WoodDraw
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
CNN is going on and on about NAFTA. Paul Begala is saying Obama should fire his economist, who is a wonderful economist according to nearly everyone. Does anyone think this election was decided because of NAFTA? Stupid.

Basileus777
03-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Clinton gaining again and still no results from El Paso. Not good for Obama.

He will still win the nomination... but now Hillary has an excuse to keep this shit going for a few more months.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM
He infuriates me and I don't agree with him alot of the time but he's like Pat Buchanan with me. I don't agree with him alot either but I really enjoy listening to his takes on issues.

Because he's bashing Obama, dickweed.

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM

I wish Lou Dobbs would run for POTUS I would definitely vote for him

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I wish Lou Dobbs would run for POTUS I would definitely vote for him

I would seriously consider it as well.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Because he's bashing Obama, dickweed.

Uh, he wasn't bashing Baaaaaaaaaarack last year or the year before or the year before that.

But something tells me that he'll be bashing him this year, next year, and the year after...:clap:

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:21 PM
God I hate listening to Hillary speak. If she is the nominee my vote goes to McCain.

recxjake
03-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Looks like Hillary will win 3 out of 4 states tonight.... she has friendly states coming up for her... she may just win this thing.

memyselfI
God I hate listening to Hillary speak. If she is the nominee my vote goes to McCain.

I guess that is as good as any reason to vote for a candidate for POTUS. :spock:

VonneMarie
I agree, but I wouldn't go that far.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Looks like Hillary will win 3 out of 4 states tonight.... she has friendly states coming up for her... she may just win this thing.

I wouldn't go that far. But you know, it would not surprise me to see John Edwards jump on board with her if she wins TX and OH. I have no basis for this hunch.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I guess that is as good as any reason to vote for a candidate for POTUS. :spock:

It's funny you were nowhere to be seen during the the last 11 primaries. You avoided these threads like the plague.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
SO what happens if they go to the convention with neither one having enough delegates for the nomination??

VonneMarie
03-04-2008, 09:26 PM
SO what happens if they go to the convention with neither one having enough delegates for the nomination??

Supers call it, supposedly.

WoodDraw

Brokered convention.

memyselfI
It's funny you were nowhere to be seen during the the last 11 primaries. You avoided these threads like the plague.

I have been around. Not for all of them. I'm usually watching these with my family but everyone went to bed early tonight.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 09:27 PM

The superdelegates are going to line up behind Obama.

ClevelandBronco
03-04-2008, 09:27 PM

I get the heck out of Dodge for a week, because the streets of Denver could look like Chicago in '68.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
The superdelegates are going to line up behind Obama.

But, I thought the superdelegates were evil and should not be relied up on to decide the election. :hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
THOSE STATES DON'T COUNT!!!
http://i26.tinypic.com/v7v7.jpg

WoodDraw
03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
I get the heck out of Dodge for a week, because the streets of Denver could look like Chicago in '68.

:rolleyes:

VonneMarie
03-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm going to stick a fork in my eyes if she continues.

dirk digler

The only friendly she has left is PA. HE is going to win in Wyoming and Mississippi next week.

HolmeZz
But, I thought the superdelegates were evil and should not be relied up on to decide the election. :hmmm:

They're going to line up behind him because he has an insurmountable pledged delegate lead.

You avoided these primary night threads while Obama was on his winning streak. You didn't even bother to post in this thread until Hillary had won Ohio. You're a hack and a rotten human being.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Why cant the Dems make up their damn minds who they want to run for POTUS?? hahaha

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:33 PM
They're going to line up behind him because he has an insurmountable pledged delegate lead.

You avoided these primary night threads while Obama was on his winning streak. You didn't even bother to post in this thread until Hillary had won Ohio. You're a hack and a rotten human being.

You are a sheep. Baaaaarack.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Why cant the Dems make up their damn minds who they want to run for POTUS?? hahaha

I think it's exciting. It's freakin Democracy. My God, look at the pathetic CONS. They have their candidate chosen and much of the party hates him. Here the DEMS have to choose between two candidates and much of party likes both. There are some, like me, who truly like neither but lean one way because we really dislike the other.

recxjake
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM
The only friendly she has left is PA. HE is going to win in Wyoming and Mississippi next week.

I think Hillary will win Wyoming and and Penn.... Obama will win Mississippi.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
You are a sheep. Baaaaarack.

Eat a bag of dicks, you insignificant whore.

RedDread

Wyoming's a Caucus state, has Obama lost one of those yet?

HolmeZz
Obama concedes Ohio and Rhode Island. What a novel concept. Wonder if Hillary will take note.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Wyoming's a Caucus state, has Obama lost one of those yet?

Nevada, though he got more delegates than Clinton there.

The rest of the states left benefit Obama and it's why Hillary's not going to be able to make much of a case in terms of pledged delegates.

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Wyoming is a caucus state and he is going to win big there

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:43 PM

That is not the reason I wouldn't vote for her. She is a fake pathetic person

RedDread
03-04-2008, 09:43 PM
If you look at the states that she has won so far, excluding Ohio, which I was very surprised about, Obama tends to win the more centrist states while Hillary has pulled more of the democratic leaning states. If he gets the nod, this may bode well for him since competing in states like California and New York isn't really an issue since they always tend to go blue.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 09:46 PM
You are a sheep. Baaaaarack.<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z6kXzbjn5es"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z6kXzbjn5es" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ClevelandBronco
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
THOSE STATES DON'T COUNT!!!

No. The states that don't count are Michigan and Florida. At least they don't count yet.

Logical
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I think Hillary will win Wyoming and and Penn.... Obama will win Mississippi.recxjake going out of his way to blow some more predictions. Hey :shrug: he might get Penn right.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
No. The states that don't count are Michigan and Florida. At least they don't count yet.NO THOSE STATES COUNT THEY WERE VERY FAIR AND VERY IMPORTANT CONTESTS

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Holy shit, one of Obama's staffers is the grandson of Kamala!

RedDread
03-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Still a lot of results left from the big cities. C'mon mah Homies, do your duty!

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Guess who's moving on to a general election strategy, bitches?

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Obama is slowly getting farther behind in Texas. Have any of the big cities came in yet?

Reaper16
03-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Holy shit, one of Obama's staffers is the grandson of Kamala!
I'd mark out if I saw Kim Chee at an Obama rally.

Guru
03-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Does Obama ever say anything worthwhile in his speeches?

RedDread
03-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Dallas, Jump on it, Jump on it, Jump on it!

Houston, Jump on it, Jump on it, Jump on it!

San Antonio, Jump on it, Jump on it, Jump on it!

Austin, Jump on it, Jump on it, Jump on it!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lq5xSuKjvwo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lq5xSuKjvwo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Does Obama ever say anything worthwhile in his speeches?I know! He's so shallow I'm not even listening to him because he's so shallow!

Blah blah blah, talking with foreign leaderBLAH BLAH, give us some depth like how you'll "FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY MY FRIENDS" you shallow jerk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk39IaPtRk0
"This video is not available in your country."

Well that's ****ing strange.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 10:01 PM
So what the hell's happened with the Texas caucus?

VonneMarie
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Do the right thang, Harris County...

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
So what the hell's happened with the Texas caucus?We'll know, uh... in April, maybe?

Probably going to be a while.

Guru
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
I know! He's so shallow I'm not even listening to him because he's so shallow!

Blah blah blah, talking with foreign leaderBLAH BLAH, give us some depth like how you'll "FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY MY FRIENDS" you shallow jerk!

"This video is not available in your country."

Well that's ****ing strange.

Maybe if he actually HAD a movement he might be interesting. :evil:

RedDread
03-04-2008, 10:04 PM
What ****ing country are you from??

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Maybe if he actually HAD a movement he might be interesting. :evil:Well that's so clever.

What ****ing country are you from??What ain't no country I ever heard of.

VonneMarie
03-04-2008, 10:06 PM
It's looking more and more like we're heading for a brokered convention.

StcChief
03-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Good.... with their split the delegates format they get what they deserve.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Good.... with their split the delegates format they get what they deserve.Shit, electoral votes should be split proportionally. There's no reason to discount up to 49% of a state's votes like that.

HolmeZz
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM

There's no reason to think that.

RedDread
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
They need to reduce the total delegate count to represent the loss of Michigan and Florida, either that or just award those delegates to whoever is ahead at the convention to seal the deal.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
There's no reason to think that.It's going to be damn hard to keep digging her heels in when busloads of superdelegates start telling her to stop ****ing around.

Axelrod's talking about how Penn claimed they would "wipe out" the delegate lead tonight, ha.

Mecca
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Does Obama ever say anything worthwhile in his speeches?

Screw reasoning and logic that's for weaklings we need more leadership that isn't thought out like Bush provided us that's how you "get tough"

Logical
03-04-2008, 10:14 PM
What ****ing country are you from??I am in the US and it is saying the same thing UP saw. By chance are you out of the country on business?

RedDread
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Shit, electoral votes should be split proportionally. There's no reason to discount up to 49% of a state's votes like that.

It wouldn't have affected the Repubs this year, since the Maverick would have won in a landslide either way.

RedDread
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Weird, I changed the link. Does that one work?

Coach
03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Okay...

Texas Caucuses, Obama at 56 to Clinton's 43 but only 5% in.

VonneMarie
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Well that's good news.

Guru
03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Well that's so clever.

What ain't no country I ever heard of.

I just don't see the appeal to a guy that does not state any form of a plan at all. Movement. Change. We can.

What the hell does any of it mean if there is nothing to support it?

I just don't see the love affair with this candidate at all.

Reaper16
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I just don't see the appeal to a guy that does not state any form of a plan at all. Movement. Change. We can.

This criticism is especially annoying to me, because it implies that the critic cannot hear or read. Not only can you read a bevy of solid information at his website, you can hear plenty of policy information in nearly every speech he gives.

Logical
03-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Weird, I changed the link. Does that one work?Yes the new link works, thanks

Guru
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
This criticism is especially annoying to me, because it implies that the critic cannot hear or read. Not only can you read a bevy of solid information at his website, you can hear plenty of policy information in nearly every speech he gives.

Sorry you find it annoying. I really don't care. I listen to his speeches and consider it wasted time as he says nothing. And I am sick of hearing about every lowly citizen he has met in his life as well.

I have no intention to debate the issue with you. Just saying how I feel.

Mecca
03-04-2008, 10:44 PM

You expect people to actually read? OMG how dare you man, expecting people to actually research a candidate.

Pitt Gorilla
03-04-2008, 10:44 PM

I just don't see the love affair with this candidate at all. I understand that this is an important talking point, but it just doesn't wash. Given your apparent access to the intratubes, I would guess you could find out quite a bit about his plans, if you really wanted to.

Guru
03-04-2008, 10:45 PM
You expect people to actually read? OMG how dare you man, expecting people to actually research a candidate.

none of the three have done enough earn my vote.

RINGLEADER
03-04-2008, 10:46 PM

He did say that he was going to end the war in Iraq (presumably by removing our soldiers), slow development of new weapons system (I guess so the Chinese and Russians can get them first or we can be less precise when we bomb our enemies), and stop funding unproven missile defense systems (which I assume means all missile defense systems since you can't find out if they work or not without investing in their development).

That's a plan.

Logical
03-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry you find it annoying. I really don't care. I listen to his speeches and consider it wasted time as he says nothing. And I am sick of hearing about every lowly citizen he has met in his life as well.

Well if you feel you must be spoonfed, you will probably deserve the candidate you vote for, if you are genuinely interested there is plenty of info on the candidates plans (all of the candidates plans, yes even McCains).

Mecca
none of the three have done enough earn my vote.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but aren't you the guy who was pissed off there isn't some overly religious evangelical candidate...

Guru
I understand that this is an important talking point, but it just doesn't wash. Given your apparent access to the intratubes, I would guess you could find out quite a bit about his plans, if you really wanted to.

I guess the rose colored glasses malfunction on me because I have not heard anything from him that gets me excited at all. I have navigated his website and it definitely does not clear things up for me. He loves to state what Clinton is all about though.

Mecca
03-04-2008, 10:48 PM
He did say that he was going to end the war in Iraq (presumably by removing our soldiers), slow development of new weapons system (I guess so the Chinese and Russians can get them first or we can be less precise when we bomb our enemies), and stop funding unproven missile defense systems (which I assume means all missile defense systems since you can't find out if they work or not without investing in their development).

That's a plan.

I bet I saw you on 60 minutes sayin he was a muslim too.

Guru
03-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong but aren't you the guy who was pissed off there isn't some overly religious evangelical candidate...

I wanted Romney. That is no secret. hardly pissed though. Call it what you want. I really don't care.

Coach
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Son of a ****ing bitch. Clinton wins Texas primary. :shake:

Guru
03-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Well if you feel you must be spoonfed, you will probably deserve the candidate you vote for, if you are genuinely interested there is plenty of info on the candidates plans (all of the candidates plans, yes even McCains).

So because I don't like Obama I need to be spoonfed? What the hell is that supposed to mean? God forbid I can learn any useful information in this forum. I should have known better.
:doh!:

Cochise
03-04-2008, 11:01 PM
the show it would appear goes on.

RINGLEADER
03-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I bet I saw you on 60 minutes sayin he was a muslim too.

Nope. Just repeating what Obama himself said. But I guess repeating what the candidate himself said is off-limits too.

Logical
03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I wanted Romney. That is no secret. hardly pissed though. Call it what you want. I really don't care.
If you wanted Romney you would not be open to the plans of Obama, Clinton or McCain.

SNR
03-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Frank, this shit just got real

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Clinton may pick up 10-20 delegates tonight, and she at best will win one more state, Pennsylvania.

Guru
03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
If you wanted Romney you would not be open to the plans of Obama, Clinton or McCain.

Hence my voting problem. I am tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Mr. Kotter
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
The stupid bastards who run the DNC....are, apparently, going to allow Hillary to contest this thing all the way to Denver....how GD stupid can you be??? I mean, seriously???

ROFL

If John McCain is elected President in November....holy crap, the whining and gnashing of teeth we will have to endure until 2012....

LMAO

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 11:42 PM

http://i31.tinypic.com/2uoszuh.gif

Hence my voting problem. I am tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.So you decided to skip that and vote for the GREATER of evils. Interesting plan.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Anyways, I would love to have a camera trained on the Clinton camp in the morning when they realize they're still getting their asses kicked.

Mr. Kotter
03-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I understand that this is an important talking point, but it just doesn't wash. Given your apparent access to the intratubes, I would guess you could find out quite a bit about his plans, if you really wanted to.

"Wow. Look kids....someone who still believes in Santa Claus, too....I bet.....I mean, politicians never lie, never mislead, never engage in hyperbole in their rhetoric, however polished as it may be....we all KNOW this to be true, kids."

Cool... heh. ROFL

Guru
03-05-2008, 12:22 AM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2uoszuh.gif

So you decided to skip that and vote for the GREATER of evils. Interesting plan.

Whats with the hate? Did I offend you in some way? Damn I hate politics. God forbid you form an opinion without getting blasted by people that don't like your outlook.

I suppose you have just been THRILLED with the choices out there for the past 20 years or so.

ClevelandBronco
03-05-2008, 12:36 AM

I just don't see the love affair with this candidate at all.

It's a religious thing. I'm a RWRNJ, and I know religion when I see it.

ClevelandBronco
03-05-2008, 12:38 AM
They need to reduce the total delegate count to represent the loss of Michigan and Florida, either that or just award those delegates to whoever is ahead at the convention to seal the deal.

Either that, or be forced to seat them. That's probably your worst case scenario, but it's a real possibility.

I'm really enjoying this.

ClevelandBronco
03-05-2008, 12:46 AM
The stupid bastards who run the DNC....are, apparently, going to allow Hillary to contest this thing all the way to Denver....how GD stupid can you be??? I mean, seriously???

ROFL

If John McCain is elected President in November....holy crap, the whining and gnashing of teeth we will have to endure until 2012....

LMAO

Yeah, but at least this time they'd be bitching inside their party about who stole what. After eight years of background noise it'd be soothing to hear four years of music.

patteeu
03-05-2008, 06:45 AM
So because I don't like Obama I need to be spoonfed? What the hell is that supposed to mean? God forbid I can learn any useful information in this forum. I should have known better.
:doh!:

Obamanauts are a defensive bunch and they are particularly touchy seeing their candidate finally being scrutinized by a media they thought was on their side and seeing his chances of wrapping up the nomination soon swirl around the drain.

patteeu
03-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Hence my voting problem. I am tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Look at it this way: McCain is to Clinton or Obama what France was to the USSR during the cold war. France had a lot of faults from our perspective, but to say it was the lesser of two evils is to give the Soviets too much credit. IMO.

tiptap
03-05-2008, 07:27 AM
I love that the fight is going on. I want a convention that is selecting a President. Not one that is a love fest. From now until the convention the contest will take news cycles away from McCain. It doesn't matter if it is thought of as bad press or not come the regular campaign in the fall. Because you want to see your candidates under pressure, see how they work through rough spots.

I see the contest as a tale of two Democrats. There is the young, enthusiastic, highly educated Democrats brought in by Obama who really are not voting a specific issue. They see they are putting a candidate forward and in the process defining his views afresh without the encumberance of having to fit a specific agenda. The second Democrats is the blue collar Democrat whose family is immediately impacted by health, war and job issues. They are looking for answers to specific question up front. They do have specific needs. As we move through the primaries we go through states where one group or the other is larger. It isn't that there is some new rise or fall of Clinton or Obama. It is just that states' population makeup differ as to what kind of Democrats are in the majority.

go bowe
03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
You are a sheep. Baaaaarack.well ok then...

my guy is going to be the next president of the united states of america...

if that makes me a sheep, then all i can say is baaarack...

hussein for president...

he may be the first muslim to hold our highest elected office...

i wonder if the bush people will leave the white house in shambles like the clintonistas did...

after all, they will be leaving the country in shambles for baaarack hussein to clean up... :D :D :D