PDA

View Full Version : Who are you going to be watching on Sunday?

keg in kc
08-07-2001, 09:33 PM
I'll be watching the first team offense during the first quarter, obviously, but I'll probably try to keep and eye on several other guys:

Warfield/Bartee.
Lew Bush.
Patton/Maslowski.
Blaylock.
Klemic.
Tynes.

Probably a bunch of other people, more than I can even remember without looking at a roster, and for that reason this will be the first (but not last) Chiefs game I've ever taped.

What players will J00 be watching?

Nelson Muntz
08-07-2001, 09:38 PM
Well i'll probably be watching the cute chick that i always talk to at wally world on sundays,.... oh wait you meant the game...lol

I'm just gonna watch and look at everybody, see who all stands out. I can't even wait til sunday. I've been going through withdrawals since january....lol

Tribal Warfare
08-07-2001, 09:40 PM
The WR and D-Line corps, including the players you stated.

keg in kc
08-07-2001, 09:42 PM
Oh yes, the D-line. Definitely the D-line. I thought I'd put them in my first post.

I want to see all the rookies play, too. Too bad Layne has that high ankle sprain.

NaptownChief
08-07-2001, 09:50 PM
I'm excited to see Blaylock, Biesel and Minnis in action. I will have a close eye on Baber to see if he is the athlete that I have read a bunch about...

KCGannonStalker
08-07-2001, 09:52 PM
I'm going to be watching Brent Green and laughing at Carl Peterman's stupidity for releasing Pro Bowl Starting Quarterback Rich Gannon.

I'm also going to watch Frank Morrow and Mark Cloud to see how the young guys play. On defense, I want to see if Roy Crockett still has what it takes and if Derrick Warfield can rebound from last seaons.

NaptownChief
08-07-2001, 09:54 PM
KCGannon,

Don't forget about Keith Holmes...

Frazod
08-07-2001, 11:20 PM
What network is carrying the game? I hope it's not just local - I don't think my Direct Ticket stuff kicks in until the regular season.

keg in kc
08-07-2001, 11:29 PM
Uhm, Tim, I hate to tell you but...

Sorry dude.

Rausch
08-07-2001, 11:29 PM
Won't be able to see the game on sunday...My local cable company has the rights to choose to watch it or not, they have choose not to now for 3 years....

Bastiches...

I'll probably listen on the radio though, get frustrated, and then just turn it off similar to last year...

Does a body in here know how I can get it on DirecTV? Do any of the FOX sports channels carry preseason?

:confused: :( :confused: :(

Frazod
08-07-2001, 11:33 PM
I figured as much. Crap. :mad:

Oh well, they don't really mean anything. Still, it would've been nice.

philfree
08-07-2001, 11:37 PM
I'll be watching the field presence of Trent Green most of all. But I'm pumped about players like Moses, Minnis and Blaylock. I'm hoping that there is a star in the bunch.( I think there is and maybe more then one) I'm also going to be watching Ricks and I hope we use him and Gonzo in a two TE set. Actually there is so many to watch that the only effective way to watch them all would be with game tape.

PhilFree:cool:
~Hopes he doesn't forget his binocs~

Chiefs Pantalones
08-07-2001, 11:39 PM
I'm going to be watching,

Trent Green
Holmes
Blaylock
Crockett
etc. etc.,

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Green and see how he takes charge in the huddle, etc. DV said that another reason why he wants TG to play the first half is he wants the team to feel TGs presence, and to (he didn't say this exactly, but this is what he meant) prove to everybody that he's the ****.

DaMook
08-07-2001, 11:45 PM
I am interested to see C. Thomas, everything from camp sounds like he could be a legitimate #2 or even #1:

#1/#2:

D. Alexander
C. Thomas

In no particular order:

Minnis
Mayes
Horne
Moses

Not too bad, imho, I wish slymo wasn't hurt though, i think this was his year

Rausch
08-07-2001, 11:48 PM
Right.....

but does anyone know if I can find the game on any of the DIRECTV channels? Fox Midwest?

Saggysack
08-07-2001, 11:53 PM
I will be watching

T.Green
T.Collins
R.Helming
D.Blaylock
P.Holmes
D.Klemic
D.Mayes
M.Minnis
G.Simon
C.Thomas
B.Baber
M.Ricks
V.Allotey
C.Wiegmann
E.Downing
R.Owens
L.Bush
G.Cadrez
W.Bartee
R.Crockett
P.Dennis

keg in kc
08-07-2001, 11:53 PM
I doubt it will be on Fox Sports St. Loui--err, I mean Fox Sports Midwest.

I don't believe it will be on direct TV, but you might find the game on a bar locally who has a C-band satellite (or ask them to get it on).

Rausch
08-07-2001, 11:58 PM
A bar in JEFF City with a satellite dish?

I take it you've never visited our little respite for political degenerates, 'eh?

Only one decent bar in town, and they don't even have a lbd set up...

keg in kc
08-08-2001, 12:06 AM
Better start driving around looking for houses with big satellite dishes then. ;)

"Uhhh, sir, can I watch the Chiefs game with you? I've got a six pack and some Billy Joel!"

*SLAM!*

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2001, 12:22 AM
I am going to be watching Stephen F. Austin, that RB from the University of Derrick Blaylock (UDB).

:rolleyes: :D

Rausch
08-08-2001, 12:37 AM
damn man, that was awful RUDE...

A fella' just try'n ta' find out how ta' see a game and BLAMO! Slammed.....

Leave Billy Joel alone....he had some good stuff befoe the 80's came along....:mad:

Phobia
08-08-2001, 12:39 AM
Brad, I'm going to try to forget that you pimped BJ on this board if you'll forget that I would probably recognize a NKOTB song if I heard it. "You got the right stuff" or some **** like that.... :D

keg in kc
08-08-2001, 12:43 AM
Hey Brad, you're the one who posted about kicking back with a six pack and some BJ (err, Billy Joel, not the other "bj...)

Seriously though, if you want to see the game, I think your only chance would be to find someone with a C-band satellite and then call the Chiefs PR office and find out what the coordinates to the game are...

Saggysack
08-08-2001, 12:49 AM
coordinates or frequency?

Rausch
08-08-2001, 12:49 AM
KPHOBIA,

You need to understan that before MTV Joel DIDN'T pimp himslef out to whatever garbage he felt would get him a top 10 single...

Hard to imagine that he could write lyrics like: "Your sisters gone out on a date, but you just sit at home and mas******e, you know the phone is gonna' ring soon but you just can't wait, for that call...Captian jack will get you high tonight...Take you to your special island...Captn jack will get you by tonight...just a little push and you'll be smiling."

MAN, he should be on a VH1 special "When they Were Cool."

bishop_74
08-08-2001, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by keg in kc
I'll be watching the first team offense during the first quarter, obviously, but I'll probably try to keep and eye on several other guys:

Warfield/Bartee.
Lew Bush.
Patton/Maslowski.
Blaylock.
Klemic.
Tynes.

Probably a bunch of other people, more than I can even remember without looking at a roster, and for that reason this will be the first (but not last) Chiefs game I've ever taped.

What players will J00 be watching?

You guys crack me up man. You're like kids the night before Christmas. :) Man, I am really excited too.

KCTitus
08-08-2001, 06:55 AM
I dont think I'll be watching any one player moreso than the team in general. Will the team come out listless, dazed, confused? Unable to complete fundamental tasks even with the first team? (see 2000 preseason)

I dont care too much about scoring and winning, but would like to see a little fire, a little pop in the step of the defense and get that sense that the team is ready to play.

HC_Chief
08-08-2001, 07:40 AM
Trent Green and Priest Holmes. These two will have the greatest impact on this team - I want o see how far we have to go before the O gels.

RedandGold
08-08-2001, 07:42 AM
Who will I be watching?

Ricks @ TE - I think that this was a great move by DV. Otherwise, I seriously doubt that he would have made the cut at WR.

Collins/Brister - If (God forbid) Green goes down, I want to see how these two function in the new offense. Backup QB is the only position that really scares me at this point.

Blaylock - I can't wait to see how he looks in a gametime situation

Tynes - I still don't think that he will beat out Peterson, but I still want to see him in action.

Thomas - Since DV is calling him the "#1 receiver" at this point, I want to see what all of the hype is about.

Unfortunately, the ONE guy that I wanted to watch probably won't even see action - Terdell Sands.

alanm
08-08-2001, 08:13 AM
Who will I be watching? Don't know most likely Denver if their on since I'm in their viewing area. No Chiefs on TV here. Can you evaluate talent via the net? :(

Bob Dole
08-08-2001, 09:03 AM
Sadly, Bob Dole won't be watching anything/anyone Chiefs related.

Mark M
08-08-2001, 09:12 AM
I'll be watching for three things, rather than three players:

1. Offensive Line. It'll be interesting how far along this important but often overlooked group has come together. Considering Trent's knee, I see this as priority #1.

2. The Defensive Backfield. I've gotta feeling we'll be seeing a lot of Dennis and Warfield. One of the two has got to step up.

3. Special Teams. This is going to be the most improved unit, IMO. While I don't expect Horne or Blaylock to rip off a 99-yard TD, I will be watching the return game ... but mostly for blocking and penalties. I'd also love to see Tynes kick a few ...

I should be at the game (I think I'm going :confused: I'll know for sure by tomorrow) but probably won't stay for the whole thing since it's a "school" night ... 5 a.m. comes awfully early! I'm totally psyched for it, though.

MM
~~Sees the value in pre-season, but doesn't treat it like a real game.

ChiTown
08-08-2001, 09:25 AM
I won't be spending much time watching the offense, except for the Ricks @ TE situation. The O is usually the last thing to gel, especially with a new system and QB. I'll be intrigued to see Green at QB, but would have a hard time being critical as of yet pertaining to the offense's progress.

I will be focusing mainly on the D.

DL, IMO, will set the tone for our entire defense this year. If they are able to contain the run (which was an absolute nightmare last year), it will give me hope for a decent year. I will be looking especially hard at the DT play. The interior of that line will have to play big for the Chiefs to be successful.

DB's are a huge concern, so I will be interested to see how our dbacks play in man coverage without the soft Kurtzy feel. I'll also be interested to see how our dbacks pick up the run. We had our guys playing so far from the LOS last year that if the RB's got around the corner, they ran for days. I think Crockett will be a bust, but I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Kicking game. These guys don't need much more practice to fairly evaluate their games. As a former punter, you're pretty much warmed up a ready to rock after the first 100 punt's or so. Same can be said of PK'ing. As long as you have the timing down with the snapper and holder, everything else is talent. These guys should be able to give us a good measuring stick Sunday as to how well our ST's kicking has progressed.

Chi
~salivating for some foooooootball

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2001, 09:27 AM
Not going to be on direct TV season ticket? :(