PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their fantasy baseball drafts yet?

The Bad Guy
03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
We had my big money league draft tonight. We scheduled it so early because no one was available until after the season starts.

Had the 9th pick, which made me mad. Not to upset with my team. I have a ton of boom or bust guys.

It's a 10-team league, H2H, 15 pitching, 15 hitting cats...

C- G. Soto
1st- Travis Hafner
2nd- Robinson Cano
3rd- David Wright
SS- Michael Young
LF- Ryan Braun
CF- Hunter Pence
RF- Jeff Franceour
UT- Matt Kemp, Jeff Kent, Kevin Youk, Lastings Milledge, Mike Bourn

SPs- Sabathia, Felix Hernandez, Pedro Martinez, Rich Harden, Tom Gorzellany
RPs- Billy Wagner, Brad Lidge, Rafael Soriano, Joba Chamberlin, Scott Shields.

Thoughts?

Deberg_1990
03-04-2008, 10:26 PM
No Royals??

The Bad Guy
03-04-2008, 10:30 PM
No Royals??

Besides Alex Gordon, Butler and Soria, I can't think of another Royal drafted.

alanm
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
As Colin Cowherd would say "NERD ALERT!!":D

The Bad Guy
03-04-2008, 10:35 PM
As Colin Cowherd would say "NERD ALERT!!":D

Colin Cowherd is the biggest dickbag on the radio.

alanm
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Colin Cowherd is the biggest dickbag on the radio.
True, but he is pretty funny at times. He was going on about joining a Fantasy BB league the other day. Said he was actually going to go through with it. And was trying to get people to talk him out of it. Good stuff. :)

The Bad Guy
03-04-2008, 10:53 PM
True, but he is pretty funny at times. He was going on about joining a Fantasy BB league the other day. Said he was actually going to go through with it. And was trying to get people to talk him out of it. Good stuff. :)

Fantasy baseball actually might be my favorite out of the 3. Because baseball season is so long, it makes those Mariners vs. Angels games on at 10:30 at night meaningful.

JBucc
03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I did a couple last year. I was completely lost. It's just not as fun as football.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Fantasy baseball actually might be my favorite out of the 3. Because baseball season is so long, it makes those Mariners vs. Angels games on at 10:30 at night meaningful.

Yea, thats also why it will never be as popular as fantasy football.

It requires too much work and time than most people are willing to spend.

SithCeNtZ
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM

Thoughts?

You are either going to have the best pitching staff in the league or the worst. Who knows how Hernandez, Martinez, Harden, Gorzellany, Shields, Lidge, or Chamberlin are going to do.

I also like fantasy baseball the best because it requires the most knowledge out of any of the fantasy sports to be good at. Knowing the players inside and out over a wide range of stats is much harder than in football when all that matters is matchups and TD totals.

RJ
03-05-2008, 12:38 AM
So you got Wright with the 9th pick? I'd say that puts you ahead, I'd have taken him #1.

I like your team, you obviously drafted the bats early and still got some nice pitching. Harden might be a good high risk pick but I personally have given up on him. I won't draft or buy the guy this season.

My first auction is Sunday afternoon. Starts at 2:00, be lucky if it's over bu midnight. But what the hell, it's one day a year and I love fantasy baseball. The time consuming part is what I like best. Baseball requires paying attention on a regular basis as opposed to just Sunday morning.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2008, 06:05 AM
So you got Wright with the 9th pick? I'd say that puts you ahead, I'd have taken him #1.

I like your team, you obviously drafted the bats early and still got some nice pitching. Harden might be a good high risk pick but I personally have given up on him. I won't draft or buy the guy this season.

My first auction is Sunday afternoon. Starts at 2:00, be lucky if it's over bu midnight. But what the hell, it's one day a year and I love fantasy baseball. The time consuming part is what I like best. Baseball requires paying attention on a regular basis as opposed to just Sunday morning.

Santana went 2, and Peavy went 3 in this draft, so I didn't really have a choice but to wait on getting Sabathia in the 3rd round.

It was a no-brainer for Wright. The first round went A-Rod, Santana, Peavy, Hanley, Pujols, Reyes, Utley, Holliday, Wright and Cabrera.

I took Braun in the 2nd. We have LF, CF, RF, and I love his LF, 3B eligbility.

I really love King Felix this year. Having Bedard takes off some pressure, but the Mariners are also taking him off the pitch counts. He could be a real monster this year.

Harden was a 16th round pick. I figured he was the biggest boom guy there. But I'm not expecting much.

My staff is either going to make or break me. I have 3 guys with a lot to prove at the top. Sabathia is pitching for a monster contract, Felix is pitching to keep pace with Bedard, and Pedro is pitching for his last contract while trying to stay out of Santana's shadow.

Watch all 3 of them blow up in my face.

cadmonkey
03-05-2008, 07:56 AM
We had my big money league draft tonight. We scheduled it so early because no one was available until after the season starts.

Had the 9th pick, which made me mad. Not to upset with my team. I have a ton of boom or bust guys.

C- G. Soto
1st- Travis Hafner
2nd- Robinson Cano
3rd- David Wright
SS- Michael Young
LF- Ryan Braun
CF- Hunter Pence
RF- Jeff Franceour

Thoughts?

Not a bad team. You have some pretty good pitching. What pick did you have, and is your league more pitcher heavy or hitter heavy?

This is my team. I had the 3rd pick in a 12 team H2H league. In our league, pitching is HUGE. if you have a couple stud pitchers you can pretty much book a spot in the playoffs.

STARTERS:

Hernandez, Ramon C
Fielder, Prince 1B
Cano, Robinson 2B
Jeter, Derek SS
Lowell, Mike 3B
Hunter, Torii CF
Wells, Vernon CF
Rowand, Aaron CF
Ibanez, Raul DH

Peavy, Jake SP
Kazmir, Scott SP
Burnett, A.J. SP
Maine, John SP
Nathan, Joe RP

BENCH:

Kukudome OF
Guillen, Jose RF
Castillo, Luis 2B
Kotchman, Casey 1B

Lester, Jon SP
Soria, Joakim RP
Corpas, Manny RP

cookster50
03-05-2008, 08:32 AM

C- G. Soto
1st- Travis Hafner
2nd- Robinson Cano
3rd- David Wright
SS- Michael Young
LF- Ryan Braun
CF- Hunter Pence
RF- Jeff Franceour

Thoughts?

I think you have a pretty good team there.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Not a bad team. You have some pretty good pitching. What pick did you have, and is your league more pitcher heavy or hitter heavy?

This is my team. I had the 3rd pick in a 12 team H2H league. In our league, pitching is HUGE. if you have a couple stud pitchers you can pretty much book a spot in the playoffs.

STARTERS:

Hernandez, Ramon C
Fielder, Prince 1B
Cano, Robinson 2B
Jeter, Derek SS
Lowell, Mike 3B
Hunter, Torii CF
Wells, Vernon CF
Rowand, Aaron CF
Ibanez, Raul DH

Peavy, Jake SP
Kazmir, Scott SP
Burnett, A.J. SP
Maine, John SP
Nathan, Joe RP

BENCH:

Kukudome OF
Guillen, Jose RF
Castillo, Luis 2B
Kotchman, Casey 1B

Lester, Jon SP
Soria, Joakim RP
Corpas, Manny RP

Pitching is enormous in this league, which is why Santana and Peavy went 2 and 3 overall.

Pretty solid team. I'd try to upgrade Rowand and some of your OF, but your pitching is fine.

I had the 9th overall pick, so I just waited for Sabathia in the 3rd round.

cmh6476
03-05-2008, 08:49 AM
12 team redraft

C Bengie Molina, SF
1B Prince Fielder, Mil
2B Chone Figgins, LAA
SS Orlando Cabrera, CHW
3B Ryan Zimmerman, Was
OF Andruw Jones, LAD
OF Pat Burrell, Phi
OF Josh Hamilton, Tex
Util Mark Teixeira, Atl

SP Erik Bedard, Sea
SP Daisuke Matsuzaka, Bos
RP J.J. Putz, Sea
RP Rafael Soriano, Atl
P Matt Capps, Pit
P Kevin Gregg, Fla
P

also Jose Guillen, Kelvim Escobar, and Gil Meche

cmh6476
03-05-2008, 08:53 AM
whats up with this Lastings Milledge dude, I still need another OF and I dont think he's been taken...

SithCeNtZ
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
whats up with this Lastings Milledge dude, I still need another OF and I dont think he's been taken...

He's a top prospect with an attitude problem that caused him get traded to the Nationals. People are hoping the change of scenery will help him reach his potential. He is almost certainly worth a bench spot on your team given his high upside.

eazyb81
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I did a couple last year. I was completely lost. It's just not as fun as football.

It's also much more difficult than football, since you have to stay with it everyday instead of once a week.

After playing in a competitive fantasy baseball league, it's hard for me to get much enjoyment out of fantasy football.

eazyb81
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Bad Guy, I'm a big fan of the Hafner pick. What round did you get him in?

I have the first pick in my league this year since I am keeping less players than other teams and I am strongly leaning towards taking Hafner since he wasn't kept. He had a rough year last season but if he bounces back he could carry me to a title.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Bad Guy, I'm a big fan of the Hafner pick. What round did you get him in?

I have the first pick in my league this year since I am keeping less players than other teams and I am strongly leaning towards taking Hafner since he wasn't kept. He had a rough year last season but if he bounces back he could carry me to a title.

I got him in the 4th round, 2nd pick (32nd overall).

With a league with so many categories, guys like Hafner are big because of power, average, walks, doubles and on base.