PDA

View Full Version : If Hillary miraculously gets the nomination...

alnorth
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
... will we see any DemoCains? :D

a1na2
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
... will we see any DemoCains? :D

If Hillary gets the nomination the democratic party will implode and most likely vote for Ross Perot, ..... again.

memyselfI
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
You are going to see Democains regardless of who wins the nomination. The estimate is 25% according to an article I read today.

recxjake
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Hillary Clinton = $$$ for the GOP

Reaper16
03-04-2008, 10:51 PM
You are going to see Democains regardless of who wins the nomination. The estimate is 25% according to an article I read today.
Paul Begala (a noted Hillary supporter) was talking tonight about a poll released today that 25% of Hillary supporters would vote for McCain over Obama, and 10% of Obama supporters would vote for McCain over Clinton.

Reaper16
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I would really, really, really prefer Barack to get the nomination, but I'm sure as Hell voting for Hillary over McCain if Clinton gets the nom.

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I am not a Democrat but if Hillary is the nominee I will vote for McCain

Logical
03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I am not a Democrat but if Hillary is the nominee I will vote for McCainAmen, trust me you are not alone.

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Amen, trust me you are not alone.

This will be the easiest choice I have made in a presidential election in quite some time

Logical
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Hillary Clinton = $$$ for the GOP
Wow recxjake gets one right in a major way

oldandslow
03-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I am not a Democrat but if Hillary is the nominee I will vote for McCain

I am a democrat and I will be voting for someone else if Hillary wins the nomination. I was truly saddened by some of the inside polling done in Ohio and Texas last PM. One of the questions asked was "does race matter." To the 15% or so that answered yes, 80% voted for Hillary.

It seems the dems are dead set against voting for a true progressive and instead are going to pick corporate-central.

Looking at McCain's environmental record (one of my big issues) he seems to be - at the very least - concerned about the environment, global warming, etc.

banyon
03-05-2008, 08:43 AM
I will vote for Nader...again.

HonestChieffan
03-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Hillary is by far preferable to Obama on so many levels and for so many reasons. The Demos have yet to realize the negative factors on Obama that will tear them to shreads.

tiptap
03-05-2008, 08:49 AM
oldandslow, I will remind you that Bush went along with his fathers stand on global warming and talked the talk on environmental issues. Yet in power all of that went away. (In Bush's defense he did get the Hawaiian Oceanic Park thing and a few other things, so he isn't the devil, not smart enough to be the devil.) And McCain would be a focusing on continued funding of the wars at the present levels at the cost of rebuilding infrastructure here to move off oil dependence. So to state McCain over Clinton, will you will remove the liberal/progressive Democrats of Congress from being able to pull the Democratic Presidency in that direction entirely. There will be no reflection of that thought enacted.

I am telling you this will be a Democratic government and that is one where power will migrate toward Congress and away from the executive branch. And that will mean real progressive movement if a Democrat is in the White House or just holding serve if McCain is elected.

NewChief
03-05-2008, 08:57 AM
I'll probably hold my nose and vote for Hillary. It depends on how much more she pisses me off before election day.