PDA

View Full Version : Joint Ticket?

pikesome
03-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton hinted at the possibility of a Democratic "dream ticket" with Sen. Barack Obama.

Speaking on "The Early Show" on CBS, Clinton said "that may be where this is headed, but of course we have to decide who is on the top of the ticket."

Clinton said the race between her and Obama remains "incredibly close," with just "smidgens of difference" between them in both the popular vote and number of delegates.

Clinton's remarks came after her campaign won two big states yesterday: Ohio and Texas. She also won Rhode Island. The wins enabled her campaign to break Obama's 12-state winning streak and pick up some momentum of its own.

Speaking later on "The Early Show," Obama congratulated Clinton on her victories while maintaining he would be able to wrap up the Democratic nomination.

"We still have close to an insurmountable lead in delegates," Obama said. Obama said his campaign had won nearly twice as many states as Clinton as well as a greater share of the popular vote.

I'm not sure getting Jesus as a VP would provide any help for Hillary's president bid. Hillary as VP might hurt Obama but I'd think Hillary's ego would torpedo the idea to begin with.

HonestChieffan
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Thats a republican dream ticket

bkkcoh
03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Well, HRC and OB don't differ too much on most of the issues so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. I find it interesting that this came out with her still behind in the delegate count, even though there are super delegates that are out there just waiting the right train to come into the station to get whatever favors they may want in order to throw their support behind candidate a or b.

I don't think this will happen because of the convention, I think it will be way too contentious and the other one wouldn't want to ride second fiddle.

It would be quite interesting thought to see how many voters that wouldn't vote for HRC as president if OB was the VP candidate. :banghead:

HolmeZz
03-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm sure she'd kill to get VP, seeing as she's not going to be the nominee.

Cochise
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't see Hillary's ego allowing her to play second fiddle to anyone.

Besides she already had a higher office than Vice President when "we were the president"

HolmeZz
03-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't see Hillary's ego allowing her to play second fiddle to anyone.

Besides she already had a higher office than Vice President when "we were the president"

I'm sure she's more interested in the spotlight. Either she gets to remain in the spotlight if Obama wins, or she gets to run again in 2012.

Taco John
03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I think Obama would be better served by a guy like Biden.

HolmeZz
03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I think Obama would be better served by a guy like Biden.

I'm leaning more towards Richardson at this point, but VP won't even matter if Hillary continues to wreck the party like she seems deadset on doing.

StcChief
03-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Joint ticket ? from the I did NOT inhale crowd? no way

Sfeihc
03-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Well, how much was your ticket?

$25 misdemeanor where I live, too bad I don't smoke.

Chief Faithful
03-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't for one second believe Hillary wants a Joint ticket because she believes Obama would be the best in office. I think she is just trying to address the large number of Obama voters that would vote McCain if Hillary was the nominee.

Reaper16
03-05-2008, 03:02 PM
I think she is just trying to address the large number of Obama voters that would vote McCain if Hillary was the nominee.
According to CNN last night, there is a larger number of Clinton voters that would vote McCain if Obama was the nominee.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
I'll vote for Ralph Nader if Hillary is the nominee.

BucEyedPea
03-05-2008, 05:14 PM
According to CNN last night, there is a larger number of Clinton voters that would vote McCain if Obama was the nominee.
And vice-versa. Too bad "larger" is so unspecific.

a1na2
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
It is my opinion that neither of the two could coexist as a team.

If HRC was President there would a chance that a lunatic fringe would try to take her out to get Obama in and like wise the lunatic fringe backing HRC just might feel it appropriate to take out Obama so she could be in the lead.

That is total speculation but the ego factor between the two just might make for a worse situation than you would ever want.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
And vice-versa. Too bad "larger" is so unspecific.

Supposedly, it was 10% of Obama voters would go McCain and 25 for Hillary.

I call bullf*ck.

SBK
03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Supposedly, it was 10% of Obama voters would go McCain and 25 for Hillary.

I call bullf*ck.

You and Herm are both quite adept at making up words. You should just change your username to Hermism.