PDA

View Full Version : SNL skit--why is it unavailable?

Carlota69
03-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Seems kind of weird that you can find almost any SNL skit on youtube, but for some reason, this one is gone. And from what I can tell, it is gone from everywhere.

Anyone know why?

banyon
03-06-2008, 12:52 PM
NBC has been agressively removing them from youtube citing copyright infringement and trying to promote the ones located at nbc.com. It started I think with the popularity of the "Lazy Sunday" skit.

Unfortunately, the fans lose out as usual because the NBC site only contains a fraction of the skits and is poorly indexed.

Carlota69
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
NBC has been agressively removing them from youtube citing copyright infringement and trying to promote the ones located at nbc.com. It started I think with the popularity of the "Lazy Sunday" skit.

Unfortunately, the fans lose out as usual because the NBC site only contains a fraction of the skits and is poorly indexed.

Ah, I see. So I take it, it's not there either? I'll go look...

vailpass
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
So "Dick in a Box" isn't out there anymore? That was some funny **** right there.

banyon
03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Ah, I see. So I take it, it's not there either? I'll go look...

Which one are you looking for?

sometimes they aren't as thorough as they thought, or it's been saved and copied to a myspace or blog site (and not just hotlinked to youtube).

Carlota69
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Which one are you looking for?

sometimes they aren't as thorough as they thought, or it's been saved and copied to a myspace or blog site (and not just hotlinked to youtube).

The first debate parody of Obama and Clinton. NBC.com only has a fraction of it...

noa
03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I think NBC has cracked down on a lot of SNL skits on youtube, not just political ones.

This skit has been a hit for them, so I don't see why they would want to hide it.

banyon
03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I think NBC has cracked down on a lot of SNL skits on youtube, not just political ones.

This skit has been a hit for them, so I don't see why they would want to hide it.

They don't understand how to market this stuff at all. Their copyright attorneys are not in tune with the technological times I think is likely.

Where's Johnny V13 when you need him, doesn't he do (or did) this type of stuff?