PDA

View Full Version : Giants back out of Hall sweepstakes...

melbar
03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Per NFL.com the Giants are lookin at other FA CB's and have "backed out" of a possible trade with the Falcons for CB Hall.

Wasnt KC mentioned as a possible interrested party for Hall? I wonder if they need a Safety? I know where they could get one! :D

CoMoChief
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Per NFL.com the Giants are lookin at other FA CB's and have "backed out" of a possible trade with the Falcons for CB Hall.

Wasnt KC mentioned as a possible interrested party for Hall? I wonder if they need a Safety? I know where they could get one! :D

Shit if we won't even bring in a couple FA guys other than Shitmario Williams there is no way we are breaking bank for a CB while giving up draft picks.

melbar
03-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Unfortunately I agree...

Halfcan
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
at least we still have herm-he has a plan you know

evolve27
03-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Shit if we won't even bring in a couple FA guys other than Shitmario Williams there is no way we are breaking bank for a CB while giving up draft picks.

ROFLROFL

Alphaman
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM

Why the hate on Williams?

melbar
03-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Hall is only 24 and one of the top 3 DB's in the league. Even if we have to trade our 2nd which is not much less than the Giants #1 What CB could we draft that would be of that calibre?

Hoover
03-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I'd go after him in a heartbeat.

We have 2 holes on this D, CB and a dominate DT, we can fill the DT spot in the draft and trade to fill the other. Our D would be loaded.

Rausch
03-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Hall is only 24 and one of the top 3 DB's in the league. Even if we have to trade our 2nd which is not much less than the Giants #1 What CB could we draft that would be of that calibre?

The only trade option that I like here. What if we trade JA and get Hall and a draft choice?

We need a CB and there isn't one near worth no 5. We could also use the five to try to replace Allen or attempt make up for the loss with one of the DT's...

Hoover
03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
There is no way we should trade Allen, giving up a pick for Hall would be smart IMO, don't trade a Allen creating a void just to fill the other void on your D.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Radio host in Dallas wants Jerry to send the Falcons one of their R1 picks for Hall and the other to the Lions for Roy Williams. Not sure if he could or would pull that off, but I think it would be worth the effort ... which is why I hope they don't do it.

Rausch
03-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Radio host in Dallas wants Jerry to send the Falcons one of their R1 picks for Hall and the other to the Lions for Roy Williams. Not sure if he could or would pull that off, but I think it would be worth the effort ... which is why I hope they don't do it.

Dallas isn't much for us to worry about. Who cares?

cdcox
03-06-2008, 10:31 PM

We have 2 holes on this D, CB and a dominate DT, we can fill the DT spot in the draft and trade to fill the other. Our D would be loaded.

I'd expand that list to at least one more LB (to replace an aging Edwards, even if Williams exceeds expectations), another CB, and probably a safety (I don't think Pollard and Page will ever be a strong duo). Defense is at least 5 starters away from being complete. We don't have to add them all this year, but within the next couple we will if we are ever going to compete for a SB.

CHENZ A!
03-06-2008, 11:56 PM
only if we don't get pacman, maybe we could get both :)

Extra Point
03-06-2008, 11:59 PM

Money! You pegged it!

melbar
03-07-2008, 10:11 AM
I still say if they want Wesley and want him out of there bad enough. Maybe we have to throw in a 6th or 7th, but I'd make that in a second!

blueballs
03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Overrated and will be overpaid
just better than average CBs are good enough