PDA

View Full Version : MY fav DT pic

DTLB58
03-06-2008, 05:43 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7959/dtrainpicer6ys8sk3.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dtrainpicer6ys8sk3.jpg)

I have been searching for an 8 X 10 of this for quite awhile. Finally found it on e-bay last week.

Obviously most of us here know it was taken from the rain game @ Arrowhead in 1998 a 17-6 Sunday night win vs. Seattle (10/4), a contest that was delayed for 54 minutes due to torrential rains.

I guess the main reason I like it so much is because it's not just another pic, it shows Derrick's love for the game, kinda like a kid playing out in the rain. Other players would have been over on the bench covered up under a rain poncho, but not DT, during a break between the 3rd and 4th quarters (if I remember right) Derrick just decided to take his break on the field in a puddle. If it would have been snow I'm thinking he would have been making a snow angel.

gta0012
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Yea that is a really cool pick.

Claynus
03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/566/dtrainqy7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ZootedGranny
03-06-2008, 05:52 PM
That's a great picture.

My favorite pic is a silhouette of Derrick sitting on his helmet in the tunnel, looking out at the field. I've only been able to find a small version of it.

OnTheWarpath58
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks, Clayton.

My new desktop picture.

DTLB58
03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
That's a great picture.

My favorite pic is a silhouette of Derrick sitting on his helmet in the tunnel, looking out at the field. I've only been able to find a small version of it.

Yep, that is a nice one also.

Valiant
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7959/dtrainpicer6ys8sk3.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dtrainpicer6ys8sk3.jpg)

I have been searching for an 8 X 10 of this for quite awhile. Finally found it on e-bay last week.

Obviously most of us here know it was taken from the rain game @ Arrowhead in 1998 a 17-6 Sunday night win vs. Seattle (10/4), a contest that was delayed for 54 minutes due to torrential rains.

I guess the main reason I like it so much is because it's not just another pic, it shows Derrick's love for the game, kinda like a kid playing out in the rain. Other players would have been over on the bench covered up under a rain poncho, but not DT, during a break between the 3rd and 4th quarters (if I remember right) Derrick just decided to take his break on the field in a puddle. If it would have been snow I'm thinking he would have been making a snow angel.

I was at that game.. three rain coats and still soaked.. The rain was literally bouncing two feet off of the ground.. Amazing game..

Was also at the Leaf game where he through more ints then completions..

I miss that Arrowhead crowd and a defense that could stifle..

Chiefsallday
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I dont post a lot of comments but im a huge Chiefs fan especially DT. But I will say as a man I almost cried. Great Pic!

beach tribe
03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I can't believe he is not in the HOF yet.

rtmike
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I dont post a lot of comments but im a huge Chiefs fan especially DT. But I will say as a man I almost cried. Great Pic!

I did. The day he died and the old man, Earnhardt.

I remember that game as well. I always thought it was a Monday night game, but a Sunday huh.

KCFalcon59
03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I did. The day he died and the old man, Earnhardt.

I remember that game as well. I always thought it was a Monday night game, but a Sunday huh.

I was at that game. Incredible rains. Lightning all over the place. I was sure it was going to be called and finished on Monday. Waited it out. Field looked like a lake. The wife was pissed that I stayed. I was a true fan baby.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks, Clayton.

My new desktop picture.

Don't thank Clayton. Thank Getty Images. And Clayton, I think Getty might object to you using their images without appropriate copyright information, as well as the fact you're not using it in accordance with the user agreement.

OnTheWarpath58
03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Don't thank Clayton. Thank Getty Images. And Clayton, I think Getty might object to you using their images without appropriate copyright information, as well as the fact you're not using it in accordance with the user agreement.

I didn't see a Getty watermark.

Did he crop it out?

Deberg_1990
03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
A contest that was delayed for 54 minutes due to torrential rains.

Actually, didnt they delay it more for the lightening than the rain?

DenverDanChiefsFan
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Correct - lightening and tornados reported in the area - they made all the fans leave the seats and go to the concourse. When we didn't leave our seats when requested they sent security down with their clubs pulled.

DTLB58
03-06-2008, 08:26 PM

That part of the quote came from an article i found after a yahoo search I did for the date of the game...just FYI.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I didn't see a Getty watermark.

Did he crop it out?

If you have an account from Getty (like he does because of WPI), you get the image without the watermark.

RustShack
03-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks a lot Goatse, thats my new wallpaper!

elvomito
03-06-2008, 09:55 PM
some time during the delay i left the house to get something to eat... i was at the taco bell drive-thru across from the stadium, listening to the game as i got my food. when rison caught that TD, i remember hearing the stadium erupt. because of the radio delay, i heard it a second or so before mitch said anything. that part is still vivid in my memory, as well as the scene of aisles-turned-rivers gushing onto the field.

88TG88
03-07-2008, 01:02 AM
If you have an account from Getty (like he does because of WPI), you get the image without the watermark.

Or if you go to NFL.com.

rad
03-07-2008, 06:19 AM

Jeez, would you give it up already? You must love sounding like a tool posting like that, otherwise you'd use PM. I would at least. I can see your hot flash over movies and such, but come on..... 1 pic.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Jeez, would you give it up already? You must love sounding like a tool posting like that, otherwise you'd use PM. I would at least. I can see your hot flash over movies and such, but come on..... 1 pic.

Chill. Like I told GC in a PM, I'm just busting his balls. Really don't care all that much.

rad
03-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Chill. Like I told GC in a PM, I'm just busting his balls. Really don't care all that much.

Oh OK, my bad. I thought you were you were being serious, given your history and all. Sorry.

chagrin
03-07-2008, 07:26 AM
I miss that guy :(

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
I miss that guy :(

Yeah, whatever. :grr:

;)

afchiefs
03-07-2008, 08:32 AM
DT pic

Valiant
03-07-2008, 08:55 AM

Screw that.. The stupid fook spams his bullshit rumors on here and claims they are newsworthy and links elsewhere for credit.. His only defense in doing it, is CP rules state you have to link your results so you do not steal..

But all of his pictures/movies he steals and never links, but we will look over that.. He does it on purpose so people will like him, nevermind the fact that the kid has no social skills outside of the internet..

And then ask him how much money he got to make a DT movie and has never produced??

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Screw that.. The stupid fook spams his bullshit rumors on here and claims they are newsworthy and links elsewhere for credit.. His only defense in doing it, is CP rules state you have to link your results so you do not steal..

But all of his pictures/movies he steals and never links, but we will look over that.. He does it on purpose so people will like him, nevermind the fact that the kid has no social skills outside of the internet..

And then ask him how much money he got to make a DT movie and has never produced??

Oh, I know. I almost mentioned to him through PM that the only reason he posts all the high-res pics is so people will like him.

And I seriously think someone should turn him AND Nick in to the NFL over that DT video. And think about filing a suit in small claims court to recoup the money.

mikey23545
03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Oh, I know. I almost mentioned to him through PM that the only reason he posts all the high-res pics is so people will like him.

And I seriously think someone should turn him AND Nick in to the NFL over that DT video. And think about filing a suit in small claims court to recoup the money.

Geez, I wish you would gather up your little skirt and sashay the hell out of here.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Geez, I wish you would gather up your little skirt and sashay the hell out of here.

:rolleyes:

I'm not going to do it. I have no stake in it. I didn't send him any money. But if he took money to produce something and didn't follow up, he's a thief.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:09 AM

If it were anyone other than GC, I'd let it slide. But he has this history of not backing up what he says he'll do.

At some point, someone needs to teach his punk ass a lesson.

beach tribe
03-07-2008, 10:14 AM

I'm not going to do it. I have no stake in it. I didn't send him any money. But if he took money to produce something and didn't follow up, he's a thief.

It takes time to make the damn thing.

I'll pay $20 for 4 games and a DT highlight film anytime.

If I don't get it before training camp starts, there will be a problem.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
It takes time to make the damn thing.

I'll pay $20 for 4 games and a DT highlight film anytime.

If I don't get it before training camp starts, there will be a problem.

There seems to be a fairly large contingent of people who think, for whatever reason, it's not going to happen. I don't know if that info comes from something he's said or done or what.

Me? Don't care. But if... IF... he doesn't come through, someone needs to rake his ass across the coals.

JMO.

And coming from someone who actually knows what's involved as a filmmaker myself... it doesn't take that long.

beach tribe
03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
That said, I have faith he will do it, and I'll bet it kicks ass.

beach tribe
03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
There seems to be a fairly large contingent of people who think, for whatever reason, it's not going to happen. I don't know if that info comes from something he's said or done or what.

Me? Don't care. But if... IF... he doesn't come through, someone needs to rake his ass across the coals.

JMO.

There will be repercussions.(?sp?)

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
There will be repercussions.(?sp?)

Good.

:thumb:

beach tribe
03-07-2008, 10:18 AM
What reason, other than the welching, does anyone have to not believe he will come through?

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I couldn't answer that question for you. And aside from Valiant (the only reason I can cite his name is he posted earlier in this thread), I couldn't even tell you which posters feel that way.

I just know I've seen posts regarding this, both here and another board. And there are multiple parties that have concerns.

It may... MAY... have to do with a rumor that someone threatened telling the NFL on him (and I swear on my unborn children it wasn't me), which could not only cause problems for him personally, but likely would get him and WPI in trouble.

beach tribe
03-07-2008, 10:32 AM
I couldn't answer that question for you. And aside from Valiant (the only reason I can cite his name is he posted earlier in this thread), I couldn't even tell you which posters feel that way.

I just know I've seen posts regarding this, both here and another board. And there are multiple parties that have concerns.

It may... MAY... have to do with a rumor that someone threatened telling the NFL on him (and I swear on my unborn children it wasn't me), which could not only cause problems for him personally, but likely would get him and WPI in trouble.

If someone did that, it would make them a spineless bitch IMO.
It would be nothing more than a selfish punk robbing us of the chance to have the greatest Chief of my lifetime forever honored, and remebered, just so they could hurt Goatse. Fukin sad if you ask me.
It's not like the NFL isn't making BILLIONS off of our loyalty.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Read further down, Bowser. Busting balls. Maybe I shoulda put a little wink in there.

Sheesh.

Bowser
03-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Read further down, Bowser. Busting balls. Maybe I shoulda put a little wink in there.

Sheesh.

Notice the deletion.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Notice the deletion.

Oh, OK. Didn't notice it.

Bowser
03-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh, OK. Didn't notice it.

Damn you people that don't refresh the page every 20 seconds. :)

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Damn you people that don't refresh the page every 20 seconds. :)

:harumph:

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
It's been 40 seconds and nothing's changed.

Brock
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
True to form, any thread with more than one FMB post in it is worthless, nitpicking BS.

El Jefe
03-07-2008, 11:49 AM
True to form, any thread with more than one FMB post in it is worthless, nitpicking BS.

QFT, although I heard he is a crazy chef, has some sweet recipes.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Let me ask a serious question of you all (anyone who cares to respond)... prior to my little meltdown in the American Gangster thread last year, when have I been a worthless, nitpicking poster? Seems to me, those with negative feelings toward me didn't have those feelings prior to that incident. Prior to that, I had very few issues with anyone on this board.

If you let one incident sway you that easily, then I don't know what to tell you.

Valiant
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Let me ask a serious question of you all (anyone who cares to respond)... prior to my little meltdown in the American Gangster thread last year, when have I been a worthless, nitpicking poster? Seems to me, those with negative feelings toward me didn't have those feelings prior to that incident. Prior to that, I had very few issues with anyone on this board.

If you let one incident sway you that easily, then I don't know what to tell you.

It is not about you..

It is not about Gochiefs stealing material.. Hell power to him if he were not such a douche..

FMB, I do not agree with your opinion in that other thread, but I do not dislike you for it.. One time or even a few times is not a reason for dislike..

Gochiefs is a whole other story.. He has been consistent in his trolling, lies, spamming and never keeping his word for years.. We are not talking a few times, we are probably past the multiple of dozens of times when he does this shit..

All he has to do is quit with the spamming of his rival board and quit being such a troll(the whole kristie tynes thing is despicable).. or keep his word and stick to his and phils board..

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
It is not about you..

It is not about Gochiefs stealing material.. Hell power to him if he were not such a douche..

FMB, I do not agree with your opinion in that other thread, but I do not dislike you for it.. One time or even a few times is not a reason for dislike..

Gochiefs is a whole other story.. He has been consistent in his trolling, lies, spamming and never keeping his word for years.. We are not talking a few times, we are probably past the multiple of dozens of times when he does this shit..

All he has to do is quit with the spamming of his rival board and quit being such a troll(the whole kristie tynes thing is despicable).. or keep his word and stick to his and phils board..
I never thought you disliked me. But by the response from a few (Brock, for one), I'm just curious now. He said I was a worthless, nitpicking poster, and that "true to form" any thread I post in is worthless.

I'm wondering why I'm a target after this incident, when I have a much longer history of being a good, contributing member.

Valiant
03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I never thought you disliked me. But by the response from a few (Brock, for one), I'm just curious now. He said I was a worthless, nitpicking poster, and that "true to form" any thread I post in is worthless.

I'm wondering why I'm a target after this incident, when I have a much longer history of being a good, contributing member.

Some posters just look past(let slide) all of gochiefs faults and love him for the pictures or videos.. They are yelling at you for going after gochiefs and the blowup thread..

imo..

mikeboogie
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
My fav pic is of the Defense, dressed up like indians. They have warpaint and feathers on. Did anyone else have this poster?

Brock
03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Some posters just look past(let slide) all of gochiefs faults and love him for the pictures or videos.. They are yelling at you for going after gochiefs and the blowup thread..

imo..

Constant nagging gets old, no matter who it's aimed at.

R&GHomer
03-07-2008, 01:23 PM

Who gives a shit! They can come track me down if they're so inclined.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Who gives a shit! They can come track me down if they're so inclined.

Oh for ****'s sake, before you pile on read the rest of the ****ing thread.

Jesus.

Claynus
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM

Jesus. These things take time. I can't believe I'm being accused of stealing people's money.

If people would bother to check the original DT video thread, they would see that:

1. I haven't even received all the donations yet
2. My source isn't finished compiling all the video yet

Put those two things together and you might understand why there's been a delay.

Sheesh.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Jesus. These things take time. I can't believe I'm being accused of stealing people's money.

If people would bother to check the original DT video thread, they would see that:

1. I haven't even received all the donations yet
2. My source isn't finished compiling all the video yet

Put those two things together and you might understand why there's been a delay.

Sheesh.

Hey, man, I did not accuse you of anything. I said there are some on here that feel you're ripping them off.

Don't get me wrong, please, because that's not what I'm saying.

Claynus
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I said there are some on here that feel you're ripping them off.

Then it's news to me. I haven't seen it posted anywhere. If people have a problem they should come talk to me.

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2008, 03:33 PM

dude you are the world's gayest person

Fried Meat Ball!
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM
dude you are the world's gayest person

Considering the source, that don't mean shit.

ROFL

Halfcan
03-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I can't believe he is not in the HOF yet.

Thanks to Blob Gretz. Blob couldn't get Favre elected to the Hall of Shame.

I was at that game-DT was amazing.

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
I can't believe some of you are so ****ing gay towards GoChiefs...we get it, you don't like him...but expecting a highlight video of a deceased football player before training camp when he has to literally review over 50 games to cut out highlights, and then find the right music, and then find the right beat, and then find the right combination for things to make it truly a great video is just outrageous...what the hell do you people expect? And he's not doing it for a profit FMB, you're the world's gayest person ever...you pretend like you're busting his balls, but you aren't...you truly like being a douche bag about a non-profit highlight video of arguably the most famous, beloved Chief of all time...it's ridiculous. The majority of the GoChiefs bashers on this board are FAR, FAR, FAR more immature than he is...it's insane how hypocritical you are. It's disgusting, really. **** off Valiant...what the **** do you do for this board? I don't even know who you are...

Halfcan
03-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't believe some of you are so ****ing gay towards GoChiefs...we get it, you don't like him...but expecting a highlight video of a deceased football player before training camp when he has to literally review over 50 games to cut out highlights, and then find the right music, and then find the right beat, and then find the right combination for things to make it truly a great video is just outrageous...what the hell do you people expect? And he's not doing it for a profit FMB, you're the world's gayest person ever...you pretend like you're busting his balls, but you aren't...you truly like being a douche bag about a non-profit highlight video of arguably the most famous, beloved Chief of all time...it's ridiculous. The majority of the GoChiefs bashers on this board are FAR, FAR, FAR more immature than he is...it's insane how hypocritical you are. It's disgusting, really. **** off Valiant...what the **** do you do for this board? I don't even know who you are...

:doh!: wow that was more Drama than I wanted to read.

Scorp
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM

God damn it is scary how you and Go_Chiefs (Goatse) come across as the same f*cking person. It is like you are twins or something. :shake:

Valiant
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM

Could care less about justifying myself to you and your lover gochiefs.. Both of you are yellow spineless cocksuckers, literally and rhetorically.. You just get pissy when you and your girlfriend get called out for being the bitches you are..

You should go back down on gochiefs crotch while he unjustifiably picks on some woman on here again.. At least with you two douches, you deserve the shit you receive..

----------------------------------------

Off to JA Bar, he unlike Okoye is giving out autographs and pictures.. I hope he does not get drunk tonight..