PDA

View Full Version : Arrowhead doing it's best to keep KC fat...

DaWolf
08-08-2001, 11:07 AM
Mmmmm.... Philly Beef Sandwich Combo w/fries.... *drool*

Fans will Find New Menu at Arrowhead this Sunday

AUG 8 (morning)--Many of the players and coaches will be new and so will some of the fare. This Sunday night's game at Arrowhead Stadium between the Chiefs and Washington Redskins will feature plenty of "new" on the field and on the concourses, too.
Papa John's Pizza and Winslow's Barbecue will make their debut as part of the new Arrowhead cuisine. Also new will be the 1/2 pound Farmland Black Angus Steakburgers and chicken tender platters. Food is an important part of the Arrowhead experience, says Wallace Bennett, the team's vice president of sales and marketing. "We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our public's trip to Arrowhead," he says. "We've come a long way from the food offered at stadiums ten years ago."

One of the new ways the team will make the trip to Arrowhead more of a dining experience is through the sale of "platters" and "combos" of food. These value-enhanced meals include side dishes like french fries, cole slaw, smoked beans or potato salad. The following new items may be found at locations throughout the stadium:

Gourmet Chicken Sandwich Combo w/fries
Grilled chicken breast fillet on roll with fresh lettuce, tomato, pickle and red onion accompanied with french fried potatoes. Optional toppings include sliced cheddar cheese and ranch dressing.

Gourmet Burger Combo w/fries
Half-pound Black Angus steakburger on roll with fresh lettuce, tomato, pickle and red onion with french fried potatoes.

Philly Beef Sandwich Combo w/fries
Sauteed beef on a hoagie roll, topped with grilled sliced onions, peppers and melted mozzarella cheese combined with french fried potatoes.

Chicken Tender Basket w/fries
Deep-fried breaded chicken strips with french fried potatoes with choice of honey mustard or ranch dipping sauces.

Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
Breaded deep-fried tenderloin on roll with fresh lettuce, sliced tomato and mayonnaise served with thin cut steak fries.

All-Beef Jumbo Dog
A 1/3 pound all-beef grilled frankfurter served hot off the grill on a hoagie roll and topped with sauerkraut

Hot Roast Beef Sandwich
Thinly sliced hot roast beef stacked on an onion roll and topped with melted cheddar cheese and choice of horseradish.

Pizza by the slice or pie
Choice of pepperoni or cheese Papa John's pizza.

Winslow's Kansas City Style Barbecue
Choice of the "famous smokie," chopped beef or turkey sandwiches on roll and topped with sauce and pickles. Add your choice of cole slaw, smoked beans or potatoe salad.

Winslow's Kansas City Style Rib Platter
A combo platter of pork ribs and your choice of any two sides. Winslow's Specialty Blended Sausage
Large sausage link topped with choice of peppers, onions, and sauerkraut. Add you choice of Winslow's side dishes.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/latest/mainnews.asp?storyID=2326&cat=1

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2001, 11:13 AM
Its about time they exchanged that sick *** pizza with some good ****.

CG

the pizza they used to have tasted like cardboard.:eek:

phillfree
08-08-2001, 11:13 AM
If they really wanted to rake in the dough they should set up a buffet in the parking lot and open it about 3 1/2 hours before the game.

PhilFree :cool:

Mark M
08-08-2001, 11:16 AM
Whatever happened to just having the four basic food groups at the stadium:

Hot Dogs
Nachos
Pretzels
Beers

All the things a growing boy or girl needs! ;) The rest of that stuff is just fluff ... besides, people will have to take out a second mortgage just to pay for it all!

MM
~~Has simple tastes

Baby Lee
08-08-2001, 11:18 AM
There ought to be a law. If your gonna sell hotdogs at a sporting event, you have to offer them 'Chicago-style' [ie, with brown mustard, day-glo relish, tomato wedge, diced onion, sport peppers, and celery salt]. Perhaps the world's perfect food.

Don't forget poppy-seed bun.

Mark M
08-08-2001, 11:18 AM
And there should be NO BEANS allowed within the stadium ... haven't they ever seen Blazing Saddles?

http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/contrib/legionxs/fart.gif

MM
~~Won't be lighting a match anywhere near the stadium.

gh4chiefs
08-08-2001, 11:34 AM
Notice they didn't post the PRICES for all this stuff.

What's everybody's guess on the 1/2 pound burger. 10 bucks maybe?

Mi_chief_fan
08-08-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Mark M
And there should be NO BEANS allowed within the stadium ... haven't they ever seen Blazing Saddles?

http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/contrib/legionxs/fart.gif

MM
~~Won't be lighting a match anywhere near the stadium.

MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! Beans! Mongo like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

58Forever
08-08-2001, 11:38 AM
Well the topic is keeping KC fat...so I'd imagine it will also keep Lamar's wallet fat too....

I'd say $7-8 on the burger...can you take food into Arrowhead legally?....I'll just grill my own and sneak them in....

lakeman
08-08-2001, 11:38 AM
They aren't doing this right until they have Beer up the Butt Chicken, Smoked Pork Ribs, and Deep Fried Turkey!:)

Mi_chief_fan
08-08-2001, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 58Forever
Well the topic is keeping KC fat...so I'd imagine it will also keep Lamar's wallet fat too....

I'd say $7-8 on the burger...can you take food into Arrowhead legally?....I'll just grill my own and sneak them in....

That's a good point: can you take your own in. I went to Milwaukee this summer to watch my Cardinals (lose) at Miller Park. We tailgated, along with thousands of people, and it was great. But the best part was that they not only allowed you to bring your own food(and drink), but actually encouraged it.

It made losing alot more tolerable.

gh4chiefs
08-08-2001, 11:49 AM
I don't think you are supposed to take food in, but I see people sneaking food in all the time. Which is a big money saver. I like to eat at the park, but geez you have to take out a second mortgage to afford it.

Logical
08-08-2001, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 58Forever

$7 to $8 dollars for a half pound hamburger would actually be a bargain. This last weekend took the family to Fuddruckers and a 1/2 pound hamburger with fries is $8.95. I would guess more like the $10 figure for Arrowhead but compared to the 1/3 pound hot dog prices that is still in line for ballpark food.

Folks you are comparing the prices to home cooked, or picnic barbeque. You need to compare the prices to restaurants. At Qualcomm they let Rubios and some other local places open their own concessions in the stadium and the prices are a little higher than at their local restaurants but still in line and that is a reasonable deal IMO.

My criteria is does it taste good or great and what would I pay for that quality at a restaurant. If those things are in line why complain.

I am with Cody it is that crappy a$$ cardboard pizza for a ridiculous price that pizzes me off. That and the ridiculous cost of sodas and beer!

gh4chiefs
08-08-2001, 12:10 PM
Well I can't say I've tried everything at Arrowhead, but from what I've had, it's nothing special, definitely not worth the prices they charge. I resent paying $4+ for a soda that I could get at QuickTrip for $1.29.

We'll see how these new menus work out, maybe the food will be better but I'm afraid it's going to come with sticker shock.

Warrior5
08-08-2001, 12:30 PM
No Jalapeno Poppers???

Where's Cody?

redhed
08-08-2001, 12:34 PM
Eat lunch before a noon or 3:00 game, and supper or snacky snacks after. Eat supper before the night games, and snacks & dessert when it's all over.

I'd rather spend my food money on stuff I know is going to good. I don't trust anyone but myself to handle my meat. :p

lakeman, 10-4 on that D-F turkey. Nice flavor and oh so moist.

Herzig
08-08-2001, 12:39 PM
Personally, I am filled to maximum girth before I squeeze through the turnstiles anyway so I rarely get up to miss any of the game to eat the food.

I think the tailgating experience at Arrowhead is a special experience in an age of downtown stadiums that offer little parking close to the stadium(i.e. Trans-world dome or what ever the hell the new name is). It offers bonding with your fellow Chiefs fans...Where else do you see so many people lined up waiting for the gates to open 3 hours before the game to stake out their favorite tailgating spot. I have friends all around the stadium that are in the same spot year after year. I cannot count the number of times they have shared their feasts with my friends and I.

This experience is an integral part of being a "CHIEFS" fan...

I just hope they start selling Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat at Arrowhead...

Phobia
08-08-2001, 12:44 PM
Warrior,

Jalapeno Poppers was MY deal at kc.com.
And you stole my thunder. :D

Cody is the Jalapeno Cheese Balls king. :D

I'm shocked someone remembered - that was over 2 years ago.

redhed
08-08-2001, 12:51 PM
If you don't tailgete, you miss much of what being a football fan is all about.
I spend enough on parking :mad: and tickets anyway.

I know they sell the Pale Ale, don't know about the unfiltered.

Warrior5
08-08-2001, 12:57 PM
I stand corrected; it WAS your idea on TOBB...apologies.

...still want Jalapeno Poppers at Arrowhead...

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 12:59 PM
There's nothing better than a plate of KC-style ribs and a plate of jalapeno poppers...

ExtremeChief
08-08-2001, 01:32 PM
2 pages full of replies about food...

without the troll!!!!!!

gettin hungry...

Iowanian
08-08-2001, 01:43 PM
2 words that make everyone happy.

Quarter Draws

ptlyon
08-08-2001, 01:46 PM
I'm 9/10ths smashed before walking into Arrowhead!!!

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 01:48 PM
Quarter Draws at Arrowhead?

The drunkeness that ensued might actually guarantee that Packfan was right about Chief fans!

Iowanian
08-08-2001, 01:57 PM
So Its a good idea in Theory....but a drunken, barfing, $h!tty Idea in reality.....

I'm just sickened by the fargin prices for beer there currently.

For $5/beer a Chiefs Cheerleader should hold your unit for you....you know....at halftime.

~rememering the good ol' college days when $5 could make you sick for 2 days.

ptlyon
08-08-2001, 02:01 PM
At least we don't have to drink Old Stlye like at Solider Field...