PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Chiefs look at Will Franklin

Pitt Gorilla
03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Granted, he was the 3rd or 4th option for the Tigers, but he has put up crazy numbers since the season ended. He ran a 4.37 40 at the combine and had a vertical of 40.5 at MU's pro day (better than anyone at the combine). He's also an outstanding blocker and weighs 215 lbs. He should be a first day guy, but if he slips to the 4th round, I'd hope the Chiefs would look at him.

Temple and Zo Williams also had great days, with Zo running a 4.87 40 for a 300+lbs DT. He benched 225 29 times, which is ok. He won't get drafted, but would be a nice FA signing.

OmahaChief
03-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Coud not agree more. He is also a pretty tough kid. I like how he plays and hope we get a shot at him as I think he would be really solid in KC.

Easy 6
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I dont know who he is, but he sounds like a big project (3rd or 4th college option) with big upside (great raw numbers).

Cochise
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
He has as much of a chance to make a good pro as Justin Gage did, I think.

tyton75
03-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I think he would be great for a team in need of a "posession" type reciever.. kinda like Keyshawn was in his later days..

I dont' care what his 40time was... he doesn't play that fast at all.. but he is a hard-nosed Football Player.. not a track star.. the kinda guy Herm claims to covet

Bowser
03-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Who would make the better pro - Will Franklin, or Jordy Nelson?

Pitt Gorilla
03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I dont know who he is, but he sounds like a big project (3rd or 4th college option) with big upside (great raw numbers).He was the 3rd or 4th option due to other talent (Rucker, Coffman, Maclin, & Alexander). Those players will all play on Sundays.

siberian khatru
03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
He was the 3rd or 4th option due to other talent (Rucker, Coffman, Maclin, & Alexander). Those players will all play on Sundays.

I hope Danario's knee is OK. Maybe he'll come back even faster like Maclin did.

I bet Temple winds up in Denver.

Micjones
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Franklin's going to go where? In the Middle Rounds?
I'd definitely like to see this team take him.

chagrin
03-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Granted, he was the 3rd or 4th option for the Tigers, but he has put up crazy numbers since the season ended. He ran a 4.37 40 at the combine and had a vertical of 40.5 at MU's pro day (better than anyone at the combine). He's also an outstanding blocker and weighs 215 lbs. He should be a first day guy, but if he slips to the 4th round, I'd hope the Chiefs would look at him.

Temple and Zo Williams also had great days, with Zo running a 4.87 40 for a 300+lbs DT. He benched 225 29 times, which is ok. He won't get drafted, but would be a nice FA signing.

Serious question - are you basing your desire for him on his combine numbers? Is there something other than stories about him that peaked your interest?

EyePod
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Who would make the better pro - Will Franklin, or Jordy Nelson?

Really? Are you actually asking that question? Jordy Nelson is going to be a really good NFL receiver. Will Franklin did not have the highest vert in the combine. He had a 34.5 That's decent, but not that great. I would much rather have Jordy Nelson than this guy. Apparently he has durability issues too. I think this guy would be a reach at the 4th round. Nelson has proven himself. There has to be a reason why Franklin was Mizzou's 3rd option....

Frazod
03-07-2008, 11:12 AM

:mad:

Pitt Gorilla
03-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Really? Are you actually asking that question? Jordy Nelson is going to be a really good NFL receiver. Will Franklin did not have the highest vert in the combine. He had a 34.5 That's decent, but not that great. I would much rather have Jordy Nelson than this guy. Apparently he has durability issues too. I think this guy would be a reach at the 4th round. Nelson has proven himself. There has to be a reason why Franklin was Mizzou's 3rd option....Will improved his vertical at MU's pro day to 40.5. That is much closer to his vertical coming out of high school. As to who will be a better receiver, I have no idea.

Nelson likely wouldn't have been option 1 or 2 at MU either. He's a great receiver, but he's not a better option in our offense than Maclin or one of the TEs.

Bowser
03-07-2008, 11:52 AM

I bet you're right. Hopefully, he tanks it on purpose when he plays the Chiefs.

Pitt Gorilla
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Serious question - are you basing your desire for him on his combine numbers? Is there something other than stories about him that peaked your interest?Actually, I'm not really sure I want him to be a Chief. Will is a great kid and works incredibly hard. If he doesn't pan out in the NFL, I'd rather it be some other team's fans bagging on him, honestly. However, he has the talent and skill set to a very solid receiver. Once again, I think he'll be a top 3 rounds guy and I don't see the Chiefs taking a receiver that high.

To more directly answer your question, I'm a huge Tiger fan and want to see Will do well. I think he will, but it probably won't be as a Chief.

Direckshun
03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Franklin's got amazing upside.

Given this FO's track record, they like local guys and it wouldn't surprise me if we grab this guy in the 4th.

Cochise
03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm not really worried where Temple goes. I don't think he looks like a good pro back. In the right situation you never know I guess, running backs are made by the talent around them more often than not.

Sully
03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm not really worried where Temple goes. I don't think he looks like a good pro back. In the right situation you never know I guess, running backs are made by the talent around them more often than not.

I love Temple, but he's good for about 1 fumble a game.
There isn't a pro coach alive (or dead) who will put up with that.

duncan_idaho
03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I think he would be great for a team in need of a "posession" type reciever.. kinda like Keyshawn was in his later days..

I dont' care what his 40time was... he doesn't play that fast at all.. but he is a hard-nosed Football Player.. not a track star.. the kinda guy Herm claims to covet

Franklin isn't a "burner," but he is a lot faster than the average possession receiver. (Keyshawn came into the league running a 4.6; he was a 4.8 guy by the end of his career). He has more than enough speed to get behind a defense, and with his size, strength and leaping ability, he's a dangerous downfield option.

The guy isn't Jeremy Maclin-fast, but there are few players who are.

With the measureables he's put up, Franklin's going to be a first-day pick, though, as Pitt said, so I don't expect the Chiefs to land him.

It's too bad. He'd be a nice fit in the slot/opposite Bowe.

Pitt Gorilla
03-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Franklin isn't a "burner," but he is a lot faster than the average possession receiver. (Keyshawn came into the league running a 4.6; he was a 4.8 guy by the end of his career). He has more than enough speed to get behind a defense, and with his size, strength and leaping ability, he's a dangerous downfield option.

With the measureables he's put up, Franklin's going to be a first-day pick, though, as Pitt said, so I don't expect the Chiefs to land him.

It's too bad. He'd be a nice fit in the slot/opposite Bowe.I'd like to see the Chiefs give Ek another look. He has great speed and good size. His hands were the big questions.

Sully
03-07-2008, 01:35 PM

It's too bad. He'd be a nice fit in the slot/opposite Bowe.

First day is now round 1-2. I can't see him going that high, although I'd love for that to happen.

duncan_idaho
03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
First day is now round 1-2. I can't see him going that high, although I'd love for that to happen.

Ah, I forgot about that. Third-round is what I should have said.

I wouldn't be completely surprised to see him in the late second, though it's a long shot. He's going to go higher than Rucker, though. I was called crazy by a couple of friends for saying that before the season, but it's going to happen.

Rucker REALLY needs to be healthy enough to run at Mizzou's second pro day...

Duck Dog
03-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Every time I glance across the thread title I read; I hope the Chiefs will look at Al Frankin.

Mecca
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Sometimes I think if people around here had their say we'd be a team full of MU/KU/Kstate players with some other Big 12 guys mixed in...

In all fairness every WR this year is a giant crapshoot this is one of the most blah WR years I can remember.

This team shouldn't be taking any WR's on day one, with the positions of depth round 3 should be where they target a corner.