PDA

View Full Version : McCain loses temper, admits lying about 2004 Kerry/VP discussions...

jAZ
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
McCain's having a bad day. Good thing it's Friday and he's out of the country soon.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/07/743261.aspx

From NBC's Bethany Thomas
What began as a typical chat session with traveling reporters on the plane from Atlanta to New Orleans quickly became a testy exchange with McCain. The senator was questioned on the details of a conversation with former presidential nominee John Kerry in 2004 about being his potential running mate.

The topic came up earlier this morning during a town hall at the headquarters of Chic-Fil-A, where an employee asked if McCain would consider John Kerry as a running mate for this election cycle.

McCain answered in Atlanta that his and Kerry’s political views are too different. “I just totally disagree with them,” McCain said. “He is a liberal Democrat... I am a conservative Republican. When we had that conversation in 2004, that’s why I never even considered such a thing.”

Pressed further aboard the plane by a reporter as to whether he did in fact have a conversation with Kerry, McCain showed his infamous temper.

Elisabeth Bumiller of the New York Times asked, “Senator, can I ask you about Senator Kerry. I just went back and looked at our story, the Times story, and you told Sheryl Stolberg that you had never had a conversation with Kerry about being about vice president...”

McCain testily replied, “Everybody knows that I had a private conversation. Everybody knows that. That I had a conversation. There’s no living American in Washington -- that knows that, there’s no one.”

Bumiller: “Okay.”

McCain: “And you know it, too. You know it. So, I don’t even know why you ask.”

Bumiller: “Well, I ask because I just read…”

McCain: “You do know it. You do know it.”

Bumiller: “Because I just read in the Times in May of ’04 you said….”

McCain: “I don’t know what you may have read or heard of, I don’t know the circumstances. Maybe in May of '04 I hadn’t had the conversation…”

Bumiller: “But do you recall the conversation?”

McCain: “I don’t know, but it’s well known that I had the conversation. It is absolutely well known by everyone. So do you have a question on another issue?”

Bumiller: “Well can I ask you when the conversation was?”

McCain: “No. nope, because the issue is closed as far as I’m concerned. Everybody knows it. Everybody knows it in America.”

[...]

McCain: “And I said categorically no, under no circumstances. That’s very well known.”

The 2004 New York Times piece in question ends in this way: [...]

"Asked if Senator Kerry had made such an offer, Mr. McCain said no without hesitation. But asked if the two men had ever discussed it, even casually, he paused for a moment. 'No,' he said finally. 'We really haven't.'"

patteeu
03-07-2008, 01:23 PM
You seem to be putting a lot of wishful thinking into the pronouns jAZ. I'm a little confused about what "it" was after reading your article, but I'm 100% confident that if we asked Sen. McCain whether he has admitted to lying about 2004 Kerry/VP discussions the answer would either be "no" or "hell, no" (or maybe a punch in the face).

BucEyedPea
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Bumiller: “But do you recall the conversation?”

McCain: “I don’t know, but it’s well known that I had the conversation. It is absolutely well known by everyone. So do you have a question on another issue?”
LMAO He answers he doesn't recall having it but everyone knew he did? Is he senile too?

What a curmudgeon!

noa
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
He's a monster

DaKCMan AP
03-07-2008, 01:28 PM
DISCLAIMER: The utterance "MY FRIENDS" has been removed from each of Senator McCain's responses in order to simplify the above verbal exchange.

BigCatDaddy
03-07-2008, 01:30 PM
This guy is like a cheap piece of toliet paper. He don't take crap off of nobody including the press. He's got my vote!

pikesome
03-07-2008, 01:35 PM
McCain... dishonest? No... no... tell me it isn't so!!!!!!!!

Taco John
03-07-2008, 01:48 PM
DISCLAIMER: The utterance "MY FRIENDS" has been removed from each of Senator McCain's responses in order to simplify the above verbal exchange.

It's like fingernails on a chalk board.

Ultra Peanut
03-07-2008, 02:08 PM
This guy is like a cheap piece of toliet paper. He don't take crap off of nobody including the press. He's got my vote!Don't take crap off of nobody... except the people he thinks can get him elected.

I wuvvvv you Dubya! I wuuuuvvvv you Mistah Falwell! Pwease hep me out here!

Taco John
03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
This guy is going to go down in flames...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kj7HbqwZwRM&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kj7HbqwZwRM&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigCatDaddy
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I love it! No more of this Mr. Niceguy crap we are used to seeing. I think most Americans can relate.

chiefforlife
03-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I thought he did well. He didnt lose his temper, maybe a little frustrated with the question. Good for him.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Looking at that vid taco put up shows me Mac should get a job on Fox news.:D
I mean how many times did he chop off the lady's communication. Rude!
Perfect for Fox though.

a1na2
03-07-2008, 03:43 PM
It's like fingernails on a chalk board.

So you have something in common with McCain! Will wonders ever cease?

HonestChieffan
03-07-2008, 03:46 PM
He should have gone ahead and ended the sentence with Bitch. One more reason Im on McCains bandwagon. Press people are idiots.

Cochise
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
So, in this instance it's not OK to lie about whether a conversation took palce?

chiefforlife
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
So, in this instance it's not OK to lie about whether a conversation took palce?

Who's keeping score?

BigCatDaddy
03-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I just realized it was a NY Times reporter that was involved here. No wonder he wasn't too happy with her after their smear campaign implying he had an affair. I don't think I would have let her on the plane to began with. Give'em Hell McCain!

Taco John
03-08-2008, 01:21 PM

So in this instance it's OK to lie about whether a conversation took place?

Taco John
03-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I love watching Republicans having to carry this guys water. It's a wonderfuly thing watching all of these airy jackasses pretend that they're above it all while swinging from the nuts of a guy that architected McCain/Fiengold and McCain/Kennedy.

Watching people roll over priciple like a bunch of dogs at Westminster is good entertainment. The best part would come if McCain actually got elected and started signing all of the liberal legislation that comes down the pike. Watching these sniveling Republicans cry about the upcoming amnesty bill that McCain will surely sign is going to be the only consolance out of the deal.

BucEyedPea
03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I love watching Republicans having to carry this guys water. It's a wonderfuly thing watching all of these airy jackasses pretend that they're above it all while swinging from the nuts of a guy that architected McCain/Fiengold and McCain/Kennedy.

Watching people roll over priciple like a bunch of dogs at Westminster is good entertainment. The best part would come if McCain actually got elected and started signing all of the liberal legislation that comes down the pike. Watching these sniveling Republicans cry about the upcoming amnesty bill that McCain will surely sign is going to be the only consolance out of the deal.

LMAO!!

Watchin' 'em defend a liberal then call others out for voting for a liberal like Obama! The irony of partisanship.

I really relish, a full tempermental meltdown by McCain sometime hopefully in the middle of this election.

a1na2
03-08-2008, 02:28 PM

Who was it carrying the water bucket for Ron Paul earlier?

From what I see you will roll over for anyone that pays the best. Didnt' you work for Ronnie's run? (You were paid exactly what you were worth I'm guessing.)

Taco John
03-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Who was it carrying the water bucket for Ron Paul earlier?

What do you mean earlier? I'm voting for Ron Paul in November. I'm going to vote for a conservative, even if the Republicans don't want to put one up.

And I'll work against McCain, because the engineer of McCain/Feingold and McCain/Kennedy getting elected as a Republican is about the worst thing that can happen to the constitutional conservative movement. The second worst thing is Hillary Rodham Clinton getting elected. The third worst thing is Obama.

I'm not sure why you'd believe that I'm somehow ashamed of supporting Ron Paul. Let me assure you that I'm not.

a1na2
03-10-2008, 03:33 AM
What do you mean earlier? I'm voting for Ron Paul in November. I'm going to vote for a conservative, even if the Republicans don't want to put one up.

And I'll work against McCain, because the engineer of McCain/Feingold and McCain/Kennedy getting elected as a Republican is about the worst thing that can happen to the constitutional conservative movement. The second worst thing is Hillary Rodham Clinton getting elected. The third worst thing is Obama.

I'm not sure why you'd believe that I'm somehow ashamed of supporting Ron Paul. Let me assure you that I'm not.

You might as well stay at home on election day, you are throwing your vote away.

Answer this: If Ron Paul wins the popular vote as an independent how many electorial votes will he get? My understanding is that they do not recognize independent and third party candidates.

If I am correct in what I remember from past elections there are only two candidates that can win the election. That means anyone voting for any other than republican or democrat will be throwing their vote away.

Extra candidates get only diversional and those votes do not reflect the wants of the voter nor for what the country needs in a president.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 06:04 AM

I don't see what's wrong with an amnesty of some sort if it comes after actually securing borders to prevent a recurrence of the problem. I'm more concerned with the possibility that McCain would sign some kind of horrible global warming legislation or worse, join an international agreement like Kyoto (as opposed to legislation that would tend to make both global warming folks and people like me happy such as something to facilitate increased nuclear power).

And as bad as McCain has been and could possibly become, he's a far cry better than Hillary or Obama would be. Good luck with getting a weak foreign policy libertarian result out of your vote.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 06:07 AM
LMAO!!

Watchin' 'em defend a liberal then call others out for voting for a liberal like Obama! The irony of partisanship.

I really relish, a full tempermental meltdown by McCain sometime hopefully in the middle of this election.

If you think McCain and Obama are interchangeable liberals you're pretty far gone. What's that noise you're always making about two value logic?

chagrin
03-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Watching people roll over priciple like a bunch of dogs at Westminster is good entertainment.

Irony

a1na2
03-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Irony

Should have read:

IRONY

StcChief
03-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I love it! No more of this Mr. Niceguy crap we are used to seeing. I think most Americans can relate.
Good for you standing up to NYTimes. liberal rag.

wonder how dishrag Obama would handle himself if he was really pressed on anything.... The softball questions about to come to an end.