PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen this vid posted yet

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2008, 03:58 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kACbVGsWN74"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kACbVGsWN74" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Brett Favre's retirement announcement

Halfcan
03-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks-man that sucks. Best QB ever!!!

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks-man that sucks. Best QB ever!!!
ha!

He was great for a 4 or 5 year stretch in the late 90's...

Top 10 QB, sure...best QB ever? Not even close. The only thing that truly impresses me about Brett Favre is his longevity...but someone was spouting off about how they'd take Favre under center when the game was on the line over any other QB ever and that's just pure stupid.

He became quite the choke artist the last 5, 6 years...

pikesome
03-07-2008, 04:52 PM
ha!

Top 10 QB, sure...best QB ever? Not even close. The only thing that truly impresses me about Brett Favre is his longevity...but someone was spouting off about how they'd take Favre under center when the game was on the line over any other QB ever and that's just pure stupid.

You're not really the resident expert on QBs.

Halfcan
03-07-2008, 04:54 PM
ha!

Yep, he is no Huard-that is for sure.

Brett is the best EVER!!

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
You're not really the resident expert on QBs.

why...because two years ago I said Huard was a better fit than Green and was right?

why...because last year I said Huard was a better fit than Croyle and was right?

I eagerly await your reply.

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I specifically remember Brett Favre throwing about 9 picks AT Lambeau against the Falcons in the playoffs against the 2nd year Mike Vick years ago, I specifically remember Brett Favre deciding, in overtime, in a game that pretty much meant Super Bowl for the Packers a few years ago, against the Eagles, he was just going to chuck it really high in the air, on 1st down, which resulted in an easy INT for Philly and an easy field goal for the win. I specifically remember him throwing at least 4 picks against Minnesota in the playoffs a few years ago...and I specifically remember him, at home, in the playoffs this year, playing so awful against the Giants that had he not been Brett Favre, it would have been considered one of the biggest choke jobs ever, you know, since they had a HOME game, at Lambeau, for the Super Bowl...

How do people consider this guy to be clutch? I get it, he used to throw the ball 150 MPH and for a 3 year stretch in the 90's, he was amazing and no one was better...but for god's sake, it's 2008, and he hasn't been anything above average since 2002. That team is going to get better with Rodgers at QB.

Sfeihc
03-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Holy Cow! When did Brett Favre retire? I haven't heard a thing about it.:eek:

DaFace
03-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Best ever? Depends on how you define that. In terms of pure skill, he's probably not in the top 5, but he sure was fun to watch. I'm not sure I've ever seen another player who loved the game as much as Favre. So in that sense, he's the best ever in my book.