PDA

View Full Version : Is Hoyte damaged goods....?

aturnis
03-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Didn't see any of this mentioned in my brief search...

Latest notes

Mar. 3, 2008 - 2:14 p.m. ET

Chiefs claimed FB Oliver Hoyte off waivers from the Cowboys.

Hoyte (6'3/250) was a linebacker at N.C. State, but Dallas converted him into a lead blocker. He'll likely battle to start there with the Chiefs.

Feb. 28, 2008 - 3:45 p.m. ET

Cowboys waived FB Oliver Hoyte.

Ironic that he gets dumped the same day Zach Thomas is officially signed. Hoyte more or less ruined Thomas' 2007 season with a big block that gave Thomas a concussion. Hoyte has neck problems and may struggle to stay in the league.

Jan. 14, 2008 - 8:41 p.m. ET

Cowboys FB Oliver Hoyte will not need offseason surgery to correct nerve damage in his biceps and rotator cuff.

Hoyte sprained his neck early in 2007 and wound up playing through it during the second half of the season. An MRI determined that his condition had not worsened. Hoyte will likely stay on as Dallas' main lead blocker in 2008.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Nov. 15, 2007 - 2:22 p.m. ET

Cowboys FB Oliver Hoyte (neck) says he may need offseason surgery to correct nerve damage throughout his biceps and rotator cuff.

A converted college linebacker who took over as a starter in his 2006 rookie season, Hoyte has hardly been his self when he's played this year. Dallas tried to get Jason Snelling off Atlanta's practice team last week as insurance, but the Falcons countered by promoting Snelling to their active roster.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Nov. 8, 2007 - 9:29 a.m. ET

Cowboys FB Oliver Hoyte (neck) is expected to return in Week 10.

Hoyte has missed the last six games with a neck injury, but will be counted on with rookie Deon Anderson out for the year with a torn rotator cuff. If Hoyte has a setback, the Cowboys will use tight ends Jason Witten and Anthony Fasano at fullback.

Ultra Peanut
03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
No. He is our FBOTF!

Rooster
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
He's a player in the NFL, of coarse he's damaged.

BigChiefFan
03-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I would say this is the most relative report, that you supplied...

Jan. 14, 2008 - 8:41 p.m. ET

Cowboys FB Oliver Hoyte will NOT need offseason surgery to correct nerve damage in his biceps and rotator cuff.

Hoyte sprained his neck early in 2007 and wound up playing through it during the second half of the season. An MRI determined that his condition had not worsened. Hoyte WILL LIKELY STAY ON as Dallas' MAIN LEAD BLOCKER in 2008.

I like the move more and more because he has upside, has some experience, and is young.

Hoover
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Here is the part I liked

"Hoyte more or less ruined Thomas' 2007 season with a big block that gave Thomas a concussion"

Skip Towne
03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
And the Chiefs quest to become an expansion team continues.