PDA

View Full Version : Hillary: "Vote for me because I'm a woman"

HolmeZz
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Guilt-ing people into voting for her seems to be the strategy she's employing in Mississippi.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8V8QUGO0&show_article=1

"What I said is what I learned is that neither Iowa or Mississippi had ever elected a woman statewide and I referenced the fact that I was the first woman elected statewide in New York and I told the Iowans that they had a chance to try to change that and now in Mississippi giving Mississippi voters a chance to change that," Clinton said in the radio interview.

noa
03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I think even more damning is the earlier quote that your link has:

On Iowa and Mississippi being the only states that have never elected a woman governor or sent a woman to Congress, Clinton said: "How can Iowa be ranked with Mississippi? That's not what I see. That's not the quality. That's not the communitarianism; that's not the openness I see in Iowa,"

She was basically trying to guilt Iowa voters into voting for her so they would be no longer associated with Mississippi.

Now she comes groveling back.

Jenson71
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
"Iowa is a bright, radical star"

- U.S. Grant, 1868.

From the article: it's time that women had a chance to have full equality in the political process. It didn't happen in Iowa, it hasn't happened in Mississippi. and it's time that it be changed," she said.

It wasn't equal because she lost?

Braincase
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
The people of the US just aren't ready for a woman president that has an open mariage.

bango
03-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Maybe she should just take her top off.