PDA

View Full Version : espn.com- John Claytons trip to Chiefs camp...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2001, 03:09 PM
Its a good article. espn.com, nfl page.

CG

sorry about not showing the link, I'm computer retarded:eek:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2001, 03:12 PM
And I think these articles by John Clayton give proof to everyone that DV and the Chiefs are NOT rebuilding.

CG

in case some of you thought we were

HC_Chief
08-08-2001, 03:16 PM
<a href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp01/s/010808chiefs.html">Here's the link</a>

:D

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2001, 03:20 PM
Thanks HC.

Gosh I wish I wasn't handicapped!:D

HC_Chief
08-08-2001, 03:23 PM
CG the easiest way to do it is to go to the site you want, highlight the URL in the address field, then hit CTRL+C on your keyboard (that copies what you have highlighted into memory). When you start a new thread, hit CTRL+V on your keyboard to paste the highlighted text here... like so: http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp01/s/010808chiefs.html

The board automatically parses the URL and creates a nice link for you :)

DaWolf
08-08-2001, 03:35 PM
My first 18 guys on defense have more talent than the first 18 guys on my Super Bowl team, and that was the sixth-best defense in football.

He must really like this defense...

Bob Dole
08-08-2001, 03:50 PM
Clayton has some nice things to say in yesterday's article, as well.

Bob Dole's favorite:

4. The best battle in camp may be at middle linebacker. Marvcus Patton is an invincible, smart quarterback of the defense. Backup Mike Maslowski is a bigger version of London Fletcher. Maslowski makes plays. Stay tuned.

Bob Dole can hear the chants of "Maz Dog, Maz Dog" building already...

Phobia
08-08-2001, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking an occasional 3-4 might get our 7 best defensive playmakers in the box in running situations....

Radar Chief
08-08-2001, 04:24 PM
We don't have the DE's to make the 3-4 work.

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 04:28 PM
I hope DV's words lately have calmed the fears of the "homers" lately.

He's obviously NOT obsessed with the offense like some would have us believe. He knows that our defense needs to be successful and he won't neglect that...

keg in kc
08-08-2001, 04:46 PM
I really think Clayton was surprised by what he found in River Falls, judging by the tenor of his article and a few of the comments he made.

His 5 observations from Chiefs camp mirror things a lot of us have been saying as well:

RIVER FALLS, Wis . -- Here are five quick observations from the Chiefs' training camp.

1. Trent Green's accuracy is uncanny. Early in camp, it makes the offense look a little uneasy. Green throws to the spot where the receivers are supposed to arrive. Because they aren't as fast as the Rams receivers, occasionally the passes are incomplete. Sideline observers note how good Green is throwing those out passes to the sidelines.

2. Talented former Chargers second-rounder Mikhael Ricks may have finally found an offense that can exploit his talents. The Chiefs have moved Ricks, who is 6-foot-5, 242 pounds, to tight end and line him up in the slot on the other side of Tony Gonzalez in four-receiver sets. Ricks, once Ryan Leaf's favorite receiver, is fast and has great hands.

3. The sleeper receiver on the Chiefs is 5-foot-6 J.J. Moses, an undrafted rookie from Iowa State. It may be a lot to ask but Moses has the potential to be the Chiefs version of Az-Zahir Hakim.

4. The best battle in camp may be at middle linebacker. Marvcus Patton is an invincible, smart quarterback of the defense. Backup Mike Maslowski is a bigger version of London Fletcher. Maslowski makes plays. Stay tuned.

5. The Chiefs defensive ends are better than people realize. Eric Hicks is a legitimate Pro Bowler. Duane Clemons is a talented pass-rusher who has decent run-stopping skills on the right side.

I guess it's not all gloom and doom after all...

DaWolf
08-08-2001, 04:53 PM
Like I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me if this team struggles as they try to grasp the system, but OTOH it wouldn't surprise me if this team comes out of nowhere to surprise people. You can't think too highly of something you have no clue about. And most sportswriters have not seen the Chiefs in person, they just know:
1) Salary cap problems.
2) Had to cut Elvis.
3) DV doesn't have the St Louis weapons, so (since they assume he's going to try to do everything here exactly like with the Rams) he's bound to fail.

If this group of guys gets some chemistry going and fundamentals down, they are young and hungry for W's...

keg in kc
08-08-2001, 05:01 PM
It's probably not the nicest thing I've said about the KC QB position lately, but d@mn doesn't it feel nice to hear things like "uncanny accuracy" and "Sideline observers note how good Green is throwing those out passes to the sidelines" to go with all the comments about "leadership" that we've been hearing for weeks!

Night and day... :)

Just remember to do a nightly "keep Trent healthy" dance.

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 05:14 PM
Due to both factors mentioned, I expect us to go about 8-8. We'll beat some of the Tennessee's of the league, but we'll probably lose a couple to the mediocre teams as well.