PDA

View Full Version : Meaningless Game full of Meaning for Fans...

ThaChop
08-08-2001, 03:28 PM
New commentary at.....

http://KCChopper.homestead.com/KCChopper.html

Have a great Sunday...and go Chiefs!

ThaChop

KCTitus
08-08-2001, 03:29 PM
WARNING -- it's a proctor dissertation on Marty.

phillfree
08-08-2001, 04:38 PM
I have nothing against Proctor but I don't see the point of the article. I don't think Johnny new what he wanted to say in this one but he felt he had to say something.....C'mon Proctor you can do better then that!

PhilFree :cool:

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 04:41 PM
Good lord...

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 04:42 PM
I read it, and the previous post was the only thing I can think of to say...it really is stupifying at times...

King_Chief_Fan
08-08-2001, 04:46 PM
Yaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn..... BORING!!!!

Go Redsk, er I mean Chiefs... right johnny?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2001, 04:53 PM
Great job, Proctor. Your article is my prelude to my poll.

ThaChop
08-08-2001, 05:21 PM
He feels your pain. This is what he sent along with the story...

"This one is flatter than a pancake, but I hope the subject matter itself will drive a hot discussion. Hope it works! John"

Take care!

ThaChop

:cool:

KCJohnny
08-08-2001, 05:27 PM
I'm just a soldier, not a writer.
I do that for the sheer fun of it.
The point I was making is that Green, Marty and Vermiel will all be cheered by their former teams and fans.
And that there will be a lot of emotion in the SEP 30 game on the line.

KCJ
Entitled to one bomb every now and then
:confused:

keg in kc
08-08-2001, 05:44 PM
Don't take is so hard, John.

In your defense, you have the courage to write the articles and post them on the net for the world to see so that says something about you...

KCJohnny
08-08-2001, 05:44 PM
Conversation with Marty Schottenheimer - August 8, 2001

On Coming back to Kansas City
Q: This pre-season game isn't important in the grand scheme of things but certainly you've sat around discussing the irony of playing your first game back as a head coach in Kansas City ?
SCHOTTENHEIMER: "The one thing I've told everybody around here that I'm grateful for is that we get to play the regular season competition back here in Washington."

Q: What kind of reaction do you expect from the crowd Sunday night ?

SCHOTTENHEIMER: "I really don't know. I'd be less than honest if I didn't tell you that I'm hopeful that they remember who I was. But that part of it is not really what the game is all about, but I'd be less than candid if I said I didn't care or it doesn't matter."

Q: Do you expect the return to be better received than the first time you went back to Cleveland ?

SCHOTTENHEIMER: "I would hope so."

Q: But aren't the circumstances of the departure from Cleveland different from those in Kansas City ?

SCHOTTENHEIMER: "To some extent, yes. My departure from Cleveland was the product of the fact that Art (Modell, the owner) wanted me to do certain things relative to the staff that I really didn't want to get into. I've always said that it's the owner's football team and he can do whatever he wants with it. They were clearly different circumstances."

Q: Is it going to be emotional coming back to Kansas City and Arrowhead ?

SCHOTTENHEIMER: "I don't know; it might be. There are a lot of wonderful memories there."

Q: How's Donnell Bennett doing as your starting fullback ?

SCHOTTENHEIMER: "He's our starting fullback and he's really done very well for us. A couple of the guys were commenting that the practices are really tough and Donnell said, 'hey, this is nothing like it used to be. You guys don't have any idea what tough is like.' I think throughout the league the advent of the off-season program and all the time spent...that training camps are not as rigorous as they once were."

SCHOTTENHEIMER: "My feeling about Dick is anytime as a head football coach you take your football players and utilize them in a way that best suits their skills you're doing the right thing. That's clearly what he did. When he was in Philadelphia the best thing to do was to run the ball and rely on the defense. When he got to St. Louis he had far better players on the offensive side and the quality at quarterback so he went and did that. That has always been the mark of a good football coach. You don't want to go and try and fit square pegs in round holes. Dick has done that very well and I've thought to do the same.

"Relative to here, it's still undetermined whether we'll be better running it or better throwing it. At this juncture, if we've got the opportunity with a guy like Stephen Davis we'll want to run it. But the receiving corps with Michael Westbrook and some younger guys developing, I think we're going to be able to throw it as well."

KCJohnny
08-08-2001, 05:45 PM
Bless you, Kyle.
Chaplain

FloridaChief
08-08-2001, 06:08 PM
Hope you don't feel too embattled over here on the Planet, John...

FWIW, I myself am very curious to see what kind of season Marty's going to have in Wash. this year...

For the most part, I really liked the guy and--still remembering his part in turning around the floundering Chiefs franchise--have nothing but the best wishes for him in his career; as long as that success...

{well, here's that phrase again...[sigh]...I really should make *this* my permanent sig file}

...as long as that success doesn't impinge on the Chiefs.

sheesh, i've said it a thousand times...:o

KCJohnny
08-08-2001, 06:11 PM
FLAChief:
Thanks for your warm regards. Once a month or so a genuine soul like you will encourage me to keep on posting. If I am embattled, it is for my (sometimes blind) loyalty to the heritage, tradition and spirit of Chiefs football. I am a professional soldier, and those values mean a ton to me.

Bless you for your kind words, my friend!

KCJ

htismaqe
08-08-2001, 07:36 PM
KCJ,

You make me laugh, man...don't EVER stop posting, especially just because a few of us are mean to you! :D

KCJohnny
08-09-2001, 07:44 AM
Are you asking me to stick around for my value as some kind of BB moron/jester?

KCJ
Glad to be wanted for whatever reason

Mark M
08-09-2001, 08:31 AM
Not great, but not terrible.

You know, Proctor, you and I have had a run in, but I'd hate to see you leave ... if you go, the only person we have left to pick on is Packfan! ;)

Seriously, don't worry about the criticism ... even Shakespeare had his flops.

MM
~~Knows Proctor can, and will, do better.

KCTitus
08-09-2001, 08:41 AM
it is for my (sometimes blind) loyalty to the heritage, tradition and spirit of Chiefs football.

Excuse me? What?

I think you should replace 'Chiefs football' with 'Marty/Gunther football'.

If one has 'blind loyalty' to the Chiefs, one wouldnt be writing about how the team or franchise has 'sold out' to a new regime or another team. One also wouldnt write about how the team is headed for disaster now that the two best coaches in football have gone elsewhere.

There's blind loyalty alright, but please dont say it's with this team or franchise. A 'blind homer' does not use the words sell out or 'ramification' or however the hell you say it.

htismaqe
08-09-2001, 10:03 AM
Johnny,

I was trying to be nice to you. Chiefs' football obviously isn't the only thing you're blind to.

KCJohnny
08-09-2001, 04:22 PM
Parker:
I should have posted a smiley. I was just funnin'.

Mark: Thanks, friend.

Titus:
I have explained ad infitum why for me loyalty is measured against the pride and tradition of historical Chiefs football. I realize you disagree, but that in no way impinges upon my loyalty. Your opinions are your own, mine are my own.

Speaking of 'blind', one has to blind NOT to see that the whole off-season was spent on the "Ramifization" of the Chiefs, at least their offense. To you that may be clever football management, to me it was selling out. The whole greasy way Gun was fired, Vermiel reneged on his pledge to Georgia Frontieere, Tagliabue forced the Chiefs to send our #2 pick to StL, the way Vermiel was pimping Green while Grbac was still here, the hiring of Al Saunders (because of his Rams association, not his KC ties), the constant references Vermiel made/makes to the '99 Rams, the comparison of Priest Holmes ton Faulk, etc....the giving up a #1 pick for Green, bringing in large quantities of Martz' playbook, etc... while the team eats $19 mil on players no longer on the team.

I am loyal to the Chiefs. And as a US Army soldier and leader, I think I know a little bit about loyalty.

KCJ