PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Fox is the source so who knows

a1na2
03-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Obama has links to a terrorist group?

Weather Underground.

Just saw a short part of the story but wondered if anyone else saw it.

Nothing on the internet so far.

If this is true what damage does it do to his campaign?

Who was responsible for releasing the information, if true?

Who would be the most likely party to release the information?

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Obama was apparently one of those toddler terrorists we hear so much about.

Or maybe he visits wunderground.com for the daily forecast. That makes more sense.

Logical
03-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Good lord what rock have you been hiding under Voldemortom. This is ancient news that Hannity just loves to keep bringing up. It has made 0 impact to date and I don't expect it ever will.

Bowser
03-08-2008, 07:37 PM
HE HAS TEH HUSSEIN IN HIZ NAMESEZ!! HE KILLZ OLD LADEEZ AND TEH BAYBEEZ!!!!

HolmeZz
03-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Hannity has really done a bang-up job brainwashing the tards that make up the majority of his audience.

Bowser
03-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I won't believe it until Hog Farmer says it's true.

beer bacon
03-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Barak Hussein Obama was once in the same building as someone who was previously in the Weather Underground. Shame on you Osama. Shame on you.

elvomito
03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
HE HAS TEH HUSSEIN IN HIZ NAMESEZ!! HE KILLZ OLD LADEEZ AND TEH BAYBEEZ!!!!i've just pictured a kittykat poster

chiefforlife
03-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Breaking news? What?

I cant believe they are going to go back to this after the backlash they received .

banyon
03-08-2008, 09:52 PM
i've just pictured a kittykat poster

yep

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-cat-plays-with-icicles.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-angry-cat-in-bath.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-cat-on-vomiting-person.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
03-08-2008, 10:15 PM
OMG!!OMG!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!

Taco John
03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
These guys look pretty dangerous:

http://www.wunderground.com/

Bowser
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RcwLWk5laY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RcwLWk5laY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SNR
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't get it. Obama is Harry Potter?

Hog Farmer
03-09-2008, 06:25 AM
TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!

a1na2
03-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Good lord what rock have you been hiding under Voldemortom. This is ancient news that Hannity just loves to keep bringing up. It has made 0 impact to date and I don't expect it ever will.

My guess is that you missed the point that I never watch Hannity, nor many of the other biased shows.

I was walking through the family room and fox news was on.

Make of my lack of exposure what you will, but the fact stands that there are shady things in your favorite candidates background.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm disappointed that

(a) you weren't already aware of the links between Obama and Bill Ayers, a member of the 1960's terrorist group, The Weather Underground,

(b) you didn't know that Obama has admitted these links,

(c) you weren't able to confirm this easily through the use of google, and

(d) you apologize for using Fox News as a source.

Obama has a lot of links to shady characters from a variety of walks of life. He's not much different than a lot of other politicians in this regard. There's no reason to think that Obama is involved in any terrorist activity because of his connection to Bill Ayers. There is reason to believe that Obama is a political radical because of connections like this though. Now you know the story. If you need more details, there is plenty of this on the internet. Just google Bill Ayers Obama Underground or something like that.

Bowser
03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm disappointed that

(a) you weren't already aware of the links between Obama and Bill Ayers, a member of the 1960's terrorist group, The Weather Underground,

(b) you didn't know that Obama has admitted these links,

(c) you weren't able to confirm this easily through the use of google, and

(d) you apologize for using Fox News as a source.

Obama has a lot of links to shady characters from a variety of walks of life. He's not much different than a lot of other politicians in this regard. There's no reason to think that Obama is involved in any terrorist activity because of his connection to Bill Ayers. There is reason to believe that Obama is a political radical because of connections like this though. Now you know the story. If you need more details, there is plenty of this on the internet. Just google Bill Ayers Obama Underground or something like that.

Yes, the politicos of this country are big league bullshitters. Look no further than the photo of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Hussein.

This witch hunt of Obama is ridiculous, and Faux News trying to stir it up with this OBAMA=TERRORIST crap is just that. Crap. And it is said crap that makes it a requirement to ALWAYS have to apologize for citing Faux News as a source.

|Zach|
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I believe the Weather Channel is way too mainstream. This is where I get my Weather Underground.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1769865&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1769865&fullscreen=1" /></object>

Mr. Laz
03-09-2008, 12:48 PM
you can expect more ...... the right is king of dirty throwing and bullshitting

they do whatever they have to do to get what they want .... right,wrong whatever.

BucEyedPea
03-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Hillary RAHD'AM Clinton

Mr. Laz
03-09-2008, 02:36 PM
the sad part is that it will work with some people

there are many an inbred retard out there that will believe it.

hell ..... there are many on this BBS that will buy into it.

penchief
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Obama was apparently one of those toddler terrorists we hear so much about.

Or maybe he visits wunderground.com for the daily forecast. That makes more sense.

In 12th grade I went to the public library and checked out a book about the SDS. Does that mean I'm a communist terrorist? Does that make me unfit to serve my fellow countrymen, let alone the human race? Does that fact, alone, give someone else the right to judge my intentions or condemn me based on their prejudiced speculation?

patteeu
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, the politicos of this country are big league bullshitters. Look no further than the photo of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Hussein.

This witch hunt of Obama is ridiculous, and Faux News trying to stir it up with this OBAMA=TERRORIST crap is just that. Crap. And it is said crap that makes it a requirement to ALWAYS have to apologize for citing Faux News as a source.

:spock: How is Fox trying to "stir it up"? Do people not have a right to know that Obama is friends with a former terrorist radical? I doubt seriously that Fox in any way suggested that Obama is involved in a nefarious plot to commit terrorism or anything like that. Fox News is at least as good a source as the AP, Reuters, CNN, or the New York Times, but of course that isn't really a very high bar.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 06:17 PM

they do whatever they have to do to get what they want .... right,wrong whatever.

You'd better take a look at both side in your ongoing presidential nomination mudfest.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 06:17 PM

hell ..... there are many on this BBS that will buy into it.

Believe what? You do realize that Obama has admitted it don't you?

htismaqe
03-09-2008, 06:24 PM
In 12th grade I went to the public library and checked out a book about the SDS. Does that mean I'm a communist terrorist? Does that make me unfit to serve my fellow countrymen, let alone the human race? Does that fact, alone, give someone else the right to judge my intentions or condemn me based on their prejudiced speculation?

I still might have a copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook around here somewhere. God damn that gum tasted AWFUL.

HolmeZz
03-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Believe what? You do realize that Obama has admitted it don't you?

Being friendly with a guy who lives in your neighborhood and happens to currently be a professor at a university is not 'links to a terrorist organization'. It's piss poor journalism intended to play into this narrative that Obama is unpatriotic and working for 'the other guy'. Hannity teased the story as 'Obama friendly with self-proclaimed terrorist' with pictures of Islamic extremists in the graphic.

The people pedaling the shit should be ashamed.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Being friendly with a guy who lives in your neighborhood and happens to currently be a professor at a university is not 'links to a terrorist organization'. It's piss poor journalism intended to play into this narrative that Obama is unpatriotic and working for 'the other guy'. Hannity teased the story as 'Obama friendly with self-proclaimed terrorist' with pictures of Islamic extremists in the graphic.

The people pedaling the shit should be ashamed.

If you're going to be pals with a convicted child molester and dog rapist, don't complain when the guy's past is mentioned. There is no disputing Bill Ayers' links to a terrorist organization. There is no disputing Obama's links to Bill Ayers. Fox News didn't report that Obama has links to a terrorist organization.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2008, 06:42 PM

they do whatever they have to do to get what they want .... right,wrong whatever.Yes, you are correct. Liberals, democrats, all angels! :rolleyes: ROFL

HolmeZz
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
If you're going to be pals with a convicted child molester and dog rapist, don't complain when the guy's past is mentioned.

Tell me your understanding of the extent of their 'friendship'.

We won't even get into the fact that we're talking about stuff from 40 years ago, but I know the Right is only keen on any sort of redemption when it suits them.

There is no disputing Bill Ayers' links to a terrorist organization. There is no disputing Obama's links to Bill Ayers.

The transitive property is not a good way to do journalism. Everybody with any even remote connection to Bill Ayers does not have links to a terrorist organization.

Fox News didn't report that Obama has links to a terrorist organization.

Uh, yeah they did. And it's clearly the impression Tom got from it. They've even claimed Ayers was a 'mentor' to Obama.

Ultra Peanut
03-09-2008, 07:29 PM

hell ..... there are many on this BBS that will buy into it.Considering how many inbred retards populate this forum, does that surprise you in the least?

Bowser
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
:spock: How is Fox trying to "stir it up"? Do people not have a right to know that Obama is friends with a former terrorist radical? I doubt seriously that Fox in any way suggested that Obama is involved in a nefarious plot to commit terrorism or anything like that. Fox News is at least as good a source as the AP, Reuters, CNN, or the New York Times, but of course that isn't really a very high bar.

Yeah, right. Fair and Balanced has nothing but good intentions at heart for the dems, and looks forward to bringing out the repub's shady dealings in the Middle East. Like I said, Rumsfeld and Cheney were pretty chummy with Saddam and Osama at one point. Does that make them defacto terrorist sympathizers? And why isn't Fair and Balanced looking more into this, especially with them (one of them, anyway) still in a prominent position of power in this country?

Here's my problem with Faux in a nutshell - Oreilly. When the whole Alberto Gonzalez thing was going day, on that day, Bill O had a panel breaking down why John Edwards gets 400 dollar haircuts. This went on for a half an hour, at least. They lost what little credibility they had that day, imo. The way I see it, they are a tool for the far right, flaming away at any chance. And for the record, I feel the same way about Olbermann. His show has more entertainment value, but he's the mirror image of Bill O. His obsession with Bill O is approaching unhealthy. Hopefully, all the shows on Faux aren't like Bill O's.

Hope that clears the air about that.

penchief
03-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Yes, you are correct. Liberals, democrats, all angels! :rolleyes: ROFL

The republican party has clearly been the party of dirty tricks and mud slinging for some time now.

Hell, Reagan made a deal with the very same Iranian terrorists that he publicly called evil just so he could get elected. Iran held on to our hostages until Reagan got nominated just to that they could create the impression that Iran feared Reagan. Little did we (the people) know that there was a weapons deal in place.

Little did Iran know that we would give Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction in order to counter our agreement with them.

It's a pretty ****ed-up world in which we live in. And as long as fear and prejudice is forced upon us by the power quo, we will always succumb to those fears in an Orwellian way. That is what the status quo counts on. And that is why I think elitism is despicable.

Human existence will not be enhanced until we rid ourselves of the human leeches who portend the end of civil society.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, right. Fair and Balanced has nothing but good intentions at heart for the dems, and looks forward to bringing out the repub's shady dealings in the Middle East. Like I said, Rumsfeld and Cheney were pretty chummy with Saddam and Osama at one point. Does that make them defacto terrorist sympathizers? And why isn't Fair and Balanced looking more into this, especially with them (one of them, anyway) still in a prominent position of power in this country?

Here's my problem with Faux in a nutshell - Oreilly. When the whole Alberto Gonzalez thing was going day, on that day, Bill O had a panel breaking down why John Edwards gets 400 dollar haircuts. This went on for a half an hour, at least. They lost what little credibility they had that day, imo. The way I see it, they are a tool for the far right, flaming away at any chance. And for the record, I feel the same way about Olbermann. His show has more entertainment value, but he's the mirror image of Bill O. His obsession with Bill O is approaching unhealthy. Hopefully, all the shows on Faux aren't like Bill O's.

Hope that clears the air about that.

That's just stupid. Cheney and Rumsfeld were never chummy with Saddam and I doubt that either one of them ever even met Osama. By contrast, Obama has admitted being friendly with Bill Ayers. You're going much farther than Fox did on far less basis in truth. Give me a break.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Tell me your understanding of the extent of their 'friendship'.

We won't even get into the fact that we're talking about stuff from 40 years ago, but I know the Right is only keen on any sort of redemption when it suits them.

The transitive property is not a good way to do journalism. Everybody with any even remote connection to Bill Ayers does not have links to a terrorist organization.

Uh, yeah they did. And it's clearly the impression Tom got from it. They've even claimed Ayers was a 'mentor' to Obama.

Maybe you should point to exactly what Fox said about this relationship. I just don't believe they went further than the facts will carry them at all. *Some* reporting on this relationship is completely responsible. Exagerating the connection to the point of implicating Obama in plots of the Weather Underground would obviously be uncalled for. But then, they didn't do anything of the sort.

HolmeZz
03-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Maybe you should point to exactly what Fox said about this relationship. I just don't believe they went further than the facts will carry them at all. *Some* reporting on this relationship is completely responsible. Exagerating the connection to the point of implicating Obama in plots of the Weather Underground would obviously be uncalled for. But then, they didn't do anything of the sort.

No, they didn't accuse him of plotting with Weather Underground. He was 9 years old at the time.

I don't even know why you're attempting to make the case they didn't misrepresent the relationship when, ignoring the fact that I saw it, it's quite clear the impression Tom got from it. And that was exactly what they wanted to accomplish.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 09:26 PM
No, they didn't accuse him of plotting with Weather Underground. He was 9 years old at the time.

I don't even know why you're attempting to make the case they didn't misrepresent the relationship when, ignoring the fact that I saw it, it's quite clear the impression Tom got from it. And that was exactly what they wanted to accomplish.

Suddenly a1na2 is your reality touchstone? I don't know why he got the impression that he did. Someone who half hears a story as they are passing through a room instead of intently watching for maximum comprehension might not be the best person in the world to rely on as the proof of your conclusion.

I find nothing on their website misrepresenting the relationship so I remain skeptical.

ROYC75
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
All of this is nosense, Politics in general is nonsense . I just wish we had canidates worth voting for .........

HolmeZz
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Suddenly a1na2 is your reality touchstone? I don't know why he got the impression that he did.

We both saw the same thing. He got the impression because it's exactly what was implied, and it works because most Fox News viewers are about as impressionable as he is.

I find nothing on their website misrepresenting the relationship so I remain skeptical.

I don't see a clip of the Hannity thing, but here's a clip with Ayer's being portrayed as Obama's mentor.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fV_h-XwchkY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fV_h-XwchkY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

patteeu
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
We both saw the same thing. He got the impression because it's exactly what was implied, and it works because most Fox News viewers are about as impressionable as he is.

I don't see a clip of the Hannity thing, but here's someone on their network reporting on Obama's 'relationships' and saying Ayers is his mentor.

So this came from a Hannity and Colmes, not a news show? I've heard Hannity talk about the Ayers connection before and he's never said anything unwarranted. Was this a guest talking?

What's wrong with calling Ayers a mentor? Obama is a young, rising politician and he gets friendly with a grizzled political veteran and you have problems with the word "mentor"? I'm sorry, but I don't see your point. What do you think Obama's reasons for speaking to the man are? Surely he didn't just happen to bump into him at a PTA meeting. Unfortunately, I can't watch the video you've offered tonight and I didn't see Hannity and Colmes, but tomorrow if I get a chance I'll take a look at the video.

HolmeZz
03-09-2008, 10:02 PM
So this came from a Hannity and Colmes, not a news show? I've heard Hannity talk about the Ayers connection before and he's never said anything unwarranted. Was this a guest talking?

It was a piece on Hannity's show. No Colmes.

What's wrong with calling Ayers a mentor? Obama is a young, rising politician and he gets friendly with a grizzled political veteran and you have problems with the word "mentor"? I'm sorry, but I don't see your point.

I know you're not this f*cking intellectually dishonest so don't act it. You haven't even been able to articulate your understanding of whatever relationship they've ever had, yet you're saying blatant misrepresentation of the facts is acceptable.

What do you think Obama's reasons for speaking to the man are?

They live in the same neighborhood? And Obama is a public figure running for public office who has probably spoken to and is friendly with everyone in his neighborhood?

patteeu
03-10-2008, 05:49 AM
It was a piece on Hannity's show. No Colmes.

I know you're not this f*cking intellectually dishonest so don't act it. You haven't even been able to articulate your understanding of whatever relationship they've ever had, yet you're saying blatant misrepresentation of the facts is acceptable.

They live in the same neighborhood? And Obama is a public figure running for public office who has probably spoken to and is friendly with everyone in his neighborhood?

I haven't seen you articulate a relationship between the two either. Part of the reason for that is that both Obama and Ayers seem to be reluctant to talk about it (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html). Obama admits that he's friendly with Ayers and that they both served together on the board of some sort of foundation, but he won't talk much about their first meeting when he was courting the favor of the local liberal establishment, including Ayers, as he began his political career. Neither of the two will further describe that meeting, but others who were there describe it as I have. I just don't see "mentor" as an incredible stretch under those circumstances. At the very least, he was a potential supporter with much more juice than the average voter. And it's not likely because of his money because no one knows Bill Ayers as a bigtime campaign financer (although he did later contribute a small amount to one of Obama's campaigns). Instead, he's known for his ideological activism. The last time a candidate for state senate made it a point to visit with me personally was... well never.

I'm not saying that "mentor" is the best possible way to summarize the relationship, but it's hardly the outrageous untruth that you are trying to make it out to be. If Obama wants to make sure the truth about the matter is crystal clear, he should hold a press conference about it and answer questions about it unambiguously instead of trying to keep the details on the down low.

Hog Farmer
03-10-2008, 06:15 AM
OBAMA HUSSEIN=SLEEPER CELL

beer bacon
03-10-2008, 06:18 AM
I will go as far as to say that is not unreasonable to assume that Barak Hussein Obama and Ayers were involved in a rather illicit affair with each other.

I mean, they claim the same city as their place of residence, and they were both in the same vicinity on at least one occasion. What is Barak Hussein Obama hiding?

patteeu
03-10-2008, 06:25 AM
What is Barak Hussein Obama hiding?

Even though I know you're being sarcastic, that's actually a good question.

a1na2
03-10-2008, 09:50 AM

I was not viewing Fox that day, I was walking through the family room and it was on the tube.

I saw some 15 seconds of what was on.

If you want to believe that I was impressed by it you need to re read what was posted.

Regardless of what was said, whenever it was said, I still do not have any kind of good impression of Obama, he is not running for president for the good of the country he is running for the power which he will have as president. Same goes for Hillary and McCain. We have no good candidates running for the office.

Bowser
03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Even though I know you're being sarcastic, that's actually a good question.

I think you are trying to do your best Donger impersonation here.