PDA

View Full Version : JaMarcus Russell is a fat porker

Count Zarth
03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/1.html

. At this point, quarterback is again a concern, because no one knows if JaMarcus Russell is ready to take over the starting job. There are rumors that he's close to 300 pounds and not exactly prepared for his close-up.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7670/78881486lj8.png

Bowser
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Damn, son. Push away from the table.

DBO82
03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
4xl jersey time slim.

Hays
03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
this is hard to believe since he knows he has a lot to prove and wants to start out of the gates this year.

on the other hand, getting paid like he did pretty much lets you forget things like football.

Wa-Z
03-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Lol....that's gotta be edited.

evolve27
03-09-2008, 08:30 PM
He'll soon be a backup like his prototype Jared Lorenzen.

nychief
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
this is all speculation.

MIAdragon
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Lol....that's gotta be edited.

noooo.........

Zebedee DuBois
03-09-2008, 08:37 PM
They should have at least edited in the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man's hat on him.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Considering the guy naturally weighs what 250-260 he gains 10 lbs and then he's "pushing 300" that's probably way more sensationalized than it should be.

JBucc
03-09-2008, 08:45 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/926/fatguyjk4.jpg

eazyb81
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
It's sad that he doesn't have the work ethic to get in the best shape of his life considering all that's on the line for him.

Coach
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Considering the guy naturally weighs what 250-260 he gains 10 lbs and then he's "pushing 300" that's probably way more sensationalized than it should be.

He's out of shape. A 300 pound QB isn't going to do well, considering that it'll hurt his knees and restricts his mobility even more.

He should be losing weight, or at least going down towards 230-240 instead.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Close to 300lbs can be heavy perception though....it could be 290 or it could be 270..either way it's still what 6 months before anyone plays any games.

alanm
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
It's sad that he doesn't have the work ethic to get in the best shape of his life considering all that's on the line for him.
Just one more reason that they should slot and cap rookie salaries.
Oh and Al Davis is a moron for drafting another Million dollar arm and 10 cent head QB.

Coach
03-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Close to 300lbs can be heavy perception though....it could be 290 or it could be 270..either way it's still what 6 months before anyone plays any games.

Still, it shows his inability to stay in shape, regardless if it's six months or six weeks. It's called "self-control" meaning keeping your body not only in shape, but well-toned as well.

He'd be more of a athlete if he was 230-240.

alanm
03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Still, it shows his inability to stay in shape, regardless if it's six months or six weeks. It's called "self-control" meaning keeping your body not only in shape, but well-toned as well.

He'd be more of a athlete if he was 230-240.
It also speaks well of his commitment to excellence.
I'd be seriously pissed if I had payed him the jack that Al did. ROFL

Mecca
03-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Brodie Croyle hang out with him then because he needs to gain some weight.

Coach
03-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Brodie Croyle hang out with him then because he needs to gain some weight.

He can gain weight by building muscle mass, not building through his belly.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
He can gain weight by building muscle mass, not building through his belly.

He needs to do whatever he can......he's built like an adolescent.

Deberg_1990
03-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Hes still better than any QB the Chiefs currently have.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM

I know what you're saying, but, really, what's on the line for him? He got a $30 million guaranteed contract before he ever took a snap. He's rich based off of his college career, he'll never have to work again. Unless he's stupid.

Cochise
03-09-2008, 10:02 PM
He showed up fat for the combine too, IIRC.. maybe it was LSU's pro day, I don't know. I remember Posnanski remarked about how great Bowe looked and how Russell looked like he had been wolfing down meatball heros for a few months.

alanm
03-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I know what you're saying, but, really, what's on the line for him? He got a $30 million guaranteed contract before he ever took a snap. He's rich based off of his college career, he'll never have to work again. Unless he's stupid.
I've no doubt the guy is dumber than a box of rocks.

Count Zarth
03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
I am nostradamus:

Is anyone else watching JaMarcus Russell on ESPN? My god this guy sounds like a complete friggin' retard. I wonder what he scored on the wonderlick. There's no hope of this guy running an NFL offense. Everything will have to be dumbed down.

I just saw JaMarcus Russell interviewed on NFL Network. He's dumb. I think he's got bust written all over him, especially if he goes to the Raiders.

My bust: JaDumbass Russell.

Iowanian
03-09-2008, 10:18 PM
This is exactly the reason the NFL needs to implement slotted rookie salaries and make them EARN those big contracts.

3yrs to prove yourself, maybe a 4th-draft-team-only tag option.....and the rookie earns the big payday in the 4-5th years of the contract.

It saves the teams from huge paydays to duds, and it leaves more money for vets who deserve it.

Deberg_1990
03-09-2008, 10:22 PM
This is exactly the reason the NFL needs to implement slotted rookie salaries and make them EARN those big contracts.

3yrs to prove yourself, maybe a 4th-draft-team-only tag option.....and the rookie earns the big payday in the 4-5th years of the contract.

It saves the teams from huge paydays to duds, and it leaves more money for vets who deserve it.

Ryan *cough* Sims

Mecca
03-09-2008, 10:34 PM
I do think the reaction here is funny....Brodie Croyle hasn't shown anymore yet somehow I watch people convinced that Croyle is gonna be good and call Russell a bust...

The only thing different is the uniforms they wear because in all honesty Russell is alot more talented. And we'll see what he weighs when they report in what 4 months.

Count Zarth
03-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I do think the reaction here is funny....Brodie Croyle hasn't shown anymore yet somehow I watch people convinced that Croyle is gonna be good and call Russell a bust...

The only thing different is the uniforms they wear because in all honesty Russell is alot more talented. And we'll see what he weighs when they report in what 4 months.

Thus far Brodie has accomplished more.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Of course on the other side of that I can say Russell doesn't have a knack of getting hurt all the time....or have blown out both his knees.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM

He's more talented. He's also playing for the worst-run franchise in professional sports (yes, worse than the Marlins, Atlanta Hawks, or Memphis Grizzlies), and he's got a cap-debilitating contract. His biggest asset was his arm strength. So was Jeff George's

He comes off as pretty damned stupid, as well, but Marino was a dumbass and seemed to do alright. You can't just be Vince Young stupid and expect to succeed at QB.

SNR
03-09-2008, 11:12 PM

The only thing different is the uniforms they wear because in all honesty Russell is alot more talented. And we'll see what he weighs when they report in what 4 months.Brodie Croyle wasn't the #1 overall pick. He was a 3rd rounder, and at the time that we drafted him, it was a "well, let's just see what happens" pick. Remember, we heard from Carl plenty that we didn't draft Croyle with the purpose of following Trent Green at starting QB. We were supposed to keep his ass on the bench, let him learn the team, the playbook, the ways of the NFL, let him heal up a bit, and see if he's actually anything.

Only since Green's injury have we been concerned with Croyle being the future and having the fans treat him like the 2nd coming up Joe Montana.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 11:13 PM
And Croyle is the same thing he has a strong arm, although Russell may have the strongest arm I've ever seen.

If you have the first pick you are gonna get a contract like that, it's just how it goes. Russell is the best QB prospect of about a 4 year span here.....I wonder what that says.

SNR
03-09-2008, 11:15 PM
And Croyle is the same thing he has a strong arm, although Russell may have the strongest arm I've ever seen.

If you have the first pick you are gonna get a contract like that, it's just how it goes. Russell is the best QB prospect of about a 4 year span here.....I wonder what that says.Best prospect in 4 years? Says who?

alanm
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM

Wouldn't matter if he was a Chief. He just screams bust.
I'm just saying. :shrug:

Mecca
03-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Best prospect in 4 years? Says who?

It's for a fact 3 and likely 4.....

He was 1st last year, he'd be the top QB this year, he'd easily be the top QB next year...so that's 3...I won't project further than next year let me check something...Young and Leinart were 2006, I'd say Russell is considered a better prospect than they were...

So yea 4 years.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Wouldn't matter if he was a Chief. He just screams bust.
I'm just saying. :shrug:

Well that's pretty bad seeing as like I said if you look over the past couple drafts this current one and next years and combine them all he'd be the 1st QB taken...best prospect of a 4 year span.

blueballs
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
No wonder Seabass struggled last year
Russell ate his stolen kid lunches

BigRock
03-09-2008, 11:23 PM
So that's why they cut Barry Sims. Russell's moving his fat ass to left tackle.

Rausch
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM

He was 1st last year, he'd be the top QB this year, he'd easily be the top QB next year...so that's 3...I won't project further than next year let me check something...Young and Leinart were 2006, I'd say Russell is considered a better prospect than they were...

So yea 4 years.

It's sickening.

You're the most renowned jerk-off artist since Paul Reubens...

Mecca
03-09-2008, 11:27 PM
How is that being a jerkoff?

If you combined the QB's from all those years he'd be the top guy...kinda puts a perspective on the QB's that have been coming out lately I guess.

The last year there was more than 1 guy that was the Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger year.

Count Zarth
03-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Most teams would take Jay Cutler over Russell right now.

alanm
03-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Well that's pretty bad seeing as like I said if you look over the past couple drafts this current one and next years and combine them all he'd be the 1st QB taken...best prospect of a 4 year span.
And that's a pretty sad statement in and of itself. :spock:

Mecca
03-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Cutler hasn't really looked good either.....and as far as the way I put it "as a prospect" coming out into the draft there's no way he'd have been taken ahead of Russell.

Being a great prospect doesn't mean he'll pan out just saying he's the best one of a period here, Tom Brady wasn't a great prospect he worked out.

Count Zarth
03-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Cutler hasn't really looked good either..

You're nuts. He threw for 3500 yards and 20 TD last year in his second season. He's a big-time playmaker in that offense.

If they held the draft again right now, every team would take Cutler over Russell.

Rausch
03-09-2008, 11:48 PM
How is that being a jerkoff?

Because you're not a fan with an opinion, you're a ****ing self-proclaimed Guru. Know-all and be-all of teh drafts know-ledge.

Perhaps if you came off less like the only guy in the know you'd be easier to digest than ipecac...

Rausch
03-09-2008, 11:50 PM
You're nuts. He threw for 3500 yards and 20 TD last year in his second season. He's a big-time playmaker in that offense.

If they held the draft again right now, every team would take Cutler over Russell.

Of course they would.

They'd also take Fran Drescher over you on their BB's as well...

doomy3
03-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Because you're not a fan with an opinion, you're a ****ing self-proclaimed Guru. Know-all and be-all of teh drafts know-ledge.

Perhaps if you came off less like the only guy in the know you'd be easier to digest than ipecac...

QFT

Zeke Ziggle
03-10-2008, 02:55 AM

So yea 4 years.

You could make a case for Quinn, Young and Leinart all being better prospects. For all that Russell is for arm strength Young was for athleticism being the most gifted athlete to play QB in years. Leinart was a born winner and while not having the greatest tools could just take over games.

Even if you look back to the start of his junior season he was in a battle to be named LSU number 1 QB. And while at LSU that isn't a major issue considering Ryan Perrilloux was backup last year but its difficult to call someone the best prospect in years when he was barely the best QB on his team

mikey23545
03-10-2008, 03:26 AM

Exactly.

Most conceited, pompous ass who has ever posted on a BB...

InChiefsHell
03-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Being a great prospect doesn't mean he'll pan out just saying he's the best one of a period here, Tom Brady wasn't a great prospect he worked out.

Yet you have no love for Brody? He's not a great prospect, but why couldn't he work out?

jspchief
03-10-2008, 07:47 AM

You know what's funny? Someone on a Chiefs BB starts a thread trashing what looks like it could be a very expensive mistake by a hated rival, and it only gets to page 2 before you make it another opportunity to take shots at Chiefs players.

You're seriously a douchebag.

Cochise
03-10-2008, 09:05 AM
You know what's funny? Someone on a Chiefs BB starts a thread trashing what looks like it could be a very expensive mistake by a hated rival, and it only gets to page 2 before you make it another opportunity to take shots at Chiefs players.

You're seriously a douchebag.

no chit

nobody likes a self-righteous know-it-all.

beach tribe
03-10-2008, 10:08 AM
no chit

nobody likes a self-righteous know-it-all.

Who leads the board by far in Friday and Saturday night posts.

Halfcan
03-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Damn, son. Push away from the table.

ROFL nice one

Hey Hey Hey its Fat Russell!

Mecca
03-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Who leads the board by far in Friday and Saturday night posts.

CrazyCoffey.....it's hard to beat the 200 a night he racked up.

And I'm sorry that hitting something with logic is being a douche, I don't care what team he's on that isn't going to change logic.

xbarretx
03-10-2008, 06:41 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/1.html

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7670/78881486lj8.png

thats what happens when you drink the "chocolate rain"

rad
03-10-2008, 07:13 PM
thats what happens when you drink the "chocolate rain"

I thought Warren Sapp retired? And when did he switch to QB?

xbarretx
03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I thought Warren Sapp retired? And when did he switch to QB?

lol Rep!

jspchief
03-11-2008, 07:27 AM
And I'm sorry that hitting something with logic is being a douche, I don't care what team he's on that isn't going to change logic. It has nothing to do with logic.

It has to do with your decision to come into a Raider bashing thread and start trashing Chiefs players. This thread didn't have anything to do with the Chiefs at all until you decided to start taking shots at Croyle. It's like you have a hard-on for turning any conversation into another Chiefs bitch session.

That's what makes you a douche.

blueballs
03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
March 10, 2008
Odds and ends
For a team that was 4-12 in 2007, the Raiders continue to generate a lot of rumors and fodder for jokes.

The latest is rumors JaMarcus Russell is tipping the scale at 300 pounds.

I spoke with someone close to Russell that said thatís not true and that Russell is a lot closer to the 260 pounds or so he finished the season at than anywhere near 300.

*I caught Def Comedy Jam after watching the series finale of The Wire. Even D.L. Hughley had jokes about the Raiders.

Imagine how much talk the team would generate with a winning record.

*I attended part of the Commitment to Excellence dinner and spoke with Justin Fargas, the 2007 season winner.

Heís in good shape and ready to join his teammates for the offseason program later this month.

Fargas is also starting a scholarship program to send deserving students to his old high school, Notre Dame High in Sherman Oaks, Calif.

(Note: Great athletes can get a great education for free at Long Beach Poly. Yes, that was a shameless plug).

A lot of critics have ripped the Raidersí signing of Fargas, but I think it was a good decision. Heís had injury problems in the past, but he sprained his knee last season and isnít coming off surgery.

I donít think a sprained knee is cause for concern like a torn ACL would be.

*Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was in attendance sporting his new haircut. His hair no longer is all the way on his shoulders, but should grow back in time for training camp.

*New WR coach James Lofton is still in good shape. I hear he used to run routes with the receivers in San Diego.

--Jason Jones

Ugly Duck
03-12-2008, 12:14 AM
The latest is rumors JaMarcus Russell is tipping the scale at 300 pounds.

You guyz are just jealous... that is muscle - solid muscle. Dudes been working out hard - if you don't believe it.... here's the latest pick of him training:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc297/luckydevil82/xfl_combine.jpg