PDA

View Full Version : Fox news sure seems to be in the Pimp Hillary for President business!!!

Logical
03-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Seems to me they slant all their stories at least slightly in HRCs favor.

Example 1: The way they seem to be pushing the Fla/Mich delegates should be seated even though a 10 year old understands how these do not fairly represent the true results.

Example 2: Constantly bringing up old and even untrue stories about Obama. It has been shown that actually HRC is the one whose team has talked to the Canadiens about NAFTA but Fox continually misreports it as Obama's team.

HolmeZz
03-09-2008, 09:17 PM
They took shots at Hillary when she appeared to be the nominee(and they sucked up to Obama) and now they've switched.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Seems to me they slant all their stories at least slightly in HRCs favor.

Example 1: The way they seem to be pushing the Fla/Mich delegates should be seated even though a 10 year old understands how these do not fairly represent the true results.

Example 2: Constantly bringing up old and even untrue stories about Obama. It has been shown that actually HRC is the one whose team has talked to the Canadiens about NAFTA but Fox continually misreports it as Obama's team.

I hate to wake you up from your slumber, but Obama's team has talked to the Canadians about NAFTA as well. There's no misreporting there.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 09:31 PM
They took shots at Hillary when she appeared to be the nominee(and they sucked up to Obama) and now they've switched.

I thought the Fox News Sunday crew was pretty fair to Obama this morning. For example, Brit Hume challenged Debbie Dingell, a democrat official in Michigan, about whether or not it would be fair to Obama to let the election stand as it is given that Obama's name wasn't even on the ballot.

Silock
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
They want McCain to win. McCain beats Hillary. McCain does not beat Obama.

patteeu
03-09-2008, 09:52 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I want Obama to win the nomination for the sake of McCain.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I want Obama to win the nomination for the sake of McCain.

Worried about the vagina vote?

Deberg_1990
03-09-2008, 10:32 PM

I pretty much agree with that.

If Obama wins the nomination, its sort of a similiar situation to the race in 1992. A young Clinton Vs. the Old Guard of Bush Sr.

Obama will continue to push the change/new ideas strategy Vs. the Old Ways of Business with McCain.

patteeu
03-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Worried about the vagina vote?

I'm always worried about that. :)

I just think Obama has shown vulnerability now that his aura of new tone and hope has been pierced. I've gone back and forth though so I'm not supremely confident that Obama is the easier candidate to beat. Hillary would galvanize conservative support for McCain and be less appealing to moderates who are really in play than an Obama who hits his upside would be, but her downside is higher than Obama's in my estimation and at the moment I think that Obama downside can be exploited. I do want Hillary to stick around for a while though and continue to open up Obama's downside.

beer bacon
03-10-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm always worried about that. :)

I just think Obama has shown vulnerability now that his aura of new tone and hope has been pierced. I've gone back and forth though so I'm not supremely confident that Obama is the easier candidate to beat. Hillary would galvanize conservative support for McCain and be less appealing to moderates who are really in play than an Obama who hits his upside would be, but her downside is higher than Obama's in my estimation and at the moment I think that Obama downside can be exploited. I do want Hillary to stick around for a while though and continue to open up Obama's downside.

He got killed in Wyoming this weekend, and I would be surprised if managed a victory in Mississippi. Hell, I would be surprised if he came out of the Texas primary with more than a +10 delegate advantage over Hillary.

Barry is falling apart.

Logical
03-10-2008, 11:32 AM
He got killed in Wyoming this weekend, and I would be surprised if managed a victory in Mississippi. Hell, I would be surprised if he came out of the Texas primary with more than a +10 delegate advantage over Hillary.

Barry is falling apart.:spock:

Carlota69
03-10-2008, 11:46 AM

Barry is falling apart.

He got killed? Really? Do you mean he actually died, cuz he won the state of Wyoming?

patteeu
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty confident that Beer Bacon is an Obama fan. I'm sure he was being sarcastic although I'm not sure what his point was.

banyon
03-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Rupert Murdoch Loves Hillary Clinton
Conservative Media Mogul To Host Fundraiser For Liberal N.Y. Senator

NEW YORK, May 9, 2006

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/09/politics/main1600694.shtml

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., April 29, 2006, left and News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch, June 18, 2003. (AP)

(CBS) To call them a political odd couple would be a rash understatement.

Conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch will host a fundraiser for liberal New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, the Financial Times reports.

The mating ritual of the unlikely allies has been under way for months. Clinton set political tongues to wagging last month by attending a Washington party celebrating the 10th anniversary of Fox News, the cable news channel owned by Murdoch.

The Financial Times quoted one unnamed source as describing the Clinton-Murdoch connection in this way: "They have a respectful and cordial relationship. He has respect for the work she has done on behalf of New York. I wouldn't say it was illustrative of a close ongoing relationship. It is not like they are dining out together."

The fundraiser will take place in July, the newspaper said. Clinton is the frontrunner for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, though she has not indicated whether or not she will run.

Clinton has worked hard to take the edge off her reputation as a card-carrying liberal. She has has collaborated with congressional conservatives on some peices of legislation, called for a "common ground" on abortion and cut a political figure some on the left see as decidedly un-liberal.

Clinton, who made her debut in the Senate Armed Services Committee four years ago, has never voted against any major Iraq military spending legislation. She has also taken two high-profile trips to Iraq – journeys that may have helped to strengthen the credentials of a senator with no military background or experience.

Clinton, who says she’s "always been a praying person," has moved into the territory John Edwards had hoped to claim as the moderate Democrat who cares about the average American